PDA

View Full Version : Build a Team of Prospects: VOTE

BeerBaron
04-19-2009, 03:41 PM
We had a very high numbers of submissions this time around and I would first like to thank everyone who participated.

I know I originally said I'd sift it down to 3-5 teams, but I could decide between the last couple so I ended up going with the top 6. Now it's your turn to decide.

The poll will close on Friday, April 24th, they day before the draft. The leader at that time will be declared the victor.

This took quite a bit of work to grade and some tough decisions had to be made. I'm asking that if I did not select your team to the finalists, that you do not pester me with questions about it. I don't want to have to explain to everyone I didn't pick why I didn't go with their team....don't like it? Start your own game.

Also, I didn't go through and super double check every team...I only DQed them if I saw some obvious issues with what round they called the players and such...

So now, in no particular order, here are my 6 finalists up for vote:

1.) Derza222 - http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1599861&#post1599861
- I love the 3-4 defensive front. I'm a sucker for good front 7's and his is certainly darn good. The secondary is also pretty badass, so I really like this defense. I like that power run game the offense is sure to bring and I like the skill position players going well with Sanchez at QB.

2.) Diabsoule - http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1600310&#post1600310
- I like the way the o-line comes together. They're not all the best ones at their positions, but they fit in perfectly where he has them and I like it as a unit. The DT combo of Hill and Brace to crush the run and free up the athletic linebackers to make plays. That safety combo also looks pretty tough.

3.) Wicket - http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1600657&#post1600657
- I like Stafford throwing to the Tate/Nicks combo...a little scary with Tate's uncertain health though. Wells is a good back to run behind that o-line which is another that doesn't have the most elite talent, but has good fits for everyone. The DE's and the athletic linebackers put this team over the top then for me.

4.) Seamus2602 - http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1601238&#post1601238
- I LOVE the passing game potential of this team. Stafford's strong arm mixed with the deep threat WR's, Cook at TE, AND Moreno at RB...wow, blew me away. I like the fits of the o-lineman, and I really like the d-line. Should get after the passer no sweat. I also like the athleticism of the linebackers. The secondary is a bit weak but it's really the only weakness imo.

5.) GB12 - http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1600389&#post1600389
- He is the version 1.0 winner and he didn't disappoint his 2nd time around. The power run game on offense with Stafford throwing to Britt and Benn is going to be tough to stop. Again, the o-line doesn't have the top talents but everyone there fits perfectly where he as them and that would be more than enough. Then on defense...I'm a sucker for great front 7's and he has one going here. The Brace/Raji combo would keep you from running up the middle and allow the DEs and LBs to make plays. The secondary is probably the weakest part but it would certainly hold it's own imo.

6.) YAYareaRB - Disqualified-Do not vote

So there you have it. My finalists. Now you decide.

The last few guys who didn't make the cut were STRIP, Solomon, WonderBredd, Spectre, Tackle, Sniper, and j05son.

Brent, I loved your team but I caught 2 obvious issues in it. Jason Phillips and Chip Vaughn were both 3rd rounders....there may be mistakes in some others that I'm sorry I didn't catch, but I couldn't let the two mess ups slide....hopefully I didn't miss any bad ones in the finalists I did pick.

ScottyD...you picked way too many players...12 on both sides plus a STer? Umm...ok.

Sniper, your o-line was great, but I think it left you just too thin on defense and in the offensive backfield.

BeerBaron
04-19-2009, 03:44 PM
Another note!!!

Please offer some sort of reasoning in a post after you vote! I love to read those things.....

Brent
04-19-2009, 04:04 PM
Jason Phillips and Chip Vaughn were both 3rd rounders
It's all right, I didnt get a chance to revise it before the deadline.

TACKLE
04-19-2009, 04:06 PM
HOW DIDN'T I GET PICKED?!?!ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!!I WAS ROBBED!!! http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/images/icons/icon12.gif

My team FTW (Beastly O-Line and front seven) QB - Mark Sanchez, USC (Top 10)
RB - Glenn Coffee, Alabama (Mid)
TE/H-Back/FB - James Casey, Rice (Mid)
TE - Richard Quinn, North Carolina (Mid)
WR - Jarrett Dillard, Rice (Mid)
WR - Austin Collie, BYU (Mid)

LT - Eugene Monroe, Virginia (Top 5)
LG - Duke Robinson, Oklahoma (3rd)
C - Alex Mack, Cal (2nd)
RG - Max Unger, Oregon (2nd)
RT - Michael Oher, Ole Miss (1st)

3-4

DE - Gerald McCoy, Oklahoma (2010)
NT - BJ Raji, Boston College (1st)
DE - Jarron Gilbert, San Jose St. (2nd)

ROLB - Everette Brown, FSU (1st)
ILB - Frantz Joseph, Florida International (Late)
ILB - Jason Williams, Western Illinois (Late)
LOLB - Larry English, Northern Illinois (2nd)

CB - Macho Harris, Virginia Tech (3rd)
CB - Jarius Byrd, Oregon (3rd)
SS - Michael Mitchell, Ohio (Late)
FS - Darcel McBath, Texas Tech (3rd)

K - Graham Gano, FSU (Late)
P - Kevin Huber, Cincinnati (Late)

BB, you're a sucker for the skill positions, but everybody knows that championships are built up front. http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/images/icons/icon7.gif

None of the popped out at me but I voted for Diab. I just felt his team was the most solid all around. I thought his decision to take Maclin is questionable but his team was solid all around and had no glaring weaknesses. His safeties and WR's are his strong positions.

the decider13
04-19-2009, 04:20 PM
I pick YAYarea because of his beastly passing attack with Barden and Bryant, and his defense is real good too.

Although I do agree with tackle, the trenches got overlooked in the grading process.

initial_flo
04-19-2009, 04:27 PM
GB12 I like, best front 4 on defense of the bunch + top QB + A.Benn = win

BeerBaron
04-19-2009, 04:57 PM
I don't think I overlooked the trenches....quite honestly, the first thing I look at for most teams is the defensive front 7 followed by the o-line. Quite a few people put together some beastly o-lines but most of the teams I chose had o-lines that fit together very well.

Just for an example, on Seamus' team, his o-line is far from the most elite talent wise, but he said in his write up that he'd pass a lot and run the ZBS, and the lineman he picks are perfect fits for that. Beatty is a classic athletic, pass blocking LT, Shipley is a little undersized but he's a smart, experienced center who would do well in a system that utilizes smaller guys, while Green and Watkins both fit as well in my mind.

GB12 has another team that doesn't have the most elite o-lineman, but they all fit where he put them. He's going to get some great punch from the right side of his line to run behind and the left side is very well rounded.

I quite honestly think that amongst fans, good o-lines were once extremely underrated but now I think the pendulum is swinging to a point where having an amazing o-line is becoming slightly overrated. It's always good to have a great o-line, don't get me wrong, but if at the end of the day, your skill position guys suck, your not going to do very well.

GB12
04-19-2009, 04:59 PM
I thought it was a three team race between myself, YaY, and Derza. I don't think the other three even come close to those. I had them ranked as:

1. YaY
2. GB12
3. Derza

So I was going to vote for YaY, but then I took a closer look at his team and noticed that he definitely did not follow the rules.

Andre Smith listed as a first rounder - He went #6
Max Unger listed as a third rounder - He went #42
Ron Brace listed as a third rounder - He went #63
Kraig Urbik listed as a mid rounder - He went #78
Herman Johnson listed as a mid rounder - He went #91

With all that cheating it's no wonder he had the best team.

So, I do have to say myself. I have a power run game led by Michael Oher, Duke Robinson, AQ Shipley, Kraig Urbik, and Fenuki Tupou on the line with Andre Brown carrying the ball. That could give defenses a lot of trouble right there and they'd have to try and shut that down. However once they do that they are left wide open to a Matthew Stafford passing attack with his targets being Arrelious Benn and Kenny Britt. I originally started building my team as a defensive power, but that offense would be damn hard to stop.

Then on the defensive side I built up the front seven. I spent the high round picks on the line and I think I have the best DL out of the choices. BJ Raji and Ron Brace unite again and plug up the line allowing Brian Orakpo and Larry English to apply the pressure and contain the edge. Behind them is a big linebacker corp led by Clint Sintim. Using Sintim as an ocassional blitzer along with English and Orakpo would create some real problems for the quarterback. The secondary is the weakest part of the team, but even there it is led by Malcom Jenkins. Courtney Greene and the rest make it still a decent group. With the pressure than can be brought from the front seven they shouldn't have to work long anyway.

And I built my team without bending the rules.

Highagain
04-19-2009, 05:06 PM
I hope people realize that ranking these teams is completely subjective. Of course everybody is going to think their own team is the best.

coordinator0
04-19-2009, 05:06 PM
I REALLY like dezra's team. Solid on both sides of the line, and his overall D looks great. Pass-rushers, defensive backs, everything. THe offense looks solid as well. A true run first team IMO with great blockers and big WR's. Great team IMO.

neko4
04-19-2009, 05:09 PM
I'd like to see someone try to run the ball against GB12's defense.

derza222
04-19-2009, 05:22 PM
I like my own team, for relatively obvious reasons. Really liked GB's team a lot, our teams are actually put together pretty similarly, and I could have gone either way but I'm a sucker for the 3-4.

Spent the two highest picks on the two most important positions on the field, getting the best left tackle in the draft IMO and the best QB for the style of offense I wanted to run. While Smith is not a perfect fit for the power run game I built the line around, he's there to protect the quarterback and should be more than sufficient in the run game. Everybody on offense can block and this is a big unit. Should be excellent in the red zone with some big wideouts and the run game, get some nice YAC with the wideouts, and Sanchez has the arm to get the ball deep to some sneaky fast wideouts in Britt and Nicks to keep defenses off guard. Really built well for the cold weather that will come up in the playoffs, but a team that can excel in warm weather also and really wear teams down.

Defensively I really like the way things came together. Love Sammie Lee Hill and think my 3-man front is going to cause major problems for offenses with the sheer size and athleticism of Hill, Raji, and Gilbert. Linebackers can rush the passer but Brown can also cover some at OLB. Solid athleticism and size there and they're just all good football players. Think Joseph is a major sleeper that can be a monster in that front, especially with the defensive line ahead of him. The front seven should really be able to get after the quarterback pretty well and the secondary will really be able to capitalize on rushed passes. Two playmaking corners in Smith and Jenkins and a stellar safety duo with Berry and Vaughn that makes up for a slight lack of speed in my corners. They'll be able to create a lot of turnovers and all are pretty sound fundamentally, Berry will be a monster. Lots of scheme versatility up front flipping to the 4-3 and in the secondary with Berry's coverage ability and Jenkins' ability to play off the line can result in some fun as well.

TitanHope
04-19-2009, 05:30 PM
Derza - I like it. I worry about Jennings as the RB. A power-running game is nice, but only if there's explosiveness and Jennings lacks that. The rest looks great on offense. Tupou is the weaklink on the OL, and having the weaklink at OT or C isn't good. The DEF looks very good. Used the 2010 pick on Eric Berry, which I think is a great choice given that the 2009 safeties aren't top heavy.

Diab - I like the OL a lot, but Kropog at LT is different. Surprised to see a higher pick used on the RT than LT. but I don't see how the DL will generate a consistent pass-rush with Brace and Hill. Ayers is not yet a proven pass-rusher, and Kruger is an effort guy. They'll stop the run at least. 2010 pick was used well on Taylor Mays, and the rest of the secondary looks solid with Delmas and Mickens.

Wicket - His is solid all around. Don't see any singular unit that makes me go "PWN!" but I don't see anything that looks like a liability. 2010 pick was used well on Eric Berry.

Seamus - The skill positions are nice, but the OL is very shaky. He used all his early picks on skill positions, which is a no-no. His DL looks good, and his LB's are solid. Not a big fan of the secondary, but they should be ok with that DL. Gerald McCoy is a good pick with the 2010 selection, and will help with the inside pass-rush.

GB12 - Benn as his 2010 pick? Don't get it. Other than that, the offense looks good. Only one 1st Day pick on the OL is worrysome. Brace and Raji are great against the run, and Orakpo and English are great pass-rushers. The big DT's free up a relatively lack-luster LB group. CB's are good, but the S's aren't impressive.

YAYarea - Don't get using the 2010 pick on a WR. Rashad Jennings is a power-back who lacks explosiveness, which will allow defenses to focus on Bryant and Stafford without exposing themselves to a huge gain by the RB. Big, power OL is good aside from Tupou at RT which I have a bad feeling about. Defense looks good from top to bottom. Love the DB's.

I'm going with Wicket. I like his the best. Used his 2010 pick well, which was important to me, and I just couldn't really find anything big that I had a problem with. Derza is a close second.

Smokey Joe
04-19-2009, 05:35 PM
What a travesty that I didn't get picked. I knew you were jealous of me BB, but that's just low....... admit that you've always been jealous of me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Smokey Joe
04-19-2009, 05:39 PM
How do you mention Derza's D but not mine? No way in hell his is better than my defense! Revenge is coming BB. You won't know where or when, but I'll be there!!!!!!

diabsoule
04-19-2009, 05:41 PM
I didn't vote for myself.

I voted for Derza222. I just felt his team was extremely solid all around think his 3-4 defense could be equally effective at rushing the passer as stopping the run.

BeerBaron
04-19-2009, 05:47 PM
What a travesty that I didn't get picked. I knew you were jealous of me BB, but that's just low....... admit that you've always been jealous of me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Because you're you, I'll give you a little tip. You really lack anyone great to throw to on offense....are you trying to build another Bears? Tate might be good if he's healthy...But I think if you would have replaced Simmons with a Britt or a Nicks, and went with a late rounder for one of the linebackers, you would have scored higher by me.

BaLLiN
04-19-2009, 05:52 PM
im alittle depressed i wasnt picked, my DL was ridiculous :(

BeerBaron
04-19-2009, 06:02 PM
im alittle depressed i wasnt picked, my DL was ridiculous :(

Everybody thought their own everything was awesome....I had to narrow it down somehow.

This isn't the special Olympics where everybody gets to win....

BaLLiN
04-19-2009, 06:04 PM
Everybody thought their own everything was awesome....I had to narrow it down somehow.

This isn't the special Olympics where everybody gets to win....

i know i know, i feel like i won anyway because i was the first post :)

Smokey Joe
04-19-2009, 06:09 PM
Because you're you, I'll give you a little tip. You really lack anyone great to throw to on offense....are you trying to build another Bears? Tate might be good if he's healthy...But I think if you would have replaced Simmons with a Britt or a Nicks, and went with a late rounder for one of the linebackers, you would have scored higher by me.
I should still get the award for best D. You can't tell me that I didn't have the best defense...

;)

Hurricanes25
04-19-2009, 07:12 PM
My vote goes to Derza222.
Very good offense with a straight up nasty 34 defense. Nice combination of run stoppers and pass rushers. I love the secondary with 2010 S Berry.

Just for the record, my second place vote would go to GB12.

phlysac
04-19-2009, 07:39 PM
I went with Derza because his team and philosophy were so similar to mine.

Offense (Power, Play-Action: Turner-Coryell)

QB - Matthew Stafford - Georgia - (Top 5)
RB - Andre Brown - North Carolina State - (3rd)
FB - Quinn Johnson - LSU - (Late)
WR - Mike Thomas - Arizona - (Mid)
WR - Eron Riley - Duke - (Late)
TE - James Casey - Rice - (Mid)
LT - William Beatty - Connecticut - (2nd)
LG - TJ Lang - Eastern Michigan - (3rd)
OC - Alex Mack - California - (2nd)
RG - Cornelius Lewis - Tennessee State - (Mid)
RT - Andre Smith - Alabama - (Top 10)

Defense (Phillips 3-4)

DE - Jarron Gilbert - San Jose State - (2nd)
NT - Chris Baker - Hampton - (Mid)
DE - Nader Abdallah - Ohio State - (Late)

OLB - Aaron Maybin - Penn State - (1st)
ILB - Jason Williams - Western Illinois - (Mid)
ILB - Jasper Brinkley - South Carolina - (3rd)
OLB - Lawrence Sidbury - Richmond - (2nd)

CB - Don Carey - Norfolk State - (Late)
CB - Greg Toler - St. Paul's College - (Late)

SS - Chip Vaughn - Wake Forest - (3rd)
FS - Eric Berry - Tennessee - (2010)

K - Graham Gano - Florida State - (Late)
P - Kevin Huber - Cincinnati - (Late)

If I liked mine so much, it's only natural that I would like his. I can only imagine that my team was judged as lacking in flashy names at WR and CB.

Congrats to everyone for their good work.

Grizzlegom
04-19-2009, 08:28 PM
i voted for GB12, i feel like his team had the most well-balanced offense with brown able to pound the ball, particularly over that right side, and Benn and Britt would be nasty, and the best run defense and that's always a formula for success.

eaglesalltheway
04-19-2009, 09:25 PM
I voted for GB12. I think he had his top talent spread out nicely and has a lot os guys available later that I like as well. There are a lot of things I like about his, very balanced and just an overall solid team. I bet they could beat the Lions, anyway, lol.

diabsoule
04-19-2009, 10:11 PM
My team is very quietly in 3rd. I think my defense is very underrated, esp the safety duo of Delmas and Mays.

BeerBaron
04-19-2009, 10:12 PM
My team is very quietly in 3rd. I think my defense is very underrated, esp the safety duo of Delmas and Mays.

Don't count yourself out yet. I think at one point, the previous one of these had all of the finalists tied up with very little time to go.....this one is spacing out a little more than the last one, but rebounds happen easily.

YAYareaRB
04-19-2009, 11:47 PM
I thought it was a three team race between myself, YaY, and Derza. I don't think the other three even come close to those. I had them ranked as:

1. YaY
2. GB12
3. Derza

So I was going to vote for YaY, but then I took a closer look at his team and noticed that he definitely did not follow the rules.

With all that cheating it's no wonder he had the best team.

So, I do have to say myself. I have a power run game led by Michael Oher, Duke Robinson, AQ Shipley, Kraig Urbik, and Fenuki Tupou on the line with Andre Brown carrying the ball. That could give defenses a lot of trouble right there and they'd have to try and shut that down. However once they do that they are left wide open to a Matthew Stafford passing attack with his targets being Arrelious Benn and Kenny Britt. I originally started building my team as a defensive power, but that offense would be damn hard to stop.

Then on the defensive side I built up the front seven. I spent the high round picks on the line and I think I have the best DL out of the choices. BJ Raji and Ron Brace unite again and plug up the line allowing Brian Orakpo and Larry English to apply the pressure and contain the edge. Behind them is a big linebacker corp led by Clint Sintim. Using Sintim as an ocassional blitzer along with English and Orakpo would create some real problems for the quarterback. The secondary is the weakest part of the team, but even there it is led by Malcom Jenkins. Courtney Greene and the rest make it still a decent group. With the pressure than can be brought from the front seven they shouldn't have to work long anyway.

And I built my team without bending the rules.

I didn't read all the rules so naturally, I'd break one or two of them. But thank you for your background check and we all commend you for not breaking the rules.

wicket
04-20-2009, 12:21 AM
Derza - I like it. I worry about Jennings as the RB. A power-running game is nice, but only if there's explosiveness and Jennings lacks that. The rest looks great on offense. Tupou is the weaklink on the OL, and having the weaklink at OT or C isn't good. The DEF looks very good. Used the 2010 pick on Eric Berry, which I think is a great choice given that the 2009 safeties aren't top heavy.

Diab - I like the OL a lot, but Kropog at LT is different. Surprised to see a higher pick used on the RT than LT. but I don't see how the DL will generate a consistent pass-rush with Brace and Hill. Ayers is not yet a proven pass-rusher, and Kruger is an effort guy. They'll stop the run at least. 2010 pick was used well on Taylor Mays, and the rest of the secondary looks solid with Delmas and Mickens.

Wicket - His is solid all around. Don't see any singular unit that makes me go "PWN!" but I don't see anything that looks like a liability. 2010 pick was used well on Eric Berry.

Seamus - The skill positions are nice, but the OL is very shaky. He used all his early picks on skill positions, which is a no-no. His DL looks good, and his LB's are solid. Not a big fan of the secondary, but they should be ok with that DL. Gerald McCoy is a good pick with the 2010 selection, and will help with the inside pass-rush.

GB12 - Benn as his 2010 pick? Don't get it. Other than that, the offense looks good. Only one 1st Day pick on the OL is worrysome. Brace and Raji are great against the run, and Orakpo and English are great pass-rushers. The big DT's free up a relatively lack-luster LB group. CB's are good, but the S's aren't impressive.

YAYarea - Don't get using the 2010 pick on a WR. Rashad Jennings is a power-back who lacks explosiveness, which will allow defenses to focus on Bryant and Stafford without exposing themselves to a huge gain by the RB. Big, power OL is good aside from Tupou at RT which I have a bad feeling about. Defense looks good from top to bottom. Love the DB's.

I'm going with Wicket. I like his the best. Used his 2010 pick well, which was important to me, and I just couldn't really find anything big that I had a problem with. Derza is a close second.

listen to this man, he is wise.

BeerBaron
04-20-2009, 12:45 AM

Ahhh man.....I knew I was going to mess up. I think I got to that 5th page of entrants (which is where i think his was) and I was starting to get too fast.

So sorry YAY...sorry everyone else. I'm hoping I didn't miss too too much else......

PACKmanN
04-20-2009, 12:48 AM
QB: Matthew Stafford, Georgia(Top 5)
RB: James Davis, Clemson(Mid)
WR: Percy Harvin, Florida(1st)
WR: Kenny Britt, Rutgers(2nd)
WR: Mike Wallace, Ole Miss(Mid)
LT: Bryan Bulaga, Iowa(2010)
LG: Duke Robinson, Oklahoma(3rd)
OC: Alex Mack, Cal(2nd)
RG: Andy Kemp, Wisconsin(Late/UDFA)
RT: William Beatty, Connecticut(2nd)
TE: James Casey, Rice(Mid)

DE: Fili Moala, USC(3rd)
NT: B.J. Raji, Boston College (1st)
DE: Tyson Jackson, LSU(Top 10)
OLB: Everette Brown, FSU(1st)
ILB: Gerald McRath, Southern Miss(Mid)
ILB: Jasper Brinkley, South Carolina(3rd)
OLB: Larry English, Northern Illinois(2nd)
CB: D.J. Moore, Vanderbilt(3rd)
CB: Jahi Word-Daniels, Georgia Tech(Late/UDFA)
FS: Trimane Goddard, North Carolina(Late/UDFA)
SS: Courtney Greene, Rutgers(Mid)

K: Graham Gano, FSU(Late/UDFA)
P: Kevin Huber, Cincinnati(Late/UDFA)

Top 5(1): Matthew Stafford
Top 10(1): Tyson Jackson
1st(3): B.J. Raji, Everette Brown, Percy Harvin
2nd(4): Larry English, William Beaty, Kenny Brit, Alex Mack
3rd(4): D.J. Moore, Jasper Brinkley, Fili Moala, Duke Robinson
Mid(5): Courtney Greene, Gerald McRath, James Casey, James Davis, Mike Wallace
Late/UDFA(5): Kevin Huber, Graham Gano, Trimane Goddard, Jahi Word-Daniels, Andy Kemp
2010(1): Bryan Bulaga

HOW?!!!!!!

gpngc
04-20-2009, 01:21 AM
I voted wicket. He has the most physical team with a powerful OL and back. And he's the only finalist who used the only 2010 choice you could have made (Berry) at his natural SS position. His CBs are big and physical and he's got a solid DL and an athletic pass rush. J-Lau behind those two big DTs is his best situation and the two OLBs are very good.

The only things I don't like are Watkins on the right side and Bruton at FS. But Berry can play centerfield too, so it's fine.

stephenson86
04-20-2009, 04:03 AM
mine was the best

diabsoule
04-20-2009, 11:23 AM
Ahhh man.....I knew I was going to mess up. I think I got to that 5th page of entrants (which is where i think his was) and I was starting to get too fast.

So sorry YAY...sorry everyone else. I'm hoping I didn't miss too too much else......

Is this voting now null and void since one of the posters who received votes broke the established guidelines that they needed to follow in piecing together a team?

BeerBaron
04-20-2009, 12:33 PM
Is this voting now null and void since one of the posters who received votes broke the established guidelines that they needed to follow in piecing together a team?

I don't think it's a big issue.......we just won't count his votes.

derza222
04-20-2009, 01:00 PM
I don't think it's a big issue.......we just won't count his votes.

Maybe edit YAY out of the first post? He's still getting votes, at this point if we aren't going to count them then may as well have them go to somebody else...

EDIT:

Ah never mind, just weird I'm pretty sure he's gotten a couple of votes this morning.

diabsoule
04-20-2009, 01:37 PM
I'm boycotting this! Those are votes I could have gotten but instead I got cheated! I demand a re-count! Re-count! Re-count!

YAYareaRB
04-20-2009, 03:50 PM
Again I apologize for cheating. I didn't know what I was doing.

http://dailycontributor.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/alex-rodriguez-steroids.jpg

BeerBaron
04-20-2009, 05:19 PM
I'm boycotting this! Those are votes I could have gotten but instead I got cheated! I demand a re-count! Re-count! Re-count!

Sorry Diab.....I don't think it's worthwhile enough to start over again or anything. Hopefully no one else votes for him after I DQed him.

Keep the votes coming everyone else! Just not for YAY.........

Mr. Hero
04-20-2009, 06:31 PM
BB I think you were clearly being racist in your omission of my team from this vote. With my Oline, franchise QB and studly DL/DBs that team was one good offseason and some chemistry away from being perennial contenders.

BeerBaron
04-20-2009, 06:46 PM
BB I think you were clearly being racist in your omission of my team from this vote. With my Oline, franchise QB and studly DL/DBs that team was one good offseason and some chemistry away from being perennial contenders.

Whoa. No. That is not a cool accusation. I set this up so people can have some fun and spend my precious weekend time putting the finalists together, and you accuse me of that?

Not cool.

TACKLE
04-20-2009, 11:34 PM

You're going to far man. It's a freaking draft game. You don't have to take it personally that you're team wasn't picked. BeerBaron did a great job and put in a lot of work. I'm sure that race was not in anyway a factor in his decision making.

BeerBaron
04-21-2009, 06:02 PM
C'mon guys, keep the votes and opinions coming. We still have a very close race going here...

diabsoule
04-21-2009, 06:24 PM
I really think that people overreacted about the racist comment. I think it was a joke, guys.

BeerBaron
04-21-2009, 06:26 PM
I really think that people overreacted about the racist comment. I think it was a joke, guys.

I hope it was. Not something to joke about though.

YAYareaRB
04-22-2009, 11:48 AM

Yeah I kinda got the same vibe.

BeerBaron
04-23-2009, 12:50 AM
Getting down there guys.....about a day and a half or so to go. Keep the votes coming!

GB12
04-26-2009, 02:11 AM
So. Did I win?

Brothgar
04-26-2009, 02:34 AM
Again I apologize for cheating. I didn't know what I was doing.

http://dailycontributor.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/alex-rodriguez-steroids.jpg

YAY YAY YAY, didn't you learn anything. Its not "I didn't know what I was doing" it is

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_qQsMfUj4qn0/SEzFwkwW9YI/AAAAAAAAA6E/PhYKVJY9_ks/s400/cartman.jpg

BeerBaron
04-26-2009, 10:46 AM
So. Did I win?

You won....again.......sir.

You dominate this game. Little dynasty going I think, lol. Congrats.