PDA

View Full Version : Sound The Horn

SimonRath
03-07-2007, 05:06 PM
we just signed Joe Horn

D-Rod
03-07-2007, 05:56 PM
we just signed Joe Horn

sweet - as long as the sums are reasonable. where was that announced?

SimonRath
03-07-2007, 05:59 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2791102

he should be good and hopefully Vick trusts him like he trusts Crumpler, and not the way he doesn't trust Jenkins and White

DraftMichaelHuff
03-07-2007, 06:08 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2791102

he should be good and hopefully Vick trusts him like he trusts Crumpler, and not the way he doesn't trust Jenkins and White

I think Vick completly trust Jenkins who has some great grabs and lots of TD's last year and dropped fewwer easier ones that White. I think also, if White starts this season like the Dallas game last year Vick will trust him in no time

SimonRath
03-07-2007, 06:13 PM
yea i hope so too.. I hope Roddy breaks out this year.. he should

Draft King
03-07-2007, 09:34 PM
Should be a great addition. A veteran mentor for our younger, talented players.

Shiver
03-09-2007, 01:43 PM
AP) - The teacher has arrived in Atlanta. Joe Horn joined the Falcons and said Thursday he has come to educate the team's receivers. Horn signed a four-year, $19 million contract with Atlanta.

This Joe Horn, a mature veteran in the twilight of an 11-year career, wants to show Michael Jenkins and Roddy White what it takes to become a Pro Bowl receiver.

Horn earned four invitations to the NFL's annual all-star game as a Saint, and he sees no reason why Jenkins, the 29th overall draft pick of 2004, and White, picked No. 27 in 2005, should set low expectations for their careers.

"I'm going to call them cats and talk to them," Horn said. "I want to get some words across to them and let them know where my heart is first. I want them to know - 'I'm not here to shine on you, man. I came here to help. I came here to be a part of something new, something that's going to take off to the next level.'"

The Falcons certainly need to lift up their passing game, the worst in the NFL last year. Horn plans to help quarterback Michael Vick settle down and make the most of his talent. Horn wants to smooth the transition of new Falcons coach Bobby Petrino, who promises to put the football in the hands of Atlanta playmakers Alge Crumpler, Warrick Dunn - and Horn.

Two months after turning 35 and suffering a groin injury that sidelined him for both playoff games and six overall during New Orleans' magical 2006 season, Horn promises the Falcons will not regret giving him $7.5 million in guaranteed bonuses.

"Mike is the leader of this football team," Horn said of Vick. "I know that, but I'm going to let him know that I'm here to help him. He's been here. He knows what it takes to win."

The Falcons lost six of eight to miss the playoffs in 2005. Last year, they blew a 5-2 start and finished 7-9. Vick, who seemed to take over games at will in 2002 and '04, lost confidence in the offense that former coordinator Greg Knapp failed to implement effectively.

"I'm going to bring some of my professionalism to Mike, and I know he will take it inside," Horn said. "I'm not going to push myself or make someone do things just because I'm here. No, I want to be a brother to these guys and when I say something I want them to say, 'You know, I trust Joe.'"

Man, this is going to be great.