PDA

View Full Version : What about this trade?

A-Dub4President
03-07-2007, 02:09 PM
Cardinal fan here, and I was wondering what you guys would think about this trade:

Cardinals send (5) and WR Bryant Johnson to Detroit for (2). Bryant Johnson is a former first round pick who's still very young (25), and has proven that he can be a great #2 WR this year when Larry Fitzgerald went down to injury. This would allow you guys to take Gaines Adams and us to take Joe Thomas.

Thoughts?

detroit4life
03-07-2007, 02:24 PM
no i think theyd want picks not players id be shocked if the lions dont sign either curtis or mcdonald if not both so whent hat time comes around for this trade a WR will not be needed

Brodeur
03-07-2007, 02:41 PM
No, I'm not a big fan of the trade at all. The Lions want picks, not a number 3 receiver.

A-Dub4President
03-07-2007, 02:43 PM
No, I'm not a big fan of the trade at all. The Lions want picks, not a number 3 receiver.

Fair enough. I highly doubt that Arizona is going to give up any picks.

Maybe Next Year Millen2
03-07-2007, 02:44 PM
If we don't get Curtis, that trade would be interesting since we would need another Wide Receiver. Maybe throw in your 3rd round. Pick 2 for Pick 5, Bryant Johnson, Round 3 from Zona.

I don't like McDonald. If Martz leaves, McDonald and possibly Furrey are useless. Curtis at least has a little value when Martz leaves because he is faster than Furrey and did ok under Linehan's offense.

TacticaLion
03-07-2007, 02:58 PM
no i think theyd want picks not players id be shocked if the lions dont sign either curtis or mcdonald if not both so whent hat time comes around for this trade a WR will not be neededExactly. The Lions want picks this year... we're set at WR.

Scotty D
03-07-2007, 03:12 PM
This thread should be locked.

TacticaLion
03-07-2007, 03:20 PM
This thread should be locked.Or, people (including myself) should just stop posting.

It'll lock itself.

Notredameleo
03-07-2007, 04:11 PM
Uhhh. No thanks, maybe if it was Fitz or Boldin. LOL..jk

TacticaLion
03-07-2007, 04:55 PM
To give a more reasonable answer: the "value" of the #2 pick is 2,600... while the "value" of pick #5 is 1,700. In other words, you're suggesting that Bryant Johnson is worth 900 points (or the 18th pick), which isn't true.

IF... IF IF IF Curtis AND McDonald do not sign, a more reasonable trade would be our #2 pick for your #5 pick, your 3rd round pick and Bryant Johnson (IF the coaches feel he can be a valuable player).

(Note: I just realized that this same trade was suggested by "Maybe Next Year Millen2"... interesting.)