PDA

View Full Version : This draft breaks all the rules.

Black Bolt
04-20-2009, 06:33 PM
Curry can be ranked no lower than #1 as a prospect, but I have feeling he will drop. Why? Because he is a LB, which blows up the arguement that you have to stay true to your draft board.

Sanchez is a junior QB with one year starting. He played bad against Oregon St., yet it looks like he will go in the top 5. So much for the arguement that college QBs need 4 years of experience in order to be thought of as a blue chip prospect.

Andre Smith will be a top 10 selection despite "intelligence/character concerns." So much for that arguement in the Goodell NFL.

Crabtree will be drafted high without a 40 time.

Stafford shows great physical skill but underachieved this year while showing less than good intangibles.

Maclin played in a quirky system.

Raji presents "weight issues."

Throw all of these out the window this year, teams are being forced to abandon long held draft theories and will just get who they can!

Mr.Regular
04-20-2009, 06:38 PM
Anyone else instantly think of this:
http://adorability.files.wordpress.com/2008/05/rebelwithoutacause5.jpg
?

But yes you make some valid points, this is a pretty weak class. Weakest since 05 would you guys say?

BmoreBlackByrdz
04-20-2009, 06:39 PM
Curry can be ranked no lower than #1 as a prospect, but I have feeling he will drop. Why? Because he is a LB, which blows up the arguement that you have to stay true to your draft board.

Sanchez is a junior QB with one year starting. He played bad against Oregon St., yet it looks like he will go in the top 5. So much for the arguement that college QBs need 4 years of experience in order to be thought of as a blue chip prospect.

Andre Smith will be a top 10 selection despite "intelligence/character concerns." So much for that arguement in the Goodell NFL.

Stafford shows great physical skill but underachieved this year while showing less than good intangibles.

Throw all of these out the window this year, teams are being forced to abandon long held draft theories and will just get who they can!

Detroit has enough money invested into there LB corps to take Curry, thats why he isn't going #1 overall. St. Louis has a much bigger need at Tackle.

As for Sanchez, he's not going in the top 5. And look at his career at USC after the loss to Oregon State. Don't just look at the negatives

As for Andre Smith, watch the game tape.

Crabtree- 40 times are overrated, like Smith, watch his game tape. He dominates.

Maclin played in a quirky system? so does almost every other player coming out of college. Spread offenses are a common thing in College football.

Where are Raji's weight issues? he is 337. Typical for your average Nose Tackle.

Again, you are just looking at all the negatives, but I will agree, this is a weak draft class.

Michigan
04-20-2009, 06:50 PM
Jake Long can't play LT.

Matt Ryan throws too many interceptions.

Jonathan Stewart missed almost half a year after toe surgery.

Felix Jones had fewer career carries than Kevin Smith had in a single season.

The top cornerbacks hail from Troy, Tennessee State, Kansas, South Florida, and Arizona.

Joe Flacco is a big armed, traditional pocket QB who donned the famous blue-and-yellow winged helmet of.... Delaware?

"Rules" are rewritten every year, and that's why every draft is more exciting than the previous one.

Matthew Jones
04-20-2009, 06:59 PM
There's never really a perfect prospect, just good ones. No one outside of maybe the top couple picks in a draft class is an absolutely complete player. You don't find a 6'5", 230 pound QB with a rocket arm, amazing accuracy, four years of starting experience and a Heisman operating out of a pro-style offense in every draft class.

Hawk
04-20-2009, 07:09 PM
There's never really a perfect prospect, just good ones. No one outside of maybe the top couple picks in a draft class is an absolutely complete player. You don't find a 6'5", 230 pound QB with a rocket arm, amazing accuracy, four years of starting experience and a Heisman operating out of a pro-style offense in every draft class.

drooollzzzz.

Burger
04-20-2009, 10:10 PM

Has that happened ever?

PossibleCabbage
04-20-2009, 10:24 PM
Where are Raji's weight issues? he is 337. Typical for your average Nose Tackle.

How many 6'2" 337 lbs 22 year olds do you know of that don't have a weight problem? It's not really natural for somebody that young to weigh that much. Most of the best NTs in the league weren't drafted at their playing weight, they grew into that with age, buffets, and long hours in the weight room. If he's 337 at 22, what's he going to be at 27? It isn't unheard of for NTs to eat themselves out of the league for a time, just look at Kris Jenkins before last year.

GB12
04-20-2009, 10:31 PM
Has that happened ever?
Peyton Manning is probably the closest to fitting that description, but he didn't win the Heisman.

CashmoneyDrew
04-20-2009, 10:34 PM
Peyton Manning is probably the closest to fitting that description, but he didn't win the Heisman.

Tennessee fans know not of this "Heisman" you speak of..... :p

SimonRath
04-20-2009, 10:45 PM
i agree he is the #1 prospect but he wont drop that far

yeah cuz one bad game make him not a good QB

the 40 time is not that important. watch the film, he was an absolute beast on the field

I think Stafford had way to high expectations this year.

so did Crabtree

no he doesnt.. he's a NT, they are suppose to be fat

RedVision
04-20-2009, 10:49 PM

Closest to that description is Carson Palmer, but I don't beleive he started 4 years.

jnew76
04-20-2009, 10:55 PM
Has that happened ever?

I think Carson Palmer started at least parts of 4 years. He would be the closest I can think of.

Dam8610
04-20-2009, 11:33 PM
There's never really a perfect prospect, just good ones.

Did anyone ever find a flaw in Calvin Johnson?

Has that happened ever?

Peyton Manning comes as close as possible, he simply had his Heisman stolen by Woodson.

Michigan
04-21-2009, 12:09 AM
Peyton Manning comes as close as possible, he simply had his Heisman stolen by Woodson.

Absolutely not true. Woodson (bbhn) was the most dominant defensive back in college football history and led his team to a national championship.

Geo
04-21-2009, 12:45 AM
Raji and Ron Brace both reportedly lost around 30 lbs. in college to become better players. Beefy.

superman
04-21-2009, 12:51 AM
Raji and Ron Brace both reportedly lost around 30 lbs. in college to become better players. Beefy.

isn't that a good thing?

yourfavestoner
04-21-2009, 01:57 AM

Tee Martin>Peyton Manning

superman
04-21-2009, 02:06 AM

one time he almost stepped on an ant

AntoinCD
04-21-2009, 07:58 AM
I think the only flaw i could remember with calvin johnson was that while he would make spectacular catches he would occasionally drop easier ones

nepg
04-21-2009, 08:39 AM
Has that happened ever?

Carson Palmer fits it perfectly, and I'm pretty sure Vinny Testeverde does as well, but I'm not sure how many years he started.
________
Laguna Heights Condo Pattaya (http://pattayaluxurycondos.com)

Black Bolt
04-21-2009, 10:54 AM
A weak class may be the cause in many cases, but what I am saying is that the rules of who what when and where in this NFL draft have been turned upside down.

Detroit has enough money invested into there LB corps to take Curry, thats why he isn't going #1 overall. St. Louis has a much bigger need at Tackle.

As for Sanchez, he's not going in the top 5. And look at his career at USC after the loss to Oregon State. Don't just look at the negatives

Crabtree- 40 times are overrated, like Smith, watch his game tape. He dominates.

Maclin played in a quirky system? so does almost every other player coming out of college. Spread offenses are a common thing in College football.

Again, you are just looking at all the negatives, but I will agree, this is a weak draft class.

Black Bolt
04-21-2009, 10:56 AM
The guy is a youngster, not some 8 year vet. What's he going to weight in 5 years, 370?

Sniper
04-21-2009, 05:35 PM

False. Charles Woodson (Praised Be His Name) had a better season. Woodson (PBHN)dominated week-in and week-out, and put on a show to beat his biggest rival as well as beasting it in the (equivalent of) NC game. Oh, CW2, how I miss you.

Woodson>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Manning.

Dam8610
04-21-2009, 05:56 PM
False. Charles Woodson (Praised Be His Name) had a better season. Woodson (PBHN)dominated week-in and week-out, and put on a show to beat his biggest rival as well as beasting it in the (equivalent of) NC game. Oh, CW2, how I miss you.

Woodson>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Manning.

I saw this coming before I even made that post, and I still can't decide whether to laugh or argue.

SimonRath
04-21-2009, 06:01 PM
I saw this coming before I even made that post, and I still can't decide whether to laugh or argue.

if Manning went on to have an okay career an not a HOF one, this argument wouldn't even be made