PDA

View Full Version : MORE

Highagain
04-19-2009, 04:11 PM
C8aFxk0aUuU

Where is society at?

TACKLE
04-19-2009, 04:14 PM
I've seen this before. I had to write a report on it is school. It's very well done. A lot of interesting ideas in it and I thought the animation, although simple, was excellent for this film.

Bosanac01
04-19-2009, 06:12 PM
Very well done, pretty damn cool. + rep

I saw another one at school that's very alike.

BaLLiN
04-19-2009, 06:20 PM
whatever that was, it was good, is it just a short or is there other parts to it?

CJSchneider
04-19-2009, 07:42 PM
Excellent.

Highagain
04-19-2009, 07:45 PM
whatever that was, it was good, is it just a short or is there other parts to it?

Nope, just a short.

Go_Eagles77
04-19-2009, 08:20 PM
That was deep.

The Unseen
04-19-2009, 08:43 PM
powerful stuff there.

TheBuffaloBills
04-19-2009, 08:46 PM
I am terrible in english, and understanding symbolism, metaphors, and Irony. Can someone explain the big picture in this one for me? I must be really dumb.

The Unseen
04-19-2009, 08:52 PM
I am terrible in english, and understanding symbolism, metaphors, and Irony. Can someone explain the big picture in this one for me? I must be really dumb.

It's got nothing to do with English.

I'm guessing people will enterpret it different ways, but I saw it as a representation of monotony of life as driven by the constant seeking of lost youthful pleasure. You grow up, get subjected to the gruel of the working man, and lose you soul.

Bosanac01
04-19-2009, 09:00 PM
TBB is just really dumb, jk but think about it man. It's not your regular youtube video.

TheBuffaloBills
04-19-2009, 09:02 PM

I'm guessing people will enterpret it different ways, but I saw it as a representation of monotony of life as driven by the constant seeking of lost youthful pleasure. You grow up, get subjected to the gruel of the working man, and lose you soul.

Ok, that's what I sort of thought it was all about. BTW, when I say i'm bad with English, I mean the subject of English. Like in a book, the candy wrapper on the ground represents in larger terms, a society that is crumbling, with every man for themselves. I'm terrible at realizing that type of stuff.

Bosanac01
04-19-2009, 09:12 PM
Ok, that's what I sort of thought it was all about. BTW, when I say i'm bad with English, I mean the subject of English. Like in a book, the candy wrapper on the ground represents in larger terms, a society that is crumbling, with every man for themselves. I'm terrible at realizing that type of stuff.

that's because you have nothing but food and boobs on your mind.

TheBuffaloBills
04-19-2009, 09:15 PM
that's because you have nothing but food and boobs on your mind.

You got a point.

CJSchneider
04-19-2009, 09:25 PM

Very good. It also raises several philosophical questions;

"What is happiness and is it to be considered a destination or a journey?"

"Is happiness absolute?"

"Is there a difference between happiness and the representation of happiness?"

CJSchneider
04-19-2009, 09:37 PM
Oh, and as I sit here watching it again, another question strikes me.

"Can we be fooled into thinking we are happy? That is, can the proverbial wool be pulled over our eyes?"

-Ignorance is bliss-
Bliss product is a device placed over the eyes

ShutDwn
04-19-2009, 09:47 PM
I saw it as a representation of people losing their way, as well as mankind's attempts to manufacture and also buy happiness and then bliss.

The main character creates the bliss because he has the desire (in his stomach)to to have that happiness he did as a child, and he shares it with the rest of the world. Sure he makes a bunch of money, but he doesn't have the desire anymore.

I really like this video, so much is "said" in five minutes with basically no words.

WMD
04-19-2009, 09:56 PM
I knew I recognized this from somewhere..

owS1coeoWEc

dabears10
04-19-2009, 10:06 PM
Oh, and as I sit here watching it again, another question strikes me.

"Can we be fooled into thinking we are happy? That is, can the proverbial wool be pulled over our eyes?"

-Ignorance is bliss-
Bliss product is a device placed over the eyes

I suggest this video:
LTO_dZUvbJA

Strongside
04-19-2009, 10:32 PM
Before starting that video, I definitely thought it was about E.T.

CJSchneider
04-19-2009, 10:35 PM
Interesting video. The graphic at 14:01 was EPIC.

dabears10
04-19-2009, 10:37 PM
Interesting video. The graphic at 14:01 was EPIC.

I spend about 2-3 Hours every Sunday watching TED talks. Many interesting lectures.

Tampa 2 4 life
04-19-2009, 10:41 PM
I feel like the video represents the part of your imagination that dies when other people share in your imaginations. When the main character creates the happy goggles, his goal turned from visionary to greed driven.

CJSchneider
04-19-2009, 10:43 PM
I can see in his argument were, yes, "A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush." in regards to the Monet prints, but I think he provides a fallacy of logic in confusing "happiness" with "being content". Don't get me wrong, still a great video though.

EDIT: As soon as I finished typing that, I asked myself - "Is there a difference between the two?" Hmm?

dabears10
04-19-2009, 10:47 PM
I can see in his argument were, yes, "A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush." in regards to the Monet prints, but I think he provides a fallacy of logic in confusing "happiness" with "being content". Don't get me wrong, still a great video though.

EDIT: As soon as I finished typing that, I asked myself - "Is there a difference between the two?" Hmm?

The biggest critique I have is that he does not talk about having to settle for something less. In his examples, all of them were forced to the place to make themselves unhappy, yet in his experiment he let them choose.

CJSchneider
04-19-2009, 10:56 PM
The biggest critique I have is that he does not talk about having to settle for something less. In his examples, all of them were forced to the place to make themselves unhappy, yet in his experiment he let them choose.

Agreed. Content with one situation does not mean you would not prefer or obviously be happier with another.

Bosanac01
04-20-2009, 01:23 AM
zl6hNj1uOkY

this one i saw at school. The way I see it, it is about a woman who is changing her apperance based on what she sees in society, and thinks that's the way you should look. In the end, it kills her.

Brent
04-20-2009, 03:48 AM
That original video caused me to reflect on my own life and question myself. And for that to occur in a football forum is something truly odd.

CJSchneider
04-20-2009, 05:46 AM
zl6hNj1uOkY

this one i saw at school. The way I see it, it is about a woman who is changing her apperance based on what she sees in society, and thinks that's the way you should look. In the end, it kills her.

That one was good as well, and where the images on the TV screen surely reflects a "society's image" aspect, I also feel it is asking "What is the value between ones needs and ones wants?" Of course you could take that question alone and run with it.