PDA

View Full Version : IF the Vikes Go Corner in Round 1, Who ya got?

hagy34
04-16-2009, 02:01 AM
So we are sitting there at 22 and you know CB is the pick. Who ya got?

General Zod
04-16-2009, 07:07 AM
Well, youd have to take Malcom Jenkins if he was there, but he wont be.

Im still going with my man Alphonso Smith. I know that it may seem like a reach with our first round pick, and I highly doubt we will even go corner on the first day. Alphonso is a playmaker and whoever drafts him wont be sorry. If the guy was 2 inches taller he would be in the top 15. Remember when everyone said that Antoine Winfield was to short? :-)

vikes_28
04-16-2009, 08:26 AM
Alphanso is a baller.

marshallb
04-16-2009, 08:28 AM
Well, youd have to take Malcom Jenkins if he was there, but he wont be.

Im still going with my man Alphonso Smith. I know that it may seem like a reach with our first round pick, and I highly doubt we will even go corner on the first day. Alphonso is a playmaker and whoever drafts him wont be sorry. If the guy was 2 inches taller he would be in the top 15. Remember when everyone said that Antoine Winfield was to short? :-)

I agree 100%. I love Smith and would love it if we traded down into the early 2nd and took him there.

BlueBandit24
04-16-2009, 10:56 AM
Voted Smith as well. 22 would probably be considered a "reach", but if we could trade down and get him, as mentioned above, I would be thrilled. I think he is going to be a playmaker in the NFL.

Crazy_Chris
04-16-2009, 02:59 PM
Malcolm is almost assured to be gone by our pick if not he's definatly the guy. But since he won't be there Vontae Davis would be the guy, depending on how his visit with the vikes went.

The Dynasty
04-16-2009, 04:07 PM
I would take Alphonso Smith. It might be a reach now but He is a true playmaker. He is a ballhawk and has the ability to take it to the house.

But I really doubt a CB in the 1st round. I expect a OT like Britton or Oher(if there) and WR like Nicks and Britt.

Kid_Ego
04-16-2009, 04:20 PM
I think We take Nicks
Britt will remin childress too much of terrelle
Oher we already have one over rated tackle who cant maintain his weight
Britton would be a nice choice but only if we trade down.
Corner Back seems too much like a luxury when we have chances to improve our team.

Crazy_Chris
04-16-2009, 05:04 PM
I don't really agree that CB is too much a luxury pick especially compared to WR. There is a definate need at CB Winfield isn't getting younger and no one has a garunteed future with the and is currently locked up long term other than Cedric Griffin. we have 2 solid starters then a bunch of guys who are dime backs. Execpt Charles Gordon he could potentially be a good nickel back or starter but he was injured pretty badly so it's yet to be known how well he will respond.

A CB would more than likely improve our nickel situation right away. Which is important with our team, since opposing teams so often try to spread us out and attack through the passing game rather than running. While at the same time allowing a succesor to be groomed for Antione Winfield AND also he would be insurance incase they can't get him extended for a couple years or if his play declines at any point.

I agree CB is a luxury pick compared to RT which we desperatly need. Both CB an WR would be a luxury pick to me but the Vikings are in the position to make that luxury pick. CB is definatly less of a luxury pick than a WR, which very rarely produce much in their rookie years. Take the best player available at a position of need at #22 and if it's a CB so be it take him.

BGB
04-16-2009, 06:02 PM
If it's not Malcom Jenkins or Darrius Butler then it better not be a CB in round 1. We will easily be able to land DJ Moore in the 2nd round.

hagy34
04-16-2009, 08:01 PM
I think some guys are missing the point. I wasn't saying we should take a corner or even that we will in round 1, I don't think we will. It was a simple question about who would you want us to take....

General Zod
04-16-2009, 10:54 PM
I like Alphonso Smith so much, I wouldnt be upset if we took him with our first pick. Yeah some may see it as a reach, but I think he'd be worth it.