PDA

View Full Version : Cards Willing to Trade Boldin

Thunder&Lightning
04-15-2009, 09:39 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4071716

Cards announce they will listen to offers for Boldin.

Any predictions on where he might go...

I say Eagles they got 2 first rounders, give up a 1st rounder and a 3rd or 4th

Thunder&Lightning
04-15-2009, 09:42 PM
My B didnt see the other thread... F***!!!!

HawkeyeFan
04-16-2009, 02:02 AM
Thanks for breaking the news..

kalbears13
04-16-2009, 02:09 AM

I think that's a little overreaction...

locseti
04-16-2009, 04:43 AM
who cares that thread's from feb. Im willing to give up a first for this proven commodity! Do it Al, who knows if Crabtree, Maclin, DHB will pan out, Boldin is the real deal!

Mr. Hero
04-16-2009, 04:48 AM
I'm still hoping the giants head into camp with Boldin wearing the blue. Add a SS and some oline depth in the draft and if we're not amongst the favorites to win the SB we'll deserve to be.

3pac
04-16-2009, 05:39 AM
Eagles are my 2nd favorite team, I will be ECSTATIC if they pull this off. It's definitely worth a 1st and 3rd or whatever. Adding him would instantly make them one of the favorites to win the NFC.

brat316
04-16-2009, 07:10 AM
They said they were going to listen to trade offers. I think they want teams to overpay for him, if they are going to trade him.

And usually a 1st and 3rd is what you normally expect when you trade a player of his caliber. But they probably want a little more. Like 1st, a 3rd, switch spots in the second, or a player.

eaglesalltheway
04-16-2009, 08:27 AM
I would be all in favor of the Eagles trading for Boldin, as long as it isn't two firsts. I think a first, third, and a variable pick next year (based off of play/production) would be a good way to go, if that pick was in the 5th to third range. I'd also be in favor of swapping second rounders;).

vikes_28
04-16-2009, 08:33 AM
I think he would go for more than just a first and third.

killxswitch
04-16-2009, 08:34 AM
The chances were already slim that the Cards would have success again similar to last year. If they lose Boldin I think you can kiss their playoff chances goodbye.

the decider13
04-16-2009, 08:40 AM
I think Boldin would be a great fit with the Eagles. I really don't see him ending up a giant for some reason. Now that I think about it, the receivers in that division are just garbage overall now that Plax and TO are gone. They should all be bidding on Q and Braylon.

eaglesalltheway
04-16-2009, 08:41 AM
The chances were already slim that the Cards would have success again similar to last year. If they lose Boldin I think you can kiss their playoff chances goodbye.

Not in that conference, plus Steve Breaston isn't just a one year wonder, he is a good receiver, and even though he is no Boldin, him and Fitzgerald is still a very, very good set of WRs.

TimD
04-16-2009, 08:41 AM
Thomas Jones and a second?

Splat
04-16-2009, 08:42 AM

I disagree they still play in a weak Div and even with out Boldin they would still have two 1000 yard WR's in Fitz and Steve Breaston they might not make the SB but should still be in the playoff race.

Smokey Joe
04-16-2009, 08:45 AM
I have a hard time seeing the Cards trading Boldin within the conference. Trading Boldin to the Giants or Eagles makes them better, and only makes them tougher competition for the NFC title. It'd make sense if the Cards weren't serious contenders for the NFC title, but they are.

If Boldin is traded, I see him going to the Ravens.

killxswitch
04-16-2009, 08:47 AM
Not in that conference, plus Steve Breaston isn't just a one year wonder, he is a good receiver, and even though he is no Boldin, him and Fitzgerald is still a very, very good set of WRs.

I am a big Breaston fan so I am not counting him out. I think he will do well as the #2 guy. However, all 3 of them had over 1000 yards. With Boldin gone who is going to step up in the #3 spot? Unless they come up with a running game I just don't see it happening. They will probably contend for the division with SF and Seattle but if they do make it I doubt they get past the wildcard round.

Smokey Joe
04-16-2009, 09:06 AM
They drafted Early Doucet in the 2nd or 3rd round last year, and with Breaston and Fitz, Doucet should get plenty of balls thrown his way.

The Great Jonathan Vilma
04-16-2009, 09:50 AM
Thomas Jones and a second?

Interesting thought. So we change our philosophy from a team that will be able to run the ball, to a team that has no experience in the backfield at either QB or RB...i say no, he isn't what we need, and not at the price of giving up Jones. He may not be flashy, but he has shown he can stay healthy and pound the rock, and we need something reliable.

Bucs_Rule
04-16-2009, 09:55 AM
Interesting thought. So we change our philosophy from a team that will be able to run the ball, to a team that has no experience in the backfield at either QB or RB...i say no, he isn't what we need, and not at the price of giving up Jones. He may not be flashy, but he has shown he can stay healthy and pound the rock, and we need something reliable.

Thomas Jones is old and would have little market value. Can't see Arizona considering that deal.

BaLLiN
04-16-2009, 10:34 AM
1st 4th and comp pick IMO

A Perfect Score
04-16-2009, 10:36 AM
Suggs and a swapping of firsts for Boldin! Bring him to B-More!

The Great Jonathan Vilma
04-16-2009, 01:46 PM
Thomas Jones is old and would have little market value. Can't see Arizona considering that deal.

That is the other side of things, i didn't bother to comment on that side of the trade, just that i don't know if it would benefit the Jets. If i were Arizona, i wouldn't accept the trade either. Arizona also drafted Jones back in the day, they had a good experience together.....

Menardo75
04-16-2009, 02:00 PM
If I were an Eagles fan I would be very dissapointed if they didn't try to jump all over this. They should since they offered a trade for Fitzgerald last year.

Brent
04-16-2009, 02:05 PM
http://draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1602041&#post1602041

It's okay. haha.

banetzdererste
04-16-2009, 02:48 PM

Suggs no way! In the Team Board i had the same thinking trade for Boldin!
But giving Suggs is not a smart move

Brent
04-16-2009, 03:12 PM
http://myespn.go.com/blogs/nfcwest/0-8-646/Giants-GM-on-Cardinals---Almost-isn-t-good-enough-.html

Giants general manager Jerry Reese went on record suggesting the proposed asking price for Boldin "could" be too high.

Reese's comments about Boldin were not specific enough to swerve into tampering, in my view, but his subsequent comments about Fitzgerald and Arizona will surely find their way into the Cardinals' locker room before the teams face one another Oct. 25 at Giants Stadium.

Reese: "I think people are panicked a little bit about receiver. We're not panicked about it. You'd like to have a big Larry Fitzgerald, Andre Johnson, Calvin Johnson ... you'd like to have those types of guys. But Larry Fitzgerald's team didn't win the Super Bowl. Almost is not good enough in this league. He was outstanding, but his team didn't win. There are other ways to do it."

Might not happen, scotty.

BaLLiN
04-16-2009, 03:16 PM
well, Number 10 says the Braylon deal is 90% done, i trust him

PoopSandwich
04-16-2009, 03:21 PM
well, Number 10 says the Braylon deal is 90% done, i trust him

Was that what they were talking about on Sports Center? I missed it.

Splat
04-16-2009, 03:47 PM
http://blogs.nfl.com/2009/04/16/boldin-on-possible-trade-i-want-to-get-it-resolved/

Boldin said he’s open to getting traded to any team, especially to the NFC East, where the Eagles and Giants need a elite receiver.

Boldin, who said he just has a player-coach relationship with former Cardinals (offensive) coordinator Todd Haley, said he wouldn’t mind playing for him in Kansas City.

As for getting traded, Boldin said: “I just want to get it resolved. It’s been going on way too long.” Later, he said: “It would hurt, but at the same time, change is necessary. My only problem has been management, always has been.”

BaLLiN
04-16-2009, 03:51 PM
http://blogs.nfl.com/2009/04/16/boldin-on-possible-trade-i-want-to-get-it-resolved/

Boldin said he’s open to getting traded to any team, especially to the NFC East, where the Eagles and Giants need a elite receiver.

Boldin, who said he just has a player-coach relationship with former Cardinals (offensive) coordinator Todd Haley, said he wouldn’t mind playing for him in Kansas City.

As for getting traded, Boldin said: “I just want to get it resolved. It’s been going on way too long.” Later, he said: “It would hurt, but at the same time, change is necessary. My only problem has been management, always has been.”

hmm KC? thatd be interesting, doubt he comes to NY, eagles arent really known for trading for WRs or valuing them, but id be a great compliment to JaX

Splat
04-16-2009, 03:53 PM
hmm KC?

He wants to be part of the Bowe show.:)

the decider13
04-16-2009, 03:56 PM
Makes sense, I doubt they want to send him to an NFC team. Although I will cry if I have to see Q, Bowe and Gonzo twice a year.

Splat
04-16-2009, 03:57 PM
Makes sense, I doubt they want to send him to an NFC team. Although I will cry if I have to see Q, Bowe and Gonzo twice a year.

No proof but I think if Boldin came to KC Gonzo would be going to the Cards.

nobodyinparticular
04-16-2009, 04:02 PM
Al is on the phone right now with the Cardinal front office. Guaranteed. It wouldn't be the first time that he traded the #7 overall pick for a disgruntled, established WR.

the decider13
04-16-2009, 04:05 PM
No proof but I think if Boldin came to KC Gonzo would be going to the Cards.

That would make me feel slightly better. But I still don't want to see Boldin and Bowe lol

Splat
04-16-2009, 04:08 PM
Al is on the phone right now with the Cardinal front office.

I'm not sure Al Davis still knows how to work a phone at his age and if he does he'll probably have trouble finding it he could have some one help him but he fired all the help.

:)

T-RICH49
04-16-2009, 04:20 PM
That would make me feel slightly better. But I still don't want to see Boldin and Bowe lol

but I do

signed,

Matt Cassel :D :D

T-RICH49
04-16-2009, 04:21 PM
He wants to be part of the Bowe show.:)

who does'nt want to be part of the Bowe show :D

nobodyinparticular
04-16-2009, 04:35 PM
I'm not sure Al Davis still knows how to work a phone at his age and if he does he'll probably have trouble finding it he could have some one help him but he fired all the help.

:)

That's true. Just think of how long he's had to keep his glasses on that ridiculous chain around his neck. Cordless phones (and cell phones) would be worthless to him.

;)

ccB
04-16-2009, 10:09 PM

No...letters.

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
04-16-2009, 10:12 PM
No...letters.

Hell yea because there are plenty of WR's in the draft and I want to keep suggs.

A Perfect Score
04-17-2009, 02:13 AM
Hell yea because there are plenty of WR's in the draft and I want to keep suggs.

There are plenty of tweeners in the draft, and no WR in this draft has anywhere near the ability of Boldin...not to mention, Boldin wouldnt need time to develop...moving Suggs now before we lose him next year is the smart thing to do, and bringing in Boldin is a far superior move to drafting a WR...Its much easier to draft a replacement OLB, especially in this draft, and dont forget, receiver take alot more time to mature then OLBs do...Id rather have Boldin and Suggs' replacement now then Suggs and a project WR

ccB
04-17-2009, 03:38 AM
There are plenty of tweeners in the draft, and no WR in this draft has anywhere near the ability of Boldin...not to mention, Boldin wouldnt need time to develop...moving Suggs now before we lose him next year is the smart thing to do, and bringing in Boldin is a far superior move to drafting a WR...Its much easier to draft a replacement OLB, especially in this draft, and dont forget, receiver take alot more time to mature then OLBs do...Id rather have Boldin and Suggs' replacement now then Suggs and a project WR

Sugg's name has never been mentioned so stop merging your forum mock draft with real life. All that has been mentioned by the Ravens is we'd be open to giving up a 1st and a 3rd. I love how you speak like you have a crystal ball sitting on your computer desk, "No wr's anywhere near Boldins level" Yet "Plenty of tweeners" to replace Suggs, I am glad to see you know how each WR will develop and that all the DE/OLB tweeners will all develop to Terrell Suggs' caliber. Subtracting Suggs from the Defense and adding Anquan to the offense wouldn't exactly make us a better team, if anything they are moves that would cancel each other out.

Yes its possible for the WR we select to bust but its possible for any player at any position to bust. Tweeners can be busts too. See: Spencer, Anthony; Carpenter, Bobby; Lawson, Manny; (and I know its still early but) Gholston, Vernon etc. So please stop acting like its a bust free position and if we take a player at that position they will instantly be a formidable replacement to one of our best players. I am all for bringing in Boldin but not by taking away one of our marquee defensive players.

This draft is pretty deep with 1st round WR's so if we can't get Boldin with a 1st/3rd combo it's better for us to stay where we are and draft a WR. Also if we draft a WR it's not like we need him to come in this year and be Randy Moss right away. WR is more of a long term need, we have Mason, we have Clayton, they are solid enough 1-2 punch for the moment with the rookie coming in as the #3 guy, to eventually one day replace Mason.

Mr. Hero
04-17-2009, 03:40 AM
Sugg's name has never been mentioned so stop merging your forum mock draft with real life. All that has been mentioned by the Ravens is we'd be open to giving up a 1st and a 3rd. I love how you speak like you have a crystal ball sitting on your computer desk, "No wr's anywhere near Boldins level" Yet "Plenty of tweeners" to replace Suggs, I am glad to see you know how each WR will develop and that all the DE/OLB tweeners will all develop to Terrell Suggs' caliber. Subtracting Suggs from the Defense and adding Anquan to the offense wouldn't exactly make us a better team, if anything they are moves that would cancel each other out. This draft is pretty deep with 1st round WR's so if we can't get Boldin with a 1st/3rd combo it's better for us to stay where we are and draft a WR. Yes its possible for the WR we select to bust but its possible for any player at any position to bust. Tweeners can be busts too, I know its still early but see Gholston, Vernon. I am all for bringing in Boldin but not by taking away one of our marquee defensive players.

That right there sums up my feelings on kiwi being included in Braylon to NY rumors.

A Perfect Score
04-17-2009, 03:53 AM
Sugg's name has never been mentioned so stop merging your forum mock draft with real life. All that has been mentioned by the Ravens is we'd be open to giving up a 1st and a 3rd. I love how you speak like you have a crystal ball sitting on your computer desk, "No wr's anywhere near Boldins level" Yet "Plenty of tweeners" to replace Suggs, I am glad to see you know how each WR will develop and that all the DE/OLB tweeners will all develop to Terrell Suggs' caliber. Subtracting Suggs from the Defense and adding Anquan to the offense wouldn't exactly make us a better team, if anything they are moves that would cancel each other out.

Yes its possible for the WR we select to bust but its possible for any player at any position to bust. Tweeners can be busts too, I know its still early but see Gholston, Vernon. I am all for bringing in Boldin but not by taking away one of our marquee defensive players.

This draft is pretty deep with 1st round WR's so if we can't get Boldin with a 1st/3rd combo it's better for us to stay where we are and draft a WR. Also if we draft a WR it's not like we need him to come in this year and be Randy Moss right away. WR is more of a long term need, we have Mason, we have Clayton, they are solid enough 1-2 punch for the moment with the rookie coming in as the #3 guy, to eventually one day replace Mason.

There were plenty of rumors suggesting a Suggs for Boldin deal as soon as all this Boldin drama started...Suggs expressed his desire to play in his home state and we have a convenient need at WR...You act like the concept hasnt been tossed around on this forum for months, when indeed it has. I never said it was a concrete ******* idea and that it was going to happen tomorrow...but to say that it hasnt been suggested already is just stupid.

And we have shown time and time again that we can substitute players into our defense and lose very little. I love Suggs too, but adding Anquan at the price of losing him makes us a better team. Anquan is a future HoF receiver and Suggs, while good, isnt anywhere near his level. Anquan gives Flacco an immediate #1, and we can either sub someone in for Suggs or we can draft his replacement.

I never said if we draft a tweener he wouldnt bust. Of course he could bust. Any player drafted at any position could bust. However, I think everyone on here will tell you its easier for a tweener to come into a 3-4 defense and pin his ears back and pass rush then it is for a receiver to come in and make an impact right away. Clay Matthews, Clint Sintim, and others could all conceivably do what Suggs does for us, maybe not as well as he does immediately, but in the long term. How many of the receivers we could draft will come in and offer what Boldin does now, or even ever? In my opinion, none of them except Crabtree have the potential to do what Boldin does week in and week out, and we all know we arent getting Crabtree. Id rather trade Suggs now and obtain a #1 receiver then risk losing him next year and getting no compensation at all.

We definitely have a need at WR. Mason is more of a #2, and has seen better days even though he played well last year. Clayton has shown flashes, but is the definition of inconsistent. I dont know how you can be confident with those two as our starting receiver core. Id feel much more confident with Anquan/Mason with Clayton in the slot, and Clint Sintim starting in Suggs place. I love how you think trading away Suggs would be the worst thing in the world, when its very unlikely we retain him next year anyways. Ozzie has shown hes more inclined to like big price tag FAs walk, and just draft their replacements (Adalius Thomas). Why not trade him now and get something for him, instead of losing him on the market next year?

ccB
04-17-2009, 04:07 AM
Because we could keep Suggs, trade a 1st and a 3rd (which is what we are offering) and still conceivably come away with Boldin as well and you know actually upgrading a position without downgrading another position. For as overrated as I think Bart Scott is, he will be missed when we are trotting out Tavares Gooden/Jameel McClain and they are going through their growing pains, I'd rather not take away one of the best 3-4 OLB's in the game as well.

And if the Cards pass on our offer draft Britt/DHB/Nicks and put them at #3 on the depth chart and let them develop, like I said its a long term need not an absolute must have for next season. Since WR's usually take longer to develop we draft one this year, in a deep WR class and groom them to replace Derrick Mason.

Also the Suggs rumors are mostly message board chatter, I dare you to find me a legitimate source who says we have him on the trading block. I can give you one that does say we offered a 1st and a 3rd for Boldin though. I am not saying trading Suggs is an impossibility but the rumors are mostly fan fueled.

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
04-17-2009, 07:47 AM
I would rather take the chance on a WR instead of losing our main pass rush. We would be last years Chargers.

DWhaLe
04-18-2009, 08:59 PM
I Pray The Eagles snatch this guy

cdf_2108
04-19-2009, 03:37 PM
Anyone else think the Cards are idiots for not paying this guy? Q has been the heart and soul of the team for the last 6 years.

Menardo75
04-19-2009, 03:42 PM
I would agree with that it will be a big blow to the offense if he leaves.

Splat
04-20-2009, 02:47 PM
Could Ravens Send Players, Not Picks, For Boldin? (http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/04/20/could-ravens-send-players-not-picks-for-boldin/)

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
04-20-2009, 02:56 PM
Man I am for giving Heap and Willis for Boldin. I know a draft pick will be in there also and as long as it isn't a 1st lets do it.

coordinator0
04-20-2009, 04:00 PM
Could Ravens Send Players, Not Picks, For Boldin? (http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/04/20/could-ravens-send-players-not-picks-for-boldin/)

Holy ****I'd be all over that as a Ravens fan, maybe throw in a second rounder as well. I doubt it'd be a first if those 2 players are involved though.

Ravens1991
04-20-2009, 04:01 PM
i would love that as well, I have been big on getting rid of those guys this off-season.

BaLLiN
04-20-2009, 04:02 PM
i doubt that, they just had a failed experiment with James, McGahee is not great. Plus they have Leonard Pope who isnt so bad.

Doesnt make sense considering this draft is pretty good for RBs and TEs

Bucs_Rule
04-20-2009, 08:51 PM
McGahee is just a backup now. They can get a decent RB at the end of the first. If they traded for a player it would be at a position much harder to get an impact player.

Heap has been on the decline too.

Ravens1991
04-20-2009, 08:59 PM
He isnt a back up. He will probably get the most carries next year assuming he is on our team, but he wont be getting typical starting back carries because we have a RB trifecta.

Jensen
04-20-2009, 09:05 PM
Dear god no. A 1st and 3rd would be a lot better.

M.O.T.H.
04-20-2009, 09:11 PM
i doubt that, they just had a failed experiment with James, McGahee is not great. Plus they have Leonard Pope who isnt so bad.

Doesnt make sense considering this draft is pretty good for RBs and TEs

I'm not saying Heap is good because he isnt anymore more but, Pope isnt even guaranteed to make the team this year. Stephen Spach was the starter before tearing his ACL. The Cards have a whole lot of nothing at TE...that being said, I wouldnt trade for Heap, who is a shell of his former self.

YAYareaRB
04-20-2009, 09:14 PM
Come to Papa

BmoreBlackByrdz
04-20-2009, 09:16 PM
Heap, McGahee, and a 2nd rounder is as high as the Ravens should go.

Mr. Hero
04-20-2009, 09:30 PM
giants trade first fourth and conditional third+ pick next year, draft Louis Delmas at 45, ramses Barden at 60 and fill out the oline with a tackle/Center combo in the third like Cadogan/Shipley. We're talkin lock 2 wins right there for each. Evolution to championship baby!

Jensen
04-20-2009, 09:35 PM
Heap, McGahee, and a 2nd rounder is as high as the Ravens should go.

Then I would hope the Cardinals would pass on that.

CC.SD
04-20-2009, 09:38 PM
Heap and McGahee + any pick that's not a first is a pipe dream. Those players are not that valuable anymore and any combo of 1st and other picks is a much better deal and the Cardinals have to know that.

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
04-20-2009, 09:57 PM
Heap and McGahee + any pick that's not a first is a pipe dream. Those players are not that valuable anymore and any combo of 1st and other picks is a much better deal and the Cardinals have to know that.

AZ probably wants to go with the AFC instead of keeping him in the NFC so as long as our offer is better than any AFC team we could get him. Or they resign him

Ravens1991
04-20-2009, 10:02 PM

Just let the Ravens fans keep dreaming please.

Jensen
04-20-2009, 10:57 PM
AZ probably wants to go with the AFC instead of keeping him in the NFC so as long as our offer is better than any AFC team we could get him. Or they resign him

If that is all Baltimore is going to offer I would have no problem trading him to the NFC.

ccB
04-20-2009, 11:19 PM
If that is all Baltimore is going to offer I would have no problem trading him to the NFC.

Yeah you wouldn't, but you aren't in control of the franchise so let's see what happens. I am not saying the Cardinals won't go to an NFC team if they don't like any of our offers, or that it's likely any deal revolving around Heap or McGahee happens but you are speaking as if you are running the franchise, but you're not and your franchise could end up making a move you personally do not like.

Menardo75
04-20-2009, 11:21 PM
As long as he isn't playing for the Cardinals next year I am happy.

Mr. Hero
04-20-2009, 11:28 PM
As long as he isn't playing for the Cardinals next year I am happy.

Boldin and Leinart to Seattle for the fourth pick.

BmoreBlackByrdz
04-21-2009, 12:13 PM
Apparently Baltimore has dropped out of pursing Boldin. There asking price is " too high" I knew Ozzie was to stingy with his draft picks.

ccB
04-21-2009, 12:34 PM
Apparently Baltimore has dropped out of pursing Boldin. There asking price is " too high" I knew Ozzie was to stingy with his draft picks.

I assume you are posting in reply to this article...

http://blogs.usatoday.com/thehuddle/2009/04/paper-ravens-balk-at-cardinals-asking-price-for-anquan-boldin.html

The Ravens balking doesn't necessarily diminish the likelihood of Boldin being dealt to them. There are still several days for posturing among the clubs.

I actually like the move, it's an aggressive move by Ozzie, so if the Cards can get a 1st and 3rd somewhere else, go ahead, if not we make a deal on our terms not theres. Boldin is a luxury for us not a necessity.

Brent
04-21-2009, 12:48 PM
Boldin and Leinart to Seattle for the fourth pick.
There are so many things wrong about that, I dont know where to begin.

BmoreBlackByrdz
04-21-2009, 01:57 PM
I assume you are posting in reply to this article...

http://blogs.usatoday.com/thehuddle/2009/04/paper-ravens-balk-at-cardinals-asking-price-for-anquan-boldin.html

I actually like the move, it's an aggressive move by Ozzie, so if the Cards can get a 1st and 3rd somewhere else, go ahead, if not we make a deal on our terms not theres. Boldin is a luxury for us not a necessity.

wow, perfectly said. I 110% agree with that.

and I was reply to this link - http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/football/bal-sp.ravens21apr21,0,348619.story

same thing though.

fenikz
04-21-2009, 02:05 PM
What on earth would lead someone to believe that we would rather take on McGahee and Heap's contracts rather then resigning Boldin

I'll say there is about a 20/80 chance that he gets traded

TitanHope
04-24-2009, 02:28 PM
Cardinals have reportedly lowered their price for Anquan Boldin to a 2009 2nd RD pick, according to ESPN's Sal Paolantonio.

Geo
04-24-2009, 02:30 PM
I think he said 2nd round pick plus more.

Which I think is a crummy return.

LonghornsLegend
04-24-2009, 02:33 PM
I'll say there is about a 20/80 chance that he gets traded

You sticking by these odds?

If it's a 2nd and a player, more then just a few teams should be interested, Philly makes the most sense to me but hard to tell if they want to pay him and Peters top dollar in one off-season.

TitanHope
04-24-2009, 02:34 PM
Here's a link: http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4096399

The Arizona Cardinals have reduced their trade demands for disgruntled receiver Anquan Boldin to a second-round pick in Saturday's draft and other considerations and are talking to at least three teams who seem to be newly interested, two sources told ESPN's Sal Paolantonio on Friday.

The New York Jets, New York Giants and Philadelphia Eagles have expressed interest given the downgraded demands from a first- and third-round pick, the sources said.

Cardinals general manager Rod Graves and coach Ken Whisenhunt had repeatedly emphasized at the team's pre-draft news conference Tuesday that they would be happy to keep Boldin and eventually try to sign him to a new contract.

"Quite a few teams have called but we have no offers from those teams," Graves said Tuesday. "Anything can evolve from this point through draft day so that's where it is right now."

Boldin expressed extreme displeasure with his contract in last season's training camp, accusing Cardinals management of failing to follow through on a promise of a new deal and vowing never to re-sign with Arizona.

Still, he went on to have his third Pro Bowl season in six years in the NFL as the Cardinals advanced to the Super Bowl.

"I didn't say a trade was necessary," Boldin said last week. "I just want something to get resolved. It's something that's gone on long enough."

Titans are reportedly rumored to have interest, but it's an Insider article, so I dunno the validity of it. Perhaps they'd be offering Bo Scaife as extra? *shrugs*

T-RICH49
04-24-2009, 02:36 PM
Here's a link: http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4096399

Titans are reportedly rumored to have interest, but it's an Insider article, so I dunno the validity of it. Perhaps they'd be offering Bo Scaife as extra? *shrugs*

ooohhh use the 2 2nds next year for Q :D

coordinator0
04-24-2009, 02:42 PM
I think Oakland might come into play here, they can send their 2nd and one of their 3 RB's (not D-Mac lol) to ARI for Boldin.

the decider13
04-24-2009, 02:45 PM
I think Oakland might come into play here, they can send their 2nd and one of their 3 RB's (not D-Mac lol) to ARI for Boldin.

Their early 2nd and Fargas might get some interest. I don't want any AFC west teams to get him.

I think the cards will have a lot more offers with the new price, everyone should be in line.

ATLDirtyBirds
04-24-2009, 02:47 PM
Ryan-Turner-White-Boldin-Gonzalez? It won't happen, but it's fun to dream.

fenikz
04-24-2009, 02:55 PM
Cardinals have reportedly lowered their price for Anquan Boldin to a 2009 2nd RD pick, according to ESPN's Sal Paolantonio.

ESPN is making **** up, Rod Graves had a press conference at about the same time as this

General manager Rod Graves said Friday given the dearth of trade offers for wide receiver Anquan Boldin, the probability of Boldin remaining with the Cardinals is “pretty high.”http://www.azcardinals.com/news/detail.php?PRKey=2979

i say there is a 10/90 chance that he gets traded now

So don't go jizzing your pants people on another false espn report

Saints-Tigers
04-24-2009, 02:57 PM
Someone sign Lance Moore and give us a second rounder so we can flip it for Boldin :D

Crickett
04-24-2009, 02:57 PM
Let me ask this now, if all the Cardinals are asking is a 2nd and a little something else, HOW IS ANQUAN BOLDIN STILL A CARDINAL????

How have the Jets/Giants/Dolphins/Raven/Titans/Vikings/Cowboys/*insert your team here* not jumped on this?

fenikz
04-24-2009, 03:00 PM
Let me ask this now, if all the Cardinals are asking is a 2nd and a little something else, HOW IS ANQUAN BOLDIN STILL A CARDINAL????

How have the Jets/Giants/Dolphins/Raven/Titans/Vikings/Cowboys/*insert your team here* not jumped on this?

As i said there is no truth to that rumor at all, ESPN has been terrible this offseason, they are getting as bad as PFT

Splat
04-24-2009, 03:04 PM

ESPN kills me they say the Cards are not shopping him but at the same time they have lowered their asking price?

bored of education
04-24-2009, 03:09 PM
Boweldin! make it happen for a 3rd and 5th!

fenikz
04-24-2009, 03:09 PM
ESPN kills me they say the Cards are not shopping him but at the same time they have lowered their asking price?

They have become like Madden, with no legit competition they can do or say what every they want, with little to no consequence

bored of education
04-24-2009, 03:10 PM
They have become like Madden, with no legit competition they can do or say what every they want, with little to no consequence

thats why we american football!

Ravens1991
04-24-2009, 03:11 PM
Tom Jackson said it looks like he is going to philly. Live on ESPN

T-RICH49
04-24-2009, 03:19 PM

QFT.(10 char)

nobodyinparticular
04-24-2009, 03:44 PM

If there are two players that are similar enough to compare, I would say it's Bowe and Boldin. I will admit that I haven't gotten the opportunity to watch every game of either player, but of the games that I've seen, they seem to have similar strengths.

That's not necessarily a bad thing considering that both are good WRs. At the end of the day, that's really what you want--good WRs. But if the Chiefs were to trade for Boldin, it would be easy to see Pioli as saying "complementary players be damned, I just wanted talented players."

Sniper
04-24-2009, 04:05 PM
Tom Jackson said it looks like he is going to philly. Live on ESPN

Please don't tease me like that. I just got tingly in my lower regions.

TitleTown088
04-24-2009, 04:10 PM
http://i34.tinypic.com/219c2gi.jpg

bored of education
04-24-2009, 04:17 PM
Please don't tease me like that. I just got tingly in my lower regions.

Sniper you love a good tease. You lil *****! :)

Brent
04-24-2009, 04:27 PM
As i said there is no truth to that rumor at all, ESPN has been terrible this offseason, they are getting as bad as PFT
I can see it now:

ESPN Producer 1: "How are we going to fill all this airtime?"
ESPN Producer 2: "Well, Boldin sounds like he's unhappy in Arizona, and several teams want a new WR... Maybe there are trades being discussed"
ESPN Producer 1: "Wouldn't shock me in the least!"
ESPN Producer 2: "Let's say we have a 'source'!"

Splat
04-24-2009, 04:34 PM
Cardinals Say They’re Unlikely To Trade Boldin (http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/04/24/cardinals-say-theyre-unlikely-to-trade-boldin/)

So the way this is going this means he will be traded before the sun goes down...

CC.SD
04-24-2009, 04:39 PM
Kurt probably threatened to retire.

TitanHope
04-24-2009, 04:44 PM
Just wait until news outlets start reporting on Twitter updates...

Ugh...

Primetime21
04-24-2009, 04:46 PM
Just wait until news outlets start reporting on Twitter updates...

Ugh...

Blogs and Twitter updates are more factual than half the **** ESPN fills its airtime with.

TitanHope
04-24-2009, 04:56 PM
Well, I just read a blitter that mentioned a Titans/Cardinals trade that would involve LenWhale and picks for Boldin.

So, fenikz is right. It's all balogna. Lol LenWhalez.

Splat
04-24-2009, 05:52 PM
Sources: Titans get permission for Boldin talks (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4096399)

"The Arizona Cardinals (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/clubhouse?team=ari) have granted the Tennessee Titans (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/clubhouse?team=ten) permission to talk to Anquan Boldin (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?playerId=4512)'s agent, Drew Rosenhaus, after the Titans offered the Cardinals a second-round pick from Saturday's draft and a player-to-be-named for the disgruntled receiver, sources told ESPN's Sal Paolantonio on Friday."

Geo
04-24-2009, 05:57 PM
That player could be Cortland Finnegan and it's still not worth it.

And I thought Arizona franchise tagging Dansby for two years was stupid, this would take the cake.

fenikz
04-24-2009, 06:02 PM
That player could be Cortland Finnegan and it's still not worth it.

And I thought Arizona franchise tagging Dansby for two years was stupid, this would take the cake.

why was tagging Dansby stupid?

OzTitan
04-24-2009, 06:03 PM
Boldin certainly has a few minor value diminishing traits - getting close to 30, possible health concerns, wants a lot of money, was across the field from Fitz etc - but a late 2nd and a player like LenDale White is silly.

Geo
04-24-2009, 06:05 PM
He's very good but nothing special, and imo you don't spend big money unless you're getting special.

TitanHope
04-24-2009, 06:07 PM
Ok, ESPN can mess with the NFC East fans, but what did Titans fans ever do to them?

CC.SD
04-24-2009, 06:21 PM
Boldin certainly has a few minor value diminishing traits - getting close to 30, possible health concerns, wants a lot of money, was across the field from Fitz etc - but a late 2nd and a player like LenDale White is silly.

I think you nailed it on the head, it has to be Lendale. That would obviously be a monster steal if it came together as anything close to LW+Titans 2nd.

fenikz
04-24-2009, 06:24 PM

anything less then Finnegan or Johnson is unacceptable

CashmoneyDrew
04-24-2009, 06:25 PM
anything less then Finnegan or Johnson is unacceptable

Keep dreaming.

fenikz
04-24-2009, 06:34 PM
Keep dreaming.

you too, a 2nd and lendale...

lol

Mr. Hero
04-24-2009, 06:44 PM
tough to believe the giants couldn't get this done with our first and a conditional 2010 pick. I guess they really do like Braylon more, or they're just waiting for Tennessee to set a price for Quan that they could either surpass or use against the browns.

TitanHope
04-24-2009, 06:46 PM
you too, a 2nd and lendale...

lol

I called it balogna, and Oz called it silly.

You're not seeing us holding our breath for that trade.

fenikz
04-25-2009, 06:05 AM
so basically everyone is coming out and saying that there is no truth at all to the 2nd rounder rumor now, glad i called this the 1st time i heard it

Ravens1991
04-25-2009, 01:33 PM
105.7 in baltimore claims he has 2 sources that if Ravens get Pettigrew at 26, they will send off Heap and a 2nd for Boldin. He said they already have the boldin trade set up.

coordinator0
04-25-2009, 01:35 PM
105.7 in baltimore claims he has 2 sources that if Ravens get Pettigrew at 26, they will send off Heap and a 2nd for Boldin. He said they already have the boldin trade set up.

Interesting, but I'll believe it when I see it. I wouldn't be too unhappy with that deal though because Heap is making 1/2 of what Boldin will want, and we will have 9 mil. coming off the books soon (Ogden and McNair). I think we will be able to afford him if we trade one of our larger contracts like Heap.

A Perfect Score
04-25-2009, 01:44 PM

If this happens, I will run naked through the streets screaming Pettiboldin

RaiderNation
04-25-2009, 01:49 PM
Come on Oakland.... trade a 2nd for him and go Monroe or Smith at 7. Our offense would be set, just every1 has to show up and play hard

Ravens1991
04-25-2009, 02:04 PM
Ya i am iffy about the trade. It would be ridiculous for Baltimore to not do it right now. IDC if Pettigrew isnt at our pick

coordinator0
04-25-2009, 02:07 PM
Ya i am iffy about the trade. It would be ridiculous for Baltimore to not do it right now. IDC if Pettigrew isnt at our pick

You must have a lot of faith in L.J. then, because I certainly do not. I think Cam's offense is much more effective when a good TE is on the field, and we wouldn't have one if we did this trade before knowing if Pettigrew is available.

Ravens1991
04-25-2009, 02:11 PM
I have faith in Quinn. Obviously he wont be a superstar and he doesnt have the potential of Pettigrew but Quinn can be a solid TE IMO. I would much rather prefer Maugala at 26 if he is there then Pettigrew.

A Perfect Score
04-25-2009, 02:21 PM
I have faith in Quinn. Obviously he wont be a superstar and he doesnt have the potential of Pettigrew but Quinn can be a solid TE IMO. I would much rather prefer Maugala at 26 if he is there then Pettigrew.

I agree for sure. Maualuga would be awesome. However I also think that this trade should be done already, bought and paid for. Heap? Really? The overrated overpaid Mormon? DO IT

ccB
04-25-2009, 02:21 PM
If that scenario happened I would probably die of a heart attack before I could see boldin and pettigrew in ravens jerseys.

M.O.T.H.
04-25-2009, 02:24 PM
But Heap isnt even good anymore and Warner normally has no interest in finding the TE, anyway. Sounds strange to me.

fenikz
04-25-2009, 03:09 PM
it's just a rumor made up by ravens fans

Ravens1991
04-25-2009, 03:13 PM
yea probably it is to good to be true for Baltimore.

Ravens1991
04-25-2009, 08:05 PM
lets see if a trade goes down when the Ravens get on the clock at 57. TENN and PHI are the other teams in the Boldin sweepstakes and they got WR in the draft

fenikz
04-26-2009, 01:22 AM
yah ill drop my chance of him being moved to 1%

with Beanie and Brown now we can cut Edge and Chike freeing up around 8 mil in cap space, about enough to extend one of Boldin, Dansby, Wilson, or Dockett

Brent
04-26-2009, 01:26 AM
enough to extend one of Boldin, Dansby, Wilson, or Dockett
ˇBastardos!

Gay Ork Wang
04-27-2009, 02:04 AM
apparently the Bears seriously tried to trade for Boldin

Mr. Hero
04-27-2009, 02:35 AM

That would probably have cemented as one of my favorite teams in the NFL outside of the giants. I'm going to care about them more than ever before just because I've been on Cutler's nuts since he was a prospect, but Boldin would've put them on par with the bills for me.

Monomach
04-27-2009, 04:18 PM

Not too seriously.

Everything I've read says that Angelo only offered the second rounder straight-up for him. That's kind of insulting, really.

Jensen
04-27-2009, 08:10 PM
According to the Cardinals, they fielded offers but they said in a couple press releases that there were no serious offers on the table. Either this means that not many teams wanted to bear the burden of trying to re-sign him or the Cardinals asking price was too high. I think this will hopefully be a wakeup call to Q that he won't get the kind of money he is asking for and will make it easier for the Cards to resign him. He's still got 2 years left on his contract I believe, who knows what will happen between that time.