PDA

View Full Version : Possible Relocation. Opinions about any of these places???

MicktheGreat
04-14-2009, 02:15 AM
So...in the next 12 months, there's a good chance that I'll be moving to a new town.

Here are the possible locations:
--Fayetteville, AR
--Gainesville, FL
--Carbondale, IL
--Urbana, IL
--Bloomington, IN
--West Lafayette, IN
--Columbus, OH
--Ann Arbor, MI
--Greensboro, NC
--Austin, TX
--Blacksburg, VA
--Charlottesville, VA
--Laramie, WY

Anybody ever been to any of these places???
Good/bad opinions about any of these places???

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated...

Brent
04-14-2009, 02:26 AM
Austin, TX
If you like live music, a variety of bars, great restaurants and lots of hipsters, this is for you.

stephenson86
04-14-2009, 07:27 AM
manchester england lol

FlyingElvis
04-14-2009, 08:07 AM
VA recently instituted some insane motor vehicle laws - specifically speeding violation penalties. If you have a lead foot or enjoy driving avoid that state. $1200+ dollar speeding tickets.

IL, OH, MI - do you like the cold weather? I would avoid MI at all costs. It tops the list of economically famished states - to put it nicely.

A friend in Columbus loves it. A friend in G'boro loves it. Same for Austin, which is described well by Brent.

Wyoming seems so random . . .

MicktheGreat
04-14-2009, 11:18 AM
VA recently instituted some insane motor vehicle laws - specifically speeding violation penalties. If you have a lead foot or enjoy driving avoid that state. $1200+ dollar speeding tickets.

IL, OH, MI - do you like the cold weather? I would avoid MI at all costs. It tops the list of economically famished states - to put it nicely.

A friend in Columbus loves it. A friend in G'boro loves it. Same for Austin, which is described well by Brent.

Wyoming seems so random . . .

Thanks for all the opinions so far...keep 'em coming!

I'm a pretty reasonable driver so the VA speeding laws don't really scare me. I think I've only been pulled over once for speeding and that was like 5-6 years ago.

I've heard that Michigan is a pretty bad state. But I've also heard that Ann Arbor is a pretty cool city (by Michigan standards). I've been to Michigan once before -- went to a north-western town called Traverse City...it was pretty awesome.

Wyoming's on the list because it's near the mountains.

CashmoneyDrew
04-14-2009, 11:59 AM
Been to Gainseville once. Not much to do there unless you're in college or a huge Gators fan probably.

stephenson86
04-14-2009, 02:48 PM
so no move to england then :(

Kase1
04-14-2009, 03:24 PM
UGH, Wyoming?!?!?!?!?! You're kidding me!!!!!

Id NEVER...... EVER move there, then again im a city person who's lived in NYC or very Metropolitan NY my whole life.... adn a quick stint in Southside Pittsburgh

TitansFTW
05-13-2009, 01:51 AM
I live in Texas, but I do not recommend Austin, It is the capitol of the state. So traffic is horrid. Unless you like leaving for work 2 hrs early. Austin is a busy city. I know it's not on the list, but San Antonio, is better ~_^