PDA

View Full Version : Why so much hype for Cutler?

3pac
04-15-2009, 06:57 AM
What has he done that Derek Anderson didn't do prior to last season? Anderson almost led the Browns to the playoffs (like Cutler), had a Pro Bowl season (like Cutler), and was the beneficiary of a high-powered and explosive offense (like Cutler). They're even similar in age... and look how DA turned out.

So why does Cutler, a 17-20 record starter with only one Pro Bowl season warrant so much hype? I really don't understand it. Not to mention that the Bears team he's going to isn't nearly the offensive force that Denver's was.

This just seems so silly to me, and I feel like I'm the only one who notices the glaring overhype.

bearsfan_51
04-15-2009, 07:21 AM
You are. You're the only one who gets it. Congrats.

3pac
04-15-2009, 07:26 AM
You are. You're the only one who gets it. Congrats.

Since you obviously disagree, reasons as to why this is the case are welcome.

SimonRath
04-15-2009, 07:47 AM
What has he done that Derek Anderson didn't do prior to last season? Anderson almost led the Browns to the playoffs (like Cutler), had a Pro Bowl season (like Cutler), and was the beneficiary of a high-powered and explosive offense (like Cutler). They're even similar in age... and look how DA turned out.

So why does Cutler, a 17-20 record starter with only one Pro Bowl season warrant so much hype? I really don't understand it. Not to mention that the Bears team he's going to isn't nearly the offensive force that Denver's was.

This just seems so silly to me, and I feel like I'm the only one who notices the glaring overhype.

Cutler basically carried a Broncos team that had no D an lost coutless RB's. An almost led them to the playoffs. thats pretty good

OzTitan
04-15-2009, 07:53 AM
DA was getting hyped pretty well too there for a bit, so the two cases aren't so different, but you obviously can't say because DA took a step back so will Cutler.

It's fairly natural, particularly for fantasy football favorites like DA and Cutler were/are. After all, you can't disappoint like DA did if you weren't hyped up a little bit, and a young QB who appears to be the next great thing will always get hyped.

3pac
04-15-2009, 07:56 AM
Cutler basically carried a Broncos team that had no D an lost coutless RB's. An almost led them to the playoffs. thats pretty good

I'd say leading the Browns to 10-6 in a tough AFC North division is far more impressive than leading the Broncos to 8-8 in a horrible, HORRIBLE AFC West division that was actually claimed by an 8-8 squad... (albiet one that beat my team in the playoffs.....sigh).

Also, it's hard to say he "carried" anything considering they had one of the worst late season collapses in recent memory.

3pac
04-15-2009, 07:58 AM
DA was getting hyped pretty well too there for a bit, so the two cases aren't so different, but you obviously can't say because DA took a step back so will Cutler.

It's fairly natural, particularly for fantasy football favorites like DA and Cutler were/are. After all, you can't disappoint like DA did if you weren't hyped up a little bit, and a young QB who appears to be the next great thing will always get hyped.

I suppose that's true, had DA been traded there probably would have been hype there as well. But I fail to see how adding Cutler to the bears makes them the great force to be reckoned with that some are hinting at. I'm not saying he's not probably an improvement, but man, his impact is being blown out of proportion.

I guess you're right, in this day of fantasy football, the idea of a QB that can throw for 4,500 yards or whatever it was is more important than most other factors.

SimonRath
04-15-2009, 08:01 AM
I'd say leading the Browns to 10-6 in a tough AFC North division is far more impressive than leading the Broncos to 8-8 in a horrible, HORRIBLE AFC West division that was actually claimed by an 8-8 squad... (albiet one that beat my team in the playoffs.....sigh).

Also, it's hard to say he "carried" anything considering they had one of the worst late season collapses in recent memory.

At least the Browns had Jamal Lewis an a decent D.
An Cutler got tired, thats what happens when your forced to throow the balls alot during a game. An what do you think the Broncos would be if Anderson started instead of Cutler?

3pac
04-15-2009, 08:05 AM
At least the Browns had Jamal Lewis an a decent D.
An Cutler got tired, thats what happens when your forced to throow the balls alot during a game. An what do you think the Broncos would be if Anderson started instead of Cutler?

They'd probably be about the same as far as I'm concerned. I think the Broncos success is tied in more to the system than Cutler. Heck, you talk about their "lack of a run game" but they were 12th or so in the league in rushing if memory serves.

They're both young QBs with good strong arms that had/have shown promise at the end of a fantasy-football-friendly season. If Cutler wasn't drafted in the 1st round a few years back, I doubt this would be as big news. It seems to add to the glamor.

EDIT: Also, Denver had the 3rd best YPA rushing in the NFL last year. So they were FAR from bad.

SimonRath
04-15-2009, 08:07 AM
They'd probably be about the same as far as I'm concerned. I think the Broncos success is tied in more to the system than Cutler. Heck, you talk about their "lack of a run game" but they were 12th or so in the league in rushing if memory serves.

They're both young QBs with good strong arms that had/have shown promise at the end of a fantasy-football-friendly season. If Cutler wasn't drafted in the 1st round a few years back, I doubt this would be as big news. It seems to add to the glamor.

i dont think they will be at same at all. Anderson couldnt even lead a team with the weapons like Lewis, Edwards, Winslow, Stalworth

3pac
04-15-2009, 08:11 AM
i dont think they will be at same at all. Anderson couldnt even lead a team with the weapons like Lewis, Edwards, Winslow, Stalworth

Why do you say he couldn't lead them? He got them to 10-6 in a tough division. If that's not leading a team, how is going 8-8 in a crappy division?

Besides, Denver's rushing game was about the same as Cleveland's, and Marshall/Royal was about the same as Edwards/Winslow. They're very comparable.

SimonRath
04-15-2009, 08:14 AM
Why do you say he couldn't lead them? He got them to 10-6 in a tough division. If that's not leading a team, how is going 8-8 in a crappy division?

Besides, Denver's rushing game was about the same as Cleveland's, and Marshall/Royal was about the same as Edwards/Winslow. They're very comparable.

if they are comparable then how come Anderson couldnt lead the Browns?

bearsfan_51
04-15-2009, 08:16 AM
What has he done that Derek Anderson didn't do prior to last season?
It's not just a matter of what he has done. It's also a matter of what he can do. Anyone that is objective, and has watched both players, would say that Cutler is a vastly superior talent. It's not even the same ballpark. Anderson was drafted in the 6th round for a reason. Cutler gets more attention for a reason. Anderson couldn't draw a 2nd rounder to save his life. It's not some massive conspiracy that everyone doesn't see but you. It's just a matter of value and talent.

Anderson almost led the Browns to the playoffs (like Cutler), had a Pro Bowl season (like Cutler), and was the beneficiary of a high-powered and explosive offense (like Cutler). They're even similar in age... and look how DA turned out.
This is such terrible logic, which is why I was flippant with you in the first place.

Here, let me try:

When O.J. Simpson was 38 years old, he married his second wife, a waitress from a Beverly Hills nightclub.

When John Elway was 38 years old, he married his second wife, a former Oakland Raiders cherleader.

AND LOOK AT HOW O.J. SIMPSON TURNED OUT!!! ZOMG!! JOHN ELWAY IS GOING TO MURDER HIS WIFE!! HOW AM I THE ONLY ONE THAT SEES THIS!?!?!

If I seem tired, I am. It's a waste of everyone's time to deal with these dumbass arguments. Just because you don't get it doesn't mean it requires a separate thread for you to sort out your incoherent thoughts.

3pac
04-15-2009, 08:16 AM
if they are comparable then how come Anderson couldnt lead the Browns?

Lead the Browns to what? You keep talking about leading, but I don't know what you're referring to. The playoffs? IDK, the same reason Cutler didn't I guess....

3pac
04-15-2009, 08:21 AM
It's not just a matter of what he has done. It's also a matter of what he can do. Anyone that is objective, and has watched both players, would say that Cutler is a vastly superior talent. It's not even the same ballpark. Anderson was drafted in the 6th round for a reason.

First of all, Tom Brady was drafted in the 6th round. What round someone was drafted in makes no difference to how well they do in the league, only how many credentials they had going in.

Second, how is it not the same ballpark? Both made the Pro-Bowl, both led high octane offenses. I'll admit that Cutler has a higher ceiling, but not to the point where he should be hailed as some kind of future Peyton or Tom based soley on throwing 4500 yards.

This is such terrible logic, which is why I was flippant with you in the first place.

Here, let me try:

When O.J. Simpson was 38 years old, he married his second wife, a waitress from a Beverly Hills nightclub.

When John Elway was 38 years old, he married his second wife, a former Oakland Raiders cherleader.

AND LOOK AT HOW O.J. SIMPSON TURNED OUT!!! ZOMG!! JOHN ELWAY IS GOING TO MURDER HIS WIFE!! HOW AM I THE ONLY ONE THAT SEES THIS!?!?!

If I seem tired, I am. It's a waste of everyone's time to deal with these dumbass arguments. Just because you don't get it doesn't mean it requires a separate thread for you to sort out your incoherent thoughts.

Again, I never said he would bust. You're making inferences based on the fact that you don't appreciate someone questioning what your team did. The point is that instead of acting like he's a holy grail that the city of Chicago has finally found for the first time since McMahon, people should look at it objectively and realize that there's a DECENT POSSIBILITY he will not pan out.

Saying there is a possibility is not saying it will happen. The only one jumping to conclusions here is you.

SimonRath
04-15-2009, 08:21 AM
Lead the Browns to what? You keep talking about leading, but I don't know what you're referring to. The playoffs? IDK, the same reason Cutler didn't I guess....

lead them to wins? lead them to at least a decent record? lead them to almost making the playoffs? keep them in contention all year long

bearsfan_51
04-15-2009, 08:25 AM
I'll admit that Cutler has a higher ceiling, but not to the point where he should be hailed as some kind of future Peyton or Tom based soley on throwing 4500 yards.
That's interesting. Since you seem so convinced that Cutler has been overhyped, some examples of such talk may be helpful.

Again, I never said he would bust. You're making inferences based on the fact that you don't appreciate someone questioning what your team did.
No, I'm making inferences because your argument is awful. It has no logic behind it. What the **** does Derek Anderson have to do with Jay Cutler? You could draw connections between almost anything and anyone (for example, John Elway and O.J. Simpson

Saying there is a possibility is not saying it will happen. The only one jumping to conclusions here is you.
What conclusions have I jumped to? Other than your argument is a complete logical fallacy.

An argument could easily be made that Jay Cutler has become overrated (especially on here). You've just completely failed to do it.

3pac
04-15-2009, 08:26 AM
lead them to wins? lead them to at least a decent record? lead them to almost making the playoffs? keep them in contention all year long

You're confusing my point. I'm talking about 2007 DA, not 2008. The whole point of this post is the similarities between the 07 offseason, and how much hype DA was getting after his first Pro Bowl season, and the 08 offseason, and how much hype Cutler is getting after his first Pro Bowl season.

The fact that he did so bad this year is why I'm saying people shouldn't just blindly buy into Cutler in Chicago, because for all we know it's very possible (not necessarily likely, but definitely possible) that he too will regress the next year, like DA.

SimonRath
04-15-2009, 08:29 AM
You're confusing my point. I'm talking about 2007 DA, not 2008. The whole point of this post is the similarities between the 07 offseason, and how much hype DA was getting after his first Pro Bowl season, and the 08 offseason, and how much hype Cutler is getting after his first Pro Bowl season.

The fact that he did so bad this year is why I'm saying people shouldn't just blindly buy into Cutler in Chicago, because for all we know it's very possible (not necessarily likely, but definitely possible) that he too will regress the next year, like DA.

when did you state you were talkin about the 07 season?

3pac
04-15-2009, 08:31 AM
That's interesting. Since you seem so convinced that Cutler has been overhyped, some examples of such talk may be helpful.

Go back into this very forum, let alone all the Bears forums (which I frequent since they're my 2nd favorite NFC team). It's filled with talk about how he's going to lead them to a Superbowl.

No, I'm making inferences because your argument is awful. It has no logic behind it. What the **** does Derek Anderson have to do with Jay Cutler? You could draw connections between almost anything and anyone (for example, John Elway and O.J. Simpson

Because unlike comparing Elway and Simpson, Cutler and DA are actually very similar, as I've said over and over in this topic. Don't start flipping out and getting angry the point you feel the need to cuss just because you refuse to see the connections. Both had a good season, both carried lofty expectations into the next year. Seeing DA bust is a perfect example of why it's better to be cautious when attempting to anoint Cutler as one of the next great franchise QBs.

What conclusions have I jumped to? Other than your argument is a complete logical fallacy. An argument could easily be made that Jay Cutler has become overrated (especially on here). You've just completely failed to do it.

You jumped the conclusion I was saying Cutler would bust, which, if you would actually read anything I've said in this topic, is not the case. Stop being so defensive, take a chill pill, and actually read what is in front of you.

3pac
04-15-2009, 08:32 AM
when did you state you were talkin about the 07 season?

Literally the first sentence of my topic.

SimonRath
04-15-2009, 08:33 AM
Literally the first sentence of my topic.

oh damn haha
so didnt see the "prio to last season" part

3pac
04-15-2009, 08:35 AM
oh damn haha
so didnt see the "prio to last season" part

It's all good. Most arguments come from a misunderstanding afterall.

HawkEye30
04-15-2009, 08:39 AM
because cutler is a franchise qurterback and anderson was fluke\one year wonder, yea you can point to cutlers record and say it isnt good but he had one of the worst defenses in the league, and the defenses best player(champ bailey) didn't even play the whole year, theres really one stat that can clear this whole thing up and its that cutler is something like 16-1 when the defense didn't give up more than 20 points, jeez haha you cant do it all by yourself

P.S- haha sorry didnt see the 07 season either my bad

Raider_fan_Canada
Well first of all that a QB has such a great season like DA had in 2007 and totaly collapses the year after is the exception, not the rule. The reasonning you are making has no logic to it at all. Billy is a boy and has red hair, Bobby is a boy too so does he have red hair too???

Then Jay Cutler has more then one big year behind him. His abilities where recognized comming out of Vanderbilt and he was a 1st round pick. He struggled a little bit as a rookie but still produced a lot of plays, so-so his 2nd year but again made a lot of good plays and then boom 3rd year he is carrying that whole team under his shoulders.

There is no doubt in my mind that Jay Cutler is the most physicaly gifted QB in the NFL today. Not the best or most talented, but as far as overall athletism, arm strength, the type of passes he completes that most others only dream of, maybe Jamarcus Russell could match him soon but as of now he is alone in his class.

SimonRath
It's all good. Most arguments come from a misunderstanding afterall.

damn i was in the mood to argue too :(

3pac
04-15-2009, 08:41 AM
because cutler is a franchise qurterback and anderson was fluke\one year wonder, yea you can point to cutlers record and say it isnt good but he had one of the worst defenses in the league, and the defenses best player(champ bailey) didn't even play the whole year, theres really one stat that can clear this whole thing up and its that cutler is something like 16-1 when the defense didn't give up more than 20 points, jeez haha you cant do it all by yourself

This is exactly what I'm talking about. What evidence is there that Cutler is a franchise quarterback? What evidence was there in the 07 offseason after DA was a probowler that he was a fluke? You're saying this only in today's perspective. We don't know what will happen.

Just because someone was drafted in the first round and has, at this point in time, 1 year of true success doesn't make him a franchise QB. He has to earn that title through more than one 8-8 Pro Bowl season.

3pac
04-15-2009, 08:44 AM
Well first of all that a QB has such a great season like DA had in 2007 and totaly collapses the year after is the exception, not the rule. The reasonning you are making has no logic to it at all. Billy is a boy and has red hair, Bobby is a boy too so does he have red hair too???

Then Jay Cutler has more then one big year behind him. His abilities where recognized comming out of Vanderbilt and he was a 1st round pick. He struggled a little bit as a rookie but still produced a lot of plays, so-so his 2nd year but again made a lot of good plays and then boom 3rd year he is carrying that whole team under his shoulders.

There is no doubt in my mind that Jay Cutler is the most physicaly gifted QB in the NFL today. Not the best or most talented, but as far as overall athletism, arm strength, the type of passes he completes that most others only dream of, maybe Jamarcus Russell could match him soon but as of now he is alone in his class.

Again, you're making the same mistake bearsfan did. I'm not saying he WILL bust, I'm saying we need to keep in mind he COULD. People anoint him, like the poster before you, as a franchise QB when in reality there is NO EVIDENCE YET that is the case.

And as for the 1st round pick thing, again...I think this fact just sways people's perceptions of a player. It's like arguing Peyton Manning is better than Tom Brady simply because he was drafted in a higher round. What does the draft matter?

Gay Ork Wang
04-15-2009, 08:52 AM
what are the similarities in the playing style of Jay Cutler and DA? that would be far more interesting than the situation they are in.

Bearsfan is not argueing Jay Cutler is the better player because he was drafted higher. he is saying he has the superior talent. Would u disagree with that?

seriously though, if u just want to make a thread about how he could bust, u could make that about every single player.

3pac
04-15-2009, 08:54 AM
what are the similarities in the playing style of Jay Cutler and DA? that would be far more interesting than the situation they are in.

Bearsfan is not argueing Jay Cutler is the better player because he was drafted higher. he is saying he has the superior talent. Would u disagree with that?

Both are gunslingers with a high risk/reward gamestyle that can warrant lots of TDs but also lots of INTs.

And yes, I'd say he has a higher ceiling at least. His potential is higher than DA's, but I find it silly to use the draft as an example of that. After all, no one's going to argue Joey Harrington has/had more superior talent than Tony Romo or Tom Brady.

EDIT: I was too fast, didn't see what you added just now. And yeah, in a way you could, but I made it because of the outrageous hype behind Cutler. People are calling him a franchise QB based on practically nothing.

Gay Ork Wang
04-15-2009, 08:56 AM
Derek Andersons arm is nothing like Jay Cutlers arm
Jay Cutler is a lot more mobile
The browns were more a run heavy team afair with jamal lewis keeping the defenses honest. their defense wasnt that bad either. The denver broncos were just horrible, the offense was all Cutler, no running game really and the defense was the 2nd worst in the league.

Like someone said, Cutler is 17-1 when the defense held the opponents to 21 or less points.

3pac
04-15-2009, 09:01 AM
The browns were more a run heavy team afair with jamal lewis keeping the defenses honest. their defense wasnt that bad either. The denver broncos were just horrible, the offense was all Cutler, no running game really and the defense was the 2nd worst in the league.

Like someone said, Cutler is 17-1 when the defense held the opponents to 21 or less points.

They had the 12th most rushing yards in the league and had the 3rd highest yards per rush attempt. I'd hardly say they had no running game.

I also don't see why you'd say they don't have similar arms, although I agree Cutler is more mobile. The 17-1 or whatever is impressive, but what would you expect when leading an offense that scores as many points as Denver did? It's a good stat, but it's a bit misleading. I mean theoretically, an offensive-based team should almost ALWAYS win if their D is doing a decent enough job to keep them under 3 TDs.

bearsfan_51
04-15-2009, 09:18 AM
Go back into this very forum, let alone all the Bears forums (which I frequent since they're my 2nd favorite NFC team). It's filled with talk about how he's going to lead them to a Superbowl.
No, you find it. So far you've said that he's been compared to Manning and Tom Brady, and that he would lead them to a Superbowl. Find those quotes. They must be all over the place since this is such a problem.

Because unlike comparing Elway and Simpson, Cutler and DA are actually very similar, as I've said over and over in this topic.
What part of, "your argument is a logical fallacy" don't you understand? Your connections are specious and lame. Just because you, someone who has to this point yet to establish any credibility, says so, doesn't make it true. It just makes it a dumb argument you won't let go.

Don't start flipping out and getting angry the point you feel the need to cuss just because you refuse to see the connections. Both had a good season, both carried lofty expectations into the next year. Seeing DA bust is a perfect example of why it's better to be cautious when attempting to anoint Cutler as one of the next great franchise QBs.
http://dancleary.typepad.com/.a/6a00e5540ff48a88340112790efe3028a4-800wi

You jumped the conclusion I was saying Cutler would bust, which, if you would actually read anything I've said in this topic, is not the case. Stop being so defensive, take a chill pill, and actually read what is in front of you.
Really? Where did I say that? Do you have a reading disability?

I'm moving on. You're a dope. I see that others have come to the same conclusion.

3pac
04-15-2009, 09:23 AM
What part of, "your argument is a logical fallacy" don't you understand? Your
I'm moving on. You're a dope. I see that others have come to the same conclusion.

Fine by moi. I'd rather debate with people with maturity who put thought and reasoning instead of just having footballPMS. I take no enjoyment in bickering with an elitist with an attitude, so by all means, "move on."

hockey619
04-15-2009, 09:41 AM
Fine by moi. I'd rather debate with people with maturity who put thought and reasoning instead of just having footballPMS. I take no enjoyment in bickering with an elitist with an attitude, so by all means, "move on."

I agree with you. Hes had one good year, and he is being annointed a great QB who is going to bring an enormous upgrade to the Bears O, which i think is true really. He carried the Broncos O in a lot of games, and I think he can do the same for the bears.

But the fact of the matter is that both his situation this offseason and DA's last offseason have some striking similarities. DA had one good year too, big arm with too many picks and almost led his team to the playoffs, all like Cutler. Does it mean he'll fall apart too? No of course not, hell ive already said i think he'll help carry that O and make the team better. But thats just my opinion. I thought DA was a one year wonder and that BQ was gunna take his job, but I think Cutler is a better player with better tools and wont struggle.

I guess your point really is: Both Cutler and DA have been in similar situation in the past offseasons, why is it that Cutler is getting so much more credit than DA did?

3pac
04-15-2009, 09:42 AM
I agree with you. Hes had one good year, and he is being annointed a great QB who is going to bring an enormous upgrade to the Bears O, which i think is true really. He carried the Broncos O in a lot of games, and I think he can do the same for the bears.

But the fact of the matter is that both his situation this offseason and DA's last offseason have some striking similarities. DA had one good year too, big arm with too many picks and almost led his team to the playoffs, all like Cutler. Does it mean he'll fall apart too? No of course not, hell ive already said i think he'll help carry that O and make the team better. But thats just my opinion. I thought DA was a one year wonder and that BQ was gunna take his job, but I think Cutler is a better player with better tools and wont struggle.

I guess your point really is: Both Cutler and DA have been in similar situation in the past offseasons, why is it that Cutler is getting so much more credit than DA did?

THANK you, finally someone understands what I'm trying to say. You hit the nail on the head, maybe it'll illustrate the point better to others than I was able to.

bored of education
04-15-2009, 09:55 AM
Cutler is the one who really baptized Jesus and on the 8th day he invented laser rocket armz

Gay Ork Wang
04-15-2009, 09:56 AM
i dont see how people say he only has 1 good year. he had 3 good years so far and proved every year he is a good QB in this league

3pac
04-15-2009, 10:02 AM
i dont see how people say he only has 1 good year. he had 3 good years so far and proved every year he is a good QB in this league

He only played 5 games his first year, so it's kind of hard to count that. And his 2nd year was by no means bad, but it wasn't spectacular: 20 TDs 14 INTs.

This most recent year is his only Pro Bowl year, and so that's really the only year we can go off on that he truly proved his worth. And even this past season he still through a lot of picks. If anything I'd say he showed promise in years 1 and 2, and then fulfilled a lot of potential with a Pro Bowl appearance in year 3. But that's different than saying he had "3 good years and proved he's a good QB."

bored of education
04-15-2009, 10:05 AM
He has shown progress which DA had none of. Cutler was going to be an elite Qb around year 5-6 in the league and he is well on his way.

regoob2
04-15-2009, 10:15 AM
Im so ******* sick of these stupid Cutler threads.

Flippityskip91
04-15-2009, 10:25 AM

I'm sorry, that made me lolz a little bit. The Browns D in '07 was solid for a few games, a pretty awful for most others. I haven't checked rankings, but I would venture a guess that statistically it wasn't much better than Denvers.

On the topic of ability, Jay Cutler is clearly the superior athlete of the two. DA however, does have an electric arm. Quick release, exceptional velocity. Cutler's is better, but to say DA's is nothing like Cutler's is a misconception. Oh no, I think I just complemented DA...I'll brb. I have to go atone for my sins.

Highagain
04-15-2009, 10:47 AM
To me, I think the situation is overhyped because people are expecting the Bears to come in and have an elite offense right away. I'm just not sure I see it with the weapons they currently have. Remember that Cutler was a part of one of the best overall offenses in the league last season. He's not going to have nearly the weapons or protection that he got in Denver, which is why I don't think he'll repeat his success of last season.

There's a good chance Bears fans are going to flip out when they read this and start bashing me. I understand, everybody has a bias towards their team and there's nothing wrong with believing in what they're doing. I just think it's important to control expectations especially when you have a quarterback coming into a new team and system. Don't be surprised if there are some growing pains especially until the Bears sort out their receivers and offensive line.

All this talk about the Bears being the clearcut favorites to win the division is premature to me. The Vikings still have the best defense and the most talented team on paper. The Packers still have the best offense and a defense that is a mystery at this point in terms of how they'll likely perform. The Lions...well, nevermind about the Lions. ;) All in all, I think the division is pretty wide open right now but if I had to give a team the edge it would be the Vikings because they have proven the most on the field.

3pac
04-15-2009, 11:01 AM
To me, I think the situation is overhyped because people are expecting the Bears to come in and have an elite offense right away. I'm just not sure I see it with the weapons they currently have. Remember that Cutler was a part of one of the best overall offenses in the league last season. He's not going to have nearly the weapons or protection that he got in Denver, which is why I don't think he'll repeat his success of last season.

There's a good chance Bears fans are going to flip out when they read this and start bashing me. I understand, everybody has a bias towards their team and there's nothing wrong with believing in what they're doing. I just think it's important to control expectations especially when you have a quarterback coming into a new team and system. Don't be surprised if there are some growing pains especially until the Bears sort out their receivers and offensive line.

All this talk about the Bears being the clearcut favorites to win the division is premature to me. The Vikings still have the best defense and the most talented team on paper. The Packers still have the best offense and a defense that is a mystery at this point in terms of how they'll likely perform. The Lions...well, nevermind about the Lions. ;) All in all, I think the division is pretty wide open right now but if I had to give a team the edge it would be the Vikings because they have proven the most on the field.

Pretty much. He may develop into a star but it wouldn't surprise me at all if next year, at the very least, has some growing pains. Clearly the fans are pretty rabid and defensive about it, as evidenced by people like bearsfan_51. I guess people don't like hearing negative things about their team.

FlyingElvis
04-15-2009, 11:37 AM
He has shown progress which DA had none of. Cutler was going to be an elite Qb around year 5-6 in the league and he is well on his way.

Exactly. I'd +rep this but I can't yet b/c I was being a wise-arse and gave you -1 the other day. Took you to 41999 which I see lasted a long time. lol

Cutler has all the tools necessary to be a franchise QB. On top of that he has shown improvement each year, culminating with his great season last year in which he carried the team.

Citing the rushing stats for Denver is nonsense. Watch some of the games - you'll see the rushing attack was a classic "pass to set up the run" situation b/c the rushing attack was terrible on its own. Add to that the fact that 6 of their 16 games were against the division rivals who also had gawd-awful run Ds and you can see how Denver's rushing stats could be slightly skewed. Choosing to cite that divisions' overall weakness as evidence of one point w/o considering it as evidence of the opposite point is statistical cherry picking.

DA was a journeyman QB who couldn't put it all together, regardless of the tools he had. He had one good season without any of the continuous progression Cutler has shown.

With Chicago he will have a much better rushing attack (i.e. balanced attack) and a defense that can actually stop someone. His offensive weapons will be roughly the same (imo) b/c he will have a better run game but weaker WRs. If the Bears can land a solid WR prospect like Robiskie it would greatly improve Cutler's chances to blow up in the Windy City.

But there's a strong chance Cutler has a pedestrian year with the weapons at WR unless Bennett progresses and can be a decent 3rd option behind Olsen & Hester.

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
04-15-2009, 11:50 AM
BOE hit it on the head. Cutler has shown progression. DA was a flash in the pan. That's what's different. In all likelihood, Cutler won't magically regress because he's started for almost 2.5 seasons already, not like 4 games that DA had prior to 2007.

SenorGato
04-15-2009, 11:56 AM
He was the 11th overall pick in a loaded draft, has outperformed two uber-hyped prospects, and has put up numbers.

Not rocket science.

stephenson86
04-15-2009, 11:59 AM
its because he is jim sorjis understudy a long with JDB

Addict
04-15-2009, 01:42 PM
Again, you're making the same mistake bearsfan did. I'm not saying he WILL bust, I'm saying we need to keep in mind he COULD. People anoint him, like the poster before you, as a franchise QB when in reality there is NO EVIDENCE YET that is the case.

And as for the 1st round pick thing, again...I think this fact just sways people's perceptions of a player. It's like arguing Peyton Manning is better than Tom Brady simply because he was drafted in a higher round. What does the draft matter?

But, any player could bust at any time realistically. The fact is that Anderson crashing was unexpected and unusual. By the way, so was his sudden rise to Pro Bowl level, but that's besides the point.

Because player A has a good season and then deflates out of nowhere doesn't mean player B will. It doesn't even make it more likely. Cutler has exactly the same, small chance to bust as anderson had post-07. Anderson lost his mojo, Cutler doing the same thing isn't to be expected.

MidwayMonster31
04-15-2009, 02:01 PM
I think we can all agree that BOE has successfully disarmed this argument. Teams adjusted to Anderson, and there were other problems within the Browns, Jamal Lewis showed his age and couldn't break any runs, Braylon Edwards forgot how to catch, Joe Jurevicius got hurt and Kellen Winslow got a staph infection.
Plus, people who think Cutler is overrated are acting like he's 38, he's 26 and has improved every year. He does need to improve his efficiency, but he has shown the ability to improve. He should be better than any of the crap that we've had recently.

bored of education
04-15-2009, 02:03 PM
I think we can all agree that BOE has successfully disarmed this argument. Teams adjusted to Anderson, and there were other problems within the Browns. Jamal Lewis showed his age and couldn't break any runs, Braylon Edwards forgot how to catch, Joe Jurevicius got hurt and Kellen Winslow got a staph infection.
Plus, people who think Cutler is overrated are acting like he's 38, he's 26 and has improved every year. He does need to improve his efficiency, but he has shown the ability to improve. He should be better than any of the crap that we've had recently.

true, when I want to I can actually add substance to a convo :)

3pac
04-15-2009, 02:10 PM
You can't disarm an argument in which the outcome is unknown. The point is we'll see.

bored of education
04-15-2009, 02:10 PM
You can't disarm an argument in which the outcome is unknown. The point is we'll see.

The point is that DA is NOT a starter and would be starter for about 6-8 teams in the NFL. Cutler would be the starter of about 28.

Is that a reach?

04-15-2009, 02:11 PM
I think we can all agree that BOE has successfully disarmed this argument. Teams adjusted to Anderson, and there were other problems within the Browns. Jamal Lewis showed his age and couldn't break any runs, Braylon Edwards forgot how to catch, Joe Jurevicius got hurt and Kellen Winslow got a staph infection.

That's another thing too: He had game film on him. Look at VY's rookie year. He came in, was able to make plays despite his lack of passing ability, and was actually quite a good QB(not pro bowl worthy, however. not close). That's even without improving his passing. Becoming just an average passer would have made him Vick level, which isn't bad. A QBs job isn't necessarily to pass the ball, but to make plays to move his team down the field, and Vince did that. But, I digress.

Second year, those running lanes start disappearing. He was learning to dump off rather than take it in, which is why his comp% SKYROCKETED but his ypa only bumped up a yard. Any other guy has his comp% increase like 10+% would expect a huge increase in his ypa but it didn't happen because he dumped the ball off more. Didn't cut down on INTs, had a not so great season. Then this season he was sucking till he was pulled, because he did not adequately adjust over the years.

Now, let's look at Cutler. Quietly, he had quite the rookie year. 9 TD 5 INT, which is quite good. Comp% was IIRC 57 or 59, not bad at all for a rookie. Had he started in week 5 or so, and had that year extrapolated, he could have won ROY over VY. Second year, he struggled a bit. Teams had learned some of his tendencies and forced him to adjust. He did well enough, although not great. Had some excellent games, had some poor ones, had some mediocre ones. Then this past season, he came out playing really well(played like a top 3 QB for the first few games), but as the season went on and he had to carry more and more of the load, he struggled a bit. Still came out with a very good season, deserving of the Pro Bowl he got(Rivers should have taken Favre's spot, not Cutler's).

DA came out of nowhere, had an excellent season, teams adjusted, he didn't.

3pac
04-15-2009, 02:15 PM
The point is that DA is NOT a starter and would be starter for about 6-8 teams in the NFL. Cutler would be the starter of about 28.

Is that a reach?

Agreed, as it stands now.

04-15-2009, 02:16 PM

The Sun will not rise tomorrow. You can't disarm that.

3pac
04-15-2009, 02:28 PM
The Sun will not rise tomorrow. You can't disarm that.

That's exactly my point, you can't "finish" an argument when the subject in question hasn't happened yet.

iowatreat54
04-15-2009, 02:42 PM
See, the main difference to me, is that Anderson was coming off 1 year of 3500+ yards with 19:14 TD:INT ratio and 56% completion rate.

Whereas, Cutler had a very similar season in 07, with 3500 yards, 20:14 TD:INT ratio, and 63% completion rate. He had 1 more TD and better completion % with just 200 less yards. THEN he followed up in 08 by improving to 4500 yards, 25:18 TD:INT ratio and 62% completion rate. He improved his yards by alot and TDs, threw .25 more INTs per game, and his completion % basically stayed the same.

How can you say Cutler is coming off 1 good year, when he had an almost identical 2007 to Anderson, then followed it up with a better year? Sure, Cutler may regress a little this season, mainly because he has switched from an offense heavy Broncos team to the the Chicago Matt Fortes. However, you cannot say he has had 1 good year and is unproven, because he had the same year as Anderson in 07 and then followed it up in 08 with a better year. He is already more proven than Anderson was ever close to being.

iowatreat54
04-15-2009, 02:46 PM
On second thought, I wish I didn't waste so much time with my previous post. I could have just said this:

Because he's better than Anderson.

the decider13
04-15-2009, 05:26 PM
Because the talent level is crazy different. They aren't even comparable.

On a slightly different note, I think it's wrong to say that Cutler carried the team though, because that assumes that there was no talent on offense. He was protected well by a good offensive line, the running backs put up good numbers and he was throwing to a number of very talented receivers. And if he "carried" the team, maybe he would have thrown more TDs than INTs in the last few weeks.

I don't think that is the current topic, but is just something I noticed some people saying.

Mr. Hero
04-15-2009, 05:34 PM
If you really don't get it Anderson had 8 good games where he performed like a legit franchise QB, after that things fell apart as he got exposed as just a big arm. Cutler has been starting for over two eyars now and has shown that he can carry that team. If DA has a season like his first 8 games of 2007 and Cutler struggles this season then they'll be comparable, although so far that tape shows Jay way ahead.

E-Man
04-15-2009, 06:18 PM

What he said. Plus you have to take into account that Cutler didn't come from nowhere. He was always expected to do well in the NFL, and him showing that ability just confirms what people thought about him when he was drafted. You don't make the steady progress he's been making by accident. Derek Anderson was a guy that came out of nowhere and had a big year. Cutler went from sitting one year, to showing good improvement the next, to being a Pro Bowler. Before last season he was the guy to watch at the QB spot, and he delivered. You also have to take into account how utterly stupid it is to trade the guy.

Whether you think he's good or not is irrelevant to being in the front office. If you have had trouble finding a QB in the past you don't get rid of the guy who shows the improvement you've been looking for. If you were in the Broncos front office would you trade a guy your traded up to get that made the Pro Bowl in his third year? The utter nonsense of trading the guy is what really contributes to the hype.

Xenos
04-15-2009, 06:35 PM
They had the 12th most rushing yards in the league and had the 3rd highest yards per rush attempt. I'd hardly say they had no running game.

I also don't see why you'd say they don't have similar arms, although I agree Cutler is more mobile. The 17-1 or whatever is impressive, but what would you expect when leading an offense that scores as many points as Denver did? It's a good stat, but it's a bit misleading. I mean theoretically, an offensive-based team should almost ALWAYS win if their D is doing a decent enough job to keep them under 3 TDs.

But they didn't score that many points though. They were ranked 16th in scoring, but were number 2 in offense because of yards (which is absolutely useless without the points).

jth1331
04-15-2009, 08:05 PM
This thread is bordering on idiotic proportions due to 3pac's suggestion that Cutler isn't going to do well due to Anderson struggling.
Plus, only looking at the stats. Anyone with a brain that watched the Broncos play could tell their running game suffered drastically, especially with the injuries. And their yards per carry was high because they benefited from a lot of big gains that had relatively little significance in the game. For instance, the last game of the season,Tatum Bell had 8 carries for 87 yards. Chargers didn't give a rats behind about the Broncos running game, and Bell got a lot of big gains that resulted in nothing.
Against the Bills, the Eddie Royal had a 71 yard run on a reverse that skyrocketed the average and total yards.
Cutler had to work with an inefficient run game due to so many RB's getting hurt.
Plus, the defense was so god awful NO QB would have the team over .500. It was a miracle Cutler led the team to an 8-8 record to be honest.

Plus, this is Cutler's only 4th year in the league, and as it has been noted, he has progressed each year.
Derek Anderson's crappy completion % and poor interception totals have stayed the same.
Plus, while Cutler threw 18 interceptions last year, he also had the 2nd most pass attempts in the league and averaged an interception every 34 pass attempts.

CC.SD
04-15-2009, 08:44 PM

I'm so proud of the board that this thread is only 3 pages.

Flippityskip91
04-15-2009, 09:27 PM
See, the main difference to me, is that Anderson was coming off 1 year of 3500+ yards with 19:14 TD:INT ratio and 56% completion rate.

Um, I strongly dislike Anderson, but you're stats are wrong. He had 29 tds 19 ints. I'm no mathmagician, but I don't think that's the same as 19:14. But yes, Anderson is a phony who isn't anywhere near Cutler...I think that was your point anyways.

Xenos
04-16-2009, 02:46 AM
Will Cutler do as well with the Bears is actually the right question? Their defense isn't as good as it was in 2005-06, and they only have Forte on offense plus a very bad oline compared to the one Denver has.

Also, Cutler won't be Anderson. The biggest fear Bears fans should have is if they got another Jeff George on their hands. Jay has all the physical talent in the world but it doesn't matter if he doesn't have what it takes between the shoulders. This whole debacle probably wouldn't have happened if he had managed to beat either the Chiefs or the Raiders twice. But he couldn't even do that even when Peyton Hillis was still healthy.

Saints-Tigers
04-16-2009, 03:14 AM
"Carried" is stupid anyway, they stole at least 2 games on some of the most terrible officiating I'd ever seen.

jth1331
04-16-2009, 06:36 PM
Will Cutler do as well with the Bears is actually the right question? Their defense isn't as good as it was in 2005-06, and they only have Forte on offense plus a very bad oline compared to the one Denver has.

Also, Cutler won't be Anderson. The biggest fear Bears fans should have is if they got another Jeff George on their hands. Jay has all the physical talent in the world but it doesn't matter if he doesn't have what it takes between the shoulders. This whole debacle probably wouldn't have happened if he had managed to beat either the Chiefs or the Raiders twice. But he couldn't even do that even when Peyton Hillis was still healthy.

So you put the blame on Cutler for the defense not being able to stop 2 of the worst offenses in the NFL? Yeah, thats awesome of ya!
And thats more so against the Chiefs than the Raiders. The defense sucked balls against the Chiefs and two early fumbles from Royal and Marshall sealed the fate that day.

Still, putting the pressure on Cutler saying why didn't he win more is just ridiculous with how awful the Broncos D was last year and his entire tenure there really.

the decider13
04-16-2009, 07:05 PM
"Carried" is stupid anyway, they stole at least 2 games on some of the most terrible officiating I'd ever seen.

agreed, I will definately give you that one.

iowatreat54
04-17-2009, 06:22 PM
Um, I strongly dislike Anderson, but you're stats are wrong. He had 29 tds 19 ints. I'm no mathmagician, but I don't think that's the same as 19:14. But yes, Anderson is a phony who isn't anywhere near Cutler...I think that was your point anyways.

Yea, no idea where I got 19:14...:(

Still, besides those 29 TDs, not much difference between Anderson's breakout year and Cutler's 2nd year.

Xenos
04-17-2009, 11:17 PM
So you put the blame on Cutler for the defense not being able to stop 2 of the worst offenses in the NFL? Yeah, thats awesome of ya!
And thats more so against the Chiefs than the Raiders. The defense sucked balls against the Chiefs and two early fumbles from Royal and Marshall sealed the fate that day.

Still, putting the pressure on Cutler saying why didn't he win more is just ridiculous with how awful the Broncos D was last year and his entire tenure there really.
No, I put the blame on Cutler for not being able to beat two of the worst defenses in the NFL. He doesn't even have the no running game excuse against the Raiders since Hillis was healthy for that game.

wogitalia
04-18-2009, 06:31 AM

I really hate that arguement. If a defense keeps a team to less than 21, they should win.

Tavaris Jackson, you know that completely useless hack, is 8 and 2 in his career when the defense does the same.

Derek Anderson is 10 and 4, not great, but neither is he, and in his one good season was 6 and 1.

Michael Vick was 32 and 6.

All of Ryan Leaf's wins came in that fashion, in fact if Leaf's defenses could have always kept his opposition under 21 then Leaf would probably still have a job...

It is a poor arguement, it is the type of stat that fan boys make up to excuse a bigger problem or to make a point when they don't have better material.

Personally, I think Cutler is a good player, who was in a great situation for stat padding, poor defense, very good receivers and OL, inconsistent running game. Basically the perfect situation for a QB to put up big numbers, outside of rating, where Cutler is smack bang on average. I think he should make CHicago a better offense.

What I don't agree was that he was a good trade, he put up very similar numbers to what a healthy Orton did when situations are compared, he has got a better arm, but he now will have to do it with a real question mark line and nothing else. I think this year will test him, he certainly seems to be mentally weak, whether he is or not will be proven over the next couple of years, especially if he doesn't set the world on fire.

Cutler does get one massive positive. He will play in the NFC north. That means two games against Detroit, 2 games against Green Bay who may struggle with a new defensive scheme and 2 games against Minnesota who are just about pathetic against the pass, though without Sharper that may improve markedly this year.

Going to make things fun regardless. I think Chicago gave up too much but that it is possible for Cutler to rectify that, if Cutler greatly exceeds what he has done so far in his career it will be a good trade for Chicago, if he stays par it will be a slight loss, if he were to regress though, it would be a nightmare.

As for the original topic, Cutler was a very polarising player when he was drafted, people either thought he was Marino or Leaf, didn't seem to have that in between element, so far he has been distinctly in between and thanks to Young losing the plot and Warner being reborn, he has looked better than the other QBs in his draft, which means those who thought he was Marino are being as loud as possible backing their decision as a "told you so" whilst those who backed other players or thought he would be worse than he is, are staying quiet, which gives a very one sided view on him.

bigbluedefense
04-18-2009, 06:33 AM
Why?

because he's good. thats why.

Xenos
04-18-2009, 07:46 PM
Another thing you should be concerned with Jay is his drinking especially with his diabetic problems. I remember reading on some Denver board (orangemane) about how he got wasted the night before the second Raiders game, which some believe was the reason he did so badly against them. Now this is all speculation and could just be disgruntled Denver fans, but it makes me wonder how he did so horrible against a pretty bad Raider defense at home.

Gay Ork Wang
04-18-2009, 07:49 PM
did u also hear about his problems with drugs and hookers and with weapons?

Malaka
04-18-2009, 07:55 PM
did u also hear about his problems with drugs and hookers and with weapons?

I think he was talking about the last Bears QB with drinking problems.

http://cache.deadspin.com/assets/resources/2007/12/ortonrock.jpg

http://nextround.net/wp-content/uploads/2008/05/kyle_orton.jpg

http://cache.deadspin.com/sports/ortonortonorton.jpg

http://blogs.westword.com/latestword/assets_c/2009/04/kyle%20orton%20with%20bottle-thumb-250x237.jpg

http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j141/ECKoolAid/lolsports/maximus-orton.jpg

bearsfan_51
04-18-2009, 07:57 PM
Well if it's on the internet it must be true.

Xenos
04-18-2009, 11:28 PM
I think he was talking about the last Bears QB with drinking problems.

http://cache.deadspin.com/assets/resources/2007/12/ortonrock.jpg

http://nextround.net/wp-content/uploads/2008/05/kyle_orton.jpg

http://cache.deadspin.com/sports/ortonortonorton.jpg

http://blogs.westword.com/latestword/assets_c/2009/04/kyle%20orton%20with%20bottle-thumb-250x237.jpg

Orton doesn't have diabetes though. I'm pretty sure that Jay knows what he's doing and he can monitor his diabetes just fine. But it's not just some random messageboard that states this, I believe even guys like Colin Cowherd expressed concerns for Jay's night life due to his condition.

Really, what's going to be fun to see is if Jay will deal with the Chicago media the way he dealt with Denver's. Because he sure as heck is going to get rip in half if he does the same thing.

bearsfan_51
04-19-2009, 12:04 AM
Orton doesn't have diabetes though. I'm pretty sure that Jay knows what he's doing and he can monitor his diabetes just fine. But it's not just some random messageboard that states this, I believe even guys like Colin Cowherd expressed concerns for Jay's night life due to his condition.

Really, what's going to be fun to see is if Jay will deal with the Chicago media the way he dealt with Denver's. Because he sure as heck is going to get rip in half if he does the same thing.

You have, by my count, over 15 posts in this thread. Almost all of them bashing Cutler in one form or another. I'd say the emperor has no clothes.

jth1331
04-19-2009, 12:17 AM
Xenos is no fan of Cutler, I am on the Orangemane and he has never had much positive to say about the young QB.
And on the Orangemane, those are all rumors from posters. The whole team played awful against Oakland anyways.

Xenos
04-19-2009, 12:42 AM
You have, by my count, over 15 posts in this thread. Almost all of them bashing Cutler in one form or another. I'd say the emperor has no clothes.
Of course I hate Cutler. I'm a Charger fan and I think he's a loser in the vein of Jeff George. Which is why I feel kinda bad for the Bears because they're expecting this savior, but instead could get someone who could just as easily implode as Cade McKnown. The sad thing is that I liked him up until the Christmas game in 2007 when he started that whole incident with Rivers.

Edit: really I only 15 posts? I thought I had more than that...

Xenos
04-19-2009, 12:43 AM
Xenos is no fan of Cutler, I am on the Orangemane and he has never had much positive to say about the young QB.
And on the Orangemane, those are all rumors from posters. The whole team played awful against Oakland anyways.
You have me confused with 400Hz or someone else. I rarely say anything negative about Cutler there.

Xenos
04-19-2009, 12:52 AM
I suppose you could look at my rant as my sadness that he's leaving the division. Denver got some good picks and could do some damage with them now because they traded Cutler away.

I hope he plays horribly but that the Bears go 16-0 and Denver gets a really low 1st round pick next year.

PoopSandwich
04-19-2009, 12:57 AM

DA had a great year then struggled like the whole offense did. I'm not saying hes as good as he played in 2007, I'm saying how can you say "Look how he turned out" when he's had a good year and a bad year, you can't just a career off two seasons.

As for Cutler hes amazing and your comparison to Anderson is *EDIT* completely wrong.

Oh and one more thing

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y132/Defiantmac/DA4MVPPPP.jpg

bearsfan_51
04-19-2009, 01:11 AM
Of course I hate Cutler. I'm a Charger fan and I think he's a loser in the vein of Jeff George. Which is why I feel kinda bad for the Bears because they're expecting this savior, but instead could get someone who could just as easily implode as Cade McKnown. The sad thing is that I liked him up until the Christmas game in 2007 when he started that whole incident with Rivers.

Edit: really I only 15 posts? I thought I had more than that...
That's fine, but to any objective person you just look irrational and silly. Your agenda reeks of bias. I mean, Cade McNown? Are you ******* serious? Get a grip dude.

Xenos
04-19-2009, 01:36 AM
That's fine, but to any objective person you just look irrational and silly. Your agenda reeks of bias. I mean, Cade McNown? Are you ******* serious? Get a grip dude.
That's fair that you are excited about him. People are in love with his tools. He has also gotten progressively gotten better each season statistically. I just find it odd that people keep making these excuses for him.

Here's a rational argument:
1) He has Ron Turner as his OC
2) That Chicago oline is not as good as Denver's.
3) The current Bears defense needs help as well which will put even more pressure on him to well. I just don't think he has it in him.
4) He doesn't have the weapons like he did with Denver. Forte and Olson are very solid players though. But currently (I say currently because things could happen with the offense) I think he'll have a down year.
5) He did not handle the media in Denver well during a loss. I just think it'll be one of his undoing in Chicago. He just shows his disdain and contempt too easily when dealing with reporters. You have to have the poker face especially when you're the face of the franchise. How he deals with the pressure from the media and the sport fans will be very telling this year. If he manages to do it well as well as learn to control his gunslinging then I would be wrong about him.

Nonrational rant:
I just think he's a loser and has that mentality since he's been losing since high school. The fact that he couldn't even win one game in that last stretch is kinda telling to me. It just tells me that he can't get it done when the team needs him to especially during big games.
Perhaps, one of the reasons why I don't think he'll be a great QB is due to his inconsistency. He can make those great OMG plays and then the next do something completely idiotic ie. the first Denver/San Diego game where he was terrific in the first half and then started to collapse in the second with a key interception in the endzone and then "fumbling" near the endzone.

Addict
04-19-2009, 09:35 AM
Xenos has issues. That is all.

Gay Ork Wang
04-19-2009, 12:24 PM
he just hates Jay cause he was playing for the broncos

Xenos
04-19-2009, 01:14 PM
he just hates Jay cause he was playing for the broncos
16-0 Gay. Love the Veronica Mars btw.

Xenos
04-19-2009, 01:17 PM
Xenos has issues. That is all.

Hey I provided my rational and non-rational reasoning. That is all.

04-19-2009, 01:20 PM

I lulzed at this one hard.

Malaka
04-19-2009, 01:25 PM
I lulzed at this one hard.

I think it'd be funnier with Rex Grossman. lol.

nrk
04-19-2009, 02:11 PM
THANK you, finally someone understands what I'm trying to say. You hit the nail on the head, maybe it'll illustrate the point better to others than I was able to.

That was in response to I guess your point really is: Both Cutler and DA have been in similar situation in the past offseasons, why is it that Cutler is getting so much more credit than DA did?"

Well on the first page you posted your own answer.
If Cutler wasn't drafted in the 1st round a few years back, I doubt this would be as big news. It seems to add to the glamor.

That and as it has been pointed out, Cutler progressed. DA didn't.