PDA

View Full Version : Any Chance Rams Trade Down?

tfry
04-21-2009, 03:05 PM
Stafford, Sanchez, Crabtree, Raji, Curry are all being looked at by several teams. Any chance a team trades up with the Rams for one of them? if so, what team and what player would that team be targeting?

princefielder28
04-21-2009, 03:10 PM
No team wants to pay the price in picks to move up when it's gonna cost a lot of dollars to sign the player. This draft doesn't really have elite talent at the top and teams who are sitting around ten can fell they are getting a better bargain.

Bezerk
04-21-2009, 03:11 PM
most analysts I've heard say trading up to the top 5 is too pricey. So I don't know if they will find any partners

Brent
04-21-2009, 03:18 PM
I would be shocked to see a team trade up with a team higher than the Packers or Niners.

Babylon
04-21-2009, 03:29 PM
most analysts I've heard say trading up to the top 5 is too pricey. So I don't know if they will find any partners

The price as far as value goes is negotiable. The contacts tend to vary a bit by position. I think the Rams probably take Aaron Curry but would probably more than be willing to trade down.

Yatta!
04-21-2009, 03:49 PM
I don't see why they'd want to trade down any more than any other team - Jason Smith looks to be an obvious pick for the Rams, I can't see them trading down when he'll likely be waiting for them.

Paranoidmoonduck
04-21-2009, 03:51 PM
With whom and why?

If any team is going to take significantly reduced price on trading out of the top 5, it's probably going to be Kansas City. And that would likely only be if some team really wants to move up for Mark Sanchez. None of the other players are likely to hold that much of a draw.

ChiefMojo
04-21-2009, 04:19 PM
Why would anyone trade with St. Louis when everyone knows the Chiefs and Scott Pioli is begging to get out of the #3 spot?

Matthew Jones
04-21-2009, 06:16 PM
Why would anyone trade with St. Louis when everyone knows the Chiefs and Scott Pioli is begging to get out of the #3 spot?

Agreed, any trade up will probably be either #3 or #5.