PDA

View Full Version : Blackberry Storm

proshoota25
04-18-2009, 10:36 PM
Hey guys, I am really thinking of buying this phone. I have heard good things about this phone, and some negative. I was wondering if any of you guys had this and what your opinions of it is? Or if you have any friends and you know of their thoughts......

Thanks I appreciate, and ill give + rep :)

Sniper
04-18-2009, 10:37 PM
If it's anything like the Curve, it's sex masquerading as a phone.

proshoota25
04-18-2009, 10:40 PM
hahaha yea my stepdad has a blackberry curve and loves it

JRTPlaya21
04-18-2009, 11:36 PM
Well my girlfriend just got one. Texting on it works well if your fingers aren't too big. It's a click screen so you may not like that. The accelerometer is ok but can be slow at times. There is a niagara coming in the next few months. So maybe you should wait on that. There also may be a storm 2 in september. The storm works fine depending on what os update you use. So if you could make a pick, go with the Bold or Javelin.

Chucky
04-19-2009, 12:55 AM
I have friends who have all the different kinds of blackberrys and from what I got the Bold is by far the best one. The Storm lags a ton and the click screen is really wierd and annoying. I went with an iPhone but if you want to go Blackberry then I suggest the Bold

JHG722
04-19-2009, 01:02 AM
The Storm has had TONS of issues and at this point, it's not worth the hassle. A lot of reviews say the same thing, and from everyone I've talked to, they've had issues. It was rushed a bit to try to take a slice of Apple's market share, but that doesn't mean anything if the product itself is not well made.

Outside of getting an iPhone, you could save a ton of money and hassle by buying any of the fine LG/Samsung/whatever else touchscreen phones on the market.

brat316
04-19-2009, 01:04 AM
buy the original touch screen, Palm Treo.

ccB
04-19-2009, 01:44 AM
http://www.mobilegazette.com/handsets/apple/apple-iphone-3g/apple-iphone-3g-black.jpg

= Win

But if you are set on getting a Blackberry get the Bold, far better than the storm IMO Or you could wait and see how the Palm Pre is, it should be coming out within the next few months and I know a lot of publications are giving it the popular title of "iPhone Killer"

iowatreat54
04-19-2009, 03:10 AM
I've had my storm for like 3 months and have yet to have any problems. The only thing I don't like is no WiFi. I think the click screen is much better than normal touch screens, but that's just me.

vidae
04-19-2009, 04:50 AM
I have a family member who works in that industry and she said that the storm is a piece of garbage. If you want a great phone check out the iphone (I'm personally not a fan) or the treo 800w. I have a palm centro and I like it but I'm thinking of upgrading soon.

Scott Wright
04-19-2009, 09:00 AM
I have the BlackBerry 8900 and LOVE it.

P-L
04-19-2009, 09:15 AM
I love my Blackberry Bold. I would recommend it assuming you're not set on getting a touch screen.

Smokey Joe
04-19-2009, 09:25 AM
http://www.mobilegazette.com/handsets/apple/apple-iphone-3g/apple-iphone-3g-black.jpg

= Win

But if you are set on getting a Blackberry get the Bold, far better than the storm IMO Or you could wait and see how the Palm Pre is, it should be coming out within the next few months and I know a lot of publications are giving it the popular title of "iPhone Killer"
I want one of those so bad.

JRTPlaya21
04-19-2009, 09:27 AM
Hold out a few months Smokey Joe. Another Iphone is on the way.

Smokey Joe
04-19-2009, 09:31 AM
Hold out a few months Smokey Joe. Another Iphone is on the way.
It doesn't matter, I'm gonna have to wait at least a year either way.

JRTPlaya21
04-19-2009, 09:41 AM
Is that when you are due for an upgrade?

TheBuffaloBills
04-19-2009, 09:41 AM
Yeah, if I were you, I would wait it out until May because the new Niagara is supposed to come out. It is going to be the best of both world between the Bold and the Curve.

http://www.itechnews.net/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/blackberry-9630-niagara-first-look.jpg

Burns336
04-19-2009, 09:44 AM
I have a BlackBerry (not the storm, I'm actually not even sure which one it is because I got it through my Dads work but it's World Edition? Whatever that is.)

Anyway, my girlfriend bought the 2nd Generation iPhone (after having numerous problems with the first one) and seems to like it, but I still prefer the BlackBerry. She's had a few problems with freezing on the new phone, but nothing major. Although I can say my BlackBerry has never frozen!

Personally I feel as though the iPhone's popularity is based off of a bunch of bells and whistles that no one actually needs. For instance, why the hell do I need an application that spits out a random restaurant when I shake the phone?

I'm not saying the iPhone is totally useless because it certainly has its advantages over the BlackBerry, but the outrageous price (which apple is notorious for) and my bad history with apple (2 iPods just stopped working, Girlfriends iPod, MacBook, and 1 gen iPhone stopped working) are just a few of the reasons I like the BlackBerry instead.

My best friend has the storm and loves it. He's had no problems with it. Although I do have another friend who had to go get a new one because the first storm they had was having problems.

It's just luck. You could get either an iPhone or a Storm and have one work fine or have one break down on you.

Smokey Joe
04-19-2009, 10:13 AM
Is that when you are due for an upgrade?
No, thats when I could hopefully afford one.

Damix
04-19-2009, 10:28 AM
I have an iPhone, my roommate has the storm. I prefer my phone but if you don't want to switch to AT&T then the storm is still a very good choice.

LonghornsLegend
04-19-2009, 11:10 AM
I have friends who have all the different kinds of blackberrys and from what I got the Bold is by far the best one. The Storm lags a ton and the click screen is really wierd and annoying. I went with an iPhone but if you want to go Blackberry then I suggest the Bold

This.

I hear the same things from anyone who has used multiple Blackberrys before, or knows anything about them...Besides the screen is twice as clear as any other model, it's a pretty good phone and I've been thinking of buying it for a few months.

I'm not a big fan of the iphone either, funny how it can do so many big things but can't do something small like send a picture directly to a phone number...I'm also not feeling all touch screens anymore since my last one went out, and when it does you have no buttons, so no phone.

proshoota25
04-19-2009, 01:23 PM
hey thanks everyone for your pieces of info, only reason why im thinking of getting a blackberry is because my family is switching over to verizon...... so i need a verizon phone. so im just contemplating which verizon phone i should get... and i want a blackberry.

aNYtitan
04-19-2009, 03:07 PM
This.

I'm not a big fan of the iphone either, funny how it can do so many big things but can't do something small like send a picture directly to a phone number...I'm also not feeling all touch screens anymore since my last one went out, and when it does you have no buttons, so no phone.

Actually you can send a picture to a phone number, you just need to know the nuance of doing so. You send it out via email, but the person receives it as a picture message

awfullyquiet
04-20-2009, 10:17 AM
where's libid in this situation?

the only thing i have to say about the storm is it sucks.

the curve is still where it's at, flashy, good, delicious, all of the above. the ONLY thing that sucks about the curve is that of all blackberries, the media player blows.

Brent
04-20-2009, 10:22 AM
I have Verizon and I use the LG Dare:

http://cache.gizmodo.com/assets/images/gizmodo/2008/06/LG_Dare_Browser.jpg