PDA

View Full Version : Ok...Now WR's...Who ya got??

hagy34
04-17-2009, 11:27 PM
Keeping with the theme. If WR is the pick next saturday...Who ya got??

General Zod
04-18-2009, 12:33 AM
Alphonso Smith.

:-)

hagy34
04-18-2009, 12:36 AM
HAHA. You really like Smith. He would be nice in purple....

The Dynasty
04-18-2009, 02:33 AM
Well at first I wanted Nicks but lately I have been really on the Kenny Britt Bandwagon. I just see him doing very well in the NFL and a perfect compliment with Bernard Berrian.

If we take Heyward - Bey i wouldnt be upset. If we take Harvin I might be a little pissed lol. I have never liked the idea of taking Harvin.

1. Britt
2. Nicks
3. Heyward - Bey
4. Harvin

vikes_28
04-18-2009, 08:47 AM
Nicks.....

The_Dude
04-18-2009, 09:27 AM
I would want Nicks, too

General Zod
04-18-2009, 01:07 PM
Ive already gone on record saying that I think the only WRs worth drafting in the first round are Crabtree and Maclin. I dont like Harvin or DHB unless they fall to us in the second. I think that Britt and Nicks are also 2nd/3rd round material.

marshallb
04-18-2009, 01:24 PM
Well at first I wanted Nicks but lately I have been really on the Kenny Britt Bandwagon. I just see him doing very well in the NFL and a perfect compliment with Bernard Berrian.

If we take Heyward - Bey i wouldnt be upset. If we take Harvin I might be a little pissed lol. I have never liked the idea of taking Harvin.

1. Britt
2. Nicks
3. Heyward - Bey
4. Harvin

That is pretty much exactly what I think, and my exact rankings for us.

Kid_Ego
04-18-2009, 02:07 PM
Nicks the rest are projects with questionable hands speed is over rated. I dont care if you run a 3.2 forty if you cant catch the ball you suck.
Chris carter never got alot of seperation either but he still caught alot of balls

BGB
04-18-2009, 04:05 PM
For me it goes

Harvin

Nicks
DHB

Britt

Crazy_Chris
04-18-2009, 11:31 PM
For me it goes like this with the WR's
Kenny Britt

Hakeem Nicks

Percy Harvin
Darius Heywerd-Bey
Brian Robiskie

Crazy_Chris
04-19-2009, 04:20 PM
Very close race between Hakeem Nicks and Kenny Britt, either one IMO is exactly what the Vikings need across from Bernard Berrian. I am surprised to see DHB get any votes he hasn't gotten a lot of talk from us. But for good reason when I was watching NFL network and Mayock compared him to Troy Williamson that was pretty much it for me.

DHVF
04-19-2009, 04:30 PM
Very close race between Hakeem Nicks and Kenny Britt, either one IMO is exactly what the Vikings need across from Bernard Berrian. I am surprised to see DHB get any votes he hasn't gotten a lot of talk from us. But for good reason when I was watching NFL network and Mayock compared him to Troy Williamson that was pretty much it for me.
See I don't really agree with the Williamson comparisons as he is nowhere near as bad at tracking balls in the air, has never had the concentration issues Williamson had and is a much better attitude than did Troy. Nevertheless I still don't want him on the Vikings as the guy he really reminds me of is Bernard Berrian. Now he could very well end up being better than Bernard, but what our receiving corps need is a consistent receiving target that can go across the middle and make the tough third down reception. For this reason, I really hope we go with Hakeem Nicks as he provided those exact qualities and more for North Carolina and I really do project those abilities of his to transfer over to the pro game. Overall I really wasn't nearly as impressed with Britt in watching him, despite his obvious advantages in size in comparison to Nicks.

BlueBandit24
04-19-2009, 07:04 PM
DHB is my favorite prospect of the bunch, but for reasons stated above I don't think he would be the best fit for the Vikes. I'd be happy with Nicks or Britt and wouldn't hate DHB or Harvin either. But if I had to pick one I'd say Nicks.

hagy34
04-21-2009, 07:01 PM
I'd be happy with any of them but I think DHB is a distant 4th in my book. He has some serious upside but lacked production and the situation just reminds me too much of Troy Williamson. It will be interesting to see what happens if Britton is gone and all four of these guys are on the board because then we will really find out who the front office likes the most. With all the negative local talk surrounding Harvin at this point I wouldn't rule him out, it seems that whenever teams say they don't like player A, they end up taking him. It will be an exciting weekend.

The Dynasty
04-21-2009, 09:22 PM
I heard on NFLN Path to the Draft that Hakeem Nicks supposedly had a work out last week and after a couple of routes (forgot the exact number, I know it wasn't to high) he was tired. I have seen some people worried about his weight issue and his physical conditions and just hearing that makes me a little worry.

hagy34
04-21-2009, 09:32 PM
I heard on NFLN Path to the Draft that Hakeem Nicks supposedly had a work out last week and after a couple of routes (forgot the exact number, I know it wasn't to high) he was tired. I have seen some people worried about his weight issue and his physical conditions and just hearing that makes me a little worry.

Mike Williams #2???

marshallb
04-21-2009, 10:00 PM

Yea, I just caught the tail end of that, and I just worry about his work ethic and conditioning. Partly that and just talent wise, makes me rather have Britt. I could see Britt being a legitimate top level #1, where as I see Nicks as more of a TJ Houshmandzadeh, a guy who's better off as a team's #2 and is excellent at that. I also, see Berrian as more of a very, very good #2, and that's why I'd like to get the #1 in Britt.
I don't know if that makes any sense, but it made sense in my head, at least somewhat.

DHVF
04-21-2009, 10:17 PM
Yea, I just caught the tail end of that, and I just worry about his work ethic and conditioning. Partly that and just talent wise, makes me rather have Britt. I could see Britt being a legitimate top level #1, where as I see Nicks as more of a TJ Houshmandzadeh, a guy who's better off as a team's #2 and is excellent at that. I also, see Berrian as more of a very, very good #2, and that's why I'd like to get the #1 in Britt.
I don't know if that makes any sense, but it made sense in my head, at least somewhat.
See I really don't care for Britt much from what I've seen. Even at the college level he really seemed to get little to no separation and never appeared to do any damage after the catch. Also his hands leave something to be desired, so overall I'd much rather have Nicks. Maybe with these concerns popping up though we'd be able to move down with our first pick to the top of the second round and snag him there. That'd definitely make me a happy boy.

hagy34
04-21-2009, 10:26 PM

Haha that makes sense for the most part. If the guy we draft turns into a legit #1 then we are in great shape because Berrian as a very good #2 in this league and with AD in the backfield he is a great #2.

brat316
04-21-2009, 10:55 PM
I thought Vikings fans would hate DHB, after the last track athlete they drafted.

Britt is much better than Nicks. When Nicks usually gets open its because of blown coverage. He barley got open with his acceleration or route running, in the NFL his speed against better Cbs will be non-existent, and he is not a great route runner. I was pulling for Nicks before until I saw some things and then realized Britt was actually better.

Britt gets open by doing the small things right, he is in the same boat as Nicks for speed. But he gets open by his good route running, and doing the small things right.

DHVF
04-21-2009, 11:21 PM
I thought Vikings fans would hate DHB, after the last track athlete they drafted.

Britt is much better than Nicks. When Nicks usually gets open its because of blown coverage. He barley got open with his acceleration or route running, in the NFL his speed against better Cbs will be non-existent, and he is not a great route runner. I was pulling for Nicks before until I saw some things and then realized Britt was actually better.

Britt gets open by doing the small things right, he is in the same boat as Nicks for speed. But he gets open by his good route running, and doing the small things right.
I really wonder what tape you've watched of the two, as I saw the exact opposite from watching them both play. From my observations, Nicks is a much more natural pass catcher and is from everything I've seen runs significantly crisper routes. The only thing that Britt has on Nicks in my book is size and conditioning if the reports are true.

BGB
04-22-2009, 12:48 AM
I bet if everyone watched this nice 11 minute video breaking down the WR's in this draft before they voted that poll would look a lot differnt.

Crabtree, Harvin, and Maclin are MILES AND MILES ahead of DHB, Nicks, and Britt as prospects.

http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d80fe6b1b

BGB
04-22-2009, 12:52 AM

God I thoght I was the only one who saw that! I wonder if people even know what they are looking at. Nicks cant even run away from horrible college CB's. The game against WVU was a perfect example. Go back and watch the highlights again. Every play you'll either say that was horrible coverage or that ball gets picked off in the NFL.

Crazy_Chris
04-22-2009, 02:30 PM
I bet if everyone watched this nice 11 minute video breaking down the WR's in this draft before they voted that poll would look a lot differnt.

Crabtree, Harvin, and Maclin are MILES AND MILES ahead of DHB, Nicks, and Britt as prospects.

Doesn't change my opinion, not one bit I still want Kenny Britt.

The Dynasty
04-22-2009, 02:54 PM

Like chris said I wouldn't change my mind over what so called experts say. I would love to have the possibility to get Crabtree or Maclin but thats not realistic. I wouldn't take Harvin till the 2nd round. Too much of a risk, I dont care that he is a top 10 talent. Adam Jones was a top 10 Talent and look at him now. Harvin has to many questions about character and maturity and now the failed drug test, he isnt worth a 1st round in my eyes. DHB concerns me because of how much he is to troy williamson. Nicks and Britt are the two I would want because of the height and they are the type of Wide Out that we need. Both have concerns though either weight or hands.

I dont see us going WR till 2nd or 3rd.

hagy34
04-22-2009, 02:57 PM
I know a lot of you hate Harvin but how awesome would it be if he fell into our laps at 54? Britton and Harvin on day one would be unbelievable. Chilly's kick ass offense might actually be fun to watch....

The Dynasty
04-22-2009, 03:00 PM
I know a lot of you hate Harvin but how awesome would it be if he fell into our laps at 54? Britton and Harvin on day one would be unbelievable. Chilly's kick ass offense might actually be fun to watch....

If he is there at 54 you have to jump on him. Even though I consider him a risk and a player i really don't want on the team you take him and hope he matures and all the character issues aren't true. I don't see him falling to us though. That would be a huge fall for him.

marshallb
04-22-2009, 04:17 PM
I think that I found out what you were talking about, I'd post a link, but I might get in trouble, b/c it's on a rival's draft site. It was reported by Shawn Zobel, but all that it says is that it's between Harvin and Britton, and that most coaches want Harvin, but Childress wants Britton, and that his "source" thinks the pick will be Harvin. It does NOT say anything about only 2 people in the organization wanting Harvin, unless you have another source.
Also, that was posted on April 16th, which would have been 6 days ago, and before the positive test info.

marshallb
04-22-2009, 04:26 PM
I think that I found out what you were talking about, I'd post a link, but I might get in trouble, b/c it's on a rival's draft site. It was reported by Shawn Zobel, but all that it says is that it's between Harvin and Britton, and that most coaches want Harvin, but Childress wants Britton, and that his "source" thinks the pick will be Harvin. It does NOT say anything about only 2 people in the organization wanting Harvin, unless you have another source.
Also, that was posted on April 16th, which would have been 6 days ago, and before the positive test info.

BGB
04-22-2009, 04:30 PM

He'll be our pick at 22 if he is there. Unless Chilly throws a temper tantrum and convinces the other 8 people including Spielman that we shouldn't take him. There are only 2 people in the orginization that dont want Harvin. Chilly is one of them.

Lucky for us Spielman runs the draft not Chilly.

marshallb
04-22-2009, 04:32 PM

Crazy_Chris
04-22-2009, 04:40 PM
He'll be our pick at 22 if he is there. Unless Chilly throws a temper tantrum and convinces the other 8 people including Spielman that we shouldn't take him. There are only 2 people in the orginization that dont want Harvin. Chilly is one of them.

Lucky for us Spielman runs the draft not Chilly.

What source did you get this from, that supposedly most the people in the orginization want Harvin?

marshallb
04-22-2009, 04:55 PM
Doesn't change my opinion, not one bit I still want Kenny Britt.

Same here. If Britton is gone and we can't trade down, I'd love it if we tood Britt.

marshallb
04-22-2009, 04:57 PM

I agree, but like The Dynasty said, it's not real likely to happen, but it is much more likely to happen than it was 2 days ago.

marshallb
04-22-2009, 04:59 PM
What source did you get this from, that supposedly most the people in the orginization want Harvin?

I also would like to know the source. I find it hard to believe that the Vikings would be willing to leak this information unless it was a smokescreen, and I believe that this would have been said before the failed drug test information, so even if it were true, it could all be thrown out the window.

The Dynasty
04-22-2009, 05:41 PM
Well Steve Wyche from NFLN was talking about Harvin and I guess the vikings are high on Percy Harvin. But There is a team behind us that could leap frog us and take Harvin. Although this could be a big smokescreen just to mess with people who knows. Got to love the draft.

Another reason why Harvin worries me is the history of the Florida Wide Receivers in the NFL. You can say that Darrell Jackson, Ike Hillard, Jabar Gaffney, and Cris Collinsworth are the 4 best from Florida but that is not saying much.

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfldraft/draft/tracker/history?year=-1&round=-1&position=1&college=2172

It says insider but it isn't.

marshallb
04-22-2009, 06:42 PM

I figured that I should bring this down, since it was posted down here, but was moved up due to a glitch.

hagy34
04-30-2009, 12:41 AM
I'd be happy with any of them but I think DHB is a distant 4th in my book. He has some serious upside but lacked production and the situation just reminds me too much of Troy Williamson. It will be interesting to see what happens if Britton is gone and all four of these guys are on the board because then we will really find out who the front office likes the most. With all the negative local talk surrounding Harvin at this point I wouldn't rule him out, it seems that whenever teams say they don't like player A, they end up taking him. It will be an exciting weekend.

Funny to look back at this...

BGB
04-30-2009, 11:09 AM
Funny to look back at this...

Nice avatar. Harvin is going to be a stud.

Dr. Gonzo
04-30-2009, 11:24 AM
I feel so smart for voting Harvin!