PDA

View Full Version : Trade for Boldin

banetzdererste
04-16-2009, 01:08 AM
http://blogs.nfl.com/2009/04/15/cardinals-will-listen-to-trade-offers-for-wr-boldin/

We need a Receiver! Why not take a proven WR??

coordinator0
04-16-2009, 09:15 AM
Because he would want a ton of $ and a contract extension right away, and we need to re-sign Suggs, Gaither, and Ngata before we give a WR any $. However, a first round WR where we pick wouldn't cost all that much money.

banetzdererste
04-16-2009, 10:09 AM
Ok, Sounds understandable!

But a 1st Round Pick would cost lots of Money tooo

EdReedUnstoppable
04-16-2009, 11:22 AM
Well I'd love to see Boldin a Raven but his agent has eluded that he would want Larry Fitzgerald $ aka 10-12 million a year, and we can't afford that. At #26 a 1st rd WR would only cost about 2 million this year, and then escalate that by a couple mil over the following 4 years.

lordquas
04-16-2009, 11:29 AM
A 1st and a 3rd for Anquan?
I'd do it. He's safer than guessing on DHB or Kenny Britt as draft picks.
We'd still have 2nd and 4th round picks for an ILB, or DE.
Anquan would be the missing piece to a young offense and would compliment Clayton, and Mason perfectly.
Trade for Boldin, and draft Jarron Gilbert, and Frantz Joseph

BmoreBlackByrdz
04-16-2009, 04:23 PM
I'd take my chances with a DHB or Britt. They'd be cheaper and younger. Whereas boldin is 26 ad with his style of play I could see him start to slow down soon. I say keep our draft picks and the money and use it for our franchise players (I.e nagata gaither and suggs) then take a WR on the first.

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
04-16-2009, 04:28 PM
I'd take my chances with a DHB or Britt. They'd be cheaper and younger. Whereas boldin is 26 ad with his style of play I could see him start to slow down soon. I say keep our draft picks and the money and use it for our franchise players (I.e nagata gaither and suggs) then take a WR on the first.

What he said.

niel89
04-16-2009, 08:16 PM
I'd do it. Apparently we have looked into it per espn.

BmoreBlackByrdz
04-16-2009, 08:53 PM
There might be a legit chance at this happening. Despite what I said earlier, he's still a beast and gives us a great weapon, although I'd be bummed out that we have to give a first for him :(

According to Sun reporter Jamison Hensley, who broke the story, the Ravens are willing to pay first- and third-round picks for Boldin. Then they'll have to re-do his contract; that, after all, is the reason he's forcing his way out of Arizona.
Source: Baltimore Sun
http://weblogs.baltimoresun.com/sports/thetoydepartment/2009/04/boldin_would_be_a_bonanza_for.html

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
04-16-2009, 09:18 PM
I won't be mad if it happens because he is a beast but I just hope if we get him it doesn't effect us from signing our guys

SeanTaylorRIP
04-16-2009, 09:42 PM

Problem is if we get another Travis Taylor we will be pissed for not going after Anquan. That is even extreme, if we even draft just a Mark Clayton type performer will will be upset. The fact is we really are expecting our first rounder to develop into a stud WR which we disparately need but WR's in the draft. As long as it doesn't cost much more than a first and a third I want that guaranteed weapon for Flacco which he desperately needs. The longer we have to wait for the weapons to develop the more Flacco will suffer which could ultimately ruin his confidence. If we don't get Flacco formidable weapons asap he could be a broken down mentally QB before these WR's even come to fruition. With that said if we don't get him we still need to go wideout. After signing Foxworth and re-signing Rolle I would be in full support of taking 2 WR's with our first 3 picks as it's such a crap shoot you don't want to put all your marbles on one receiver.

ccB
04-16-2009, 09:43 PM
Yeah if we got our finances straight to re-sign the young guns, and get him without getting rid of Suggs I wouldn't mind it.

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
04-17-2009, 12:26 AM
http://blogs.nfl.com/2009/04/16/boldin-on-possible-trade-i-want-to-get-it-resolved/
8 different teams. I wonder what he have planned

coordinator0
04-17-2009, 08:59 AM
Problem is if we get another Travis Taylor we will be pissed for not going after Anquan. That is even extreme, if we even draft just a Mark Clayton type performer will will be upset. The fact is we really are expecting our first rounder to develop into a stud WR which we disparately need but WR's in the draft. As long as it doesn't cost much more than a first and a third I want that guaranteed weapon for Flacco which he desperately needs. The longer we have to wait for the weapons to develop the more Flacco will suffer which could ultimately ruin his confidence. If we don't get Flacco formidable weapons asap he could be a broken down mentally QB before these WR's even come to fruition. With that said if we don't get him we still need to go wideout. After signing Foxworth and re-signing Rolle I would be in full support of taking 2 WR's with our first 3 picks as it's such a crap shoot you don't want to put all your marbles on one receiver.

Flacco is going to need Gaither more than Boldin. Jared is a RFA after this year, I'd rather not let go of our best OL because we gave all of his money to a WR...

Ravens1991
04-17-2009, 11:47 AM
there are reports that there may be no cap in a upcoming year(I forget what year exactly). I could see Biscotti as a guy who throws $$$ to help the team.

banetzdererste
04-17-2009, 11:57 AM
http://myespn.go.com/blogs/afcnorth/0-2-375/Pros--cons-of-Boldin-to-Baltimore.html

there are talkings about the pros and contras of the Trade!

Seems this one could get interesting.
I wish we could bring him to baltimore!

Look at the Last Years where Moss or T.O. on our List but nothing happend!

(T.O. God thanks he didn't come to Baltimore!)

coordinator0
04-17-2009, 12:13 PM
there are reports that there may be no cap in a upcoming year(I forget what year exactly). I could see Biscotti as a guy who throws $$$ to help the team.

I have no doubt that he would be willing to give Q the $, but what happens when the cap comes back? (I suppose it wouldn't be out too long). We would be screwed.

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
04-17-2009, 12:21 PM
I have no doubt that he would be willing to give Q the $, but what happens when the cap comes back? (I suppose it wouldn't be out too long). We would be screwed.

Yea I think I heard it was just for a year. I say as long as we can resign Suggs/Gaither/Ngata I am ok with getting him. It's not worth messing up either our O-line/Pass rush/D-line IMO

America
04-17-2009, 02:38 PM
Way too much money for him. He's gonna want at least 8.5 million a year. At 26, we can get 5 years, 8.5 million for a wideout. We need to resign Suggs, Ngata, and Gaither.

Ravens1991
04-17-2009, 03:00 PM
Isnt he 28 years old.

coordinator0
04-17-2009, 03:07 PM
Isnt he 28 years old.

Yup, and he will be 29 in October.

ChewyRaven318
04-17-2009, 07:42 PM
My personal opinion? He's a bit of a diva, and I'd rather have a player who will work hard w/ Flacco to develop chemistry. That's something we'd more likely to get in the draft.

ravensfan3jt
04-17-2009, 09:54 PM
this was even announced on the ravens website

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/News/Articles/2009/04/Reports_-_Baltimore_Wants_Boldin.aspx

banetzdererste
04-18-2009, 02:09 AM
I Think the Eagles are out of the Race trade for Boldin!

The Giants want Edwards.
So let's see what happen.

lordquas
04-18-2009, 11:13 AM
This trade could happen on draft day, so there's still a lot of time to think about the decision.

PROS- He's a lot safer pick then developing a rookie. He would compliment Mason, Clayton, and Heap very well. Would make our offense soooo much better.

CONS- He's been injured in the past. He's expensive. He'll be 29. We'd also be loosing a 1st and 3rd, if thats what it is.

I'd love if we got him, mostly because he's dope and i've always wanted him on the Ravens. Baltimore would still have 2nd, 4th, 5th, and 6th round picks, where we can address DT, RT, ILB, and even a WR.
Imagine Anquan Boldin a Raven.
2nd- OT Troy Kropog
4th- DE Clinton McDonald
5th- ILB Frantz Joseph
6th- WR Greg Carr

I'd dig it

EdReedUnstoppable
04-19-2009, 01:59 AM
I'm now completely against this because Im supersticious and the last time we didn't have a 1st rd pick we had the worst draft in the history of the Baltimore Ravens!

BmoreBlackByrdz
04-19-2009, 02:45 PM
yeah, im slightly against it as well, but if it were to happen, I wouldn't be THAT upset. Afterall, he will instantly be the best WR to ever wear a Ravens uni.

ccB
04-19-2009, 02:51 PM
I am for it, as long as it doesn't mess up our ability to re-sign Gaither/Ngata/Suggs and doesn't include Suggs in the deal. I am not completely educated on the financial structure of the team so I don't know if we'd have the space to get all that done or not, it seems like we wouldn't because I'd imagine all three of those players would be getting big deals and you'd have to add on a big deal for Boldin. But I think adding Boldin to our pre-existing roster would make us a super bowl caliber team.

coordinator0
04-19-2009, 03:22 PM
I'm pretty sure we don't have the cap space to take on Boldin's CURRENT contract in a trade, so we'd have to cut/trade somebody.

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
04-19-2009, 03:25 PM
I'm pretty sure we don't have the cap space to take on Boldin's CURRENT contract in a trade, so we'd have to cut/trade somebody.

And like I said before I would rather have Suggs and draft a WR than to get Boldin and try to replace Suggs.

banetzdererste
04-19-2009, 03:39 PM
And like I said before I would rather have Suggs and draft a WR than to get Boldin and try to replace Suggs.

We Taged Suggs Two Times! And never come to an Extension!!
We shouldn't forget about this.

But, our Defense lost this year great players, and i don't want to lose another one!

So, i like to have him in Baltimore, but if the Price is too much high, we should stay and Draft an WR in the 1st and get another Travis Taylor
:eek:

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
04-19-2009, 03:55 PM
We Taged Suggs Two Times! And never come to an Extension!!
We shouldn't forget about this.

But, our Defense lost this year great players, and i don't want to lose another one!

So, i like to have him in Baltimore, but if the Price is too much high, we should stay and Draft an WR in the 1st and get another Travis Taylor
:eek:

Or we can draft WR and get our first Randy Moss

ChewyRaven318
04-19-2009, 05:42 PM
I'm now completely against this because Im supersticious and the last time we didn't have a 1st rd pick we had the worst draft in the history of the Baltimore Ravens!

That was a pretty awful draft..not to mention Ozzie has 2nd round disorder syndrome.

Ravens1991
04-19-2009, 06:11 PM
I think Rice will break that!!!!

Also he has a pretty good history of picking at 26. Granted we only picked there once

http://www.baltimoresun.com/media/photo/2009-02/45048506.jpg

Smokey Joe
04-19-2009, 06:17 PM
I don't see Suggs sticking around with you guys after this season. Afterall, you've franchised him twice and haven't been able to come to an agreement on an extension. I think that indicates Suggs wants to hit the open market, and once he does that, he's gonna get a BIG contract.

I think you guys should definitely go after Boldin. There's no guarantee that anyone you draft does ****, but you know Boldin will put up all-pro numbers and vastly imrpove your offense.

TACKLE
04-19-2009, 06:17 PM
I'd been on board for a trade. I understand that the contract is an issue but the Ravens are in a position to win now. I think a WR like Boldin would help push them over the top. Plus I'll take Boldin any day over Britt/DHB/Nicks/Harvin. If those guys hit their peak, they might be almost as good as Boldin. I just think he's too talented to pass up.

Ravens1991
04-19-2009, 06:49 PM
I think it has to be a on the clock trade. I am nervous it puts us in cap hell. But if he brings us to a superbowl it would be worth it.

America
04-19-2009, 07:06 PM
I think Rice will break that!!!!

Also he has a pretty good history of picking at 26. Granted we only picked there once

http://www.baltimoresun.com/media/photo/2009-02/45048506.jpg

hahaha i've never seen that picture.

I'm not a big fan of the trade, mostly because of Bolding making us break the bank for an almost 29 year old receiver who's always dinged up. I just don't see him putting up huge numbers in our offense.

coordinator0
04-19-2009, 07:12 PM
I'd been on board for a trade. I understand that the contract is an issue but the Ravens are in a position to win now. I think a WR like Boldin would help push them over the top. Plus I'll take Boldin any day over Britt/DHB/Nicks/Harvin. If those guys hit their peak, they might be almost as good as Boldin. I just think he's too talented to pass up.

Win now is not greater than keeping Ngata and Gaither in the future.

TACKLE
04-19-2009, 07:55 PM
Win now is not greater than keeping Ngata and Gaither in the future.

I know 2010 could be uncapped but how much under the cap are they?

coordinator0
04-19-2009, 08:09 PM
I know 2010 could be uncapped but how much under the cap are they?

We are about 5 mil. under the cap as it is. I think we would have to trade somebody to get Boldin, or cut someone just before. Even if 2010 is uncapped, we would be ****** for when the cap comes back.

ravensfan3jt
04-19-2009, 08:45 PM
just wondering can anyone explain how the uncapped capped stuff works?

ccB
04-19-2009, 11:39 PM
Apparently, 105.7 radio is reporting that John Clayton says the Ravens are the front runners to get Boldin in a deal that involves Willis McGahee + draft pick (s).

Also from what I've read the talks started out with Suggs for Boldin straight up, but we turned that down, then the Cards offered Boldin for our 1st and 3rd, but this is the first time I've heard about Willis being included.

America
04-20-2009, 12:50 AM
Apparently, 105.7 radio is reporting that John Clayton says the Ravens are the front runners to get Boldin in a deal that involves Willis McGahee + draft pick (s).

Also from what I've read the talks started out with Suggs for Boldin straight up, but we turned that down, then the Cards offered Boldin for our 1st and 3rd, but this is the first time I've heard about Willis being included.

Willis' huge contract might be an issue if it eats up a lot of space. Rice had better be ready to step up if that happens, but I'd be all for it.

ccB
04-20-2009, 12:52 AM
Willis' huge contract might be an issue if it eats up a lot of space. Rice had better be ready to step up if that happens, but I'd be all for it.

Another rumor is our 1st and Todd Heap for Boldin. Fenikz (NFLDC user) said AZ radio stations are reporting a rumored deal involving Ray Rice as well. Whatever happens it looks like we are the front runners to land Boldin, if he goes anywhere that is.

banetzdererste
04-20-2009, 07:22 AM

Sounds good, On Madden 2009 i did the same!
Trade Willis and a 1st Round Pick to the Cardinals :D

ChefMike
04-20-2009, 08:17 AM
I don't see Suggs sticking around with you guys after this season. Afterall, you've franchised him twice and haven't been able to come to an agreement on an extension. I think that indicates Suggs wants to hit the open market, and once he does that, he's gonna get a BIG contract.

I think you guys should definitely go after Boldin. There's no guarantee that anyone you draft does ****, but you know Boldin will put up all-pro numbers and vastly imrpove your offense.

You clearly don't know much about the Ravens.. Suggs isn't leaving he wants to stay here and likes playing with Ray.

As for drafting I think of all the Teams in the NFL we draft better then any other Team. We get good value out of just about every pick we make.

I do agree we should be out to get Boldin but not at the expense of jeopardizing the future he is 29.

ChefMike
04-20-2009, 08:20 AM
If Willis is in the deal we are in good shape..and I think that would be a steal.. but it does mean we are drafting a RB early in the draft... Rice is good and Le'Ron is great but we need another home run hitter in the backfield...

coordinator0
04-20-2009, 10:43 AM

Holy ****! Now that is a deal I could live with. Boldin's contract would kinda be close to what McGahee's is, and there fore it wouldn't affect what we do in the future so much. McGahee + a 2nd wouldn't be too bad.

I also could see the Heap deal going down. It almost seems like a perfect fit (he also went to ASU like Suggs) for both Heap and ARI. Heap's contract isn't quite at McGahee's level, but it would at least cancel out about half of Boldin's wants.

Ravens1991
04-20-2009, 01:48 PM
I agree jump all over that. McGahee and a 2nd. I doubt it happens but if it would work we gotta do that in a heart beat!!!!!

Ravens1991
04-20-2009, 02:00 PM
whats so funny? or are you just being a troll???

ccB
04-20-2009, 02:01 PM
whats so funny? or are you just being a troll???

He's trolling

Geo
04-20-2009, 02:01 PM
To be fair, the idea that McGahee and a late 2nd round pick could get Anquan Boldin is a laugh.

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
04-20-2009, 02:02 PM
He is worried the Ravens might get Boldin

ccB
04-20-2009, 02:03 PM
He is worried the Ravens might get Boldin

Nah he posted that in about 3-4 threads already.

brat316
04-20-2009, 02:05 PM
ahha yeah, damn you geo for deleting them.

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
04-20-2009, 02:05 PM
Nah he posted that in about 3-4 threads already.

I know I have seen them. I was just making a joke ******

ccB
04-20-2009, 02:06 PM
I know I have seen them. I was just making a joke ******

Don't make me personally attack you *****.

Ravens1991
04-20-2009, 02:06 PM
ahha yeah, damn you geo for deleting them.

I deleted it because it was a troll attempt. If you post what was so funny then I wouldnt have done it.

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
04-20-2009, 02:09 PM
Don't make me personally attack you *****.

Oh yea I forgot that you're not in another state!!!!!

ChefMike
04-20-2009, 02:19 PM
No way that Arizona takes McGahee and a 2nd?! I think its going to be a 1st and McGahee. That way we can sign fit him under the cap then we take a RB in the 3rd... and draft BPA in the 2nd...

BmoreBlackByrdz
04-20-2009, 05:34 PM
What about Todd Heap + Willis McGahee and a 2nd or 3rd? McGahee and a 2nd isn't enough for a superstar like Boldin, but throw Heap in there and I think its a good deal, favoring us though. Arizona gets Todd Heap, Willis McGahee and a 2nd rounder, we get Anquan Boldin. We lose McGahee's huge contract, but add Anquan's, which might be a bit bigger, but its worth it since he will have a much bigger impact on our offense.

Still kinda upset that if we do end up with Anquan, no matter how, it's gonna make it real hard for us to re-sign Ngata, Gaither, and Suggs. If it comes to that, I'd rather us take a chance on Britt, Nicks or Heyward-Bey and save the money to re-sign our current franchse studs.
Basically-

Suggs, Gaither, Ngata, draft pick WR > Anquan Boldin

Ravens1991
04-20-2009, 05:35 PM
I have seen Heap McGahee and Boldin rumors. But sunspot.net reports ARI wont change there 1st and a 3rd asking price. We do refuse to do that so we will see...

SeanTaylorRIP
04-20-2009, 05:39 PM
You know I love Boldin but if the Cards want more than a 1st, 3rd, and the max a 2010 3rd I don't think we should move. Honestly the skins did it last year and while it isn't clear if it has worked yet, I wouldn't mind if the Ravens say take DHB or Nicks in the first round and trade up to the start of round 2 to grab Nicks. To trade up we would only have to give up our 3rd at max and possibly lees and end up with 2 quality WR"s for much less than we would have to trade to get Boldin. Again though Boldin is instant and guaranteed production vs. potential.

BmoreBlackByrdz
04-20-2009, 06:42 PM
True, but how long will he give us that "garunteed production" He plays like a mad bull and has a history of injuries. Plus he will be turning 29 midway through the season. I say the best offer we could give them is Heap, McGahee and a 2nd, but they'll turn it down. In the end, I say he re-signs with Arizona...

ChefMike
04-21-2009, 07:14 AM
No way he resigns he wants to be the #1 guy on a Team... of course he wants big $$$ but he really wants to "THE GUY" which we offer him plus the opportunity to win.

Heap and McGahee plus our 2nd and 3rd might make it happen... and I wouldn't be opposed to that...

Got to remember Arizona has an aging QB so taking on Veterans who can play is not a bad position for the Cardinals. They would instantly have a great Offensive lineup with Heap, McGahee, Fitzgerald, Warner and Hightower. Not a bad lineup.. to team with Breaston and Pope and Doucet. They would be adding a ton to the team. Plus with adding 2 1st round picks would also add a lot to the cap this year... something they might be against doing.

lordquas
04-21-2009, 10:09 AM
I dont understand why Willis and a second is so out of the question?
Willis McGahee and a 1st round pick, is a legit offer.

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
04-21-2009, 11:44 AM
I dont understand why Willis and a second is so out of the question?
Willis McGahee and a 1st round pick, is a legit offer.

It would be nice to be able to trade for Boldin and keep our 1st round pick and some how get Ray Maualuga.

ccB
04-21-2009, 11:47 AM
It would be nice to be able to trade for Boldin and keep our 1st round pick and some how get Ray Maualuga.

That is an unlikely scenario but god would that be a dream come true for me. I love Rey, he is the perfect fit into our defense, he has that swagger about him that would have us instantly forgetting about Bart Scott.

ChefMike
04-22-2009, 07:09 AM
I agree but I don't think Rey will be there that late in the 1st... if he is it would be the steal of the draft plus us potentially getting Boldin. Holy S we would be a beast!!!!!!!

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
04-22-2009, 07:45 AM
I agree but I don't think Rey will be there that late in the 1st... if he is it would be the steal of the draft plus us potentially getting Boldin. Holy S we would be a beast!!!!!!!

If there was a way to get Boldin and trade up to get Rey that would be awesome. I love to dream

BmoreBlackByrdz
04-22-2009, 01:47 PM
According to some sources. Arizona has lowered the asking price for Boldin from a 1st and a 3rd, to a 1st and a player. I see some good to this, but some bad as well. Right now, I just want us to stay put.

Ravens1991
04-22-2009, 01:54 PM
I dont want to lose our 1st no matter what. But if we can get Boldin somehow w/o giving up my 1st then we end up w/ Rey OMG that would be awesome. There is no team in the NFL that will even think of running up the middle against us!!!!!

ccB
04-22-2009, 01:54 PM
I think Arizonas asking price will steadily drop, I mean, the Jets might be trading up to try and get a QB, the Giants are after Braylon, the Eagles only have 1 first round pick left. They are running out of options and the bridge might be burned beyond repair for them to try and keep him. It should be interesting to see what happens, I really think this will be a draft day trade and wouldn't be surprised to see a team come out of nowhere to land him.

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
04-22-2009, 01:57 PM
http://weblogs.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/blog/2009/04/cardinals_address_boldin_trade_talk.html

mikedoobie
04-22-2009, 04:02 PM
http://www.baltimoreravens.com/News/Articles/2009/04/Reports_-_Holt_off_table_Boldin_too.aspx

a first and heap sounds likea great idea. Heap has had all his bonuses and stuff paid making him easier to trade cap wise and would take a chunk off our salary, but im still iffy about wether this would allow for the signing of suggs, gaither and ngata.

America
04-22-2009, 04:27 PM
I like the 1st and Heap a lot. But I still would prefer drafting a young wideout. He'd sign for around 5 years, 8-9 million at most. I'd rather put big money on our own guys than a wideout who plays the way Anquan does going on 29.

What do yall think of Brian Robiskie? His stock is rising fast, maybe we could trade down to the top of the 2nd and take him there. He's a sure thing in my mind and could be a great dependable receiver for a long time.

Ravens1991
04-22-2009, 04:33 PM
I like him as a prospect, but IDK if he is the right fit for us.

jkpigskin
04-22-2009, 10:51 PM
half of me wants boldin.. his toughness and playmaking ability is enticing
the other half is wary of his attitude and the fact that heyward bey's ceiling is mouth watering and tempting

ChefMike
04-24-2009, 05:59 AM
What if we just offered up our 2nd and 3rd staight up for Boldin?? Rather than one pick and a player? Or Heap, McGahee and a 3rd for Boldin?

banetzdererste
04-24-2009, 08:25 AM
Ok, let's Focus on tomorrow!
I don't think the Trade will happen. So let's pick our WR in the 1st Round!!

mikedoobie
04-24-2009, 10:53 AM
ha, agreed but if it does happen ill be pshyced.
ok who do you guys think will be the best value at our pick come the draft
I think there will be solid value at CBs and WRs and i hope either DHB or Vontae drop. If not imo i think Britt would be a great choice. And i would cream myself if we get Pettigrew
if we trade back i hope we go after Sean Smith, and pray for a reciever like Robiskie being there with our second

SeanTaylorRIP
04-24-2009, 01:42 PM
ESPN they just said the Cardinals have significantly lowered their asking price and are now willing to take just a 2nd rounder and other pieces. However the only teams involved in negotiations are the Jets, Giants, and Eagles. I'd be pissed if he went for cheap. If all we would have to give is the 26th pick, we'd be nuts not to give it.

Ravens1991
04-24-2009, 01:46 PM
ya I am pissed that we are not in the talks for a 2nd and other pieces.

ccB
04-24-2009, 02:11 PM
ESPN they just said the Cardinals have significantly lowered their asking price and are now willing to take just a 2nd rounder and other pieces. However the only teams involved in negotiations are the Jets, Giants, and Eagles. I'd be pissed if he went for cheap. If all we would have to give is the 26th pick, we'd be nuts not to give it.

If we could somehow get away with sending, Heap and a 2nd rounder for Boldin, use the 1st rounder on Pettigrew/Maualuga, I would need a new pair of pants.

SeanTaylorRIP
04-24-2009, 02:17 PM
If we could somehow get away with sending, Heap and a 2nd rounder for Boldin, use the 1st rounder on Pettigrew/Maualuga, I would need a new pair of pants.

Hell I have no problem giving a 2nd rounder, Heap, and next years 2nd. BTW if next year is truly uncapped I wouldn't have as much as a problem with giving up future picks this year. We could fill needs in Free agency.

Ravens1991
04-24-2009, 02:18 PM
ya if Heap and a 2nd can get him to Baltimore. We gotta do that immediately!!!!

ccB
04-24-2009, 02:20 PM
ya if Heap and a 2nd can get him to Baltimore. We gotta do that immediately!!!!

Yeah thats a big if though, wonder what the other teams are offering.

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
04-24-2009, 02:21 PM
Yeah thats a big if though, wonder what the other teams are offering.

Eagles might do 2nd and Sheldon Brown since he wants to be traded.

coordinator0
04-24-2009, 02:22 PM
It doesn't matter how much they are asking for him, we simply can't afford Boldin right now w/ or w/o a new contract.

ccB
04-24-2009, 02:23 PM
It doesn't matter how much they are asking for him, we simply can't afford Boldin right now w/ or w/o a new contract.

I've read that we can, can't remember where but someone broke down how it would be possible to.

coordinator0
04-24-2009, 02:28 PM
I've read that we can, can't remember where but someone broke down how it would be possible to.

We have 1.5 mil. remaining right now, the only way I would be able to see it happening is to trade Heap and cut somebody else. IDK if I see the FO giving up multiple players for a WR...

BmoreBlackByrdz
04-24-2009, 02:36 PM
how about trading McGahee and Heap AND a 2nd rounder? Both guys have big contracts. If we get Boldin, trade Heap and McGahee, and still have our first, it'd be awesome. We could then actually take the BPa, which might be Chris Wells. I've always been a fan of his and he'd be amazing in our offense.

coordinator0
04-24-2009, 02:39 PM
how about trading McGahee and Heap AND a 2nd rounder? Both guys have big contracts. If we get Boldin, trade Heap and McGahee, and still have our first, it'd be awesome. We could then actually take the BPa, which might be Chris Wells. I've always been a fan of his and he'd be amazing in our offense.

We can't cut or trade McGahee. It would cost us 11.25 mil. against the cap this year alone.

http://ravens24x7.com/column_view.php?cid=13&id=3403&view=archive

Plus even if the Cardinals wanted McGahee, the Ravens canít afford to part with him. No, that is not a typo. The Ravens cannot afford to trade Willie Mac. If they did the team would be hit with a staggering $11.25 million charge against their cap and if you havenít looked at the Ravens cap status lately, they have but a fraction of that available ($1.5 million).

lordquas
04-24-2009, 04:25 PM
All this Todd Heap hate

Ravens1991
04-25-2009, 01:28 PM
105.7 reports if Pettigrew is there at 26 we take him, then we already have a deal in place that send a 2nd and heap 2 arizona