PDA

View Full Version : How can the Chiefs take Curry?

gpngc
04-18-2009, 02:04 PM
Casserly was on PTTD last night and brought up this question. They've got a bunch of LBs and you don't pay a #3 pick to sit on the bench and learn in his first year making that much $.

Base 3-4: Hali- D. Johnson- Z. Thomas- Vrabel

Who's sitting for Aaron Curry?

He also said they love Tyson Jackson. I'd imagine Pioli wants to trade down definitely, but it's unlikely he'll find a willing partner.

What to make of this? Why acquire Thomas and Vrabel if your eyes are on Curry?

Splat
04-18-2009, 02:06 PM
We have been talking about this in this thread.

http://draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=32676

I really don't think the Chiefs take Curry at this point but if they did he would for sure start.

vidae
04-18-2009, 02:48 PM
Because Curry is already an upgrade over Zach Thomas? Thomas was horrible in Dallas last year. A veteran / backup presence is worth the veteran minimum for this team. Curry would start right away at any of the LB positions imo.

Crickett
04-18-2009, 02:52 PM
Considering there is so much discussion about Curry's ability to rush the passer, I think that implies that they would keep him at OLB. And given Vrabel's age, I think they would share time.

stephenson86
04-18-2009, 03:00 PM
they give goodell a card with his name on it???? :D

i dont think they should take him because i think they have other more pressing needs at other positions that they should address before ILB, i would like to see them take crabs

espnhatesthe49ers
04-18-2009, 03:07 PM
I guess they're planning to run Pendergrast 4-3 under defense now. Where Vrabel lines up in that defense is my question. Is he a strong side linebacker or do they put him at the Predator position? If he's a predator that opens the door to put Curry at strong side. Arizona had Betrand Berry and Travis Laboy running that position last year.

bored of education
04-18-2009, 03:25 PM
I guess they're planning to run Pendergrast 4-3 under defense now. Where Vrabel lines up in that defense is my question. Is he a strong side linebacker or do they put him at the Predator position? If he's a predator that opens the door to put Curry at strong side. Arizona had Betrand Berry and Travis Laboy running that position last year.

I think the 4-3 under scheme gives KC more versatility and more options via the draft. I don't like Tyson Jackson as a 3-4 5 tech at all. If I was going to draft him their I'd draft him around 25-30. Adam Carriker was so much more of a beast than TJ as a 5 tech prospect and Ty Warren even.

Babylon
04-18-2009, 03:50 PM
I'm sure they'll trade that pick if they can and probably take 50 cents on the dollar to do it.

hagy34
04-18-2009, 03:50 PM
We have been talking about this in this thread.

http://draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=32676

I really don't think the Chiefs take Curry at this point but if they did he would for sure start.

Agreed. If they take him they have start him.

keylime_5
04-18-2009, 03:54 PM

SLB-Vrabel
MLB-Thomas
WLB-Johnson
RDE/Rush LB-Hali

Johnson in Dansby's spot and Thomas in Hayes' spot in comparison to Arizona. If they get Curry I'd imagine they'd rotate Hali in and out and use Vrabel at the rush linebacker spot. However since Vrabel and Thomas are only 1 or 2 year stopgaps, Curry could take over longterm at either LILB or LOLB. Thomas is clearly on the decline and has been injured a lot the past few years anyways, he might be a rotational veteran at MLB, though he certainly can be counted as a full time starter if they don't draft Curry. He gives them options if nothing else.

Shane P. Hallam
04-18-2009, 03:58 PM
I think the 4-3 under scheme gives KC more versatility and more options via the draft. I don't like Tyson Jackson as a 3-4 5 tech at all. If I was going to draft him their I'd draft him around 25-30. Adam Carriker was so much more of a beast than TJ as a 5 tech prospect and Ty Warren even.

Exactly, they aren't running a 3-4 anymore! I think if they can drop down a bit, a real nice fit in that 4-3 Under would be Everette Brown IMO. But honestly, Curry can play any of the positions in it, and Thomas/Vrabel won't last too long.

etk
04-18-2009, 05:12 PM
Exactly, they aren't running a 3-4 anymore! I think if they can drop down a bit, a real nice fit in that 4-3 Under would be Everette Brown IMO. But honestly, Curry can play any of the positions in it, and Thomas/Vrabel won't last too long.

I agree. Everette Brown would be a great pick to shore up their pass rush.

But...Tamba Hali, Turk McBride, Phillip Merling, Mike Vrabel. Where do you stop?

BUC backer
04-18-2009, 05:56 PM
I agree. Everette Brown would be a great pick to shore up their pass rush.

But...Tamba Hali, Turk McBride, Phillip Merling, Mike Vrabel. Where do you stop?

an honest mistake I'm guessing?

Gchu83
04-18-2009, 06:32 PM
Casserly's draft record with the Texans was an absolute joke, it's this type of reasoning that led to so many bad picks for Houston. You don't completely disregard talent just because of you already have some decent players at that position, especially at LB when 2 of them are 33 and 35 respectively.

keylime_5
04-18-2009, 06:34 PM
Casserly did suck as GM of Houston, but wasn't his situation in 2006 where he picked the players in that draft before he left (which is weird)? If I remember correctly he's the one who picked Mario Williams and DeMeco Ryans, Houston had a good draft that year. I'm pretty sure Thomas would sit for Curry, but they'd have a rotation with Curry moving around like Shawne Merriman did his rookie year, playing ILB and OLB.

T-RICH49
04-18-2009, 06:34 PM
reasons why KC will take Curry:

the LB's we brought in are all over 30.

we need help defensively

if he's the best player on their board

vidae
04-18-2009, 06:49 PM
reasons why KC will take Curry:

the LB's we brought in are all over 30.

we need help defensively

if he's the best player on their board

qft. Tony gets it!

Matthew Jones
04-18-2009, 07:39 PM
Charley Casserly is responsible for drafting most of the impact players for Houston.

Andre Johnson, Mario Williams, DeMeco Ryans, Eric Winston, Dunta Robinson, Owen Daniels...

He's definitely not a terrible GM. He was in a very small minority that graded out Mario Williams ahead of Reggie Bush, Vince Young, Matt Leinart, D'Brickashaw Ferguson, etc. for that #1 pick. Everyone knows you need a QB to win unless you're the 2000 Ravens and your team has Pro Bowlers all over it and a star coaching staff, and had Tony Boselli played at left tackle, David Carr probably wouldn't have turned out too bad. Not the best GM ever but he takes a real beating and it's not really deserved.

Splat
04-18-2009, 07:54 PM
Reasons why the Chiefs won't draft Curry.

1.They have bigger needs.

2.They don't want to make a rookie the highest paid LB ever.

3.They picked up four LB's in FA.

4.Pioli likes vet LB's.

keylime_5
04-18-2009, 08:00 PM
Reasons why the Chiefs won't draft Curry.

1.They have bigger needs.

2.They don't want to make a rookie the highest paid LB ever.

3.They picked up four LB's in FA.

4.Pioli likes vet LB's.

5.If they do take a LB that high he better be a [proven] pass rusher of a linebacker.
Curry's probably an ILB in the 3-4, or at least that's his best fit.

eazyb81
04-18-2009, 08:04 PM
They won't, and most people with a clue have said this from the beginning.

Curry is an ILB in a 3-4, and ILB is arguably the easiest position to fill in that scheme. A loaded team like New England can afford to take an ILB in the 1st because they really don't have many needs.

However, KC has to take a player at a premium position to make the transition to the 3-4, which means NT, OLB, or even DE.

Curry makes absolutely no sense for KC, but people have been plugging him there anyways for months because it helps when filling out mock drafts.

Splat
04-18-2009, 08:06 PM

Curry is an ILB in a 3-4, and ILB is arguably the easiest position to fill in that scheme. A loaded team like New England can afford to take an ILB in the 1st because they really don't have many needs.

However, KC has to take a player at a premium position to make the transition to the 3-4, which means NT, OLB, or even DE.

Curry makes absolutely no sense for KC, but people have been plugging him there anyways for months because it helps when filling out mock drafts.

Exactly!!! I have to admit I was under Curry's spell for awhile but have flip flopped hard not fall in love with the kid but he won't be a Chief.

gpngc
04-18-2009, 08:07 PM

So they're going to take Raji, Orakpo, or T. Jackson?

Monroe?

keylime_5
04-18-2009, 08:09 PM
I think he'd get his first shot at OLB in a 3-4 though, and everyone and their mother has been saying he could play both inside and out in a 3-4 all along. He wasn't asked to rush the passer in college, but he has the tools to be a great pass rusher. I've heard a lot of Adalius Thomas and LaVarr Arrington comparions from some people who know what they're talking about, though his game is probably somewhere between those two and Derrick Brooks/Takeo Spikes. Very versatile guy who can become a top pass rusher in the NFL potentially. That is the flipside of things at least. I think it's very very possible KC passes on Curry, but if they do it won't be a very easy decision to come by.

Lokie
04-18-2009, 08:09 PM
5.If they do take a LB that high he better be a [proven] pass rusher of a linebacker.
Curry's probably an ILB in the 3-4, or at least that's his best fit.

Aren't you one of the Browns fans who really wants Curry?

eazyb81
04-18-2009, 08:10 PM

Monroe?

Trading down has to be Pioli's top option, but if he can't then I think Raji or Jackson make sense. However, I wouldn't be shocked to see Pioli and Haley gamble on Crabtree - an argument could be made that he would be the best value there, and a combo of Bowe and Crabtree would really help Cassel.

I don't think they'll go after an OT simply because Albert looked great on the left side last year and it would be a waste to move him to guard or RT.

Splat
04-18-2009, 08:11 PM

Monroe?

I think it will be Raji or Jackson my self with Monroe maybe being a wild card but unlikely.

eazyb81
04-18-2009, 08:15 PM
I think he'd get his first shot at OLB in a 3-4 though, and everyone and their mother has been saying he could play both inside and out in a 3-4 all along. He wasn't asked to rush the passer in college, but he has the tools to be a great pass rusher. I've heard a lot of Adalius Thomas and LaVarr Arrington comparions from some people who know what they're talking about, though his game is probably somewhere between those two and Derrick Brooks/Takeo Spikes. Very versatile guy who can become a top pass rusher in the NFL potentially. That is the flipside of things at least. I think it's very very possible KC passes on Curry, but if they do it won't be a very easy decision to come by.

Yes, people do keep saying this - doesn't mean they are correct.

Tell me how many players played LB in a 4-3 scheme in college and then went on to play OLB in 3-4. You won't find many, if any, because that's not how it works. There's a lot more technique involved in rushing the passer than most fans realize.

Curry can tackle in space but he hasn't shown any pass rush moves or the ability to use his hands well to get around linemen. That's not something you just pick up in training camp.

Gchu83
04-18-2009, 08:17 PM
Charley Casserly is responsible for drafting most of the impact players for Houston.

Andre Johnson, Mario Williams, DeMeco Ryans, Eric Winston, Dunta Robinson, Owen Daniels...

He's definitely not a terrible GM. He was in a very small minority that graded out Mario Williams ahead of Reggie Bush, Vince Young, Matt Leinart, D'Brickashaw Ferguson, etc. for that #1 pick. Everyone knows you need a QB to win unless you're the 2000 Ravens and your team has Pro Bowlers all over it and a star coaching staff, and had Tony Boselli played at left tackle, David Carr probably wouldn't have turned out too bad. Not the best GM ever but he takes a real beating and it's not really deserved.

I've always wondered how much of Casserly's imput was taken in the 2006 draft. He was already on his way out as GM and I can't see McNair/Kubiak letting someone who wasn't going to be there having the final say.

Even if he was the one who orchestrated the 2006 draft (which most of the guys you mentioned came from), he made some very terrible picks the prior years: Travis Johnson - passed on Derrick Johnson, Vernand Morency, Jason Babin - gave up a lot to move up for him, Tony Hollings, Benny Joppru, Jabar Gaffney. Also, not to mention we gave up a 2nd and 3rd for Philip Buchanan.

Splat
04-18-2009, 08:18 PM
Curry can tackle in space but he hasn't shown any pass rush moves or the ability to use his hands well to get around linemen. That's not something you just pick up in training camp.

And it is even harder to pick up and learn when you are playing behind one of the worst if not the worst DL's in football like the Chiefs.

Crickett
04-18-2009, 09:30 PM

Monroe?

Well, I'll say this. If the Chiefs draft Brian Orakpo, a lot of people will be booing. I won't be one of them. And not because I don't like the Chiefs. But they had the worst past rush in the history of pass rushes in 2008, and they need to work on that. Really badly.

vidae
04-18-2009, 09:57 PM
Curry can tackle in space but he hasn't shown any pass rush moves

Was he asked to do so in college? Not often. And, just because he didn't rush the passer much in college doesn't mean he's unable to do that. At least he had production somewhere else, which I don't think Jackson has. Where is the production worthy of a top three pick?

Something you're missing is you ABSOLUTELY CANNOT miss with a top five pick. Yes, drafting an ILB early isn't the smartest thing, but for a team, like you said, with MANY needs, a sure fire tackler and great player on a defense without great players is key. Forget, if you can, the position he plays and instead look at what he could mean for this defense as a unit.

Hell, give us Monroe or Crabtree. They've shown they can be elite players at their level and that they have some kind of resume to work with. Jackson hasn't shown anything. Raji would be a fine pick if we were playing the traditional 3-4, which we're not, so I don't think this is as big of a need as some of you.

eazyb81
04-19-2009, 09:25 AM
Was he asked to do so in college? Not often. And, just because he didn't rush the passer much in college doesn't mean he's unable to do that. At least he had production somewhere else, which I don't think Jackson has. Where is the production worthy of a top three pick?

It doesn't matter what the reasoning behind it was. He essentially doesn't have any experience rushing the passer, trying to get around tackles, and using pass rush moves.

Again, name some players that have made that transition and you might have a better argument, but you will have trouble because it simply doesn't work that way. There's a reason college DEs ALWAYS are the ones that play 3-4 OLB.

Something you're missing is you ABSOLUTELY CANNOT miss with a top five pick. Yes, drafting an ILB early isn't the smartest thing, but for a team, like you said, with MANY needs, a sure fire tackler and great player on a defense without great players is key. Forget, if you can, the position he plays and instead look at what he could mean for this defense as a unit.

NO ONE is guaranteed to not miss. I still remember everyone saying Robert Gallery was the safest player in the draft and would not be a bust. It's stupid to just forget the position he plays - you have to consider the money you're giving out also. ILBs don't deserve top 3 money, and there is a reason they don't get drafted early. It is not a premium position.

Hell, give us Monroe or Crabtree. They've shown they can be elite players at their level and that they have some kind of resume to work with. Jackson hasn't shown anything. Raji would be a fine pick if we were playing the traditional 3-4, which we're not, so I don't think this is as big of a need as some of you.

The only reason we're not playing a "traditional" 3-4 is because Pioli knows we don't have the players for it. Do you seriously think he wouldn't jump at the chance to play a true 3-4 all the time, considering it has been the defense played at every single team he has worked for in the NFL? Come on.

He's using the "hybrid" line because our current talent is not appropriate for switching completely to a 3-4. However, it's just a matter of time until we do switch to the 3-4 full-time, and that process will accelerate when we get the key positions for that defense.

vidae
04-19-2009, 01:33 PM
I can't believe you honestly think taking Tyson Jackson is the right move for this franchise. He's pretty unproven and spending a top 5 pick on a 3-4 DE is about as good of a move as drafting an ILB at top 5.

The only reason we're not playing a "traditional" 3-4 is because Pioli knows we don't have the players for it. Do you seriously think he wouldn't jump at the chance to play a true 3-4 all the time, considering it has been the defense played at every single team he has worked for in the NFL? Come on.

He's using the "hybrid" line because our current talent is not appropriate for switching completely to a 3-4. However, it's just a matter of time until we do switch to the 3-4 full-time, and that process will accelerate when we get the key positions for that defense.

http://draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=32652

http://www.profootballweekly.com/PFW/Features/Super+Bowl/2008/wwhi013009.htm

I was under the impression we were playing this defense because Pendergast ran it in Arizona and is familiar with it. Have you heard or read something about it that I haven't? And by the way, since when does the GM of a team dictate the kind of a defense a head coach runs?

TACKLE
04-19-2009, 01:44 PM

I don't mind Casserly and think he's good analyst but my biggest problem with him was when he was with Washington. During the Ricky Williams trade, they got so many picks that they should have developed into a legitimate SB contender or even a SB team but they never really improved much despite all the players they brought in.

bored of education
04-19-2009, 08:09 PM
Tyson Jackson soo does not fit the 3-4 DE roll, nevermind being a top 10 talent. That is my opinion but I know a lot of teams love him as a 5 tech and to me that screams bust, useless pick.

TonyGfortheTD
04-19-2009, 08:19 PM
Tyson Jackson soo does not fit the 3-4 DE roll, nevermind being a top 10 talent. That is my opinion but I know a lot of teams love him as a 5 tech and to me that screams bust, useless pick.

Feel free to go into detail why you believe this.

BigBanger
04-19-2009, 08:27 PM

This is a disgustingly dominate argument. Well said.

bored of education
04-19-2009, 08:32 PM
I just don't think he is stout enough to fulfil the 5 tech roll. He does not engulf blockers and often is owned by one blocker even when he had some great talent next to him. His skill set to me is just so unknown for me. I have seen him play numerous times and he has talent but I don't think he is a true fit at the 3-4 DE or 4-3 DE. I would not say he is versatile to do both because he rarely impressed me in any roll with LSU.

He just screams blah to me.
But thats me and that why i post online and not pick in drafts.

T-RICH49
04-19-2009, 08:36 PM
I think it will be Raji or Jackson my self with Monroe maybe being a wild card but unlikely.

Tyson Jackson at 3 = wated pick and I still want to know why people think Albert needs to move away from LT?he played pretty darn well for his first year at a new posistion

keylime_5
04-19-2009, 08:37 PM
I think Jackson can definitely be the Chiefs' own Darnell Dockett. Very similar skillset, Jackson might be more athletic than Darnell even. Pioli knows that one of New England's keys to success was building the trenches. Seymour was a top 6 pick, Warren a top 15 pick, Wilfork a steal at 21. KC may be "in love" with Jackson as reports say, but there's nothing that says they're gonna take him #3 overall necessarily. I think he becomes more realistic if they trade down.

MitchRobStew
04-19-2009, 11:56 PM
Monroe will be the pick if they stay there. It will protect the investment in Cassel, and though people say moving B. Albert is a bad move due to the amount of money invested in him a mid-first pick pay is not too much for a pro-bowl guard, or elite RT. You can never have to many great o-lineman. I think with the pay scale of a top 3 pick, QB, OL, or passrusher, are the only way to go. Unless there a trade down, its Monroe/Smith all the way. And since Smith is going to the Rams its gonna be Monroe.

TonyGfortheTD
04-20-2009, 02:21 AM
Monroe will be the pick if they stay there. It will protect the investment in Cassel, and though people say moving B. Albert is a bad move due to the amount of money invested in him a mid-first pick pay is not too much for a pro-bowl guard, or elite RT. You can never have to many great o-lineman. I think with the pay scale of a top 3 pick, QB, OL, or passrusher, are the only way to go. Unless there a trade down, its Monroe/Smith all the way. And since Smith is going to the Rams its gonna be Monroe.

Here's a shocker. Even though Monroe was the LT at Virginia, I think Branden Albert will be the better LT in the pro. Albert has a great blend of athleticism and power in his play along with confidence. The Chiefs can get good value and still fill a need by choosing Michael Crabtree if they are stuck at 3.

Splat
04-20-2009, 07:37 AM
Tyson Jackson at 3 = wated pick and I still want to know why people think Albert needs to move away from LT?he played pretty darn well for his first year at a new posistion

Taking a ILB 3rd over all would be a wasted pick as well there is a reason there has only been one LB to be drafted top 3 since 2000 (LaVar Arrington) the value is just not there.

As for moving Albert I for one don't want to but if the Chiefs take a LT top 3 Albert will be moved you just don't draft a RT that high in the draft.

keylime_5
04-20-2009, 08:57 AM
Yes, people do keep saying this - doesn't mean they are correct.

Tell me how many players played LB in a 4-3 scheme in college and then went on to play OLB in 3-4. You won't find many, if any, because that's not how it works. There's a lot more technique involved in rushing the passer than most fans realize.

Curry played OLB in a 3-4 scheme in college, just like Clint Sintim and James Harrison and to a degree Shawne Merriman. Granted those schemes are nothing like the real thing in the NFL and Harrison/Merriman are the only two starting OLBs in a 3-4 defense in the NFL who played in a 3-4 in college, but when you add that to the fact that basically every GM and scout who talks about Curry says he can play both inside and out in a 3-4 it makes sense. Pass rusher might not have been his role in college, but he has the tools to do it and his versatility and play making ability is why he's considered the top player in the draft by many.

eazyb81
04-20-2009, 09:11 AM
I can't believe you honestly think taking Tyson Jackson is the right move for this franchise. He's pretty unproven and spending a top 5 pick on a 3-4 DE is about as good of a move as drafting an ILB at top 5.

http://draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=32652

http://www.profootballweekly.com/PFW/Features/Super+Bowl/2008/wwhi013009.htm

I was under the impression we were playing this defense because Pendergast ran it in Arizona and is familiar with it. Have you heard or read something about it that I haven't? And by the way, since when does the GM of a team dictate the kind of a defense a head coach runs?

The BEST situation would be to trade down, but assuming we can't do that, then I would definitely take a potentially elite 5-tech that is versatile like Jackson than Curry. ILBs simply aren't premier positions - you don't take one with such an early pick because it is not a difficult position to fill.

The GM hires the coaches who run the schemes. If you seriously think Pioli will have no say or control over the type of schemes we run on both defense and offense, you are very naive. We'll run a "hybrid" scheme until we get the players needed to run a 3-4 all the time without embarrassing ourselves.

eazyb81
04-20-2009, 09:12 AM
Curry played OLB in a 3-4 scheme in college, just like Clint Sintim and James Harrison and to a degree Shawne Merriman. Granted those schemes are nothing like the real thing in the NFL and Harrison/Merriman are the only two starting OLBs in a 3-4 defense in the NFL who played in a 3-4 in college, but when you add that to the fact that basically every GM and scout who talks about Curry says he can play both inside and out in a 3-4 it makes sense. Pass rusher might not have been his role in college, but he has the tools to do it and his versatility and play making ability is why he's considered the top player in the draft by many.

Is this a serious post? No, Curry most definitely did not play OLB in a 3-4 in college.

What the hell are you talking about?

Splat
04-20-2009, 09:19 AM
I think most if not all Chiefs fans feel trade down is the best option and I hope SP can pull it off.

3pac
04-20-2009, 09:36 AM
They can take Curry because he's going to be a great player and could very well be the highest player on their board at pick #3. That's why. Stop worrying about what position he plays. It's better to take a player you think can excel at an "unworthy" top 3 pick position than take one that you think will fail, but is "worthy" of the pick.

vidae
04-20-2009, 11:53 AM
They can take Curry because he's going to be a great player and could very well be the highest player on their board at pick #3. That's why. Stop worrying about what position he plays. It's better to take a player you think can excel at an "unworthy" top 3 pick position than take one that you think will fail, but is "worthy" of the pick.

Jesus christ, well said. Aaron Curry, while playing a "lesser" position, has a better chance of excelling than Tyson Jackson, who plays a "premiere" position. That's what I've been trying to say. And I think it would be hard for anyone to disagree with that.

Black Bolt
04-20-2009, 12:04 PM
So are you proposing that Jackson should play DT?

I think Jackson can definitely be the Chiefs' own Darnell Dockett. Very similar skillset, Jackson might be more athletic than Darnell even. Pioli knows that one of New England's keys to success was building the trenches. Seymour was a top 6 pick, Warren a top 15 pick, Wilfork a steal at 21. KC may be "in love" with Jackson as reports say, but there's nothing that says they're gonna take him #3 overall necessarily. I think he becomes more realistic if they trade down.

TonyGfortheTD
04-20-2009, 12:23 PM

Drafting Curry would be a mistake, for the Chiefs. He's going to be a great player for a 4-3 team. The Chiefs may run a hybrid for now, but it's not going to remain that way for a long time. Drafting curry would be like trying to fit a square block into a circle shaped hole because your franchise lacked the balls to take the chance on somebody else.

3pac
04-20-2009, 12:35 PM
Drafting Curry would be a mistake, for the Chiefs. He's going to be a great player for a 4-3 team. The Chiefs may run a hybrid for now, but it's not going to remain that way for a long time. Drafting curry would be like trying to fit a square block into a circle shaped hole because your franchise lacked the balls to take the chance on somebody else.

I'm not saying you ARE wrong, because as of now all we have is opinions based on things that haven't happened... but I definitely disagree with your assumption. Perhaps he'd be better suited in a 4-3 team, but saying that trying to fit him into a 3-4 is like putting a square peg into a round hole is very exaggerated.

TonyGfortheTD
04-20-2009, 12:50 PM
I'm not saying you ARE wrong, because as of now all we have is opinions based on things that haven't happened... but I definitely disagree with your assumption. Perhaps he'd be better suited in a 4-3 team, but saying that trying to fit him into a 3-4 is like putting a square peg into a round hole is very exaggerated.
I disagree, but I suppose it comes down to everyones personal opinion.

CC.SD
04-20-2009, 04:55 PM
LOL at Zombie Zach Thomas keeping Aaron Curry on the bench. But you're right the Chiefs probably won't grab him for their 3-4 anyway.

Most likely the pick is Orakpo who has graded out as the top pass rusher on their horrible pass rushing defense. If they decide to go offense, I'm leaning towards Crabtree so Haley can have a dynamic duo once again with Bowe.

T-RICH49
04-20-2009, 04:57 PM
I'm sorry but going for need over BPA is how we are in this situation in the first place.I guarantee it will be Curry if he's there

Splat
04-20-2009, 05:36 PM
I'm sorry but going for need over BPA is how we are in this situation in the first place.I guarantee it will be Curry if he's there

Just because that is what you would do doesn't guarantee that is what the Chiefs will do this is SP we are talking about no body really knows both Curry and Jackson could be a smoke screen for all we know.

bored of education
04-20-2009, 05:38 PM
Christ. THE Chiefs are owning these forums!

furiousgod
04-20-2009, 11:37 PM
based on piolis drafting history his first several years at ne, i wouldnt be too suprised if they took rajii or reached on jackson.

the decider13
04-20-2009, 11:43 PM
Christ. THE Chiefs are owning these forums!

I'm glad...for a while all anyone talked about was the Broncos. Glad to put the focus on some other team lol