PDA

View Full Version : Mulitalo Cut

Bohleive
03-07-2007, 01:57 PM
http://ravens24x7.com/column_view.php?cid=13&id=1215&view=archive
They speculate that it could be a move to free up cap space for Willis, though I think it's just to free up cap space in general. Mulitalo was unwilling to take a pay cut I guess.

EdReedUnstoppable
03-07-2007, 02:02 PM
Bye bye JO, I expect he'll retire shortly.

EdReedUnstoppable
03-07-2007, 02:07 PM
In reading that story let me also say this, what is Drew Rosenhaus smoking that he thinks Willis should get anywhere near Shaun Alexander money. I wouldn't even give Willis Travis Henry money, Im really hopin we dont deal for that clwon he is nothing but trouble, and having that agent is another source of trouble.....stay away Ravens please stay away!

Bohleive
03-07-2007, 02:08 PM
Bye bye JO, I expect he'll retire shortly.

I disagree, I think this has little or no effect on JO's decision. I am still very confident that JO will be back. Players are used to guys coming and going, it's the nature of the business. Just how good of friends do we know JO and Mule to be? JO is still a top OT in this league and he still has another good shot at a ring next year. I think he retires in '08.

EdReedUnstoppable
03-07-2007, 02:09 PM
WOAH!!!! Read the bottome of that article......Marshawn Lynch in Black and Purple would be like heaven!

Bohleive
03-07-2007, 02:10 PM
In reading that story let me also say this, what is Drew Rosenhaus smoking that he thinks Willis should get anywhere near Shaun Alexander money.

This on the other hand I absolutely agree with. Willis needs to average pver 4.0 ypc for a season before demanding probowl RB money.

EdReedUnstoppable
03-07-2007, 02:21 PM
I disagree, I think this has little or no effect on JO's decision. I am still very confident that JO will be back. Players are used to guys coming and going, it's the nature of the business. Just how good of friends do we know JO and Mule to be? JO is still a top OT in this league and he still has another good shot at a ring next year. I think he retires in '08.

I know when the talk of JO retiring first came about, there was talk it depended on how Mulitalo's situation was handled........thats the only reason I say that.

Bohleive
03-07-2007, 02:23 PM
I know when the talk of JO retiring first came about, there was talk it depended on how Mulitalo's situation was handled........thats the only reason I say that.

There's always talk like that, but unless it comes from JO's mouth, I don't believe it.

SeanTaylorRIP
03-07-2007, 02:30 PM
You can tell by Ogdens demeanor that he wants to retire now. He just seems pissed off and uninterested with football now and at this point the only reason he would play would be to collect some extra cash. He feels as he has accomplished everything in his career, and it's well known that he isn't in great terms with the organization.

Bohleive
03-07-2007, 02:33 PM
it's well known that he isn't in great terms with the organization.

Well known by whom? We all know that he was upset about the passing of his father last season, but that aside I don't see where JO was that dsigruntled. In fact I'm almost positive that this whole thing was brought on by the passing of his father and has little to do with the Ravens org., money, or his love of the game. I think the chance to win another ring, maybe even dedicated to his dad, will bring him back for one more go.

EdReedUnstoppable
03-07-2007, 02:35 PM
I honestly dont care if Ogden retires or not, you all know I believe we are gonna take a huge step back from last year anyway, but frankly Im sick of seeing him whine and cry on the field when a play gets 5 yards instead of 50, so whatever he does is fine by me.

SeanTaylorRIP
03-07-2007, 02:37 PM
Ogden was so PO'd when we cut his brother.

ccB
03-07-2007, 02:37 PM
I honestly dont care if Ogden retires or not, you all know I believe we are gonna take a huge step back from last year anyway, but frankly Im sick of seeing him whine and cry on the field when a play gets 5 yards instead of 50, so whatever he does is fine by me.

Yeah i dont have high expectations for next year so I really dont care who leaves as long as its not, Mark Clayton, Todd Heap, Terrell Suggs, Bart Scott or Ed Reed.

EdReedUnstoppable
03-07-2007, 02:39 PM
Dont forget D Will I dont want D Will to ever leave that dude is gonna be awesome!!

EdReedUnstoppable
03-07-2007, 02:40 PM
Losing Mulitalo sucks though, I liked Ed he was a good guy and he looked like he had returned to form before his injury. I hope he continues his career and keeps playing at a top level he deserves that.

ccB
03-07-2007, 02:48 PM
Yeah Ed was a good guy but he has to realize he isnt what he used to be and if he isnt going to be reasonable about his salary than he has to go.

go_ravens94
03-07-2007, 02:49 PM
Pointless to sign or trade for RB if you don't have a good offensive line to back him up... Maybe Mulitalo got hurt again?... I trust Ozzie to do what's right though... I'm just reminiscing about the '02 cuts... I thank god this isn't that yet... But it's early.

Bohleive
03-07-2007, 02:53 PM
Ogden was so PO'd when we cut his brother.
He was a little ticked, so what? He knows it's a business. I'm pretty sure he got over it relatively fast. Hell, his brother has done local radio shows since then.
Damn, some of you guys are downright depressing. The Ravens went friggin 13-3 last season and the bulk of our team is stil intact. So we lost some people, so what? Didn't Pittsburgh lose Burress and others before they won the SB, didn't Indy lose Edge and some OL before last season? You guys act like it's the end of the world. Like I've been saying all through FA, all we need is a running game and to stay healthy and we're right in the thick of things. Sure staying healthy is pure luck, but every team goes through the same thing. Let's let a couple games go by next season before we start burying our division champ team, you know the one that had the best defense in the league last season and an offense that rose in production in each successive game.

RaVeNFaNaCtIc
03-07-2007, 03:01 PM
wow we lost a huge part of our o-line, not to mention losing Pahos as well and J.O. may retire. That would give us just Adam Terry at tackle. What is up with the ravens this offseason.I think Ozzie wants all the young players to step up.

EdReedUnstoppable
03-07-2007, 03:08 PM
He was a little ticked, so what? He knows it's a business. I'm pretty sure he got over it relatively fast. Hell, his brother has done local radio shows since then.
Damn, some of you guys are downright depressing. The Ravens went friggin 13-3 last season and the bulk of our team is stil intact. So we lost some people, so what? Didn't Pittsburgh lose Burress and others before they won the SB, didn't Indy lose Edge and some OL before last season? You guys act like it's the end of the world. Like I've been saying all through FA, all we need is a running game and to stay healthy and we're right in the thick of things. Sure staying healthy is pure luck, but every team goes through the same thing. Let's let a couple games go by next season before we start burying our division champ team, you know the one that had the best defense in the league last season and an offense that rose in production in each successive game.

We need more than just a running game, we need a QB, we need an OLB, we need depth on the DL and OL we need alot. And even if we had re-signed some of these people I would have still told ya were gonna take a huge step because as Ive said last year IMO was a bit of a fluke.

jkpigskin
03-07-2007, 03:13 PM
now its time to cut vincent!

i really like mulitalo, i will miss him

niel89
03-07-2007, 03:15 PM
Well known by whom? We all know that he was upset about the passing of his father last season, but that aside I don't see where JO was that dsigruntled. In fact I'm almost positive that this whole thing was brought on by the passing of his father and has little to do with the Ravens org., money, or his love of the game. I think the chance to win another ring, maybe even dedicated to his dad, will bring him back for one more go.

he wasnt very happy for a while. it was written in the baltimore sun a while ago. mule was mostly something he was comfortable with they played beside each other for 8 years and it does hurt his chances to come back. atleast JO will be respectful enough to tell us early unlike Roaf.

i really think it would hurt us but im sure we can find a way to survive. terry at LT and maybe draft a RT early and we can get by atleast

niel89
03-07-2007, 03:16 PM
now its time to cut vincent!

i really like mulitalo, i will miss him

me too muitalo was really working hard to come back too.

mikedoobie
03-07-2007, 07:36 PM
i dont agree with cutting him over Vincent but we will be gone with Vincent next year so im waiting on that..im just praying that ogden stays and if he doesnt we will have an extremely hard time trying to replace him, we can with Terry but then we must draft another T, we already have no depth there and the only way i could see our front office cutting mulitalo and letting Pashos go is in the case they felt confident JO would be back and im sure he wil *knock on wood*

Bohleive
03-07-2007, 07:55 PM
We need more than just a running game, we need a QB, we need an OLB, we need depth on the DL and OL we need alot. And even if we had re-signed some of these people I would have still told ya were gonna take a huge step because as Ive said last year IMO was a bit of a fluke.

Everyone in the league needs depth, that's just the nature of it, and part of the whole 'staying healthy' thing. As for QB and OLB I guess we just disagree there I think the combos of JJ/Cody and McNair/Boller can get it done.
And whoever said about JO's unhappiness being documented in the sun, that's a joke, in fact I'd bet $20 it came right from Mike Prestons pie-filled mouth. He was upset because his father died, end of story. I think everyone can understand that, the rest is just bs speculation.

JDB7821
03-07-2007, 08:52 PM
Raven fans want to give a Falcon fan the inside on this guy? We need a big starting LG to fit Petrino's scheme and I don't know anything outside of his size. Is he good in pass protection/run blocking? What kind of money is he going to command?

niel89
03-07-2007, 10:53 PM
he is a run blocker

evershot
03-08-2007, 02:14 PM
What type of o-lineman was Mulitalo last year? I'm just wondering because it was kinda of curious of why Mulitalo was expendable. I know he was injured 2 seasons ago but I got the feeling that towards the end of the year he was getting back to his nasty self. He seemed to be the type of player that could last another 3 years because of his run blocking ability.

ccB
03-08-2007, 02:18 PM
What type of o-lineman was Mulitalo last year? I'm just wondering because it was kinda of curious of why Mulitalo was expendable. I know he was injured 2 seasons ago but I got the feeling that towards the end of the year he was getting back to his nasty self. He seemed to be the type of player that could last another 3 years because of his run blocking ability.Ughhh he only played 4 games last year all of which were in the beginning of the year so I really have no clue what you are talking about when you say he was "returning to his nasty self" at the end of the year. So I really dont know why youd make stuff up about how he played. Perhaps trying to make your knowledge of other teams seem greater then what it is?

Hes expendable for many reasons...

1. We wanted to restructure his deal apparently he didnt want to.
2. We have two young studs capable of playing gaurd in Jason Brown and Chris Chester.
3. We wanted to clear cap space so we could get the Willis McGahee deal done
4. He's beginning to show signs of wear and tear

ChefMike
03-08-2007, 02:26 PM
Give him a HUGE Contract and make it long term..... Mule is great for your locker room and will teach your younger players how to be Pro's

(OK I am not going to bash the guy ! He wasnt a bad player for us ! But I don't want him back at the price is wants and he is on the downside of his career as well ! Lets hope he goes to another Team and gets a huge contract he has put a lot of money back in to Baltimore with his foundation and has been a great guy for the community here in town)

evershot
03-08-2007, 02:30 PM
Ughhh he only played 4 games last year all of which were in the beginning of the year so I really have no clue what you are talking about when you say he was "returning to his nasty self" at the end of the year. So I really dont know why youd make stuff up about how he played. Perhaps trying to make your knowledge of other teams seem greater then what it is?

Hes expendable for many reasons...

1. We wanted to restructure his deal apparently he didnt want to.
2. We have two young studs capable of playing gaurd in Jason Brown and Chris Chester.
3. We wanted to clear cap space so we could get the Willis McGahee deal done
4. He's beginning to show signs of wear and tear

Just asking a honest question here.

Good day Sir.