04-22-2009, 01:07 PM
Shut the **** up.

THANK YOU!!!!

Addict
04-22-2009, 01:08 PM
agreed. That guy is horrible.

Jango
04-22-2009, 01:08 PM
btw, i realise that I've spelt his name wrong but I'm just so filled up WITH RAGE towards him that I thought I would do him the injustice of spelling his name wrong.

Take that.

T-RICH49
04-22-2009, 01:09 PM
I was tempted to start a thread similair to this.+rep

Addict
04-22-2009, 01:11 PM
btw, i realise that I've spelt his name wrong but I'm just so filled up WITH RAGE towards him that I thought I would do him the injustice of spelling his name wrong.

Take that.

what did he say/write this time?

I remember almost throwing myself into an earth-shattering rage when I read his blog entry with the telling title "Vick could save the Lions".

Gay Ork Wang
04-22-2009, 01:14 PM
he is horrible but i like his love for OLinemen. The NFL top10 rookies had Clady at #8. WTF?

Jango
04-22-2009, 01:15 PM
This topic was really brought about by not anything in particular that he has said/written but just his demeanor, the way he acts as though he is an all-knowing footballing God who 'MUST HAVE THE TIME TO FINISH HIS POINT,' regardless of how ******* stupid it is and how, as a result, more sensible, coherent and intelligent people are given less time to share insightful comments on a particular topic.

Addict
04-22-2009, 01:16 PM
This topic was really brought about by not anything in particular that he has said/written but just his demeanor, the way he acts as though he is an all-knowing footballing God who 'MUST HAVE THE TIME TO FINISH HIS POINT,' regardless of how ******* stupid it is and how, as a result, more sensible, coherent and intelligent people are given less time to share insightful comments on a particular topic.

yeah he's a complete moron.

I gotta say though his dislike of the term 'skill players' is kinda funny.

Brodeur
04-22-2009, 01:16 PM
I still don't know who Jaime Dukes is.

Jango
04-22-2009, 01:18 PM
A misspelling of Jamie Dukes to show how little time I have for the guy.

Addict
04-22-2009, 01:18 PM
I still don't know who Jaime Dukes is.

he's that guy, from that show, you know?

Brodeur
04-22-2009, 01:20 PM
he's that guy, from that show, you know?

Not my job to know.

Addict
04-22-2009, 01:22 PM
something deep & meaningful.

if you edit the post to saying something else, I'll edit it too and we'll both pretend like this never happened.

NOLA
04-22-2009, 01:26 PM
The Falcons are the best team in the history of all teams for all times.

/jamiedukesoff

Brent
04-22-2009, 01:29 PM
Addict, how do you know what he's like? I didnt think they had NFLN in Europe...

Jango
04-22-2009, 01:31 PM
We do, in the UK at least. It's just a day late. We're having the draft live though, I think.

Addict
04-22-2009, 01:31 PM
Addict, how do you know what he's like? I didnt think they had NFLN in Europe...

they post vids on NFL.com, he's in some of them. Even that limited exposure left me homicidal.

wicket
04-22-2009, 01:32 PM

yep we can occasionally see in on espn europe, besides that the pre game show of nfln can often be viewed on (dubious legal-wise) webstreams

HawkEye30
04-22-2009, 01:32 PM
i have to agree dukes is probably the most annoying person on NFLN but another guy that annoys me is deon sanders, liked him as a player but he annoys me as an analyst

Addict
04-22-2009, 01:37 PM
i have to agree dukes is probably the most annoying person on NFLN but another guy that annoys me is deon sanders, liked him as a player but he annoys me as an analyst

I was kind of lukewarm on him, but that ended when he opened his mouth about Cutler. Boy was that hypocritical.

Nalej
Michael A. Smith = Jamie Dukes = Stop Talking

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES

IT'S TIME FOR PRIMETIME BABY!!!!

HawkEye30
04-22-2009, 01:40 PM
i know its a different network but the worst imo is chris mortensen, everytime he opens his mouth i just want to reach in the tv, slap him in the face and then tell him to shut the hell up lol

Handel
04-22-2009, 01:43 PM

Strangely, I like Deion Sanders.

Gay Ork Wang
04-22-2009, 01:49 PM
u dont take Deion Seriously. He is the fun guy that is their to losen the tension

terribletowel39
04-22-2009, 01:51 PM
Agreed, I like Deion. He never takes anything real serious and just cuts up. Adds comedy to the show. Especially when he and Rich are on it together.

Brent
04-22-2009, 01:53 PM
i know its a different network but the worst imo is chris mortensen, everytime he opens his mouth i just want to reach in the tv, slap him in the face and then tell him to shut the hell up lol
I hated Mortensen when I watched pregame shows.

Addict
04-22-2009, 01:56 PM
Agreed, I like Deion. He never takes anything real serious and just cuts up. Adds comedy to the show. Especially when he and Rich are on it together.

True, but sometimes they use him as something other than comic relief. I like Deion Sanders the way I like Urkel, he's ok, as long as I'm not expected to take anything he says remotely serious.

NOLA
04-22-2009, 02:07 PM
Michael A. Smith = Jamie Dukes = Stop Talking
If you mean this Michael Smith he's the best analyst on TV by FAR.

http://thestartingfive.files.wordpress.com/2007/10/emmyvkzrgn3uraseau7upb1t-u4lyx0300.jpg

The Dynasty
04-22-2009, 02:09 PM

http://thestartingfive.files.wordpress.com/2007/10/emmyvkzrgn3uraseau7upb1t-u4lyx0300.jpg

Idk if he meant him or Steven A Smith. Because Steven A Smith is very annoying. But yeah Jamie Dukes is very annoying.

NOLA
04-22-2009, 02:19 PM
Stephan A Smith DOES need to **** and GTFO of TV.

Whistler6
04-22-2009, 02:25 PM
The Vick will save the Lions blog entry was flat out stupid... Still he says and writes things (like Stephen A Smith and a few others) that get people talking. Even if 80% hate his point of view, they will view it / read it and then talk about it. In the end, that = ratings and money right?

terribletowel39
04-22-2009, 02:27 PM
The Vick will save the Lions blog entry was flat out stupid... Still he says and writes things (like Stephen A Smith and a few others) that get people talking. Even if 80% hate his point of view, they will view it / read it and then talk about it. In the end, that = ratings and money right?
I've never read anything he has written and I honestly do go to ESPN or Discovery Channel when HIS show comes on. He sucks that hard.

killxswitch
04-22-2009, 02:30 PM
Jamie Dukes = worst studio football analyst
Tony Kornheiser = worst football game analyst
Jason Fatlock er I mean Whitlock = worst football writer

Nalej
04-22-2009, 02:53 PM

NOoooo TYPO! You're right. Michael is great.
STEPHEN A. SMITH IS THE ************ I HATE!

Menardo75
04-22-2009, 02:54 PM
I like Deon on the NFL Gameday final that show is hilarious.

Nalej
04-22-2009, 02:55 PM

Not really. I watch the shows for everyone else BUT Dukes.
I never talk about what he mentions. I don't read any of his blogs.
I just put up with him when he's in something I want to watch.
Pretty much, I'm thinking about what the last guy talked about until
the next guy starts talking after Dukes.

I'd enjoy the show better without him.
I do enjoy everything else about it much greater then I dislike the portions with him in it.
therefore, I do continue to watch...

hagy34
04-22-2009, 02:55 PM
This is just a great thread. +rep

Paranoidmoonduck
04-22-2009, 02:58 PM
So long as Dukes doesn't try to go beyond what he knows well, he's not too terrible. Unfortunately, draft analysis seems to be well beyond his abilities.

Smokey Joe
04-22-2009, 03:03 PM
he is horrible but i like his love for OLinemen. The NFL top10 rookies had Clady at #8. WTF?
Agreed. They should only bring him in when they are talking about linemen. Overall, I don't dislike Dukes, but he does need to **** at times.

stephenson86
04-22-2009, 03:12 PM
jamie dukes can be seen on every english computer if u look at nfl.com videos, he is hilariously bad and he clearly does it to be provocative because he is bored

Staubach12
04-22-2009, 03:43 PM
I actually sent an email to NFLN about Dukes a few months ago:

Hello, I'm Jacob (not putting my last name on here). I'm a lifelong avid football fan. When I first ordered NFLN several years back I was so happy with it. NFLN goes deeper into the actual game than the competition. On ESPN, all I hear is big names. I want to see tape broken down and intelligent conversation about the game. That's what I got with NFLN.

However, lately, I've been watching less and less NFLN and I've become increasingly disappointed with the coverage. The root of my frustration is Jamie Dukes. In a way, I feel insulted as an intelligent football fan to have him on NFLN. Dukes' knowledge of the game is mediocre. Yes, he played. However, playing doesn't give you a scout's eye. His evaluation is lackluster at best and he often leaves me frustrated and desiring more in the evaluation of the game.

I know that you may feel that Dukes has a kind of charisma that makes up for his lack of ability as an evaluator. However, his personality becomes irritating the more I watch him. Dukes believes his opinion is better than anyone else's and attacks anyone with a different view. His ****-sure approach to evaluation which turns out to be sub-par in the first place frustrates me and has deteriorated my love for NFLN.

I think if you consider what your market is (serious football fans who know their stuff), I think that you'll realize that Dukes belongs somewhere else. I hope the coverage improves in the future and wish you the best.

Thank you for considering my opinion,

Jacob (again, not putting that here)

Addict
04-22-2009, 04:10 PM
I actually sent an email to NFLN about Dukes a few months ago:

Hello, I'm Jacob (not putting my last name on here). I'm a lifelong avid football fan. When I first ordered NFLN several years back I was so happy with it. NFLN goes deeper into the actual game than the competition. On ESPN, all I hear is big names. I want to see tape broken down and intelligent conversation about the game. That's what I got with NFLN.

However, lately, I've been watching less and less NFLN and I've become increasingly disappointed with the coverage. The root of my frustration is Jamie Dukes. In a way, I feel insulted as an intelligent football fan to have him on NFLN. Dukes' knowledge of the game is mediocre. Yes, he played. However, playing doesn't give you a scout's eye. His evaluation is lackluster at best and he often leaves me frustrated and desiring more in the evaluation of the game.

I know that you may feel that Dukes has a kind of charisma that makes up for his lack of ability as an evaluator. However, his personality becomes irritating the more I watch him. Dukes believes his opinion is better than anyone else's and attacks anyone with a different view. His ****-sure approach to evaluation which turns out to be sub-par in the first place frustrates me and has deteriorated my love for NFLN.

I think if you consider what your market is (serious football fans who know their stuff), I think that you'll realize that Dukes belongs somewhere else. I hope the coverage improves in the future and wish you the best.

Thank you for considering my opinion,

Jacob (again, not putting that here)

You should have done it GRF-style and replaced "jacob" with "Staubach12"

also: good letter.

Staubach12
04-22-2009, 04:14 PM
Haha I should have. Is that you GRF?

SimonRath
04-22-2009, 04:35 PM
i think the only reason they keep him around is to make their other people look smarter an to make them look in better shape

stephenson86
04-22-2009, 04:42 PM
http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/4634/uyfluh.jpg

Burns336
04-22-2009, 04:42 PM
Just about every analyst brought on to NFL Live is equal to or worse than Jamie Dukes...

Thank god NFLN hasn't gone the route of recruiting former 3rd stringers such as Matt Hassleback's brother to tell us what is good and what is bad.

Rod Woodson, Deion Sanders, Terrell Davis, Marshall Faulk, Jim Mora, Mike Lombardi, and Charley Casserly are all respectable and knowledgeable people who are great to listen to. I'm sure I forgot some of the others. Not to mention they always have good guest players.

Oh and Rich Eisen is 10X the host that the rabid dog known as Trey Wingo is.

NFLN FTW.

Edit: I'll also listen to Mike Mayock and Charles Davis form their own opinions of players and actually CRITICIZE people on a daily basis, not to mention talk about 3rd and 4th round players instead of listening to ESPN suck off the top 15 players in the draft over and over again.

SimonRath
04-22-2009, 04:46 PM
Rich Eisen is so dreamy

Addict
04-22-2009, 04:53 PM
I think you ment Tim Hasselbeck.

I like how NFLN keeps talking about the rookie cap.

Brown Leader
04-23-2009, 01:16 PM
Burns336Just about every analyst brought on to NFL Live is equal to or worse than Jamie Dukes...

agreed.

Paranoidmoonduck So long as Dukes doesn't try to go beyond what he knows well, he's not too terrible. Unfortunately, draft analysis seems to be well beyond his abilities.

Also agreed. Hate on big mouth Dukes all u want but the worst analyst on that show is Terrell Davis.

Burns336
04-23-2009, 01:38 PM
I think you ment Tim Hasselbeck.

I like how NFLN keeps talking about the rookie cap.

Yes, I did mean Tim. I will edit post to say Matt Hasselback's brother since tim doesn't deserve to be acknowledged.

OneToughGame
04-23-2009, 09:02 PM
I think NFLN needs more Sapp. I love Rich Eisen though. Especially during the combine. His 40 is always godly lol.

HawkEye30
04-23-2009, 10:17 PM
anybody else find it annoying as hell that NFLN plays the background music so dam loud, god i get so irritated i mute the friggin thing and put the words on haha

stephenson86
04-24-2009, 07:01 AM
lol dukes just gave the texans everette brown, anyone else find this amusing?

bigmac076
04-24-2009, 08:06 AM
Dukes is even more cocky than Deion, and thats saying ALOT. His mannerisims and they way hes always bounces around while talking is just unbearable. Its so bad its funny. I have to say Im not a big fan of Charles Davis either. He is just about the complete opposite of Dukes, but too plain and uninspired. But I have got to say the worst TV analyst by far is not Dukes, its MERRIL HODGE. Just hearing the name now makes me cringe.

bearsfan_51
04-24-2009, 08:10 AM
I actually like Jamie Dukes. I hope he haunts all of you in your dreams.

LookItsAlDavis
04-24-2009, 08:16 AM
Watching Sportscenter this morning, I can't help but think, "If I hear Trent Dilfer say nuances one more time, I'm going to set something on fire." I swear he has said it about 30,000 times since the Gonzalez trade.

Addict
04-24-2009, 08:59 AM
I actually like Jamie Dukes. I hope he haunts all of you in your dreams.

rest assured: he does.

leroyisgod
04-24-2009, 09:27 AM
Dukes is one of the worst analysts of all time. How in the hell does that guy have a job?

The Great Jonathan Vilma
04-24-2009, 09:37 AM
How the hell has this thread gone on for this long?!? I think you are all secretly in love with him....

Burns336
04-24-2009, 01:52 PM
Mark Schalereth is a ******* douche bag and a half.

I understand he was a decent player, unlike most of the guys on ESPN, but he thinks the words that come out of his mouth are godly and he suits are always wayyy overdone. He dresses like he's a pimp, and I don't mean that as a compliment.

SaintsFanForLife
04-24-2009, 03:47 PM
I hate Dukes and have stopped watching allot of NFLN due to him. I rather read about news on other sites.

marshallb
04-24-2009, 07:08 PM
I know this is slightly off topic, but does anyone know what the NFL Network's draft coverage team is?

AkiliSmith
04-24-2009, 07:35 PM
Does it bother anyone else that Charles Davis doesn't blink when he talks? I find myself challenging him to a staring contest and losing every time.

Addict
04-25-2009, 03:02 AM
Does it bother anyone else that Charles Davis doesn't blink when he talks? I find myself challenging him to a staring contest and losing every time.

lol, I noticed the same thing. He always beats me though, that dude is hardcore.

stephenson86
04-25-2009, 04:57 AM
lol, I noticed the same thing. He always beats me though, that dude is hardcore.

hes just a wierd wierd guy