PDA

View Full Version : It's only Chicken...

Vikes99ej
04-22-2009, 10:48 PM
This might be one of the funniest videos I've ever seen:

http://www.myfoxtwincities.com/dpp/news/Fracas_over_Popeyes_Fried_Chicken_Price_april_22_2 009

TitanHope
04-22-2009, 10:56 PM
Oh dear...

Love the "there was something 'fowl'" qwip by the reporter. Give that man a Peabody!

Brent
04-22-2009, 11:05 PM
that sucks, I can get that deal every day at a place here.

hobbes2053
04-22-2009, 11:05 PM
Jesus H. Christ. That was awesome.

diabsoule
04-23-2009, 12:10 AM
That's one of the funniest thing I've seen in a while.

tjsunstein
04-23-2009, 12:26 AM
So sad. But like they said most of them got chicken anyway. Good for business.

TitleTown088
04-23-2009, 12:37 AM
" that's fine, we'll go to KFC"

haha

tjsunstein
04-23-2009, 12:40 AM
I want some fried chicken now. . .

WMD
04-23-2009, 01:57 AM
" that's fine, we'll go to KFC"

haha

Yeah, I'm sure the Popeyes workers were so sad that they left..

Anyways, that video was painful to watch. People get real crazy over insignificant junk like fast food.

El Peefs?????
04-23-2009, 02:02 AM
What I want to know is, why were people driving in from all over the state to save 4 dollars on fast food chicken? I mean really.

These people they interviewed talking about driving in from so and so... congrats you paid more than 4 dollars in gas to go and try and save 4 dollars on low quality fried chicken.

I also think 90% of Minnesota's black population was gathered for this event.

Mr. Hero
04-23-2009, 02:18 AM
Isn't that what made it so hilarious?

El Peefs?????
04-23-2009, 02:21 AM
Isn't that what made it so hilarious?

Im honestly trying to find whats funny about it. To me its just rather pathetic.

Mr. Hero
04-23-2009, 02:23 AM
Im honestly trying to find whats funny about it. To me its just rather pathetic.

I expected more schadenfreude from you. I find the idea of people driving in from all over minnesota for cheaper fast food hilarious, pathetic sure, but that's why you need to laugh, it hides the tears...

El Peefs?????
04-23-2009, 02:25 AM
I expected more schadenfreude from you. I find the idea of people driving in from all over minnesota for cheaper fast food hilarious, pathetic sure, but that's why you need to laugh, it hides the tears...

If people are suffering that badly from their lack of 5 dollar chicken.... well I just don't know what to say. Maybe they should look into the whereabouts of one Dr Jack Kevorkian.

Mr. Hero
04-23-2009, 02:27 AM
If people are suffering that badly from their lack of 5 dollar chicken.... well I just don't know what to say. Maybe they should look into the whereabouts of one Dr Jack Kevorkian.

I feel that way about quite a lot of people :evil:

tEk
04-23-2009, 03:44 AM
What I want to know is, why were people driving in from all over the state to save 4 dollars on fast food chicken? I mean really.

These people they interviewed talking about driving in from so and so... congrats you paid more than 4 dollars in gas to go and try and save 4 dollars on low quality fried chicken.

I also think 90% of Minnesota's black population was gathered for this event.hahahahahahaha

WMD
04-23-2009, 03:51 AM
Definitely agree with Peefy here. It's more depressing than it is funny.

stephenson86
04-23-2009, 06:40 AM
mega lolage

CJSchneider
04-23-2009, 08:41 AM
Love that chicken from Popeye's

No B.S. Popeye's makes some great chicken and red beans and rice. Damn, now I'm hungry.

drowe
04-23-2009, 09:01 AM
Minnesota is a state full of idiots.

represented by only one senator for over 3 months with no end in sight...meh. not a big deal.

but, paying an extra $4 for low quality fried chicken is enough to gather the masses for a riot in the streets.

andyjo672
04-23-2009, 09:17 AM

represented by only one senator for over 3 months with no end in sight...meh. not a big deal.

but, paying an extra $4 for low quality fried chicken is enough to gather the masses for a riot in the streets.

And Minneapolis has the highest literacy rate for any metropolitan area in the nation. So, if Minneapolis is full of idiots, what does that say for everywhere else?

drowe
04-23-2009, 09:34 AM
And Minneapolis has the highest literacy rate for any metropolitan area in the nation. So, if Minneapolis is full of idiots, what does that say for everywhere else?

guess they weren't literate enough to read the sign on the door saying the fried chicken deal did not apply. :)

Brent
04-23-2009, 09:36 AM
It's sad that people made an effort to drive more than $4 worth of gas would take them, but at the same time, I laugh at these idiots because many of them still bought the food. Also, read a line from the story, "Customers said it's not the first time the franchise has refused to honor a nationally advertised special" hmm, maybe that was a foreshadowing sign. Hell, even that one lady in the car was like, "You didnt have that special last week, neither" so, again, you think it would change?

The Unseen
04-23-2009, 09:41 AM
must...not...make...racial...joke...

The_Dude
04-23-2009, 10:51 AM

That is the hilarious irony of this "story".

Best line in the story: "I haven't seen people this passionate about something in a very long time." HILARIOUS.

As for the nimrod saying that people in MN are idiots ~ this would happen in any metro area, regardless of the state.

The_Dude
04-23-2009, 10:53 AM

So, you are saying that following the law in regards to election disputes is idiotic, huh?

The fact that the election was so close is evidence that a lot of people in this state are dumb, though... i guess that i lose this arguement :(

TitleTown088
04-23-2009, 11:19 AM

Pretty much.

In Minnesnowta I think you have a few distinct categories of people.

Firstly, the snow mobile jacket-wearing small town cats. These are the guys who love to fish, hunt, and snowmobile. These guys LOVE the Twins and the Wild. They enjoy the Vikings but they also have a chip on their shoulder over insecurities about the Vikings shortcomings. These guys are usually pretty fun, ya betcha.

Next, are the bros. These guys also usually reside from smaller cities located near the cities. They wear hollister, tan during the winter, and lift weights.

Next, the wiggers. Like the bros, these guys come from small towns located near the cities. Because these guys come from a suburb located close to the twin cities they automatically qualify as " hard" ( we all know how hood minnyap is). To exemplify their hardness, they listen to rap such as Atmosphere, wear flat bills and wear icy white soldiers paid for by their parents credit cards. Probably the most unbearable.

Outdoorsy types. They wear outdoor gear( Duluth pack company), listen to bluegrass, and drink heavy beer. I enjoy the company of most of these guys.

Last but not least are the Yuppies. Located primarily uptown. They love to show you how much smarter and enlightened they are than you because they read a book while blazin some bowls.
Like most places there are a few normal scattered about.
That's basically how I see Minnesota. Aside from Northern Minnesota all the trees and the Twins, not much to like.

drowe
04-23-2009, 11:29 AM
So, you are saying that following the law in regards to election disputes is idiotic, huh?

The fact that the election was so close is evidence that a lot of people in this state are dumb, though... i guess that i lose this arguement :(

hmmmm...not QUITE the argument i was making. i was only making a tongue-in-cheek comment about how minnesotans seem to care more about fast food than they do about the fact that they still only have have one senator.

i never implied that a close election=dumb citizens.

i'm really starting to question the literacy stat from the previous page. :)

brat316
04-23-2009, 11:29 AM
guess they weren't literate enough to read the sign on the door saying the fried chicken deal did not apply. :)

this calls for

http://jamiedubs.com/fuckflickr/data/thumb/roflcopter.gif

nrk
04-23-2009, 11:52 AM

Just because someone can read doesn't mean they aren't an idiot.

jay cutler's #1 fan
04-23-2009, 11:58 AM
I'm surprised I didn't hear any whistle tips go through that drive thru...

andyjo672
04-23-2009, 12:08 PM
Pretty much.

In Minnesnowta I think you have a few distinct categories of people.

Firstly, the snow mobile jacket-wearing small town cats. These are the guys who love to fish, hunt, and snowmobile. These guys LOVE the Twins and the Wild. They enjoy the Vikings but they also have a chip on their shoulder over insecurities about the Vikings shortcomings. These guys are usually pretty fun, ya betcha.

Next, are the bros. These guys also usually reside from smaller cities located near the cities. They wear hollister, tan during the winter, and lift weights.

Next, the wiggers. Like the bros, these guys come from small towns located near the cities. Because these guys come from a suburb located close to the twin cities they automatically qualify as " hard" ( we all know how hood minnyap is). To exemplify their hardness, they listen to rap such as Atmosphere, wear flat bills and wear icy white soldiers paid for by their parents credit cards. Probably the most unbearable.

Outdoorsy types. They wear outdoor gear( Duluth pack company), listen to bluegrass, and drink heavy beer. I enjoy the company of most of these guys.

Last but not least are the Yuppies. Located primarily uptown. They love to show you how much smarter and enlightened they are than you because they read a book while blazin some bowls.
Like most places there are a few normal scattered about.
That's basically how I see Minnesota. Aside from Northern Minnesota all the trees and the Twins, not much to like.

Aren't you from Wisconsin?

Standard small town Wisconsin gear: Packers starter jacket that they've had since 8th grade, with a Brett Favre jersey below. Life revolves around deer hunting opener and Packer's training camp where they can take their kids to let the players ride their bikes in a sort of sick way to get closer to the Packers themselves.

Milwaukee: Legions of people that think they're from a "big city." Because there is a lake within distance, the residents seem to think its a great place to live, beautiful and clean. Everyone from outside of this "metropolis" knows, however, that its a cesspool and easily within the Top 5 places they'd never want to visit, live, or somehow be stranded in. As a business center though its got...a beer company or something.

Madison: You mentioned Uptown as an area where people go to be seen reading books and smoking bowls? Please, Madison has got Uptown blown away in that department. When you can traverse through the masses of students clad in birkenstocks and find yourself in the rest of the city that is outside of the campus you are again surrounded by the same redneck Brett Favre jersey toating crowd that you'd likely find in Minong.

LaCrosse/Eau Claire and the rest of the major "cities" in Wisconsin: Mainly inhabited by the same rednecks as twice mentioned above. With the exception of student populations that think because they have University of Wisconsin in their school's name, they're basically as intelligent as the hippies in Madison. However, once you meet such people, you begin to realize that they're actually just the small town locals' kids that weren't edjumacated enough by their local high schools to get into a real institution.

PS: If you actually knew the true origin of the word Yuppy you would know that they'd never be caught dead smoking a bowl. That's for the common folk, they'll stick with the nose candy.

The_Dude
04-23-2009, 12:08 PM
hmmmm...not QUITE the argument i was making. i was only making a tongue-in-cheek comment about how minnesotans seem to care more about fast food than they do about the fact that they still only have have one senator.

i never implied that a close election=dumb citizens.

i'm really starting to question the literacy stat from the previous page. :)

No, that was me making that arguement about the close election.

I agree that the people in the article/video who are more concerned about the cheap chicken than the senatorial race are idiots. I would also bet that those same people have never voted in any election.

Let's not make generalizations about all the people from the great state of Minnesota or the mediocre state of Wisconsin ;). Those losers mentioned in TT88's post exist all over the country... and yes, there are many, many losers in this country... unfortunately :(

jay cutler's #1 fan
04-23-2009, 12:35 PM
At least these people are standing up for something. How many of you actually get out from behind your computer screen and allow your voice to be heard? Not many I would bet.

Whether it's fried chicken or an election, I will always support people who have the cajones and motivation to voice their opinion. It may seem like a small or insignificant thing but once you start letting companies get away with stuff like this you're opening pandora's box. It's a big reason there is little corporate responsibility in today's world. People aren't willing to stand up because it isn't convenient. That said, it looks like a lot of these people ended up buying chicken anyway which plays right into their hands.

FlyingElvis
04-23-2009, 12:53 PM
Dear gawd . . . I'm not even sure what to say . . .

I'm pretty sure this one will have me chuckling a few more times today.

CJSchneider
04-23-2009, 12:56 PM
Dear gawd . . . I'm not even sure what to say . . .

I do...but I'd get in trouble.

Mr. Hero
04-23-2009, 04:31 PM
Let's not bag on minnesota too much, they have had the single greatest governor of the past 20 years.
http://img.wonkette.com/assets/resources/2008/05/jesseventura222-thumb.jpg

Dr. Gonzo
04-23-2009, 04:36 PM
Let's not bag on minnesota too much, they have had the single greatest governor of the past 20 years.

I love everything about Jesse The Body. He was a brilliant governor.

Mr. Hero
04-23-2009, 04:58 PM
I would become a US citizen just to vote Jesse for President.

WMD
04-23-2009, 05:11 PM
I know from experience.. people don't read signs! I came up with the idea to make one sign, and then a couple more signs that had an arrow pointing to the main sign.

Doubt it'd work though..

TitleTown088
04-23-2009, 05:53 PM
Aren't you from Wisconsin?

Standard small town Wisconsin gear: Packers starter jacket that they've had since 8th grade, with a Brett Favre jersey below. Life revolves around deer hunting opener and Packer's training camp where they can take their kids to let the players ride their bikes in a sort of sick way to get closer to the Packers themselves.

Milwaukee: Legions of people that think they're from a "big city." Because there is a lake within distance, the residents seem to think its a great place to live, beautiful and clean. Everyone from outside of this "metropolis" knows, however, that its a cesspool and easily within the Top 5 places they'd never want to visit, live, or somehow be stranded in. As a business center though its got...a beer company or something.

Madison: You mentioned Uptown as an area where people go to be seen reading books and smoking bowls? Please, Madison has got Uptown blown away in that department. When you can traverse through the masses of students clad in birkenstocks and find yourself in the rest of the city that is outside of the campus you are again surrounded by the same redneck Brett Favre jersey toating crowd that you'd likely find in Minong.

LaCrosse/Eau Claire and the rest of the major "cities" in Wisconsin: Mainly inhabited by the same rednecks as twice mentioned above. With the exception of student populations that think because they have University of Wisconsin in their school's name, they're basically as intelligent as the hippies in Madison. However, once you meet such people, you begin to realize that they're actually just the small town locals' kids that weren't edjumacated enough by their local high schools to get into a real institution.

PS: If you actually knew the true origin of the word Yuppy you would know that they'd never be caught dead smoking a bowl. That's for the common folk, they'll stick with the nose candy.

No I'm not from Wisconsin. I'm from SD ( we're a breed of our own as well) I wasn't really intending to insult Minnesotans, just make observations. After all, I do currently reside here.

Also, I know yuppies ( young urban professionals) hit the slopes, I think everyone knows that. I just didn't know what the heck else to call them.

Also, Gonzo, Ventura is a damn crazy MF . There's a reason he went off the grid and moved to Mexico.

Vikes99ej
04-23-2009, 05:57 PM
Minnesota sux, 'nuff said.

Mr. Hero
04-23-2009, 06:15 PM
Also, Gonzo, Ventura is a damn crazy MF . There's a reason he went off the grid and moved to Mexico.

Yeah, cause he's too awesome not to be someplace he can surf all day.

The_Dude
04-23-2009, 10:15 PM

Ugh, don't make me cry. :(

Boston
04-23-2009, 10:28 PM
At least these people are standing up for something. How many of you actually get out from behind your computer screen and allow your voice to be heard? Not many I would bet.

Whether it's fried chicken or an election, I will always support people who have the cajones and motivation to voice their opinion. It may seem like a small or insignificant thing but once you start letting companies get away with stuff like this you're opening pandora's box. It's a big reason there is little corporate responsibility in today's world. People aren't willing to stand up because it isn't convenient. That said, it looks like a lot of these people ended up buying chicken anyway which plays right into their hands.

Wow. This is just full of win.

andyjo672
04-24-2009, 06:24 AM
No I'm not from Wisconsin. I'm from SD ( we're a breed of our own as well) I wasn't really intending to insult Minnesotans, just make observations. After all, I do currently reside here.

Also, I know yuppies ( young urban professionals) hit the slopes, I think everyone knows that. I just didn't know what the heck else to call them.

Fair enough. And you're right, upon further inspection, every area of this country has its fill of d-bags and idiots.