PDA

View Full Version : Sanchez as a freshman

volman88
04-20-2009, 03:21 PM
I am not sure if I dreamed this up or something but I remember thinking that Mark Sanchez got in trouble for doing something to a girl his freshman year. I searchde for something on it, but I could not find anything. Does anyone know anything about this.

CashmoneyDrew
04-20-2009, 03:22 PM
I believe he was accused of rape or something like that but nothing ever came of it IIRC.

Malaka
04-20-2009, 03:36 PM
I think it was sexual harassment not rape, but I am not 100% sure.

parrish_lemar24DBSkins
04-20-2009, 03:49 PM
Whatever happened, the case was weak and law enforcement and the University decided not to file charges on account of lack of evidence.

Something similar happened to Colt Brennan at Colorado, where he was accused of sexual assault, ( got drunk and grabbed a girl's breast in her dorm room and she freaked). He was cleared of all charges, but decided to transfer instead to Hawaii for a fresh start.

If there was anything to this, I suspect Carroll would have dismissed him from the team early on.

diabsoule
04-20-2009, 03:51 PM
Little known fact: While in middle school Mark Sanchez tutored then USC QB Carson Palmer on the finer techniques of the quarterback position.

volman88
04-20-2009, 04:23 PM
I wouldnt hold this against him either but I just wanted to know if this actually happened or I just dreamed it up.

parrish_lemar24DBSkins
04-20-2009, 04:23 PM
BRAVEHEART was making a bad joke, Ballin.

Sanchez was arrested by LA County Police and had to put up 200 Gs large to get out on bail. He never penetrated this chick and they both agreed they had consentual intimate contact. The girl never filed a complaint, it was her mother who filed charges with police. The alleged victim later transferred from USC.

At the time, the charges against him were a huge deal, but once the details came out, there was less media scrutiny on him.

Scott Wright
04-20-2009, 05:06 PM
Everyone should tread lightly and mind their manners in this thread...

Addict
04-20-2009, 05:33 PM
Everyone should tread lightly and mind their manners in this thread...or I'll ban you faster than you can say "what happened I got banned

fixed & completed

Geason Noceur
04-21-2009, 03:53 PM
Here's a link (http://www.usatoday.com/sports/college/football/pac10/2006-06-02-sanchez_x.htm) that explains what happened. He was never proven guilty, but he was never declared innocent either. The case was dropped due to "a lack of sufficient evidence beyond a reasonable doubt." I guess we'll never find out exactly what happened.

Sniper
04-21-2009, 04:04 PM
Little known fact: While in middle school Mark Sanchez tutored then USC QB Carson Palmer on the finer techniques of the quarterback position.

Little known fact? Did you miss the E60 special on this?