PDA

View Full Version : If we traded up for any player in the draft, who would you want?

D-Unit
04-20-2009, 06:48 PM
If we traded up for any player in the draft, who would you want?

For me, the choice is easy peasy... ILB Rey Maualuga.

herniateddisc
04-20-2009, 07:43 PM
If we traded up for any player in the draft, who would you want?

For me, the choice is easy peasy... ILB Rey Maualuga.

Trade up in late first I assume....

Rey or Raji or A Smith.

D-Unit
04-20-2009, 07:52 PM
Trade up in late first I assume....

Rey or Raji or A Smith.
Alphonso Smith?

Crimson79
04-20-2009, 07:53 PM
Aaron Curry

LonghornsLegend
04-20-2009, 08:01 PM
Since it's any player, Michael Oher would be that man, that's who I'd want if we had our 1st.

herniateddisc
04-20-2009, 08:50 PM
Alphonso Smith?

Andre if he falls to late first.

Again, I am assuming trade into late first since we don't have the stuff to get much earlier.

D-Unit
04-20-2009, 08:56 PM
Andre if he falls to late first.

Again, I am assuming trade into late first since we don't have the stuff to get much earlier.
Yeah, I automatically assumed we'd all be talking about Pick 15 and beyond. At least an area where we'd have a fighting chance of trading up to.

I had to hit myself in the head for assuming that after I saw Crimson write Aaron Curry. *shakes head*

Burns336
04-20-2009, 08:58 PM
Raji or any of the 3 USC backers.

Brent
04-20-2009, 08:58 PM
the choice is easy peasy... ILB Rey Maualuga.
You guys getting Rey Maualuga wouldnt even be fair haha.

Crimson79
04-20-2009, 10:10 PM
Yeah, I automatically assumed we'd all be talking about Pick 15 and beyond. At least an area where we'd have a fighting chance of trading up to.

I had to hit myself in the head for assuming that after I saw Crimson write Aaron Curry. *shakes head*

haha whoa whoa the thread said anyone player in the draft. Didn't say anything about restrictions.

But to play fair I would probably go with Rey Rey.

Macarthur
04-21-2009, 09:53 AM
Yeah, the big question is how far.

I agree with any of the 3 USC LBers; I'm not sold on Raji, but I would love to move up and get one of the top LTs.

And to a lesser extent, I would trade up a bit to ensure Delmas.

UTPATS
04-21-2009, 02:50 PM
I would love to see us trade up for Oher, Delmas, Rey, but to throw a CURVE ball in there...

Connor Barwin

SeanTaylorRIP
04-21-2009, 06:37 PM
I'd hate it if the Cowboys traded up for Delmas. Kid is such a ballhawk and hitter for his size. I still think though you should stick put with your pick. From what I hear Hakeem Nicks is falling to the early-mid 2nd round range, and if you got him he would be a significant roster move as a very physical #2. For some reason though Rashad Johnson just sounds like a Cowboy. If I were to bet on a pick he'd be it. Hopefully you guys keep your hands off Sidbury.

crisco0710
04-21-2009, 08:12 PM
I would like heyward bey. Just like the dude.

BTW, next years draft is going to be so awesome. We can go after any of the top safeties, but I would love to get Kindle to go opposite of Ware.

SeanTaylorRIP
04-21-2009, 08:14 PM
I don't think you want to be in the draft position to get Kindle.

herniateddisc
04-21-2009, 08:45 PM
Looking at the ESPN draft board I am going to change my recommendation.

It seems this draft has some very good Centers so I am coming to the idea of moving just a bit to get Wood/Mack/Unger and then moving Gurode to Guard might be a good idea.

The O Tackle prospects by late 1 or early 2 are as good as the ones in the third and fourth except for maybe Loadholt. The D guys are likely gone that can make an impact Year 1. So our late rounders might be good enuff to fulfill need.

A few other ideas not mentioned from what I can see for Day 2....

A name for FS -- not quick twitch enuff for CB IMHO -- Morgan Trent. I think he might be an excellent FS prospect who we can get day 2.

A name for WR -- Joaquin Iglesias from Oklahoma -- really productive and runs routes well. Better than Crayton already.

A name for QB -- Nate Davis, I know I know but he will have time to learn.

A name for LB -- Slade Norris, position change but the report on him is interesting. High Motor guy playing DE for which he is too small.

crisco0710
04-21-2009, 09:14 PM
I don't think you want to be in the draft position to get Kindle.

Yeah, I wish he would have came out this year, we would have been in better position for him. But we are Dallas, and the owner is Jerry Jones, so you never know what type of trade will happen come draft day next year when we actually have a 1st.

Paul
04-21-2009, 09:20 PM
Oher or Delmas. Kiper got my hopes up in his last mock.

FearTheSpur
04-21-2009, 09:42 PM
Rey Rey would be nice...

Hope we pick up Jasper Brinkley at some point in the draft though.

MetSox17
04-21-2009, 10:03 PM
The only way i see us trading up is to answer our number one priority. Obviously on a team that has many holes, the term "#1 priority" differs from fan to fan, but i know i wouldn't consider ILB our number one priority. The offensive line is deteriorating very quickly, so obviously if one of the big four were to fall, i would not have any issues with trading up to get him. The past few years WRs have dropped like flies, so i wouldn't trade up for one either. I'd love to see Jeremy Maclin on this team but i doubt he drops out of the top ten.

I'm torn as to what to do if that situation were to present itself. This team just can't seem to develop mid round picks, so it makes me think what the use for having them is if we can't get anybody worth a damn in those rounds. If we package them together for more of a sure thing, i'll take that. I sure hope we come out of day one with a safety though.

Macarthur
04-22-2009, 08:17 AM
The only way i see us trading up is to answer our number one priority. Obviously on a team that has many holes, the term "#1 priority" differs from fan to fan, but i know i wouldn't consider ILB our number one priority. The offensive line is deteriorating very quickly, so obviously if one of the big four were to fall, i would not have any issues with trading up to get him. The past few years WRs have dropped like flies, so i wouldn't trade up for one either. I'd love to see Jeremy Maclin on this team but i doubt he drops out of the top ten.

Not trying to be argumentative, but what do you mean by "many holes"?

I could see a rookie getting time at S and ILB, especially in nickle, but that's about it. I agree that we need depth on the OL, but I wouldn't really say they are "deteriorating rapidly". Davis and Columbo have the right side set for several more years; same with center.

Kosier and Holland are decent NFL guards, and we need to find Flo's replacement, but I think you are exagerating a bit to say "deteriorating rapidly".

I'm torn as to what to do if that situation were to present itself. This team just can't seem to develop mid round picks, so it makes me think what the use for having them is if we can't get anybody worth a damn in those rounds. If we package them together for more of a sure thing, i'll take that. I sure hope we come out of day one with a safety though.

What do you mean by mid-rounds?

Dallas actually has been one of the better teams in the league lately in rounds 3-6.

leroyisgod
04-22-2009, 10:35 AM
Jeremy Macklin

JJJ888
04-22-2009, 09:19 PM
Delmas is the top player on my board, but if we were going to trade up into the early 2nd/late 1st, I'd have my eye on Larry English.

FinChase
04-23-2009, 01:23 PM
My number one dream would be Jason Smith, but since D has limited us to mid-first, I'd be happy with Rey or Oher. If we trade up higher in the 2nd round, I'd like Delmas.

LonghornsLegend
04-23-2009, 02:02 PM

Our track record is pretty good for mid rounders:

Chris Canty
Marion Barber
Jay Ratliff
Patrick Crayton
Jacque Reeves
Bradie James
Orlando Scandrick
Tashard Choice

We have our fair share of misses but no team is perfect for drafting mid round guys, it's just a crap shoot, but I think that's a pretty impressive list for guys past round 3 for the past 5 years.

pocketaces
04-23-2009, 02:27 PM
Aaron Maybin

LizardState
04-23-2009, 03:40 PM
I'd hate it if the Cowboys traded up for Delmas. Kid is such a ballhawk and hitter for his size. I still think though you should stick put with your pick. From what I hear Hakeem Nicks is falling to the early-mid 2nd round range, and if you got him he would be a significant roster move as a very physical #2. For some reason though Rashad Johnson just sounds like a Cowboy. If I were to bet on a pick he'd be it. Hopefully you guys keep your hands off Sidbury.

Even the Skins fan thinks Dallas should draft Rashad Johnson.

If they're going to actually do it, trade up for a player from a team that doesn't have the ammo to trade up, they had better get an impact rookie who can start as a rookie, so we're talking a classic overachiever type. If Johnson can handle NFL coverage schemes & still bring the lumber like he hit in college at Bama they're definitely upgraded from S Roy Williams, who was a smallish tweener SS/LB. Delmas is looking like he will go late 1st - early 2nd, & Rashad Johnson is allegedly rising up some boards now, so they might have to trade up 4-8 or more spots to get him in the 2nd, maybe work a deal with their old friends the Raiders at #40.

pocketaces
04-23-2009, 03:57 PM
Even the Skins fan thinks Dallas should draft Rashad Johnson.

If they're going to actually do it, trade up for a player from a team that doesn't have the ammo to trade up, they had better get an impact rookie who can start as a rookie, so we're talking a classic overachiever type. If Johnson can handle NFL coverage schemes & still bring the lumber like he hit in college at Bama they're definitely upgraded from S Roy Williams, who was a smallish tweener SS/LB. Delmas is looking like he will go late 1st - early 2nd, & Rashad Johnson is allegedly rising up some boards now, so they might have to trade up 4-8 or more spots to get him in the 2nd, maybe work a deal with their old friends the Raiders at #40.

YUCK, I'd rather take Sean Smith. Also Roy was 6' 225+, hardly a "smallish tweener" SS. Not saying Johnson isnt a good player, just wouldnt want to trade up for him.