TwOne
03-07-2007, 03:36 PM
1. CJ
2. LaRon Landry
3. Amobi Okoye

thats all i care about lol

etk
03-07-2007, 03:54 PM
Whoa too much Brady Quinn love. He will be a great QB but it seems like you guys have forgotten how good Simms still is. CK16 knows what I'm talking about.

To remind you all, we do have needs-QB isn't one of them.

Tampa 2 4 life
03-07-2007, 04:16 PM
1: CJ
2: Adams
3:Landry
4: Thomas
5: Branch
6: Okoye
7: Anderson

Booger
03-07-2007, 04:21 PM
1. Joe Thomas
2. Calvin Johnson
3. Brady Quinn
4. Gaines Adams
5. Laron Landry

As far as Quinn goes, he is a definite improvement over Simms, who is likely relegated to back-up for the next two years. This is hopefully as high as we pick for the near future, and this may be our shot at a true "Franchise" QB. Simms would likely fetch a day 1 pick in a trade.

Booger
03-07-2007, 04:22 PM
Post your big board

1. Calvin Johnson
2. LaRon Landry
3. Jamaal Anderson
4. Joe Thomas
5. Alan Branch
6. Amobi Okoye
7. Brandon Meriweather
8. Chris Houston
9. Gaines Adams
10. Ryan Kalil

So if we picked 7th overall, you would want to take Meriweather?

I assume not, but isnt that what a big board is?

etk
03-07-2007, 04:26 PM
So if we picked 7th overall, you would want to take Meriweather?

I assume not, but isnt that what a big board is?

Yes I would. It's rankings of the top players you want for your team. His consensus value might not be higher than late first round, but he is the 7th bets player for our team IMO. Same deal with Kalil. If you think a 7th round prospect is better than anyone else, he could be in your top 10 too.

ks_perfection
03-07-2007, 05:59 PM
1. CJ
2. Thomas
3. Gaines
4. Quinn - Simms is a decent QB at best, you can't say Simms is great or Gruden wouldn't have brought in 2 old veteran mediocre QBs.
5. Landry
6. Oko
7. Anderson
8. Branch

For teams draft board would they also put a score next to each player? Because slots alone doesn't accuratly reflect how each player rates to the others. Theres only 1 difference between CJ and Thomas, and between Anderson and Branch but theres a much bigger diffence in skill for 1-2 than 7-8.

Canadian_kid16
03-07-2007, 06:18 PM
1. Gaines
2. Thomas
3. CJ
4. Okoye
5. Quinn
6. Anderson
7. Branch
8. Landry
9. Levi Brown
10. Kalil

etk
03-07-2007, 06:51 PM
1. Gaines
2. Thomas
3. CJ
4. Okoye
5. Quinn
6. Anderson
7. Branch
8. Landry
9. Levi Brown
10. Kalil

That's pretty high for Thomas & Brown considering the signing of Petitgout. We don't need 3 young tackles.

Beans
03-07-2007, 07:14 PM
CJ
Amobi Okoye
That's it for the first round, really.

Booger
03-07-2007, 07:52 PM
That's pretty high for Thomas & Brown considering the signing of Petitgout. We don't need 3 young tackles.

Who is the 3rd? Petitgout?

Joe Thomas would be an outstanding selection, and if he is good enough to start day 1, Petitgout could play LG.

etk
03-07-2007, 08:05 PM
Buenning is a fine LG, and the three young tackles would be Davis, Trueblood & Thomas/Brown. You could make it four if you count Chris Colmer. The point is that we are not gonna take any LTs at all this year. Petitgout and Davis make up that spot, but we still have a hole at RT behind Trueblood after releasing Kenyatta. Obviously we could upgrade our tackles, but if you think from a realistic draft standpoint, that won't happen. We are not gonna pass up any of the main 4 D-Linemen for a LT. If we did draft a LT, we would have to cut Davis who was our starter all of last year and he is young so it makes no sense.

Chucky
03-07-2007, 09:10 PM
i think of thomas was available at 4 we would try and get as much as we could out of a team like arizona, and move back

Caddy
03-07-2007, 10:28 PM
Yes I would. It's rankings of the top players you want for your team. His consensus value might not be higher than late first round, but he is the 7th bets player for our team IMO. Same deal with Kalil. If you think a 7th round prospect is better than anyone else, he could be in your top 10 too.

I think the point of a 1st round draft boad is for players that you intend on picking with your 1st pick in the draft. You realistically wouldn't have 7th round prospects in your 1st round big board, and all the Bucs really need is 4 players in their list.

Merlin
03-08-2007, 01:56 AM
1a - CJ
1b - Quinn
I'm finding it difficult to choose? CJ is obviously an incredable talent, but looking at the current situation, to allow Quinn to sit behind Garcia for a year, would IMO, be the perfect synario for the future of our franchise.

3 - Thomas

The three above are who I would pick using our #4 over all pick in the 1st.

If we traded down.

4 - Okoye
5 - Adams
6 - Landry
7 - Brown
8 - Anderson

Caddy
03-08-2007, 02:22 AM
Brady Quinn could potentially be the franchise QB the Buccaneers franchise has never really had, but with Grudens coaching future undetermined I am unsure of how it would work out.

etk
03-08-2007, 10:48 AM
1b - Quinn
I'm finding it difficult to choose? CJ is obviously an incredable talent, but looking at the current situation, to allow Quinn to sit behind Garcia for a year, would IMO, be the perfect synario for the future of our franchise.

Goddamit Chris Simms is the future of our franchise. Our line has improved and as long as he stays healthy he will be solid all year and he will get an extension. If we draft CJ I will go as far as to say he will be a Pro Bowler. If Romo can be one despite having a couple bad games and missing a few others, Simms can. In the long run Quinn will be better, but by how much?. Having Simms & CJ is a lot better than Quinn & Clayton, I think you all can agree on that.

Bucsfan
03-08-2007, 11:59 AM
1.Calvin Johnson
2.Joe Thomas
3.Brady Quinn
4.Amobi Okoye
5.Laron Landry
6.Jaamal Anderson
7.Gaines Adams
8.Eric Weddle (for a 2nd rounder)
9.Ryan Kalil
10.Chris Houston

Bucsfan
03-08-2007, 12:02 PM
Goddamit Chris Simms is the future of our franchise. Our line has improved and as long as he stays healthy he will be solid all year and he will get an extension. If we draft CJ I will go as far as to say he will be a Pro Bowler. If Romo can be one despite having a couple bad games and missing a few others, Simms can. In the long run Quinn will be better, but by how much?. Having Simms & CJ is a lot better than Quinn & Clayton, I think you all can agree on that.

if you think simms is the future of the franchise, then you know nothing about this team

Simms obviously doesnt fit into our system, we need a little more mobile QB that has more than one skill of just chucking the ball down the field, if CJ and JT were gone, I would love for us to pick up Quinn

Simms is not the future, sorry to break it to yeah, but unless our offensive scheme changes he doesnt fit here

etk
03-08-2007, 12:15 PM
if you think simms is the future of the franchise, then you know nothing about this team

Simms obviously doesnt fit into our system, we need a little more mobile QB that has more than one skill of just chucking the ball down the field, if CJ and JT were gone, I would love for us to pick up Quinn

Simms is not the future, sorry to break it to yeah, but unless our offensive scheme changes he doesnt fit here

Mhm I know nothing about this team......you are ********

We drafted him because he fits our system. His mobility is fine, and we need our QBs to chuck the ball down the field, that's why Gradkowski was so disappointing. You know nothing about this team, because you have no clue what our "system" is, and you have no clue who Chris Simms is. As a young QB he got thrown into the fire and played admirably two years ago behind one of the worst lines with basically one target to throw to. He led us to the playoffs in a tough division and played well against the Redskins. It's not his fault that those passes were tipped or that Edell Shepherd can't catch, but you probably wouldn't know that because you have probably never even seen a Bucs game live. Chris Simms has all the tools needed to be a great QB, and with an improved supporting cast he will make idiots like you eat your words. Why do you think that even after his spleen injury we brought him back? Why do you think teams have been inquiring constantly about trading for him for the past 2 years? Because he is the future of our franchise.

Sorry to break it to ya, but you know nothing about this team or the game of football.

Booger
03-08-2007, 12:59 PM
We drafted him because he fits our system. His mobility is fine, and we need our QBs to chuck the ball down the field, that's why Gradkowski was so disappointing. You know nothing about this team, because you have no clue what our "system" is, and you have no clue who Chris Simms is. As a young QB he got thrown into the fire and played admirably two years ago behind one of the worst lines with basically one target to throw to. He led us to the playoffs in a tough division and played well against the Redskins. It's not his fault that those passes were tipped or that Edell Shepherd can't catch, but you probably wouldn't know that because you have probably never even seen a Bucs game live. Chris Simms has all the tools needed to be a great QB, and with an improved supporting cast he will make idiots like you eat your words. Why do you think that even after his spleen injury we brought him back? Why do you think teams have been inquiring constantly about trading for him for the past 2 years? Because he is the future of our franchise.

Chris Simms was a Rich McKay draft selection, not a Jon Gruden pick. I have heard reports that Gruden wanted Brian Westbrook at that selection (no link, not confirmed by any means).

Throwing the deep ball is not a big requirement of Grudens offense, it is far more important to be accurate and quick on your reads (two things that Simms has struggled with).

While Chris Simms played well in 2005, he was arguably the worst starting QB in the NFL during the time he played last season.

How is it not his fault that passes get tipped? Some of it lies on the shoulders of the OL, but Simms gets some blame for sure. And to bring up the Edell Shephard play, yes Shephard dropped the first pass, but Simms missed him wide-open on the next play.

The Bucs obviously like him, and actually so do I. But there are clearly big question marks surrounding him, hence the two year deal loaded with performance incentives. Not only will he not be a Pro Bowl QB this season, but I dont think that he will even be the starter.

Simms has a rocket arm, but he needs to be quicker on his reads/check downs. He has a bad tendency to stare down his intended receiver (part of the reason for knock downs). I hope that you are right, and he beats out Garcia, and becomes the staple at QB we have long desired. I was a lot more confident in Simms going into last season than I am today.

If JT and CJ are gone, I would take a long look at Quinn. As you said, there is a trade market for Simms, and he could be dealt.

Merlin
03-08-2007, 02:00 PM
Goddamit, I would also add, that it seems very strange to me, that we should only re-sign our future QB for two years...lols

Simms is a back-up at best!

Caddy
03-08-2007, 02:24 PM
etk if you think Simms fits the west coast offense you have been slightly misinformed. The west coast offense relies more on accuracy rather than the ability to throw the deep ball, which is more along the lines of Simms.

In regards to Simms/Quinn, I still have hope that Simms becomes our starting QB. He has proven he can done it before, and hopefully he can do it again.

etk
03-08-2007, 03:45 PM
etk if you think Simms fits the west coast offense you have been slightly misinformed. The west coast offense relies more on accuracy rather than the ability to throw the deep ball, which is more along the lines of Simms.

In regards to Simms/Quinn, I still have hope that Simms becomes our starting QB. He has proven he can done it before, and hopefully he can do it again.

The West Coast offense is very complicated and precise, which is why we all have to understand how hard it is for a young QB to succeed in it. Accuracy is a skill that develops in time, and making quick reads is a skill that most QBs don't have until they are about 28. Chris Simms is 26 years old. His accuracy is not great but it is constantly improving and you can be sure that Gruden will help him quicken his reads. The injury really set him back because this year could have been a major step in growth, but instead his development went backward. Even if Simms still has some early struggles, we have Garcia to rely on and his experience in the system is invaluable. Garcia can hold the fort if he has to, long enough for Simms to improve and develop.

Brady Quinn has a similar skillset to Simms, but he is a lot better coming out of college. It would probably take 3 years for Quinn to succeed in our offense because of the factors that many of you previously stated. By that time, I expect Simms to be in the process of mastering our offense.

On a different note, many of you have claimed that we should take a long look at Quinn if CJ is gone. We need a UT and DE very badly, so it's almost unthinkable for us to add another QB. I would say the same about drafting a WR, except CJ is a once in a lifetime prospect. Quinn isn't even the best QB in this years draft. Not only is there a huge bust factor with QBs, but it's even harder for a young QB to succeed in Gruden's WCO.

We can analyze the situation all we want, but as Bucs fans we need to put some trust in Simms and trust our coach to help him succeed. Hoping that we draft Quinn basically implies that one wants our franchise to "start over", and I don't think that is the case. Improving our pass rush and drafting CJ will make us a contender, drafting a QB will make us rebuild.

Here's Simms' profile before the draft. Most of his weaknesses have already been corrected, but take a look at his stats and progressions from high school to the pros. His combine numbers are there too. 4.84 is far from slow where I'm from.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/profiles/simms_chris

ks_perfection
03-08-2007, 04:44 PM
If the Raiders go with CJ they will desperatly need a QB and we should be able to get something good in return for trading Simms than draft Brady Quiinn.

etk
03-08-2007, 04:52 PM
If the Raiders go with CJ they will desperatly need a QB and we should be able to get something good in return for trading Simms than draft Brady Quiinn.

I'm definitely down with getting Quinn if we get good value in return for Simms.

Caddy
03-08-2007, 10:07 PM
I'm definitely down with getting Quinn if we get good value in return for Simms.

What does everybody think we could get for Simms.

A 3rd?

Merlin
03-08-2007, 11:54 PM
A 3rd? maybe at a push IMO, though if we traded him to a team, "mid-season", who had just lost their starting QB, a 3rd would surly be realistic.

etk
03-09-2007, 01:18 PM
A 3rd? maybe at a push IMO, though if we traded him to a team, "mid-season", who had just lost their starting QB, a 3rd would surly be realistic.

Simms is worth more than Matt Schaub. A 3rd would be low IMO.

Bucsfan
03-09-2007, 03:38 PM
Simms is worth more than Matt Schaub. A 3rd would be low IMO.

according to who? I mean I think Schaub is overrated

but Simms doesnt have the greatest value, he hasnt even played a full season

etk
03-09-2007, 03:59 PM
Simms has actually led a team in the playoffs and has terrific tools and potential. All Schaub has done is put up gaudy numbers in preseason. I think most teams would prefer Simms.

Mr. Myogi
03-09-2007, 04:04 PM
Simms has shown too many weaknesses. Eventhough he's more seasoned than Schaub, GMs are willing to risk picks/players for a player they've only seen semi good things from.

We need to get as much as possible for Schaub, So please enough of the comparisons, please.

etk
03-09-2007, 04:10 PM
If getting a fluke injury is a weakness, then fine. More importantly, I find it appalling that you prefer Nelson over Landry. I'm not going to explain how good Landry is, you can research him yourself.

Bucsfan
03-09-2007, 04:39 PM
If getting a fluke injury is a weakness, then fine. More importantly, I find it appalling that you prefer Nelson over Landry. I'm not going to explain how good Landry is, you can research him yourself.

Landry is better than Nelson imo

And simms injury wasnt his fault, but how about his statue body when he never moves? how about his poor instincts? how about how he fumbles the ball? or how about how he has a problem getting the ball past the o line? or how about the 7 ints in 3 games last year

are you going to blame that on injuries? or on something else?

etk
03-09-2007, 04:57 PM
Landry is better than Nelson imo

And simms injury wasnt his fault, but how about his statue body when he never moves? how about his poor instincts? how about how he fumbles the ball? or how about how he has a problem getting the ball past the o line? or how about the 7 ints in 3 games last year

are you going to blame that on injuries? or on something else?

What are you talking about, statue body? Simms has made plenty of key scrambles for us. He doesn't have poor instincts, that's a bold statement. He just struggles to consistently make his reads, but he is a young QB in the WCO, so it's to be expected. All QBs fumble a lot, and 9/10 times it is the OLine's fault when a QB fumbles. Our Line sucked and Simms was constantly being pressured. The tipped passes are not his fault either. He has a high release point and he is 6'4, but any QB gets tipped passes on 3 step drops, especially with a patchwork inexperienced line in front of them. On 3 step drops it's the line's job to keep the defenders down, and we struggled at that.

Last year was a difficult year for him, but he showed that he is one of the toughest SOBs in the league when he injured his spleen and kept playing against the Panthers. He hardly could even call the plays but he still toughed it out. You can't teach that with QBs, and I doubt that Brady Quinn could do that.

Tampa 2 4 life
03-09-2007, 06:52 PM
Chances of us drafting Quinn = None. Period.

Remember that the reason Garcia didn't go to Oakland was because they might have drafted a QB in the first round.

Caddy
03-09-2007, 06:57 PM
Chances of us drafting Quinn = None. Period.

Remember that the reason Garcia didn't go to Oakland was because they might have drafted a QB in the first round.

We are not going to draft or not draft a player based on Jeff Garcia

Tampa 2 4 life
03-09-2007, 07:00 PM
We are not going to draft or not draft a player based on Jeff Garcia

That really wasn't my point, the reason he didn't go to Oakland is because they couldn't promise they weren't gonna take a QB in round one, obviously with the teams in the running for Garcia we made him some kind of promise, which means we really aren't looking at QB as an option.

Caddy
03-09-2007, 07:06 PM
That really wasn't my point, the reason he didn't go to Oakland is because they couldn't promise they weren't gonna take a QB in round one, obviously with the teams in the running for Garcia we made him some kind of promise, which means we really aren't looking at QB as an option.

People make a lot of promises they can't keep. I could easily see us drafting BQ, sitting him for a year, then having Garcia back him up during the final year of his contract.

etk
03-09-2007, 07:30 PM

You make a good point. I never thought about it that way. We are not going to draft Quinn anyway because if CJ is gone we will draft a defensive lineman, probably Okoye. We literally have no defensive tackles and we are not taking a QB this year. We are giving Chris Simms a chance to take control of this team, and if he fails Garcia will take over, Simms will be cut, and we will rebuild and draft a QB next year. Our QB situation is not that desperate right now, especially compared to our DLine/pass rush situation. We are going to put it off a year, like most teams do.

etk
03-09-2007, 07:32 PM
People make a lot of promises they can't keep. I could easily see us drafting BQ, sitting him for a year, then having Garcia back him up during the final year of his contract.

Where's Chris Simms in this picture you just drew up?

Caddy
03-10-2007, 12:04 AM
Where's Chris Simms in this picture you just drew up?

Your guess is as good as mine. I'm not one of the guys who wants to give up on him yet either, but Brady Quinn is a much better prospect than Chris Simms ever was.

I would imagine that if we got Quinn and kept Garcia to be that vet influence, Simms would have to be cut or traded. We could not simply afford to pay 3 QB's more than 5 million a season and I like Grads as our 3rd.

Merlin
03-10-2007, 12:14 AM
That really wasn't my point, the reason he didn't go to Oakland is because they couldn't promise they weren't gonna take a QB in round one, obviously with the teams in the running for Garcia we made him some kind of promise, which means we really aren't looking at QB as an option.Do you have ANY facts, rather than just speculation!?!

Your entitled to your opinion, but thats all you've given!

Bucsfan
03-10-2007, 03:50 AM
What are you talking about, statue body? Simms has made plenty of key scrambles for us. He doesn't have poor instincts, that's a bold statement. He just struggles to consistently make his reads, but he is a young QB in the WCO, so it's to be expected. All QBs fumble a lot, and 9/10 times it is the OLine's fault when a QB fumbles. Our Line sucked and Simms was constantly being pressured. The tipped passes are not his fault either. He has a high release point and he is 6'4, but any QB gets tipped passes on 3 step drops, especially with a patchwork inexperienced line in front of them. On 3 step drops it's the line's job to keep the defenders down, and we struggled at that.

Last year was a difficult year for him, but he showed that he is one of the toughest SOBs in the league when he injured his spleen and kept playing against the Panthers. He hardly could even call the plays but he still toughed it out. You can't teach that with QBs, and I doubt that Brady Quinn could do that.

Lol, simms alot of the time just stands there, he doesnt move around a whole lot

are you chris simms agent? or chris simms himself? all of your excuses are poor, cause once gradkowski got in there, even tho he sucked....didnt have the same problems with batted passes and he is shorter than simms, although did have the problem with fumbles

the INT's for simms there is no excuse

Caddy
03-10-2007, 05:18 AM
191/313 attempts, 61%, 2035 yards, 10 TD's, 7 Ints, in 10 games, plus a playoff berth

How easily one can forget that Simms got us to the playoffs in 05 even with our crappy O-Line

Merlin
03-10-2007, 06:38 AM
191/313 attempts, 61%, 2035 yards, 10 TD's, 7 Ints, in 10 games, plus a playoff berth

How easily one can forget that Simms got us to the playoffs in 05 even with our crappy O-LineAnd a great running attack!
Sorry but those statistics do not excite me at all, oh, and a top 5 defense!

Caddy
03-10-2007, 06:43 AM
And a great running attack!
Sorry but those statistics do not excite me at all, oh, and a top 5 defense!

#1 Defense that season actually :)

But Simms still proved he can be a good starting QB

ks_perfection
03-10-2007, 08:46 AM
Your guess is as good as mine. I'm not one of the guys who wants to give up on him yet either, but Brady Quinn is a much better prospect than Chris Simms ever was.

I would imagine that if we got Quinn and kept Garcia to be that vet influence, Simms would have to be cut or traded. We could not simply afford to pay 3 QB's more than 5 million a season and I like Grads as our 3rd.

Someone would trade him, Oakland would be my guess if they take CJ. Joey Harrington even got a 6th rounder for him.

etk
03-10-2007, 10:39 AM

Obviously Quinn is a much better prospect, he has #1 pick potential, and Simms almost slipped to 2nd Day (last pick of the 3rd). If you compare Quinn to Simms right now, Simms would be much better in our offense, and Quinn would struggle with his inexperience. In 5 years Quinn will probably be better, but it is not worth the wait and it is not worth starting over. In the span of those 5 years, CJ could be a consistent Pro Bowler, or Okoye could be solidifying our line or getting 16 sacks like Sapp :D (unlikely). We're not in rebuilding mode, and sometimes I think you guys wish we were with these Quinn remarks and the Simms hate.

Chucky
03-10-2007, 10:42 AM
Obviously Quinn is a much better prospect, he has #1 pick potential, and Simms almost slipped to 2nd Day (last pick of the 3rd). If you compare Quinn to Simms right now, Simms would be much better in our offense, and Quinn would struggle with his inexperience. In 5 years Quinn will probably be better, but it is not worth the wait and it is not worth starting over. In the span of those 5 years, CJ could be a consistent Pro Bowler, or Okoye could be solidifying our line or getting 16 sacks like Sapp :D (unlikely). We're not in rebuilding mode, and sometimes I think you guys wish we were with these Quinn remarks and the Simms hate.

I personally think it will take this years draft, plus high picks in next years draft, for us to return to the playoffs, i think our defence is too young, and our offence is missing one key piece( CJ), if we could pick up CJ kalil, and then all the BDPA's and then next year just pick up oline and BDPA's then i think we will be back to the playoffs.

etk
03-10-2007, 10:42 AM
Do you have ANY facts, rather than just speculation!?!

Your entitled to your opinion, but thats all you've given!

He made an interesting point about the Garcia promise, and he just told everyone to look at the facts and make your own assumptions through them.

In trying to make him look bad, you sound like an idiot because that was not what he meant and the information he posted was very relevant.

etk
03-10-2007, 10:45 AM
Your plan is exactly right Chucky, but I think you overrate the difficulty of making the playoffs. It is pretty much a crapshoot each year, and teams tend to go in and out in rotating years because their schedules go from hard to easy.

We could make the playoffs next year, but I think you meant that if we underwent that draft plan, we could be a real contender, right?

Merlin
03-10-2007, 02:40 PM
He made an interesting point about the Garcia promise, and he just told everyone to look at the facts and make your own assumptions through them.

In trying to make him look bad, you sound like an idiot because that was not what he meant and the information he posted was very relevant.

Hmm, what Garcia point, this one?...."obviously with the teams in the running for Garcia we made him some kind of promise,"....maybe YOU can supply the link then? or are you guys privy to Tampa staff meetings or something?

My intent was never to make anyone look bad, he made a statement, and I asked him to back it up, I have no axe to grind.

From where I'm sitting etk, their is only one idiot using this thread!!!

etk
03-10-2007, 02:59 PM
You misunderstood his statement. He said that Garcia did not sign with Oakland because they could not promise him that they wouldn't draft JaMarcus Russell. That is true and it did happen, but I don't have a link because it happened days ago.

He interpreted that fact and applied it to our team, saying that he had no doubts about signing here because we were able to promise that we wouldn't draft a first-round QB. That may not have happened, but there's a good chance some discussion involving drafting a QB was made and obviously Garcia felt safer here. Tampa 2 is no idiot for making that interpretation, it was smart and no one else thought of that. If you were calling me an idiot, let's not get started.........

Merlin
03-10-2007, 03:16 PM
You misunderstood his statement. He said that Garcia did not sign with Oakland because they could not promise him that they wouldn't draft JaMarcus Russell. That is true and it did happen, but I don't have a link because it happened days ago.

He interpreted that fact and applied it to our team, saying that he had no doubts about signing here because we were able to promise that we wouldn't draft a first-round QB. That may not have happened, but there's a good chance some discussion involving drafting a QB was made and obviously Garcia felt safer here. Tampa 2 is no idiot for making that interpretation, it was smart and no one else thought of that. If you were calling me an idiot, let's not get started.........OK, so you can't supply a link, which was why I asked him at the time! "a good chance" or someones "interpritation" is not a fact is it!

At NO POINT did I ever even suggest Tampa 2 was an idiot, I never even mentioned the word untill someone else did!

As for calling you an idiot, I'll leave that to you and everyone else to determine!

Tampa 2 4 life
03-10-2007, 03:26 PM
Garcia was thought to be signing with Oakland on Friday, but an impasse arose. Though it's not clear whether the roadblock was money, we've learned that one of Garcia's concerns was/is the strong possibility that the No. 1 overall pick in the draft won't be used on a playmaker (i.e., Calvin Johnson), but on Garcia's eventual replacement (i.e., JaMarcus Russell).

That was from PFT(Scroll down about 3/4s the page).

Merlin
03-10-2007, 03:42 PM
That was from PFT(Scroll down about 3/4s the page).PFT?

I'm not trying to stir things up, but (I'm sure everyone would agree?) "not clear" or "strong possibilitys" kinda backs up my point

Hey T24L, for what it's worth, I wasn't trying to get in your face....peace!