PDA

View Full Version : Roller Hockey

holt_bruce81
04-15-2009, 01:15 AM
Anyone play Roller Hockey?

Me and some friends are thinking about getting a team together and joining a league. None of us have played organized hockey before, just years of playing street hockey. We are all pretty good on the skates but none of us are great. I'm just afraid we're join a league and look like fools lol.

Anyone play?

Highagain
04-15-2009, 01:31 AM
I have played competitive ice hockey, pick-up street hockey, and recreational ball hockey. Only played a few times on rollberblades although I'm a decent enough blader.

Biggest thing I noticed about playing on rollerblades was it's a bit unnerving to be skating full blast and then have somebody poke check you because you can easily fly head first into the cement. I guess it just takes time to get confidence on the rollerblades when things get scrappy.

bearfan
04-15-2009, 08:39 AM
I used to play, way back in elementary. If you guys are decent enough, and have fun doing it then why not?

TheBuffaloBills
04-15-2009, 09:06 AM
Hey Holt, I am finally decided to join a roller hockey league in the summer. I am not the best skater nor player, but I enjoy playing. I'm sure if you join, many people will be on the same boat as you. There are going to be some teams that seem insanely good, but if you enjoy playing it, than why not join.

Do you have full equipment? I'm talking helmet with a cage, girdle, shin pads, elbow pads? Some leagues if they're not check, do not require shoulder pads. This is a great website where I got all my equipment for an amazing low price: http://hockeygiant.com/

Go to their clearance secton; they have so much great equipment for nothing.

cdub11
04-15-2009, 09:20 AM
I used to play, way back in elementary

same here......

bearfan
04-15-2009, 09:26 AM
same here......

Well he did ask.

fischbowl
04-15-2009, 12:19 PM
Hey Holt, I am finally decided to join a roller hockey league in the summer. I am not the best skater nor player, but I enjoy playing. I'm sure if you join, many people will be on the same boat as you. There are going to be some teams that seem insanely good, but if you enjoy playing it, than why not join.

Do you have full equipment? I'm talking helmet with a cage, girdle, shin pads, elbow pads? Some leagues if they're not check, do not require shoulder pads. This is a great website where I got all my equipment for an amazing low price: http://hockeygiant.com/

Go to their clearance secton; they have so much great equipment for nothing.

Just go to Sports Replay on NFB. I played for a few years