PDA

View Full Version : Curry and REAL bargin at #1

RWills
04-22-2009, 08:58 AM
'Wake Forest LB Aaron Curry said Tuesday that he would be willing to take less money than last year's No. 1 pick Jake Long if the Lions selected him as the top pick in the draft.

Detroit wants to have a deal in place before the draft, so Curry's sentiment is sure to further endear him to the team's front office. Lions fans have already begun clamoring for the down-to-earth star who has invited a 12-year-old leukemia survivor to join him for draft festivities in New York.'

It is going to be REAL hard to pass on him

SRogers92
04-22-2009, 09:04 AM
Can't go wrong with this pick ...

Smith, Monroe, Stafford, or Curry ... I'll be happy with any of these guys ...

Matthew Jones
04-22-2009, 09:19 AM
Guys, just so you know, I'd be totally cool with $55 million.

BuddyCHRIST
04-22-2009, 09:31 AM
Which is why the draft needs a pay scale, this shouldn't effect who you take.

drowe
04-22-2009, 09:34 AM
i think the only way the top 10 REALLY gets shaken up is if the Lions don't take Stafford. So many teams claim to have Sanchez rated higher...but, i've always wondered if they were just saying that because they assumed Stafford wasn't an option. so, if Stafford really isn't the top pick, it'd be very interesting to see what teams like Seattle, Cleveland and Jacksonville do.

Sniper
04-22-2009, 09:36 AM
'Wake Forest LB Aaron Curry said Tuesday that he would be willing to take less money than last year's No. 1 pick Jake Long if the Lions selected him as the top pick in the draft.

Are you going to provide a link or just keep passing off info as your own? Just wondering.

Geo
04-22-2009, 09:42 AM
It's from Rotoworld:

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=NFL&id=5091

Sniper
04-22-2009, 09:46 AM
It's from Rotoworld:

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=NFL&id=5091

Thank you, kind sir.

stephenson86
04-22-2009, 11:25 AM
curry is a god, if he goes number 1 i will get his jersey as soon as its released

PossibleCabbage
04-22-2009, 11:27 AM

Would the entire NFL owe the Detroit Lions a favor if this happens? I seem to recall it usually working out that the #2 pick gets paid slightly less than the #1 pick, and the #3 pick gets paid slightly less than the #2 pick. Could the Detroit Lions be saving everybody money?

Addict
04-22-2009, 11:28 AM
that's great. I'm still cancelling my fandom if he's the pick.

Maddict
04-22-2009, 11:42 AM
smart. hes knows hes probably not going #1 unless he's 'cheap'. and being a cheap #1 pick still gets you alot more than the #3/4/5 pick

Scott Wright
04-22-2009, 11:45 AM
Good move for the Lions.

It's always a good idea to just take the guy who will give you the biggest discount.

I bet James Laurinaitis would give them a heck of a deal at #1! :)

Then people wonder how that franchise has been so bad for so long...

stephenson86
04-22-2009, 11:47 AM
lol i feel sorry for james, should of come out last year. cant believe hes been pegged to go to tennessee in some mocks :(

Addict
04-22-2009, 11:47 AM
Good move for the Lions.

It's always a good idea to just take the guy who will give you the biggest discount.

I say we take a long snapper 1st overall. We could get him for less than 10 million guaranteed and you just know he won't bust.

stephenson86
04-22-2009, 11:48 AM
or dont select let the clock run out and take your man a few spaces back

Babylon
04-22-2009, 12:31 PM
curry is a god, if he goes number 1 i will get his jersey as soon as its released

Not to be too negative here but when Detroit takes Curry they'll have two gods, him and Calvin Johnson. With two gods you would think they could win at least one game a year.

3pac
04-22-2009, 12:34 PM
Not to be too negative here but when Detroit takes Curry they'll have two gods, him and Calvin Johnson. With two gods you would think they could win at least one game a year.

QFT. I have a man crush on Calvin Johnson.

PossibleCabbage
04-22-2009, 12:35 PM
Good move for the Lions.

At the same time though, you have to give Curry credit. He obviously wants to be the #1 overall pick, and if it's worth it to potentially take a paycut to make it happen, more power to him.

It's a bit early to criticize the Lions here, they haven't taken Curry up on his offer yet.

Larry121283
04-22-2009, 12:35 PM
Good move for the Lions.

To be fair, it worked out for the Texans.

3pac
04-22-2009, 12:37 PM
At the same time though, you have to give Curry credit. He obviously wants to be the #1 overall pick, and if it's worth it to potentially take a paycut to make it happen, more power to him.

It's a bit early to criticize the Lions here, they haven't taken Curry up on his offer yet.

Technically, and here's part of the genius behind Curry's tactics, he personally would earn MORE. The Lions pay less for their #1 pick, but Curry makes more as the first selection than he would as a 3rd, 4th, etc. So it's a win-win for both sides.

Very, very clever.

Addict
04-22-2009, 12:38 PM
"Matthew, as you know one of your rivals for the #1 selection is willing to take a pay cut, what now?"

thanks, Curry.

senormysterioso
04-22-2009, 12:40 PM
Watch them sign him to a below market deal and he holds out in 3 years for a new contract forcing a trade to Dallas or New England

Babylon
04-22-2009, 12:42 PM
"Matthew, as you know one of your rivals for the #1 selection is willing to take a pay cut, what now?"

thanks, Curry.

What now would be he'd get pretty much top money going to Seattle or some other team in the top 5, ask Matt Ryan.

Addict
04-22-2009, 12:44 PM
What now would be he'd get pretty much top money going to Seattle or some other team in the top 5, ask Matt Ryan.

http://wwwimage.cbsnews.com/CBS_Production_News/933/368/48_dreamkiller1227_480x360.jpg