PDA

View Full Version : Dogs and Cats

BRAVEHEART
04-17-2009, 03:23 AM
Dog:

8:00 am - Dog food! My favorite thing!
9:30 am - A car ride! My favorite thing!
9:40 am - A walk in the park! My favorite thing!
10:30 am - Got rubbed and petted! My favorite thing!
12:00 pm - Lunch! My favorite thing!
1:00 pm - Played in the yard! My favorite thing!
3:00 pm - Wagged my tail! My favorite thing!
5:00 pm - Milk Bones! My favorite thing!
7:00 pm - Got to play ball! My favorite thing!
8:00 pm - Wow! Watched TV with the people! My favorite thing!
11:00 pm - Sleeping on the bed! My favorite thing!

Cat:

Day 983 of my captivity...

My captors continue to taunt me with bizarre little dangling objects. They dine lavishly on fresh meat, while the other inmates and I are fed hash or some sort of dry nuggets.

Although I make my contempt for the rations perfectly clear, I nevertheless must eat something in order to keep up my strength.

The only thing that keeps me going is my dream of escape. In an attempt to disgust them, I once again vomit on the carpet.

Today I decapitated a mouse and dropped its headless body at their feet. I had hoped this would strike fear into their hearts, since it clearly demonstrates what I am capable of. However, they merely made condescending comments about what a 'good little hunter' I am. Bastards.

There was some sort of assembly of their accomplices tonight. I was placed in solitary confinement for the duration of the event. However, I could hear the noises and smell the food. I overheard that my confinement was due to the power of 'allergies.' I must learn what this means and how to use it to my advantage.

Today I was almost successful in an attempt to assassinate one of my tormentors by weaving around his feet as he was walking. I must try this again tomorrow -- but at the top of the stairs.

I am convinced that the other prisoners here are flunkies and snitches. The dog receives special privileges. He is regularly released - and seems to be more than willing to return. He is obviously ********.

The bird has got to be an informant. I observe him communicating with the guards regularly. I am certain that he reports my every move. My captors have arranged protective custody for him in an elevated cell, so he is safe. For now ..

Thought ya'll would like that.

Dr. Gonzo
04-17-2009, 03:30 AM
I had a 5 dollar bet in high school that I would eat a can of dog food. There is not much more degrading than that but I was very excited to do it. I am upset it never happened though.

I did like that write up. Dogs are awesome.

Mr. Hero
04-17-2009, 03:34 AM
If that doesn't explain to you why cats are better than dogs than there's just no reaching you.

BRAVEHEART
04-17-2009, 03:37 AM
If that doesn't explain to you why cats are better than dogs than there's just no reaching you.

and what is "better" in your opinion?

Mr. Hero
04-17-2009, 03:38 AM
and what is "better" in your opinion?

Not ******** > ********, is all i'm saying. A pet that has a memory will develop character, whereas a ****** is a ******.

BRAVEHEART
04-17-2009, 03:45 AM
Not ******** > ********, is all i'm saying. A pet that has a memory will develop character, whereas a ****** is a ******.

I have a Chow Chow (dog), it's the coolest pet I've ever had. Friendly like a dog, independent and chill like a cat (also moody and douchy like a cat too :( ), and still loyal like a dog. I would call them the "cat's guy dog". Martha Stewart only has Chow's, they are a great breed.

Dr. Gonzo
04-17-2009, 03:46 AM
My ******** pug is awesome. He seriously is mentally disable but looks so ******* hilarious that I can't not like him.

yourfavestoner
04-17-2009, 03:47 AM
This confirms my beliefs that cats are nothing but lurker creepers.

The Unseen
04-17-2009, 07:17 AM
Dogs rule, cats **** in sand boxes.

eaglesalltheway
04-17-2009, 08:56 AM
Anyone who says dogs don't have memories has never ever been in contact with a dog for more than 20 seconds. Dogs are awesome, though i like cats too, I just always had ****** luck and always got asshole cats. I'm a dog guy though. If you want a really good dog, get a mutt, they combine the best of each breed and there is a lot less chance of genetic deformities due to in-breeding.

Splat
04-17-2009, 09:02 AM
I like both but I'm more of a cat person there just great I have pretty much always had a cat my whole life.

scottyboy
04-17-2009, 09:11 AM
Dogs are so much more awesome. Cats just look cute in lolcats and in reality run away and lurk in corners. Dogs are playfull and fun and so awesome. You can't ******* wrestle with your cat or play fetch/catch or football in the snow and **** I do with my awesome dog.

steelersfan43
04-17-2009, 09:14 AM
Hooray dogs :)

terribletowel39
04-17-2009, 09:27 AM
I am more of a dog person as I have 2 Great Danes, 2 Jack Russells, and my girlfriends chihuahua.
But I also like cats. If you get a cat while it is a kitten you can get it used to human contact that way they aren't such bitches the rest of their lives. I've had three cats before and loved most of it (minus the blinds). Not all cats are loners.
I've had two cats that are more like dogs than you can imagine. Always wanting to cuddle, play fetch, slept in the bed with me, and came when they were called.
Cats are cool too but dogs are cooler.

P-L
04-17-2009, 09:28 AM
I don't mind dogs, but I wouldn't trade my cat for any other animal. He's not your typical cat. He follows me around the house all day, sleeps on my bed every night, and is more friendly with me than any dog I've ever come into contact with. Actually, now that I think about it my cat might have an unhealthy obsession with me, lol.

vidae
04-17-2009, 09:45 AM
I've grown up with both dogs and cats, but I prefer cats. My cat is pretty awesome. He acts like a dog though, which is weird. He fetches (only receipt paper, and I have to crumple it up and he'll chase it and bring it back in his mouth). I've had him for about 15 years now. He rules.

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
04-17-2009, 09:51 AM
I grew up always having dogs(yes never just one) and I have had a couple cats. I think I prefer fish

Splat
04-17-2009, 10:09 AM
Cats can be very play full not all of them but they can be pretty active I think the biggest difference between most Cats and Dogs is Cats seem to get attached to one person while Dogs will go to any one.

FlyingElvis
04-17-2009, 10:12 AM
Dogs are so much more awesome. Cats just look cute in lolcats and in reality run away and lurk in corners. Dogs are playfull and fun and so awesome. You can't ******* wrestle with your cat or play fetch/catch or football in the snow and **** I do with my awesome dog.

Yup, you've never had a good cat. lol

I have a bunch and only one hides. Several will wrestle (though you can't tackle them like you could a large dog) and one plays fetch. All of them are sociable and friendly and will mess with you on occasion.

Dogs are awesome, too. Loldogs don't work the way cats do, but if you combine them . . .

http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r39/dmc27sinned/pets/lol_dog.jpg

iowatreat54
04-17-2009, 11:23 AM
Cats are only good for lolcatz.

Seriously, I don't mind cats. They are cool to play with when other people have them, but I could never own one. I just love dogs so much more.

One thing though, dogs are always soooo happy to see you whenever you come home and so sad when you leave them. Most cats could care less, or just never show it.

FlyingElvis
04-17-2009, 11:28 AM
Cats are only good for lolcatz.

Seriously, I don't mind cats. They are cool to play with when other people have them, but I could never own one. I just love dogs so much more.

One thing though, dogs are always soooo happy to see you whenever you come home and so sad when you leave them. Most cats could care less, or just never show it.

Yup, you've never had a good cat either.

I have a few that will greet you at the door, follow you around the house, and do all the things that most people love in their dog.

iowatreat54
04-17-2009, 11:33 AM

I have a few that will greet you at the door, follow you around the house, and do all the things that most people love in their dog.

I understand, I've never had a cat. That's why I said most cats. The majority of cats aren't what you are describing as "good cats" from my experience and from what I've heard. Almost all dogs are always greeting you at the door, either because they are happy to see you.

It doesn't mean cats suck, it's just something that I like a lot about dogs. They show way much more affection and emotion than cats in general.

Vikes99ej
04-17-2009, 11:45 AM
http://www.pedigreedatabase.com/dogs/i/beagle.jpg

iowatreat54
04-17-2009, 11:47 AM

Best. Dogs. Ever.

Dogs are also cuter and better chick magnets. They win.

awfullyquiet
04-17-2009, 11:52 AM

serious truth in this.

the way a cat snuggles with you when you sleep or the way they rub your ankles while you're peeing, and purring... it's too good. a good cat is as good as a good dog...

and i've had both. i have lots of them. well, my brother does while i'm away on business.

brat316
04-17-2009, 11:54 AM
ahhaha

the dog is released regularly and he returns, its clear he is a b**** ahhah that cat is funny.

Good s***.

I still like dogs better, but cats do funny s****. If i got a good cat i would be up for it, just no dead animals and throwing up, grass and s***

bantx
04-17-2009, 11:56 AM

Beagles are awesome, but i hear they bark a lott. I still want one though.

iowatreat54
04-17-2009, 11:58 AM

They bark a ton, usually in the middle of the night. But they are awesomeness. They want to hunt everything, including inanimate objects.

TitleTown088
04-17-2009, 11:59 AM
That cat article was good but it was a total rip off of Stewie griffin.
Cats have no soul. I'm very skeptical of them, as they are of me.

Fun fact: Where I'm originally from, hunters shoot cats in the country because they kill pheasants.

Not fun fact: Some of the out-of-state "rich hunters" also bring highly trained hunting dogs with them and then leave them there in the country when they're done hunting.

I currently have a beagle-German Shepherd and plan to get a Rhodesian Ridge back or a New Skeet Shepherd( I wish) next. The new Skeet Shepherd s are so sweet. Eastern orthodox monks train them in NY.

brat316
04-17-2009, 12:03 PM
ajahahhahah SKEET shepherd.

Matthew Jones
04-17-2009, 12:05 PM
This was pretty funny. I am a dog person myself.

terribletowel39
04-17-2009, 12:05 PM
Best. Dogs. Ever.

Correction.

http://jp.kyddoggen.net/site/foto/000001984000.jpg

TitleTown088
04-17-2009, 12:13 PM
\
the way a cat snuggles with you when you sleep or the way they rub your ankles while you're peeing, and purring... it's too good. a good cat is as good as a good dog...

Wait, ...wat?

brat316
04-17-2009, 12:14 PM
Wait, ...wat?

yeha i saw that and didn't want to ask. Leaving your bathroom door open so your animals can come and go as they please why you take care of business.

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
04-17-2009, 12:22 PM
yeha i saw that and didn't want to ask. Leaving your bathroom door open so your animals can come and go as they please why you take care of business.

Yea when I had a cat it would do that all the time. When there is no one in the house what is wrong with pissing with the door open?
Also, this is my dog(not my dog but the same kind of dog I have)

http://www.bulldogbreeds.com/americanbulldog/large/american_bulldog_398964.jpg

brat316
04-17-2009, 12:25 PM
Yea when I had a cat it would do that all the time. When there is no one in the house what is wrong with pissing with the door open?

animals count as someone.

Splat
04-17-2009, 12:26 PM
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b87/Splat420/99407956114_0_ALB.jpg

She is mean as hell...

Vikes99ej
04-17-2009, 12:38 PM
A mean cat is about as useful as a dead cat.

Matthew Jones
04-17-2009, 01:20 PM
Correction.

http://jp.kyddoggen.net/site/foto/000001984000.jpg

That dog's a beast! I thought I had big dogs (Rhodesian Ridgebacks.) Here's a pic of a Ridgeback (not mine) for reference:

http://www.dogsindepth.com/hound_dog_breeds/images/rhodesian_ridgeback_h02.jpg

terribletowel39
04-17-2009, 01:24 PM
That dog's a beast! I thought I had big dogs (Rhodesian Ridgebacks.) Here's a pic of a Ridgeback (not mine) for reference:

http://www.dogsindepth.com/hound_dog_breeds/images/rhodesian_ridgeback_h02.jpg
Yea I have two black Danes. A brother and sister. They are one year and 2 months old and last time I weighed them, my male weighed 143 and my female weighed 141.

My female is taller than my male and when she puts her front paws on my shoulders and stands up her head is a good 5 inches above mine and I am 6'2-6'3ish.

I like Rhodesian Ridgebacks. Bred to hunt lions. So cool.

Matthew Jones
04-17-2009, 01:36 PM
Yea I have two black Danes. A brother and sister. They are one year and 2 months old and last time I weighed them, my male weighed 143 and my female weighed 141.

My female is taller than my male and when she puts her front paws on my shoulders and stands up her head is a good 5 inches above mine and I am 6'2-6'3ish.

I like Rhodesian Ridgebacks. Bred to hunt lions. So cool.

Damn, I never knew Great Danes were that big. I don't know that I've ever seen one before. My dogs are 103 pounds (male) and about 85 (female.) The female is a lot older though (nine as opposed to two.) Most Ridgebacks are 95-100 pounds and around 5'6"-5'9" from my experience (I've had four.) Sounds like Great Danes are a lot bigger though.

terribletowel39
04-17-2009, 01:40 PM
Damn, I never knew Great Danes were that big. I don't know that I've ever seen one before. My dogs are 103 pounds (male) and about 85 (female.) The female is a lot older though (nine as opposed to two.) Most Ridgebacks are 95-100 pounds and around 5'6"-5'9" from my experience (I've had four.) Sounds like Great Danes are a lot bigger though.
Yea, I'm guessing my male will get in the 180-185 range with my female topping out at 165ish. She will always be taller I believe but he is a beast. Just raw power.

When I lived in Dallas we would have Great Dane meetups and so everyone from around the area with Great Danes would meet up and all the dogs would kick it together. I've seen some HUGE Great Danes. Biggest one I have actually met and petted was an all black one as well and he was 39 inches at his shoulders and weighed 210 lbs. BIG.

Addict
04-17-2009, 01:47 PM
cats ******* rule. That is all.

Matthew Jones
04-17-2009, 01:53 PM
Yea, I'm guessing my male will get in the 180-185 range with my female topping out at 165ish. She will always be taller I believe but he is a beast. Just raw power.

When I lived in Dallas we would have Great Dane meetups and so everyone from around the area with Great Danes would meet up and all the dogs would kick it together. I've seen some HUGE Great Danes. Biggest one I have actually met and petted was an all black one as well and he was 39 inches at his shoulders and weighed 210 lbs. BIG.

Hot damn. 210 pounds? That's ridiculous. I just looked it up and the average Great Dane is 160 pounds. Still huge. I'm about 100 pounds so I can't imagine having a dog that weighed that much more than me. I wouldn't be opposed to getting one in the future, though. I got my first Ridgeback when I was living in Zambia and my family has stuck with them ever since.

iowatreat54
04-17-2009, 01:57 PM
Great Danes are borderline horses.

The Unseen
04-17-2009, 02:04 PM
Beagles r0x0rz

cute cuddly and ferocious

terribletowel39
04-17-2009, 02:05 PM
Hot damn. 210 pounds? That's ridiculous. I just looked it up and the average Great Dane is 160 pounds. Still huge. I'm about 100 pounds so I can't imagine having a dog that weighed that much more than me. I wouldn't be opposed to getting one in the future, though. I got my first Ridgeback when I was living in Zambia and my family has stuck with them ever since.
Number One. You need to eat more food.

Number Two. Why do you only weigh 100 lbs??

Number Three. Yea, most websites say Males get between 120-200 lbs. I guess the average would be about 160. The mom and dad were both big for mine which is the main reason I have the feeling my female is going to get so heavy. Dad was 190 and mom was 170.

Matthew Jones
04-17-2009, 02:11 PM
Number One. You need to eat more food.

Number Two. Why do you only weigh 100 lbs??

Number Three. Yea, most websites say Males get between 120-200 lbs. I guess the average would be about 160. The mom and dad were both big for mine which is the main reason I have the feeling my female is going to get so heavy. Dad was 190 and mom was 170.

That makes sense. Speaking of big dogs, I did a search and found that Samson is the biggest dog on record. 6'5" on his hind legs, 276 pounds!!!

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2008/10/01/article-1065765-011F105B000004B0-747_468x527.jpg

FlyingElvis
04-17-2009, 02:17 PM
I understand, I've never had a cat. That's why I said most cats. The majority of cats aren't what you are describing as "good cats" from my experience and from what I've heard. Almost all dogs are always greeting you at the door, either because they are happy to see you.

It doesn't mean cats suck, it's just something that I like a lot about dogs. They show way much more affection and emotion than cats in general.
Ahhh . . . makes sense now. Most cats won't always come running like a dog would - every time someone walks in. But once they know who came in they'll be all over you, and they're very affectionate w/owners. But one freak of a psycho cat can wreak havoc with anyone.

They bark a ton, usually in the middle of the night. But they are awesomeness. They want to hunt everything, including inanimate objects.

lol. Ain't that the truth.

Matthew Jones
04-17-2009, 02:29 PM
Some pictures of my ridgebacks:

Female:

http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k192/RPMcMurphy_01/PICT0127.jpg

Male:

http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k192/RPMcMurphy_01/PICT0132.jpg

http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k192/RPMcMurphy_01/PICT0137.jpg

http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k192/RPMcMurphy_01/PICT0145.jpg

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
04-17-2009, 02:29 PM

Ohhhh I have one of those! My dog's pretty moody though. Like sometimes he'll just look at you almost sarcastically when you try to tell him something.

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
04-17-2009, 02:35 PM

That's true. At my old house, we had a low window in the living room and my dog stood there looking out for people even walking on the sidewalk, which was across the street. He barked at them. In my new house, our kitchen is at the front, and we put a stool there for him to sit on so he could look out the window. He barks at the neighbours since it's a pie shaped lot.

SuperMcGee
04-17-2009, 03:03 PM
There are three beagles that live on my street and they all drive me ******* crazy.
But the golden retriever by my house totally makes up for that.

My cat trumps them all, though.

StripedWalrus
04-17-2009, 03:27 PM
Ahhh . . . makes sense now. Most cats won't always come running like a dog would - every time someone walks in. But once they know who came in they'll be all over you, and they're very affectionate w/owners. But one freak of a psycho cat can wreak havoc with anyone.

I find alot of times stray cats are usually the psychos. They want to get outside more than anything and are usually very rough. Though that isnt always the fact. I have a stray that refuses to go outside. He also knows the sound of my car...so when I get home from work he is waiting at the door. He will then meow until a pick him up and hold him like a baby. He then falls asleep in my arms, purring. He is spoiled rotten. I blame myself.

awfullyquiet
04-17-2009, 03:39 PM
Great Danes are borderline horses.

incorrect. horses are huge. i don't think you realize that.
also. my friend has some irish wolf hounds... those things are ridiculously huge.

i pee with the door open. i live, for the most part, by myself. i don't live with mom or dad... so.

brat316
04-17-2009, 03:46 PM
also. my friend has some irish wolf hounds... those things are ridiculously huge.

i pee with the door open. i live, for the most part, by myself. i don't live with mom or dad... so.

what if your animals decided to jump on you while taking a ****. Or a robber comes in, and finds you taking a crap.

Also maybe some lets them inside your home, to surprise you instead they find you in the bathroom.

terribletowel39
04-17-2009, 03:47 PM
yes, irish wolfhounds are on average the tallest dog breed. Danes obviously get heavier but Irish Wolfhounds are huge.

Splat
04-17-2009, 03:49 PM
I find alot of times stray cats are usually the psychos. They want to get outside more than anything and are usually very rough. Though that isnt always the fact. I have a stray that refuses to go outside. He also knows the sound of my car...so when I get home from work he is waiting at the door. He will then meow until a pick him up and hold him like a baby. He then falls asleep in my arms, purring. He is spoiled rotten. I blame myself.

There is a stray I have been feeding for awhile it took forever for me to be able to pet him but now he comes right to me but wouldn't let any one else touch him with a ten foot poll.

BRAVEHEART
04-17-2009, 03:57 PM
http://image03.webshots.com/3/5/63/29/1456329ZwasfrwqgN_ph.jpg

Great dogs.

awfullyquiet
04-17-2009, 03:59 PM
what if your animals decided to jump on you while taking a ****. Or a robber comes in, and finds you taking a crap.

lets hope it's not a great dane. or a bouvier.

Also maybe some lets them inside your home, to surprise you instead they find you in the bathroom.

... sense?

well. it could be worse... better than finding you sleeping. i always keep a gun next to my toilet.

Splat
04-17-2009, 04:15 PM
i always keep a gun next to my toilet.

Really? I always keep toilet paper next to mine.

Beans
04-17-2009, 04:34 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v324/beansdooma/cattable.png

my cat is useful!

i love cats they are the best, but dogs can be good too if they are nice dogs. i dont like overly-friendly or psycho dogs. i think also i dont like when dogs lick me, so i try to avoid that.

CJSchneider
04-17-2009, 04:40 PM
i always keep a gun next to my toilet.

Really? I always keep toilet paper next to mine.

That and air-spray. Hey, I guess you could shoot somebody with that.

Staubach12
04-17-2009, 04:57 PM
I like dogs better, I just don't like walking them.

fischbowl
04-17-2009, 05:01 PM
http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm133/fischbowl/PictureGroup1178.jpg

Greg Jr. > You

Splat
04-17-2009, 05:07 PM
My cat does that and if you turn on the light she gives you the look of death.

steelersfan43
04-17-2009, 05:14 PM

But with cats if it likes you you will walk in the door and the cat will rub against you.. awesome.

With a dog its all excited and jumping all around the place and licking you and you can actually play and wrestle with a dog. And I dont being on your knees and the cat clawing at you.

M.O.T.H.
04-17-2009, 05:44 PM
Show and tell time...

Say hello to one of my kitties, Kitty, she's all whiskers. :)

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f149/brickman08865/camera005.jpg
http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f149/brickman08865/camera016.jpg

This right here is my cat, Ferris. He, like PL's cat, has like an unhealthy obsession with me and he is trying to jump on me as I type this. haha. Whenever I lay down, he is right there to jump on my back. He's the nicest cat, though. Does get a tad annoying but, I love em.

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f149/brickman08865/camera006-2.jpg
http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f149/brickman08865/camera013.jpg
http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f149/brickman08865/camera011.jpg
http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f149/brickman08865/camera015.jpg

Then lastly there is my old puppy. She doesnt do much but, I <3 my old ass doggy. :) She's a lot like Ladybird from King of the Hill. She's alive but just barely it seems. ha.

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f149/brickman08865/camera021.jpg
http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f149/brickman08865/camera024-1.jpg
She does play dead, though.

ccB
04-17-2009, 05:56 PM
My dawg pwns all your petz!
http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d129/leghustle/Picture015.jpg

this is him in attack mode:

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d129/leghustle/Picture001.jpg

M.O.T.H.
04-17-2009, 05:57 PM
I want one of those bad boys one day. Freaking beast right there. haha.

fischbowl
04-17-2009, 06:47 PM
Greg Jr. is like Ferris and PL's cat, with me all the time

The_Dude
04-17-2009, 07:28 PM
Dogs FTW!!!!!!

http://i463.photobucket.com/albums/qq352/nerickson_photo/baddogs2.jpg

bantx
04-17-2009, 07:34 PM
I have 2 poms and got a new puppy its my sisters dog but i take care of him a lot too.

jayceheathman
04-17-2009, 10:51 PM
One of my dogs loved to hunt snakes. If he found one in the ditch he would go after it. He would bark at it a ton and let it strike at him while he jumps back. Then he will wait for the best moment when it strikes at him and he will jump behind it and grab its neck and break it in half. Then he brings it back to us and drops it at our feet just like that cat did with the mouse.

eaglesalltheway
04-18-2009, 09:05 AM
My grandparents had a dog when I was young, and this dog would snatch bees, hornets, anything with a stinger, right out of the air and kill them. Somehow hever got stung either. I was deathly afraid of bees when I was that age, and once, she found a ground wasps nest and just laid on it until my grandfather was able to get the bee killer. She would bite the ones trying to get in, but she would whimper every once in a while when the ones below her would bite her. (They don't sting, they bite, and from my experience, it isn't exactly the best feeling in the world) Her name was Snickers, and she was the definition of loyal. She protected me like I was one of her puppies, but died when I was like 10, to this day still the best dog I've ever seen.

Bills2083
04-18-2009, 09:41 AM
I have two beagles that never stop barking. Like slightlyabroncosfan, I have a low window in the front. They stand there all day looking outside. If a person walks by, they bark. If a person with a dog walks by, they bark. If a car drives by, they bark. Sometimes they bark at birds. They stare at the walls, and bark.

Once I figure out how to get pics from my phone up, I'll post some.

M.O.T.H.
04-18-2009, 10:03 AM
Low windows do suck...my cat is always hanging out screaming out the window and my dog just barks at every bird she sees.

LizardState
04-18-2009, 11:25 AM
I have 2 cats, an "applehead" old style (without the elongated head & shrieky whining) Siamese named Sierra & a very hairy Maine Coon named Hannah. Hannah is the fluffyiest, hairiest beast I've ever had, even has huge hairy tufts between the pads of her toes. Both are purebreds & exhibit all the arrogance of purebred cats.

I let them into our enclosed backyard for R&R & to curtail the ongoing squirrel problem. I also have about 200 potted plants, cacti & succulents mostly, in the yards & the squirrels seem to think the pots are their private sandboxes for burying things. So I unleashed my cats on them & my alpha cat Sierra the Siamese is fat & worthless out there, just lays in the sun & expects to be entertained by the goddamned rodents like watching TV, Sierra isn't going to waste any precious energies pursuing them, ohhhhh no. The squirrels have lost all fear of her by now, taunting & mock her with rodentine derision. But Hannah, damn! I have to pull her fluffy ass out of the trees, she goes right up them after the squirrels without concern for being stuck up there, go figure.

Yeah I know, I s/b blowing the damn rodents away as poisoning them is out of the question, but here in urban California I will get busted & my gun confiscated before the echoes of the firearm discharge fades.

Thumper
04-18-2009, 11:37 AM
I have two cats. One is like the one in the commentary on page 1 the other is like the dog, everything is the best thing ever. However my dog > both of them.

awfullyquiet
04-18-2009, 11:38 AM
I have 2 poms and got a new puppy its my sisters dog but i take care of him a lot too.

man card revoked.

Malaka
04-18-2009, 11:46 AM
man card revoked.

Damn, I guess I gotta turn mine in too, we live in an apartment so we can only have small dogs. For my sister's birthday, 2 years ago she got a Yorkie, it's a little lap dog, but I still love that dumb mutt.

http://i43.tinypic.com/28qrsdx.jpg

awfullyquiet
04-18-2009, 11:47 AM
Damn, I guess I gotta turn mine in too, we live in an apartment so we can only have small dogs. For my sister's birthday, 2 years ago she got a Yorkie, it's a little lap dog, but I still love that dumb mutt.

http://i43.tinypic.com/28qrsdx.jpg

the different between poms and yorkies are big... one is a girly puff ball that even I couldn't love... the other actually looks like a dog.

Malaka
04-18-2009, 11:49 AM
the different between poms and yorkies are big... one is a girly puff ball that even I couldn't love... the other actually looks like a dog.

Hahaha, true, but I guess deep down inside me, I am a little embarrassed of having a Yorkie.

bantx
04-18-2009, 11:50 AM
I dont care my poms are awesome.

Splat
04-18-2009, 12:50 PM
I guess deep down inside me, I am a little embarrassed of having a Yorkie.

As you should be.. :)

ccB
04-18-2009, 02:43 PM
Here are a couple more pics of my beast:

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d129/leghustle/Picture412.jpg

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d129/leghustle/Picture295.jpg

stephenson86
04-18-2009, 03:02 PM
I had a 5 dollar bet in high school that I would eat a can of dog food. There is not much more degrading than that but I was very excited to do it. I am upset it never happened though.

I did like that write up. Dogs are awesome.

you sir are either a money lover or insane, $5 for a can of dog wow +rep for even considering it...although mcdonalds used to pay less for their meat than pedigree :D

Crickett
04-18-2009, 03:05 PM

http://ihasahotdog.files.wordpress.com/2008/09/funny-dog-pictures-fluffy-dog-kills-again.jpg

Brent
04-18-2009, 06:22 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v296/idiotnumbr3/Jodieshaveddown-1.jpg

This is my dog. She's a mix between an italian greyhound (i.e. miniature) and a toy poodle. When I got her from the shelter, I thought she was a puppy of a standard poodle but she never grew...

CashmoneyDrew
04-18-2009, 06:47 PM
Shelter animals FTW! I've got two dogs and three cats. All of them rescued. I'm not big on cat types so I don't know what type they are but one of my dogs is a mix between a collie(lassie) and german shepherd. The other is a lab with unknown mix. They're cool as hell. So are my cats. When I get some pics of them I'll put em up.

The Unseen
04-18-2009, 06:51 PM
I have two beagles that never stop barking. Like slightlyabroncosfan, I have a low window in the front. They stand there all day looking outside. If a person walks by, they bark. If a person with a dog walks by, they bark. If a car drives by, they bark. Sometimes they bark at birds. They stare at the walls, and bark.

Once I figure out how to get pics from my phone up, I'll post some.

Same with my beagle. He doesn't bark too much, but he will sometimes bark out the window when absolutely nothing is there. It's the weirdest thing.

WMD
04-18-2009, 07:19 PM
I'm all about dogs. Cats are fine, but they get everything hairy. I hate that.

Dogs can do cool stuff like have seizures and eat cat poo.

holt_bruce81
04-18-2009, 08:07 PM
I prefer Dogs over Cats as well.

7-11
04-19-2009, 07:20 AM
My 14 year old dalmation was put down yesterday.

She may have had the dog equivalent IQ of about 14 but i loved that dumb mut. Used to be quite impartial to licking wet concrete and eating flora of any kind.

Bills2083
04-19-2009, 07:49 AM
I'm all about dogs. Cats are fine, but they get everything hairy. I hate that.

Dogs can do cool stuff like have seizures and eat cat poo.

my dogs are capable of eating each other's poo, and eating dirt. :rolleyes:
pretty awesome stuff.

FlyingElvis
04-20-2009, 09:39 AM
Ah . . . litter box treats. Aren't dogs awesome?? Outside or inside eating **** like it's a cookie, then coming up to you all happy wanting nothing more than to lick you with the tongue they just had all over their own arse . . .

Dogs FTW!!!!!!

http://i463.photobucket.com/albums/qq352/nerickson_photo/baddogs2.jpg

Nice. Shredded a phone book?

Big Mean Kitty - best dog toy ever. I recognized that purple toy immediately - it's one of the most durable dog chews I have ever come across. My pit pretty much never destroys one of those. We throw them away b/c they get disgusting as hell before she even tears a hole.

The_Dude
04-20-2009, 11:30 AM
Ah . . . litter box treats. Aren't dogs awesome?? Outside or inside eating **** like it's a cookie, then coming up to you all happy wanting nothing more than to lick you with the tongue they just had all over their own arse . . .

Nice. Shredded a phone book?

Big Mean Kitty - best dog toy ever. I recognized that purple toy immediately - it's one of the most durable dog chews I have ever come across. My pit pretty much never destroys one of those. We throw them away b/c they get disgusting as hell before she even tears a hole.

My favorite is the one right next to it; the "Suspicious Chicken". Its made by the same company as the BMK.

Yes, that was a Mpls/St. Paul Metro-Area Yellow Pages.... i had to clean that mess up with a rake!

FlyingElvis
04-20-2009, 11:39 AM
I've never seen that one - I'll have to take a look for the chicken next time I need one. Only the bigger stores have them and I never buy food/litter there when it's cheaper just about everywhere else.

EDIT: Off to google "Suspicious Chicken" lol

PalmerToCJ
04-20-2009, 01:45 PM
I freaking LOVE dogs. Have had black Lab's my entire life, have one that will be 1 year old in a few weeks. I'm also going to get an English Mastiff in the near future.

Dogs personalities are the best. My dog now will wait until he sees the door open to my room, runs in, steals my pillow. Runs upstairs, gets my attention then runs into the middle of the living room and humps it while looking at me. Creepy if you ask me.

brat316
04-20-2009, 01:46 PM
http://jamiedubs.com/fuckflickr/data/thumb/roflcopter.gif

Nalej
03-31-2012, 06:49 PM
Yup, cats suck.

nepg
03-31-2012, 07:49 PM
Best. Dogs. Ever.

Beagles are ******* awful. I'd take them over a host of other breeds... But they're awful dogs and I don't know why people think it's a good idea to own one that you aren't using to hunt foxes and rabbits with.

They're dumb dogs, for one. And they're bred to bark very annoyingly and very loudly at EVERYTHING. That's their purpose. They bark. They're supposed to.

I've had a couple and liked them because they were my (or my family's) dogs, but it's a ****** breed to own and keep in a house.

Brent
03-31-2012, 07:57 PM
tQvGDSNcfR0

this is going to tear you up:

vuTyEcBi_n4

Caddy
03-31-2012, 08:34 PM
Anyone who says cats > dogs is a moron. No exceptions.

Raiderz4Life
03-31-2012, 08:40 PM
aka women...

Nalej
03-31-2012, 08:42 PM
Beagles are ******* awful. I'd take them over a host of other breeds... But they're awful dogs and I don't know why people think it's a good idea to own one that you aren't using to hunt foxes and rabbits with.

They're dumb dogs, for one. And they're bred to bark very annoyingly and very loudly at EVERYTHING. That's their purpose. They bark. They're supposed to.

I've had a couple and liked them because they were my (or my family's) dogs, but it's a ****** breed to own and keep in a house.

Truth. A friend of mine has one and it sure is... loud... for no reason.
I definitely won't be getting one of those when it comes time to introduce a dog to my boys.

Caddy
03-31-2012, 08:45 PM
Truth. A friend of mine has one and it sure is... loud... for no reason.
I definitely won't be getting one of those when it comes time to introduce a dog to my boys.

I love seeing the beagle bomb sniffer dogs at the airport!

Brothgar
03-31-2012, 09:23 PM
I love seeing the beagle bomb sniffer dogs at the airport!

Can a cat sniff out a bomb? can a cat find drugs? NO! Cats are dumb and can't do things.

Nalej
03-31-2012, 09:26 PM
36hyZyuD2R8

I think I'll lie down here. I think I'll lie down there!

scottyboy
03-31-2012, 09:26 PM
http://thepoop.typepad.com/.a/6a00d834522bcb69e20153930d8df9970b-800wi

This story forever proves that dogs are the best ever and way better than cats

Brothgar
03-31-2012, 09:31 PM
http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.telegraph.co.uk%2Ffamily% 2Fpets%2F8151924%2FDogs-are-smarter-than-cats.html&h=3AQEkOlmDAQGIhWE2wMZJ1VqXN8m4B43k-KTa5LilmJMVtQ

Game Set Match cat people!

Ngatachance92
03-31-2012, 09:36 PM
Cat people are just horrible people and deserve to get eaten by their precious felines when they kick the bucket..... Alone...

vidae
03-31-2012, 10:03 PM
http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.telegraph.co.uk%2Ffamily% 2Fpets%2F8151924%2FDogs-are-smarter-than-cats.html&h=3AQEkOlmDAQGIhWE2wMZJ1VqXN8m4B43k-KTa5LilmJMVtQ

Game Set Match cat people!

Did you just link facebook in an attempt to prove a point? Please go drink bleach.

fischbowl
03-31-2012, 10:08 PM
36hyZyuD2R8

I think I'll lie down here. I think I'll lie down there!

Holy ****! It's Another ******* Day! It's The Best Day Ever Again!

Brothgar
03-31-2012, 10:19 PM
Did you just link facebook in an attempt to prove a point? Please go drink bleach.

No I was just too lazy to go to the actual article and copy its address. For some asinine reason any link copied off from facebook is redirected through facebook. If you clicked the link you would have known that.

vidae
03-31-2012, 10:32 PM
No I was just too lazy to go to the actual article and copy its address. For some asinine reason any link copied off from facebook is redirected through facebook. If you clicked the link you would have known that.

Probably, but I make it a point to not only not click links from Facebook, but to never go there in the first place. Come at me.

Raiderz4Life
03-31-2012, 10:33 PM
Probably, but I make it a point to not only not click links from Facebook, but to never go there in the first place. Come at me.

Add me on fb!!!

:troll: (this needs to be a smiley)

Nalej
03-31-2012, 10:34 PM
cXJk-vQhmXg

vidae
03-31-2012, 10:34 PM
Add me on fb!!!

:troll: (this needs to be a smiley)

You mean.. like this?! :coolface: :coolface: :coolface: :coolface:

Raiderz4Life
03-31-2012, 10:36 PM
You mean.. like this?! :coolface: :coolface: :coolface: :coolface:

why's it coolface and not troll? wtf??

Halsey
03-31-2012, 11:25 PM
Why are dog owners so bitter and insecure about this topic? Is it the 20 times you had to walk outside with your dog today and watch it poop?

Raiderz4Life
03-31-2012, 11:29 PM
"Halsey :gtfo: before I shove my foot so far up your ass the water from my knee is gonna quench your thirst!!!

Nalej
03-31-2012, 11:41 PM
I just like rubbing salt in the wound

WMD
03-31-2012, 11:42 PM
Dogs all the way. Dogs dogs dogs.

Cool cats aren't bad.. but if you have an annoying dickhead cat, it's the worst. We have this cat that tries to get into my room every chance the door is open, he walks underneath your feet, he walks in front of you and stops, he'll lay down in front of a door when you're trying to open it, and digs in the carpet. He's black too, so he's tough to see.. He's a nice cat, but he trolls the **** out of me and has made me sworn off of cats forever.

NotMyJob
04-01-2012, 12:13 AM
ugh nevermind, can't make the damn thing to just post the video.

But basically, cats are assholes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YG_5Zpwozu8&feature=plcp&context=C48243b8VPvjVQa1PpcFNNCUSvggpYJvWWExobkXuG n9ZTyK-fwtQ%3D

Brothgar
04-01-2012, 12:16 AM
YG_5Zpwozu8

You did it wrong

nrk
04-01-2012, 12:35 AM
Anyone who says cats > dogs is a moron. No exceptions.

Well, you said it. That makes you a moron, no exception :p

Dogs and cats both are awesome. I was always a dog person but had never owned cat up until a few years ago. Either is a fine option and both are way better than birds.

Ngatachance92
04-01-2012, 12:41 AM
I'm just waiting for the day when you can legally own little people, then this will turn into the little people versus dog debate... I'll save you all the trouble.. Little people win.

Raiderz4Life
04-01-2012, 12:44 AM
no **** the little ppl...tjey gonna b3e cryinh over equal himan rights...dogs don't...they like to have masters...therefore...dogs > midgets

Ngatachance92
04-01-2012, 12:46 AM
no **** the little ppl...tjey gonna b3e cryinh over equal himan rights...dogs don't...they like to have masters...therefore...dogs > midgets

If you ejimicate them yeah.. The trick is to only teach them simple tasks an tricks so they won't even know how to cry over equal rights.

Ngatachance92
04-01-2012, 12:48 AM
I just want a Lil fellar to dress as an Ommpa Loompa and bake me cookies and stir my chocolate milk.

Raiderz4Life
04-01-2012, 12:49 AM
idk if id be ok with a little munchkin licking my face or my toes

nepg
04-01-2012, 12:51 AM
Never read about it because the picture itself makes my tear ducts go into action. Dogs are ******* awesome. I like other people's cats, but refuse to own one unless I find mice in my house. I don't know what I'd do without my dog.

Ngatachance92
04-01-2012, 12:52 AM
Fine! You won't get one then Raiders!

Raiderz4Life
04-01-2012, 12:52 AM
Never read about it because the picture itself makes my tear ducts go into action. Dogs are ******* awesome. I like other people's cats, but refuse to own one unless I find mice in my house. I don't know what I'd do without my dog.

My chihuahuas are even good at hunting mice...they killed one last year that was roaming around

scottyboy
04-01-2012, 10:53 AM
Why are dog owners so bitter and insecure about this topic? Is it the 20 times you had to walk outside with your dog today and watch it poop?

you never fail to reinforce that you are the worst poster on this board.

Jvig43
04-01-2012, 04:06 PM

Halsey would be a ******* cat lover. Makes total sense.

vidae
04-01-2012, 04:08 PM
I had a cat for 18 years. He was a ******* boss. I still miss him. Yeah, I love cats. Bring it.

Bulldogs
04-01-2012, 04:09 PM
Halsey is hilarious. It just seems like he's constantly miserable, but I'm sure in reality he is just the world's greatest troll.

CashmoneyDrew
04-01-2012, 04:09 PM
I love my dogs and cats. Screw you all.

Jvig43
04-01-2012, 04:11 PM
Halsey is hilarious. It just seems like he's constantly miserable, but I'm sure in reality he is just the world's greatest troll.

Or World's greatest Cat lover. Always lurking in his dark room, in his computer chair, trolling these forums while stroking his cat. That is how I envision he is every time he posts. "Oh whats that you say? Turner for Forte is a good deal? Yessss my pussyfoot, yesssss it is."

Ngatachance92
04-01-2012, 04:20 PM
Cat lovers are myths perpetrated by the liberal media.

SuperPacker
04-01-2012, 04:21 PM
The only people that actually have cats are old women living on their own.

CashmoneyDrew
04-01-2012, 04:22 PM

I'm not an old woman you ruddy twat!

Splat
04-01-2012, 04:26 PM

Why are you not banned yet?

I like Cats and Dogs but only big Dogs. Those little lap Dogs that bark non stop and bite piss me off something fierce.

Ngatachance92
04-01-2012, 04:48 PM
Why are you not banned yet?

I like Cats and Dogs but only big Dogs. Those little lap Dogs that bark non stop and bite piss me off something fierce.

Yeah, little dogs may as well be cats.

SuperPacker
04-01-2012, 04:49 PM
I'm not an old woman you ruddy twat!

Ahaha, joking! But seriously, i dont like cats.

nepg
04-04-2012, 12:16 AM
My chihuahuas are even good at hunting mice...they killed one last year that was roaming around
For the record, chihuahuas and other small, ****** dogs do not count. I'd go with cats over small, worthless dogs.

Caddy
04-04-2012, 01:42 AM
For the record, chihuahuas and other small, ****** dogs do not count. I'd go with cats over small, worthless dogs.

I grew up with small and big dogs, I prefer the small ones... Problem?

nepg
04-04-2012, 01:44 AM
I grew up with small and big dogs, I prefer the small ones... Problem?
You're doing it wrong?

Caddy
04-04-2012, 01:53 AM
You're doing it wrong?

Completely contextual.

Raiderz4Life
04-04-2012, 08:54 AM

Yes they ******* do. Small dogs are the ****. My 2ass chihuahuas are fu king awesome....one of em is kinda old so he just likes to sleep and get belly rubs...the other one is like 23 and she's all over the place and wants to mess with everything...she's a teacup applehead too...awesome lil dog.

mightytitan9
04-04-2012, 10:39 PM
I like both, currently only have a cat at my apartment and a dog that stays with my parents til I get a place with a yard.

My cats a pretty cool cat though, more dog-like than most. He'll fetch, chase ping pong balls etc. Lay with you at night, stand on his hind legs begging for a treat, come running to you when you open the door, is fine around dogs (unless it's one that doesn't like cats or that he doesn't know very well), he can do commands like sit.

Also, which is probably the best thing. He's very laid back and loving, and he doesn't use his claws (though he still has them). You can lay him on his back and rub and stomach and he enjoys it. Or on the couch you can sit him on his butt like a person and he'll sit there for 5-10 minutes.

I've never had a bad inside cat (only had one), but having bad cat or dog inside would ruin it. Eventually, I'll get a little puppy for inside too. Probably gonna go with a mastiff

Brent
04-09-2012, 08:20 PM
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/04/09/hero-lifeguard-dog-saves-_n_1412776.html

"Dog Saves Puppy From Drowning In Pool"

MiWolves
04-12-2012, 03:33 PM
http://i.imgur.com/k22fI.gif

Dogs are adorable..

Brent
04-12-2012, 03:41 PM
that is ridiculously wonderful.

ImBrotherCain
04-12-2012, 03:50 PM
I like both dogs and cats but I will say that dogs just have personality which makes them better in my eyes

redbills
04-12-2012, 03:51 PM
http://i.imgur.com/k22fI.gif

Dogs are adorable..

My dog does that as well.