PDA

View Full Version : Boh's mid-FA mock (3/7)

Bohleive
03-07-2007, 10:00 AM
No trades, no explanations.
Round 1
1. Oak- Calvin Johnson (WR, GT)
2. Det- Brady Quinn (QB, ND)
3. Cle- Alan Branch (DT, Mich)
4. TB- Gaines Adams (DE, Clem)
5. AZ- Joe Thomas (OT, Wis)
6. Was- Jamaal Anderson (DE, Ark)
7. Min- Leon Hall (CB, Mich)
8. Hou- Adrian Peterson (RB, OK)
9. Mia- Darelle Revis (CB, Pit)
10. Atl- Laron Landry (S, LSU)
11. SF- Patrick Willis (LB, OlMs)
12. Buf- Lawrence Timmons (LB, FSU)
13. SL- Charles Johnson (DE, GA)
14. Car- Jamarcus Russell (QB, LSU)
15. Pit- Omobi Okoye (DT, Lvl)
16. GB- Marshawn Lynch (RB, Cal)
17. Jax- Michael Griffin (S, TX)
18. Cin- Chris Houston (CB, Ark)
19. Ten- Adam Carriker (DE, Neb)
20. NYG- Levi Brown (OT, PS)
21. Den- Victor Abiamiri (DE, ND)
22. Dal- Marcus McCaulley (CB, FS)
23. KC- Dwayne Bowe (WR, LSU)
24. NE- Dwayne Jarrett (WR, USC)
25. NYJ- Aaron Ross (CB, TX)
26. Phi- Reggie Nelson (S, FL)
27. NO- Paul Posluszny (LB, PS)
28. NE- Eric Weddle (S, UT)
29. Bal- David Harris (LB, Mich)
30. SD- Ted Ginn Jr. (WR, OSU)
31. Chi- Aaron Sears (OG/OT, Ten)
32. Ind- DeMarcus Tyler (DT, NCS)

Round 2
1. Oak- Joe Staley (OT, CMch)
2. Det- Jarvis Moss (DE, FL)
3. TB- Robert Meachem (WR, Ten)
4. Cle- Tony Ugoh (OT, Ark)
5. AZ- Brandon Merriweather (S, Mia)
6. Chi- Sidney Rice (WR, SC)
7. Min- Quentin Moses (DE, GA)
8. Hou- Justin Blalock (G/T, TX)
9. Mia- Greg Olsen (TE, Mia)
10. Atl- Ben Grubbs (OG, Aub)
11. SF- Quinn Pitcock (DT, OSU)
12. Buf- Tanard Jackson (CB, Syr)
13. SL- Jon Beason (LB, Mia)
14. Car- Brandon Siler (LB, FL)
15. Pit- Ryan Kalil (C, USC)
16. GB- Anothony Gonzales (WR, OSU)
17. Jax- Buster Davis (LB, FSU)
18. Cin- Josh Beekman (OG, BC)
19. Ten- Josh Wilson (CB, MD)
20. NYG- Eric Wright (CB, UNLV)
21. Den- Aaron Rouse (S, VT)
22. Dal- James Marten (OT, BC)
23. KC- Justin Harrell (DT, Ten)
24. Sea- Zach Miller (TE, AZS)
25. NYJ- Anthony Spencer (OLB, Pur)
26. Phi- Tim Crowder (DE, TX)
27. NO- David Irons (CB, Aub)
28. NE- Stewart Bradley (*ILB, Neb)
29. Bal- Michael Bush (RB, Lvl)
30. SD- John Wendling (S, WY)
31. NYJ- Ikaika Alma-Francis (DE, HA)
32. TB- Daymeion Hughes (CB, Cal)

Comments welcome, criticisms as well so long as you provide logical reasoning. If you want an explanation, ask.

eaglesalltheway
03-07-2007, 10:10 AM
Good first round pick for the Eagles. We would probably take Leonard in the second though.

KCJ58
03-07-2007, 10:10 AM
hate the rams first pick give us Okoye like the 2nd pick

PalmerToCJ
03-07-2007, 10:36 AM
I like the 1st rounder.

Bengals don't need a guard, I'd rather see a WLB (Rufus Alexander) or maybe Aaron Rouse.

Bohleive
03-07-2007, 10:40 AM
I like the 1st rounder.

Bengals don't need a guard, I'd rather see a WLB (Rufus Alexander) or maybe Aaron Rouse.

I thought you needed OL help and I know Steinbach left, could you elaborate?

PalmerToCJ
03-07-2007, 10:48 AM
I thought you needed OL help and I know Steinbach left, could you elaborate?

Yeah, understandable that you would think that at a distance. With Steinbach leaving we can put Whitworth at LG, Levi Jones will be healthy at LT... Then Ghiaciuc at C, Bobbie Williams at RG and Willie Anderson at RT. We also have Stacy Andrews as a backup at OG that the coaching staff had as a project and they're just in love with him. He played well in time at RG last year and we tendered him a 2nd round, so as you can see they have a lot of faith in his abilities.

Acreboy
03-07-2007, 10:56 AM
Bad pick for the Saints in round 1. We don't go LB.

it's either CB or BPA.

Irons in the 2nd is a big reach IMO.

Bohleive
03-07-2007, 11:16 AM
Bad pick for the Saints in round 1. We don't go LB.

it's either CB or BPA.

You just contradicted yourself; Pos is BPA, and he fits a need. Why wouldn't you go LB in RD 1?

rchrd
03-07-2007, 11:22 AM
I asked in the Vikings thread about players they just dont want with top 10 value and Hall came out most. Top 10 money to play nickle? I dont know how much Winfield has left in the tank but it 'seems' as this year wont be the time to dealing with it in the first round, plus Griffin was born to play tampa-2 corner.

Although seeing who is left there and without trading its hard to say what happens, Landry, Okoye?

T-RICH49
03-07-2007, 11:29 AM
I believe KC would take Jarrett instead of Bowe

liquidswords
03-07-2007, 11:41 AM
I don't think CLE will pass up on Peterson.

Im_a_Romosexual
03-07-2007, 12:56 PM
the cowboys wont pass on Nelson for Mcaulley

Bohleive
03-07-2007, 01:14 PM
C'mon people, it's not that hard:
criticisms as well so long as you provide logical reasoning.
Nobody's going to buy into the things you say unless you give some kind of logical reasoning.

Jimmy
03-07-2007, 01:38 PM
Boo on the Rouse pick, and on the victor pick. I think early 20's is too early for vic. Then again, you gave us a team need, and he was prolly the top De left on your list at that point, so C+ for effort

hugegmenfan
03-07-2007, 02:09 PM
giants must address LB in one of the 1st 2 rounds- im ok with the levi brown pick but if OT is our pick in round we gotta go LB round 2
stewart bradley 2nd round

princefielder28
03-07-2007, 02:14 PM
Good job with Lynch in round 1 but I absolutely hate the Gonzalez pick b/c I feel he is one the most overrated players in the draft

BehrenMan007
03-07-2007, 02:21 PM
horrible fins draft. revis is a huge reach and there is no need for a TE. and we have ne's 2nd rounder

Bohleive
03-07-2007, 02:26 PM
horrible fins draft. revis is a huge reach and there is no need for a TE. and we have ne's 2nd rounder

Last I heard McMichael was getting the axe and surely Cameron will want a good pass-catching tightend. Also, you have NE's 2nd, or 3rd?

Caddy
03-07-2007, 02:31 PM
Give the Buccaneers Mebane instead of Hughes and you have yourself a better Bucs draft

the_legend_killer
03-07-2007, 02:35 PM
I don't think Leon Hall would go to Minnesota. Cedric Griffin was drafted last year and is a Cover 2 kinda corner they need to pair with Winfield. Moses in Rd. 2 is pretty alright.

Bohleive
03-07-2007, 02:37 PM
Give the Buccaneers Mebane instead of Hughes and you have yourself a better Bucs draft

I was contemplating that very question and came to the conclusion that Mebane will be there when you pick in the 3rd, theres no reason to take him in the second.

Bohleive
03-07-2007, 02:38 PM
Apologies to vikes fans, Griffin slipped my mind and I was having trouble coming up with a good pick. Griffin notwithstanding, who would you rather have? The options are limited for you guys and Hall might be the best value. Anyone else would be an even bigger reach; Bowe, Johnson, who?

Tubby
03-07-2007, 02:51 PM
Best hawks pick in that situation

go_ravens94
03-07-2007, 03:10 PM
If Jarvis Moss is still on the board, the Ravens will take him. He is an immediate starter at OLB/DE unlike Harris. Good 2nd round pick though.

Good mock overall.

RaVeNFaNaCtIc
03-07-2007, 03:16 PM
awww... dude your a raven fan and thats the mock you have:eek: i expected better from you. David Harris ??? when Jarvis Moss is still up on the board.??? You also gave us Micheal Bush when Tony Hunt ( a much better RB) was still on the board and Daymeion Hughes was too.

Bohleive
03-07-2007, 08:40 PM
awww... dude your a raven fan and thats the mock you have:eek: i expected better from you. David Harris ??? when Jarvis Moss is still up on the board.??? You also gave us Micheal Bush when Tony Hunt ( a much better RB) was still on the board and Daymeion Hughes was too.
Seriously? Are you a fan? We just resigned JJ to a six year deal and already have Cody. Harris is Ray's replacement there. Also, I like Bush's potential better than Hunt, got a problem with that? It's a matter of opinion. Daymeion Hughes?? In our defense, playing man on an island 75% of the time with his 4.65 speed???

21ST
03-07-2007, 10:10 PM
Perfect skins pick in that situation

BUSTKUNTLAWL
03-07-2007, 10:10 PM
Bears would leap frog SD if he was still available.

Can you imagine Hester + Ginn returning kicks? lol.

smittyjs
03-07-2007, 10:56 PM
If we pick up a good WR in Free Agency then i could live with both of those picks.

WooWoo21
03-07-2007, 11:11 PM
Dont like what you did with the Bills draft, if we take Timmons that high we wil be crucified.

Crazy_Chris
03-08-2007, 02:07 AM
Apologies to vikes fans, Griffin slipped my mind and I was having trouble coming up with a good pick. Griffin notwithstanding, who would you rather have? The options are limited for you guys and Hall might be the best value. Anyone else would be an even bigger reach; Bowe, Johnson, who?

Laron Landry. Or Amobi Okoye would be exceptional picks at #7 in your mock... But with our offense we cannot offord to go Defense in both rd 1 and 2 so give us ben Grubbs or Anthony Gonzalez i would say Greg olsen but since Childress signed shiancoe to starter money im not sure we target a TE first day

Green Bay Scat
03-08-2007, 04:01 AM
i agree with Prince, and i think TE is a bigger need with the fall out of franks and little depth so we ether go Zach Miller or S with Rouse

RaVeNFaNaCtIc
03-08-2007, 06:28 AM
Seriously? Are you a fan? We just resigned JJ to a six year deal and already have Cody. Harris is Ray's replacement there. Also, I like Bush's potential better than Hunt, got a problem with that? It's a matter of opinion. Daymeion Hughes?? In our defense, playing man on an island 75% of the time with his 4.65 speed???

whoa dude clam down, you asked for an opinion and i gave you mine. I didn't insult you or anything. Anyway, Dan Cody is injury prone and JJ hasn't proven he can handle the starting job. IMO he is a situational player at the best. Jarvis Moss could start right away and could even split time with him. Also, Micheal Bush has been in a serious in injury that could have an effect on his whole career. he is nothing more than a poor mans Jamal Lewis. You have a point on Hughes thou. but I would take him over Micheal Bush anyday.

Bohleive
03-08-2007, 09:03 AM
whoa dude clam down, you asked for an opinion and i gave you mine. I didn't insult you or anything. Anyway, Dan Cody is injury prone and JJ hasn't proven he can handle the starting job. IMO he is a situational player at the best. Jarvis Moss could start right away and could even split time with him. Also, Micheal Bush has been in a serious in injury that could have an effect on his whole career. he is nothing more than a poor mans Jamal Lewis. You have a point on Hughes thou. but I would take him over Micheal Bush anyday.
I was pretty calm when I wrote that, a little incredulous at your suggestions, but not angry. The ??? was a reaction to your ???. Anyhow, you don't sign JJ to a susbstantial 6 year deal, with a 3rd year second rd pick at his same position, and then go and draft a guy for that spot in the 1st. That's regardless of my having more faith in both JJ and Cody than you. JJ a situational player? He has started games at OLB and proven he can do it, when has Moss done that? I'd say Moss is more likely the situational player at this point in speculation. And how would Moss be able to start right away? Is he better than AD or Suggs, because it took both those guys at least one season before they became starters. As for Bush, the guy has the potential to have been a first rd pick, he is a steal at the end of rd 2. Explain to me how a cleanly broken leg is career threatening. It's not like his femur shattered. His injury is nowhere near as bad as an ACL tear even. You'd really still take Hughes, a cover 2 corner, to play straight up man in our D over Bush? If you like Hunt better then fine, it's a matter of opinion, but don't act like it's absurd for me to prefer Bush.