PDA

View Full Version : Scott, a question.......

Captain Canuck
04-18-2009, 07:44 AM
I was wondering what the chances are that Brian Cushing drops to the late first round? Since the Bills traded Jason Peters, I would really like them to land Oher at #11, and grab either a DE or LB at #28. It looks like Larry English will be there, but what about Cushing?

Scott Wright
04-18-2009, 08:09 AM
I think Cushing is going to go in the middle of round one.

The image-consciousness NFL wouldn't have invited him to the draft if he was going to drop.

Bobertchin
04-18-2009, 08:40 AM
I bet that's what people said about Aaron Rodgers, too ;)

But the NFL invited everyone and his grandmother to the draft in NY this year. Some of those players are going to be sitting there for a while.

Scott Wright
04-18-2009, 09:24 AM
I bet that's what people said about Aaron Rodgers, too ;)

But the NFL invited everyone and his grandmother to the draft in NY this year. Some of those players are going to be sitting there for a while.

And it was that P.R. disaster that made the NFL gun-shy about their invites.\

Last year they invited six guys and they were the first six picks.

keylime_5
04-18-2009, 09:44 AM
when you invite 9 or 11 or however many guys it is that they are inviting this year, at least one if gonna drop into the 20s I'd imagine. Maybe Freeman or Cushing. I don't think Cushing will last past 25 or 26 though at worst.

Smokey Joe
04-18-2009, 10:15 AM
Like I said before, they should just invite the top 20-30 (determined by polling all 32 teams) prospects to the draft. That way more fans get to see their team's first pick when they go there, and it's less nerve wracking for a player to drop into the 20's.

Highagain
04-18-2009, 10:48 AM
Like I said before, they should just invite the top 20-30 (determined by polling all 32 teams) prospects to the draft. That way more fans get to see their team's first pick when they go there, and it's less nerve wracking for a player to drop into the 20's.

How is the NFL going to make teams give accurate rankings?

LookItsAlDavis
04-18-2009, 11:17 AM
How is the NFL going to make teams give accurate rankings?

Goodell would just look into their eyes and get all of the information that he needs....

proshoota25
04-18-2009, 12:01 PM
they can just look at scotts mock to determine who to invite :) haha

Bobertchin
04-18-2009, 12:49 PM
And it was that P.R. disaster that made the NFL gun-shy about their invites.\

Last year they invited six guys and they were the first six picks.

I see your point, but this year they invited so many players that they'll be sitting there a while. I actually have a theory on this. I think the Rodgers thing actually HELPED the NFL draft get more viewers. Some people tuned in just to see if it would happen again. So it's possible that the NFL has decided that people like seeing guys either on stage OR waiting to be picked and sweating it. So this year they invited more people. I hope they are all in the first half of the first round. I really do. I just don't think it's likely, especially this year where the order is so hard to predict. The NFL has no way of knowing where these guys will be picked. Teams aren't going to tell, right? So the draft committee is guessing, as best it can. They guessed pretty well last year. We'll see about this year. I think last year's draft was a bit easier to predict (at the top anyway).