PDA

View Full Version : Randy Moss

etk
03-07-2007, 01:08 PM
Now that all of you have probably had heart-attacks, I am horrified to report that we are one of 3 teams that are pursuing a trade for him. Worst of all, if we traded for him, it would completely nullify any possibilty of getting CJ.

Though the Raiders have not initiated any calls to move him, Oakland has listened to offers for Randy Moss. The Raiders are open to the idea of trading Moss, according to a source close to Oakland. Teams that have shown interest, according to the source, are the Patriots, the Packers and the Buccaneers.
-- NFL.com

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/scorecard/03/07/truth.rumors.nfl/index.html

Caddy
03-07-2007, 02:18 PM
His cap value makes him almost untouchable unless a new deal can be devised.

I say no thanks to Randy Moss

etk
03-07-2007, 03:58 PM
His cap value makes him almost untouchable unless a new deal can be devised.

I say no thanks to Randy Moss

As a Bucs fan I can proudly say that we are not one of those teams that would trade for him without a restructured contract. We did it before with Joey Galloway. If CJ was out of the picture this would be something exciting.

Tampa 2 4 life
03-07-2007, 04:18 PM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

(Ten Characters)

slightlyaraiderfan
03-07-2007, 04:18 PM
If he's going to get moved anywhere, he's going to have to restructure. This is from roto...

The Bucs are the latest team to be connected to Randy Moss in trade rumors.

His salary would be very tough for Tampa to swallow. We think that is the main factor holding up any Moss trade, although we'll hear plenty up until the draft.

etk
03-07-2007, 04:23 PM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/si_blogs/nfl/huddle_up/2006/2007/03/will-raiders-trade-moss.html

It says we have 12-1 odds of getting him.

Booger
03-07-2007, 05:50 PM
You can put me in the minority of people who would like to see Randy Moss in a Buccaneers uniform (pending a significant contract restructuring).

He would fill a big need, and allow us to look elsewhere with the #4 overall pick. I understand that there is a lot of love for CJ on this board, and rightfully so, so I dont expect a lot of support for adding Moss.

ks_perfection
03-07-2007, 06:01 PM
Moss is great when things are gonig great offensively, but our team really struggled last year and if we struggle again Moss will just go into auto pilot again.

etk
03-07-2007, 06:54 PM
You can put me in the minority of people who would like to see Randy Moss in a Buccaneers uniform (pending a significant contract restructuring).

He would fill a big need, and allow us to look elsewhere with the #4 overall pick. I understand that there is a lot of love for CJ on this board, and rightfully so, so I dont expect a lot of support for adding Moss.

I support it but only if CJ is out of reach. You just can't ignore his production with the Vikings. As far as I'm concerned, it's the Raiders fault that he struggled in Oakland. How many players have had success there in the first place, at least since DB drilled Gannon and ended his career.

etk
03-07-2007, 08:06 PM
He's reportedly been traded to the Pats already, but it's not been confirmed, so cross your fingers.

Chucky
03-07-2007, 09:11 PM
i would love to see him on the bucs for the right place.

Caddy
03-07-2007, 10:30 PM
He's reportedly been traded to the Pats already, but it's not been confirmed, so cross your fingers.

If that happens to be true, the chances of the Bucs getting CJ is getting smaller and smaller by the week.

Merlin
03-08-2007, 01:32 AM
Forget the restructured contract, why would anyone want this cancer on our team, his attitude stinks, the only time he's happy is when he's in the spotlight, he's proven at the Raiders, that he's a lazy bum, and I question his metal when going across the middle, he's good for one route, the fly/go, and theirs no longer any guarantee he'll come down with it.

I'd rather have a dose of the clap than sign this guy!

etk
03-08-2007, 10:52 AM
Forget the restructured contract, why would anyone want this cancer on our team, his attitude stinks, the only time he's happy is when he's in the spotlight, he's proven at the Raiders, that he's a lazy bum, and I question his metal when going across the middle, he's good for one route, the fly/go, and theirs no longer any guarantee he'll come down with it.

I'd rather have a dose of the clap than sign this guy!

The clap is becoming the new focus of STI advertising. The clap is now more common than idiotic receivers like Randy Moss!!

etk
03-08-2007, 10:59 AM
With the Raiders in the market for a quarterback, there was talk in league circles that the Bucs might try to make Jake Plummer part of a deal for Randy Moss. It is also being speculated that Plummer is not contemplating retirement and that he could be attempting to force the Bucs into trading him to Houston or another team of his choice.
-- Tampa Tribune

Great news if we trade him to Houston, extremely awful news if we trade him to Oakland, because that would completely end all CJ hope.

Bucsfan
03-08-2007, 11:56 AM
no thanks, it would be pointless, unless moss takes a huge paycut and all we have to give up is like a 5th for him, otherwised I wouldnt do it

Caddy
03-08-2007, 02:29 PM
With the Raiders in the market for a quarterback, there was talk in league circles that the Bucs might try to make Jake Plummer part of a deal for Randy Moss. It is also being speculated that Plummer is not contemplating retirement and that he could be attempting to force the Bucs into trading him to Houston or another team of his choice.
-- Tampa Tribune

Great news if we trade him to Houston, extremely awful news if we trade him to Oakland, because that would completely end all CJ hope.

A straight up trade for David Carr sounds pretty good to me

etk
03-08-2007, 03:15 PM
A straight up trade for David Carr sounds pretty good to me

Sounds great but Carr would cost more than Plummer. Three's a crowd, and Carr would be the best of the 3 IMO. Only problem is he holds on to the ball way too long and if our Line doesn't improve we can't afford that.

Caddy
03-08-2007, 10:02 PM
But the line is on the improve so hopefully that doesn't become an issue if in fact the Bucs do pursue Carr.

Chucky
03-08-2007, 10:16 PM
isnt carr still on his rookie contract, he would have to restructure im guessing

Caddy
03-08-2007, 10:36 PM
He is under contract through 2008, but I would still imagine he would need to agree to a new deal before he would be traded to the Bucs.

Bucsfan
03-09-2007, 03:39 PM
I wouldnt mind Carr and Garcia being our QB's, just as long as we get rid of Simms

Chucky
03-09-2007, 03:40 PM
whats wrong with simms

etk
03-09-2007, 03:57 PM
whats wrong with simms

You tell me.....any fan who wants us to get rid of him isn't a true fan.

Caddy
03-09-2007, 04:10 PM
You tell me.....any fan who wants us to get rid of him isn't a true fan.

The only reason we would possibly get rid of Simms is if we got Brady Quinn.