PDA

View Full Version : Packers if YOU were TT

GadoR'Savior
03-07-2007, 04:27 PM
this is a thread where you post what you'd do if u were Teddy Thompson, from free agents, draft picks, depth charts, and all!

This is what i am thinking:
FA's
FB J. Griffith
TE R. McMichael

Trades
trade down in 1st draft, grab extra 2nd
Trade 2rd round pick and Herron for McGhee
Trade Barry for 4th round pick

Draft
1)WR R. Meachem
We need a reciever who can stretch the field and we would be are answer
2)SS B. Meriweather
He's from the U is there ever a bad corner or Saftey outta there beside Rumph, solves are problem
3)OLB R. Alexander
Poppinga, yeah he did very good bout not much depth on the outside and Alexander is the hitter and tackle Machine
4)HB A. Bradshaw
Great RB for are offense will be a solid 3rd down back.
4)CB J. Wade
We need a little more depth needed even though he have 3 studs (Blackmon included)
5)C/OG Leroy Harris
Really no back up center and not as much depth on the line.
6)DT Keith Jackson Jr.
Watched him a few times and was pretty impressed
7)WR Matt Trannan
Huge athlete freak (M. Colston??)

DRAFT
QB Favre//Rodgers,Martin
HB McGahee//Morency,Bradshaw(R)
FB Griffith//Miree
WR Driver, Jennings//Meachem(R), Ferguson, Trannon(R)
TE McMichael//Franks,Lee
OT Cliften,Tauscher//Moll
OG Colledge,Spitz//Coston
C Wells//Harris(R)

DE Kampman,Jenkins//KGB,Montgomery
DT Prickett, Williams//Cole, Jolly, Jackson Jr.(R)
OLB Hawk,Poppinga//Alexander(R),White
MLB Barnett//Hodge
FS Collins//Culver
SS Meriweather(R)//Underwood
CB Woodson,Harris//Blackmon,Wade(R)

Thats all IMO but thats kinda what i'd like to see. You guys???

neko4
03-07-2007, 04:45 PM
FA's:
Ken Hamlin S
Justin Griffith FB

Trades:
Trade for Ladell Betts give away 3rd and Noah Herron
Trade Kevin Barry for 4th
Trade for Moss, give away Rodgers and 4th
Trade down from 1st 16th and get a late first and second

Draft
1 Greg Olsen TE Miami
2a Drew Stanton QB Michigan State
2b Josh Wilson CB Maryland
4 Tony Taylor OLB Georgia
5 Garrett Wolfe HB N Illinois
6 Larry Brown DT Oklahoma St
7a Chandler Williams WR FIU
7b Cameron Jensen ILB BYU

QB Favre/Martin or Stanton
HB Betts/Morency/Wolfe
FB Griffith/Miree
1WR Driver/Jennings/Holiday
2WR Moss/Ruvell/Williams
TE Olsen/Bubba/Lee
O-Line to remain the same as last year
DE Kampman/Montgomery/Hunter
DT Pickett/Cole/Jolly
DT CoreyWilliams/Cole/Brown
DE Jenkins/KGB/Montgomery
OLB AJ/BenTaylor/White
MLB Barnett/Hodge/Jensen
OLB Poppinga/TonyTaylor/BenTaylor
CB Harris/Wilson/Bush
CB Woodson/Dendy/Bush
FS Collins/Culver/Peprah
SS Hamlin/Underwood/Bigby

Wilson to return kicks/punts

TitleTown088
03-07-2007, 04:51 PM
I don't understand why people want Hamlin so much. We already have safties that cannot cover well. I'd much rather have Grant.

GadoR'Savior
03-07-2007, 04:53 PM
I had durent yearlier but changed it He will be a second round pick i think I like Drew Stanton and Wilson but i'd still rather sign McMichaels than draft a TE.

neko4
03-07-2007, 04:56 PM
Durant does have 2nd round talent, I was just hoping to get lucky :)

neko4
03-07-2007, 04:58 PM
I don't understand why people want Hamlin so much. We already have safties that cannot cover well. I'd much rather have Grant.

Can Grant really cover better?

GadoR'Savior
03-07-2007, 04:59 PM
haha i'd be willing to pick him in the second the guy is a flat out stud! Def an upgrade over the pretty good Poppinga. Bet he'd cover better 2! haha

Grant can cover but i 'd still like another young guy to go with Collins. There is no wrong answer with nelson, griffin, meriweather, or rouse

jackalope
03-07-2007, 05:07 PM
i wouldn't do a whole lot this off season. i think this is all we really have to do.

signings...

Justin Griffith FB
resign Barnett

Draft

1st Marshawn Lynch RB
2nd Zach Miller TE
3rd a fast receiver that can stretch the field
4th cornerback
5th best OLB available
6th developmental OT
7a best DT available
7b best S available

neko4
03-07-2007, 05:17 PM
made a few changes

M1Koter
03-07-2007, 07:21 PM
TT is a smarter man than I, I would never made the collins pick or the jennings pick so, he's a better GM than I would be, so whatever he does, I think for the most part is right, I would have signed manuel to by the way

Mwkick
03-07-2007, 07:30 PM
Olson can't block. He's basically a receiver in a tight end's body.

John Clayton said the report about Rodgers and a pick for moss is false. They don't want Rodgers. No one does other than people who have false hope.

Ladell Betts can't be had for a 3rd rounder. The redskins have basically said they'd trade portis before they trade betts. Maybe that's a stretch but I doubt they take anything lower than a first. I know that sounds crazy but they love the guy.

I really think this defense needs help. They lack a significant pass rush. People will argue Kampman will only get better, but 6 of his sacks came in two games. I thiink he played outta his mind. He'll be solid, but won't continue to put up numbers like this year.
Their corners lack depth and they need a safety. It'll be tough for a lower round safety to really provide an impact.

I really think Moss is key. I would like to see them trade a 2nd or a 3rd round pick for moss and throw in a conditional next year. Then trade down with their first draft miller and a back with their second.
Sign Corey Dillion to a 1-2 year deal just to have a veteran.

neko4
03-07-2007, 08:18 PM
Olsen cant block, but Bubba definatly can. Whats wrong with getting 6 sacks in 2 games anyway?

PACKmanN
03-07-2007, 08:20 PM
if i was TT i would dye my hair black. :)

M1Koter
03-07-2007, 08:36 PM
Olson can't block. He's basically a receiver in a tight end's body.

John Clayton said the report about Rodgers and a pick for moss is false. They don't want Rodgers. No one does other than people who have false hope.

Ladell Betts can't be had for a 3rd rounder. The redskins have basically said they'd trade portis before they trade betts. Maybe that's a stretch but I doubt they take anything lower than a first. I know that sounds crazy but they love the guy.

I really think this defense needs help. They lack a significant pass rush. People will argue Kampman will only get better, but 6 of his sacks came in two games. I thiink he played outta his mind. He'll be solid, but won't continue to put up numbers like this year.
Their corners lack depth and they need a safety. It'll be tough for a lower round safety to really provide an impact.

I really think Moss is key. I would like to see them trade a 2nd or a 3rd round pick for moss and throw in a conditional next year. Then trade down with their first draft miller and a back with their second.
Sign Corey Dillion to a 1-2 year deal just to have a veteran.

I agree with ya on olson, unless he drops to the second, which I don't think he will, then I don't want him, the packers were a top 5 team last year when it comes to sacks, thats not any sort of need, we do need a saftey, don't know where but we do need a saftey but, I willing to give underwood a chance but thats not something we can even come close to depending on

johbur
03-11-2007, 12:41 AM
Olsen cant block, but Bubba definatly can. Whats wrong with getting 6 sacks in 2 games anyway?

Olsen would be a great pickup. Look at red-zone offense and tell me how much we needed a blocking TE versus a receiving TE. Olsen would be able to go down the seam and punish teams that choose to double or triple DD. Also, we won't be keeping 7 players in to block hopefully, so we need a TE, FB and RB that can all catch the ball in the passing game and be threats to move the chains and *gasp* SCORE!

Kampman still had 9.5 sacks in 14 games. Which is still solid, and maybe you forgot that he broke Ezra's season tackle record for a d-lineman. How good is Kampman going to be now that TT has resigned Jenkins, who the coaches finally figuered out will be a heckuva DE, sliding to DT on passing downs?

Were I TT...

I'd pick up Grant Wistrom at a reasonable price, look over Atlanta's linemen to see if there's anyone worth getting now that they're switching schemes, bring in Trey Teague to see if he's medically sound and sign him if he is, then I'd work Draft magic to move down in the first round and get Greg Olsen or see if LaRon Landry fell to me. Then get FB Leonard, maybe a CB, Chris Henry in the 4th, a versatile and athletic OL to round out the line, and see if there was was a gem to be discovered at QB.

After the draft, wait for all the after-draft cuts, then look over who might be a nice veteran presence, particularly at WR and CB.

The Legend
03-11-2007, 12:51 AM
Ken Hamlin

princefielder28
03-11-2007, 10:03 AM
Ken Hamlin

I wouldn't like the addition of Hamlin, too much like Collins

Smokey
03-11-2007, 10:36 PM
Don't forget that in the Bates defense the safeties are interchangable. There is no standard 'strong' or 'free' safety. So a good tackler with good range is what we should be looking for.

And on that note Bates is in Denver this year - is that right? If so I'll be watching the Broncos defense with interest. I have much respect for bates.

GadoR'Savior
03-23-2007, 10:58 AM
Draft board top 10
1 M. Lynch
2 R. Nelson
3 G. Olsen
4 T. Ginn Jr.
5 R. Meachem
6 J. Beason
7 M. Griffin
8 D. Jarrett
9 B. Meriweather
10 J. Durant

Texans want a 2nd or 3rd for Carr.....3rd and K. Barry could get him here Texans need a line if they want Schaub to succeed plus Barry played well for Sherman in the past. That was if the Packers did indeed trade Rodgers 4 Moss which i dont think will happen.

*so if im TT in order to trade Rodgers for Moss i'd like to have this trade with Houston settled and pull the trigger. Carr is a veteren now who is tough like Brett Favre (but not nearly as tough as ironman and Aaron is fragile the only came he gets in he breaks his ankle good future there haha) and should be able to pick up the system fast.

***If Im TT I saw screw what the fans think about Randy Moss because its all about winning and HE WILL help us win! ***

neko4
03-23-2007, 11:11 AM
I like Carr, hes older than Rodgers but still good also glad to see Durant on the bb

princefielder28
03-23-2007, 11:23 AM
Why would we trade for David Carr??? We have Aaron Rodgers and if we acquire Crr, Rodgers will never see the field and it would have been the biggest waste of a 1st round pick since Jamaal Reynolds.

roughrider30
03-23-2007, 12:44 PM
Why would we trade for David Carr??? We have Aaron Rodgers and if we acquire Crr, Rodgers will never see the field and it would have been the biggest waste of a 1st round pick since Jamaal Reynolds.

He was saying that if we want to give Rodgers away for Moss then we should turn around and give a 3rd and Barry for Carr, which seems pretty unlikely for everything to fall into place like that, but i wouldn't be against it since I like Carr. There is no way TT would part with a 2nd or 3rd rounder to get Carr, when we have Rodgers.

GadoR'Savior
03-23-2007, 01:05 PM

I said if they were to trade Rodgers for Moss then get Carr, which we wont need to trade it sounds as if hes getting cut. Texans said they were willin to trade him 2 Miami just to swap 1st round picks, so move from 10 to 9.

DURANT IS A STUD! No offense to Poppinga i mean he did a very solid job except he can cover 4 s*** but he got a lil better at the end but I'd take Durant over him any day of the week.

Hawk Barnett Durant
Poppinga and Hodge filling in, that is monsterish

As for if im TT

you almost have to believe we have to trade down if Marshawn is not there unless he is sold on the ball-hawking Reggie Nelson who could still bet here if we trade down but i doubt it. Getting an extra 2nd is huge and maybe an extra 4th rounder for Barry. The thing that dictates this draft the most is if we get Moss or not. Without him WR is a big need, with him not so big of a need. Plane and simply we need a RB,SS,TE,WR. olb is a sorta need but not to important that we need to spend an early pick on it (Unless its Beason there in the second or Durent in the 3th)

GadoR'Savior
03-23-2007, 01:13 PM
If we trade down how do you like
1. WR Meachem
2. SS Meriweather
2. TE Patrick
3. HB Pittman OR OLB Durant
4. ...................> HB Bradshaw (look him up on youtube hes the next Warrick Dunn)

princefielder28
03-23-2007, 01:21 PM
If we trade down how do you like
1. WR Meachem
2. SS Meriweather
2. TE Patrick
3. HB Pittman OR OLB Durant
4. ...................> HB Bradshaw (look him up on youtube hes the next Warrick Dunn)

I would be very satisfied with that

cordscords
03-23-2007, 08:57 PM
As of right now:

1. Extend Nick Barnett and Corey Williams.
2. Approach Favre, Franks, Clifton, KGB, and Tauscher and ask them how they feel about pay cuts.
3. Sign Chris Brown, Sign David Carr, Re-Sign William Henderson
4. Do the reported deal of Rodgers, a 7th Rounder, and a Conditional pick for Moss and Anderson.

Then run the first day of the draft like this (based on whos available in Scotts mock):

1. Robert Meachem
2. Eric Weddle
3. Josh Wilson

Final 53 Man Roster:

QB: Brett Favre, David Carr, Ingle Martin
WR: Donald Driver, Randy Moss, Greg Jennings, Robert Meachem, Ruvell Martin (ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!?)
RB: Chris Brown, Vernand Morency, Noah Herron
FB: William Henderson
TE: Bubba Franks, Courtney Anderson, Donald Lee
LT: Chad Clifton, Tony Moll
LG: Daryn Colledge, Tony Palmer
C: Scott Wells, Tyson Walter
RG: Jason Spitz, Junius Coston
RT: Mark Tauscher, Kevin Barry

LE: Aaron Kampman, Jason Hunter
RE: Cullen Jenkins, Kabeer Gbaja-Biamila
LCB: Charles Woodson, Will Blackmon, Patrick Dendy
RCB: Al Harris, Josh Wilson, Frank Walker
SS: Eric Weddle, Marquand Manuel
FS: Nick Collins, Charlie Peprah, Marviel Underwood
DLT: Corey Williams, Colin Cole
DRT: Ryan Pickett, Johnny Jolly
SLB: Brady Poppinga, Spencer Havner
MLB: Nick Barnett, Abdul Hodge
WLB: A.J. Hawk, Tracy White

K: Dave Rayner
P: Jon Ryan
LS: Rob Davis

princefielder28
03-23-2007, 09:02 PM
If they trade for Moss I doubt they draft Robert Meachem too.

cordscords
03-23-2007, 09:05 PM
I know TT won't. But I would :)

princefielder28
03-23-2007, 09:06 PM

I guess thats why it's called "If you were TT"

NAVY
03-24-2007, 04:33 AM
Even with a trade down, I still think we can get a better WR then Meachem.

I would take Ginn, Jarrett or Bowe ahead of Meachem

Jarret:
Strengths: Possesses outstanding size. Is tall with a solid build and good overall strength. He is a fluid athlete for his size. Shows the ability to sink his hips and get in and out of breaks without gearing down. He uses his frame to effectively shield defenders from the ball. He has big, soft hands. Adjusts well to the ball and does a great job of catching the ball over his shoulder. Can pluck on the run and makes many spectacular catches in traffic. Not afraid to go over the middle. Will secure the ball and hold onto it when taking the big hit. He is a tough runner after the catch and will drag smaller defenders for yards after initial contact. He's a huge weapon in the red zone. Wins most jump-ball situations. Will give a decent effort as a blocker and displays the size and strength to hold his blocks once locked on.

Bowe:
Strengths: Possesses outstanding size and adequate speed for a bigger receiver. He is a fluid and smooth athlete. Shows a high ceiling for development and continues to improve with more experience. He is learning to use his wide wingspan to his advantage as a route-runner. He has long arms and big hands. A potential weapon on jump-balls, fade routes, red zone, etc. His hands are extremely strong and he shows the ability to take the ball away from defenders in the air. He does a good job of catching the ball over his head. He possesses excellent body control and balance for a bigger receiver. He lacks ideal initial burst or acceleration after the catch, but he's a shifty and physical runner that will make the first defender miss and carry the second defender a few yards before going down. Gives a good effort as a blocker and should continue to improve in this area with better technique. Certainly big and strong enough to become an effective stalk blocker in the NFL.

Meachem:
Strengths: Possesses very good size and above average speed for a bigger receiver. His initial burst is impressive, and he shows consistent ability to drive defensive backs off the line of scrimmage. He possesses long arms and big hands. Knows how to use his body to shield defenders. Can pluck on the run, gets upfield extremely quickly for his size and also shows the ability to consistently make the first defender miss. He is a strong runner who will break attempted arm tackles versus smaller DBs in the open field.

So, if I were TT I would most definately trade down a couple of spots with these gentlemen still on the board, assuming Ginn is gone, and take the best of the three remaining

princefielder28
03-24-2007, 07:40 AM
Even with a trade down, I still think we can get a better WR then Meachem.

I would take Ginn, Jarrett or Bowe ahead of Meachem

Jarret:
Strengths: Possesses outstanding size. Is tall with a solid build and good overall strength. He is a fluid athlete for his size. Shows the ability to sink his hips and get in and out of breaks without gearing down. He uses his frame to effectively shield defenders from the ball. He has big, soft hands. Adjusts well to the ball and does a great job of catching the ball over his shoulder. Can pluck on the run and makes many spectacular catches in traffic. Not afraid to go over the middle. Will secure the ball and hold onto it when taking the big hit. He is a tough runner after the catch and will drag smaller defenders for yards after initial contact. He's a huge weapon in the red zone. Wins most jump-ball situations. Will give a decent effort as a blocker and displays the size and strength to hold his blocks once locked on.

Bowe:
Strengths: Possesses outstanding size and adequate speed for a bigger receiver. He is a fluid and smooth athlete. Shows a high ceiling for development and continues to improve with more experience. He is learning to use his wide wingspan to his advantage as a route-runner. He has long arms and big hands. A potential weapon on jump-balls, fade routes, red zone, etc. His hands are extremely strong and he shows the ability to take the ball away from defenders in the air. He does a good job of catching the ball over his head. He possesses excellent body control and balance for a bigger receiver. He lacks ideal initial burst or acceleration after the catch, but he's a shifty and physical runner that will make the first defender miss and carry the second defender a few yards before going down. Gives a good effort as a blocker and should continue to improve in this area with better technique. Certainly big and strong enough to become an effective stalk blocker in the NFL.

Meachem:
Strengths: Possesses very good size and above average speed for a bigger receiver. His initial burst is impressive, and he shows consistent ability to drive defensive backs off the line of scrimmage. He possesses long arms and big hands. Knows how to use his body to shield defenders. Can pluck on the run, gets upfield extremely quickly for his size and also shows the ability to consistently make the first defender miss. He is a strong runner who will break attempted arm tackles versus smaller DBs in the open field.

So, if I were TT I would most definately trade down a couple of spots with these gentlemen still on the board, assuming Ginn is gone, and take the best of the three remaining

I think Meachem is underrated and he'll be better than Ginn and Bowe due to his speed and football abilities but I don't know if he'll quite beat out Jarrett

cordscords
03-24-2007, 07:45 AM
I'm surprised the Meachem pick hasnt been flamed yet (perhaps not enough time has passed) so I think I should explain it before it does.

I think all of us Packer fans agree that our biggest team needs are RB, S, and TE.

I adressed the RB situation by signing Chris Brown. Some of you might not like picking up an oft injured back, but if it's only a 1 year deal to split carries with Morency I think they the Pack can establish a solid running game.

The TE situation is addressed with the trade involving Moss as we would also get Anderson. Anderson isnt all that special, but he can play to his strengths when needed on the field, leaving Franks and Lee to also stick to theirs. McArthy can figure out a way to rotate them to the best of their abilities.

The S situation is addressed with Eric Weddle. The S class this year is deep, so I opted to pass on Nelson and pick up Weddle in the next round.

So with the 3 biggest needs on our team adressed, where do we go in the first round? We dont seem to have any position battles going on, our starters are pretty much set. So our 1st round pick would either be for depth, preparing for the loss of a 2008 FA, or simply BPA. I dont think a first round pick should ever be used for depth, he needs to make an impact. We wouldnt have any key FA leaving with the extensions of Barnett and Williams. So I decided to draft Meachem, my BPA. Our team would have so much fun trying to sort out all of the fire power they have on offense.

M1Koter
03-24-2007, 08:24 AM
I would still perfer Nelson, Patrick and maybe Irons. They would make a bigger impact than Brown, Anderson, Weddle and Meachem

GadoR'Savior
03-24-2007, 03:48 PM
Meachem is underrated still I think, he may need a year like Javon did but the kid is a player. Bowe is a monster, i mean the guy is an absolute house and is physical. Very good receiver but i dont think he is the deep treat we need. Teddy is just wow, there are question marks but all you have to do is get the ball in his hands and he makes $h!+ happen.

Meachem= Javon Walker
Bowe= Anquan Bolden
Ginn Jr.= Steve Smith? He is the biggest treat in the Nfl i think but Teddy is lots faster (going just by playmaking ability)

Without Moss...............With Him
1)WR Meachem............SS R. Nelson (Ball-hawk)
2)SS Meriweather.........TE B. Patrick (Complete TE)
3)HB Pittman...............OLB J. Durant (Fast althletic animal)
4)TE Milner..................HB A. Bradshaw ( Next Warrick Dunn)
5)0LB Barnes................DT K. Jackson Jr. ( Hey his dad was a stud!!!)
6)WR Trannon..............WR M. Trannon (6'6 basketball player, freak athlete)
7) who knows...............who knows

I like the one with moss better the one thing i left out is we are prob goin to trade are third for him but we TT on draft day so i know he'll make a trade to get another 3rd somehow.

Chris Bown is not the answer, all he does is get hurt and screw over my fantasy teams!!!!

FLORIDA PACKER
03-24-2007, 04:01 PM
2. Approach Favre, Franks, Clifton, KGB, and Tauscher and ask them how they feel about pay cuts.

Why so we can have more unspent money? Maybe if we were in a bind and low on funds, but as of now were still 21 million OVER the cap. We don't need to tweak any contracts unless it would help to get Moss or another major player here.

princefielder28
03-24-2007, 04:03 PM
Why so we can have more unspent money? Maybe if we were in a bind and low on funds, but as of now were still 21 million OVER the cap. We don't need to tweak any contracts unless it would help to get Moss or another major player here.

Moss' contract would be restructure though so it wouldn't be such a cap hit.

cordscords
03-24-2007, 04:06 PM

Does it ever hurt to save money? I wouldnt go up to each of them and say "take a pay cut or your gone". I want all of those guys on the team. I'd simply approach them, tell them it would only be a small pay cut, it would help the team out greatly, and it's totally their choice.

FLORIDA PACKER
03-24-2007, 05:22 PM
I mean i think it would make sense if we were strapped for cash, but we are not at the moment, and NFL rules state that we have to spend at least 85% of the cap I believe. I just don't think this year while were still 21 mil over we need to, maybe in the not so distant future such as next season but this season i jsut don't really see the reason.

Im not attacking you or anything just to the clear that up lol, i def respect your opinion on the matter :)

neko4
03-24-2007, 05:38 PM

why not a bigger need like GREG OLSEN

roughrider30
03-24-2007, 05:42 PM
I think Meachem is underrated and he'll be better than Ginn and Bowe due to his speed and football abilities but I don't know if he'll quite beat out Jarrett

I agree i am also very high on Meachem, he seems like the kind of WR with his dimensions of good size and speed that Favre can utilize the most out of all the other top WRs in the draft. I would have him above Jarrett, Ginn, and Bowe.

PACKmanN
03-24-2007, 06:28 PM
If i was TT

1. Greg Olsen, TE, Miami
2. Sidney Rice ,WR, Soth Carolina
3. Tony Hunt, RB, Penn State
4. Rory Johnson, OLB, Ole Miss
5. Jessie Daniels, SS, LSU
6. Keith Jackson, DT, Arkansas
7. BPA for ethier OT or OG

Rookie FA-
Le'Ron McClain, FB, Alabama
Marcus Paschal, SS, Iwoa
Derek Stanley, WR/KR, Wisconsin-Whitewater

Contracts-
give Barnett his money
give Corey Williams his money

FA-
Tony Parrish, SS- one year deal to teach our players and for ST

Cuts/Trades- Ferguson, Barry, KGB, Manuel

Roster-

QB- Brett Favre, Aaron Rodgers, Ingle Martin
RB- Vernad Morency, Tony Hunt(R), Noah Herron- Hunt and Morency can carry the load aka 2 system back.
FB- Le'Ron McClain(R), Bradon Mirre
WR- 1. Donald Driver, 2. Gerg Jennings, 3. Sidney Rice(R), 4. Robinson, 5. Ruevell Martin
TE- Greg Olsen(R), Bubba Franks, Donald Lee
LT- Chad Clifton, 7th round pick
LG- Daryn Colledge, Junius Coston
C- Scott Wells, FA rookie pick up
RG- Jason Spitz, Tony Plamer
RT- Mark Tauscher, Tony Moll

DE- Cullen Jenkins, Jason Hunter
DT- Corey Williams, Keith Jackson(R),Johnny Jolly
DT- Ryan Pickett, Colins Cole
DE- Aaron Kampman, Mike Montgomery
OLB- AJ Hawk, Tracy White
MLB- Nick Barnett, Abudel Hodge
OLB- Brady Poppinga/ Rory Johnson(R)- Battle for the starting spot.
CB- 1. Al Harris, 2. Charles Woodson, 3. Will Blackmon, 4. Frank Walker, 5. Patrick Dendy
FS- Nick Collins, Marveil Underwood, Tyrone Culver
SS- Jessie Daniels(R), Tony Parrish, Marcus Paschal(R)

LS- Rob Davis
PR- Derek Stanley(R)- do u want Blackman to be the PR and 3rd CB come on.
KR- Robinson- if he can come back if not then Derek Stanley(R)
K- Dave Rayner
P- Joe Ryan

Im not sure about Manuel but what do u guys think? Daniels and Paschal can learn under Tony Parrish.

princefielder28
03-24-2007, 06:29 PM
I don't like Sidney Rice :(

PACKmanN
03-24-2007, 06:33 PM
I don't like Sidney Rice :(

he the only WR that has first round talent that has a chance to fall to us. I dont think he will but im hoping.

cordscords
03-24-2007, 07:13 PM
why not a bigger need like GREG OLSEN

Greg Olsen was off the board, gone to the Panthers.

NickCollins36
03-24-2007, 07:59 PM
Bubba Franks is the most over paid piece of meat on the packers

princefielder28
03-24-2007, 08:01 PM

I'd have to agree with you!

PACKmanN
03-24-2007, 09:05 PM
u mean KGB.

princefielder28
03-24-2007, 09:09 PM
u mean KGB.

Bubba makes more than KGB and KGB doesn't fumble the ball at the one yard line

JF4
03-24-2007, 10:42 PM
Bubba makes more than KGB and KGB doesn't fumble the ball at the one yard line

If he had the oppurtunity to, he probably would.

FLORIDA PACKER
03-25-2007, 12:15 AM
People honestly need to back off KGB, he hasn't produced like he has in the past but his Skills as a Pass Rusher go hand in hand with Kampmans season, KGB saw numerous double teams, take the Rams game for example, they lined up a Tightend to block him along with Premier Tackle Orlando Pace, leaving Kampman one on one. If KGB were to maintain his weight through out the season he could still be an everydown player, but as the way he plays right now, he's best used as a Pass Rush specialist. Players with his pass rush abillity dont come by very often, and if he ends up gone, i cannot wait to see all who wished him away to start pissing in moaning about our lack of a true pass rusher.

NAVY
03-25-2007, 02:03 AM
I think a top safety would have more of an impact then a top WR so I will always go with a S in the first round over a WR.

Whats with the pay cuts? Even if moss' deal isn't restructured the cap hit isn't that bad....the cap number for oakland is different then the cap hit we would take! We don't have to pay his bonus!

princefielder28
03-25-2007, 10:18 AM
I think a top safety would have more of an impact then a top WR so I will always go with a S in the first round over a WR.

Whats with the pay cuts? Even if moss' deal isn't restructured the cap hit isn't that bad....the cap number for oakland is different then the cap hit we would take! We don't have to pay his bonus!

9 million is a cap hit!

roughrider30
03-25-2007, 03:42 PM
9 million is a cap hit!

ya but its not like were strapped for cash by any means, im not saying that we should go out and spend it just because we have it, but that is a hit that we can afford to take.

princefielder28
03-25-2007, 04:05 PM
ya but its not like were strapped for cash by any means, im not saying that we should go out and spend it just because we have it, but that is a hit that we can afford to take.

I'd rather address WR in the draft and sign Barnett and Williams and see what happens next year in FA

PACKmanN
03-26-2007, 11:34 PM
I'd rather address WR in the draft and sign Barnett and Williams and see what happens next year in FA

thats what i did.

da-giez
03-28-2007, 12:29 PM
Yup i agree. I say trade the 16th and a player to Patriots for the 24th and 28th

Patriots (1400 pts)
Packers (1000 pts) so add a play who would be worth around 400. Heck trade Poppinga and draft Beason!! (They wont trade but Beason is a beast! I could dream)

Then trade are 2nd and a conditional pick 4 2008 4 Turner
Trade Barry 4 a 4th. Then trade 78th and this 4th to move up in the early 3rd.

Draft
1(24)WR Meachem
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gnsDAuifqD8
1(28)SS Griffin
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ynFNxQ3b5-U
2(Traded 4 Turner)
http://www.dailymotion.com/jcdavey/v...1idt5_turnburn
3 TE Ben Patrick
http://youtube.com/watch?v=PQ0hMSkR7pw
4 OLB Atwane Barnes
5 DT Keith Jackson Jr. (couldnt find any of him so got 1 of the old man!)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TrhHbUvaEic
6 WR Matt Trannon (all i could find was a good bball pass)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D7HcCiw3RTk

Oh and im not goin to lie im a sidney rice fan wouldnt mind him in the second if we dont take reciever in round 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F2nozLQhxd4&mode=related&search=
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dKOKY3S40fg&mode=related&search=
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IcwpbFbHimg&mode=related&search=

da-giez
03-28-2007, 12:36 PM
Man, Trannon is 6'6 235, was a basketball player at MSU, he's a great athlete. Think if you could get him to put on some more weight like 10-15 pounds (like David Martin did) He could play TE.....Antonio Gates type of threat?? What you guys think???

GadoR'Savior again

princefielder28
03-28-2007, 02:07 PM
Man, Trannon is 6'6 235, was a basketball player at MSU, he's a great athlete. Think if you could get him to put on some more weight like 10-15 pounds (like David Martin did) He could play TE.....Antonio Gates type of threat?? What you guys think???

GadoR'Savior again

Matt Trannon will be alot closer to David Martin than Antonio Gates if he lasts in the NFL