PDA

View Full Version : Redskins+Jets+Seahawks Hypothetical

zdh87
04-23-2009, 01:50 PM
I was considering today how everyone could come out happy between those three teams:

Tell me if this is too crazy to happen:
-The Redskins love Sanchez, but have a QB already, Jason Campbell, and not enough picks to move up. If they somehow got Sanchez, they wouldn't get value for Campbell.
-The Jets love Sanchez, but would have to sell their draft to get that high; not to mention a DESPERATE need for QB.
-The Seahawks claim to want Sanchez, but have needs at tackle, WR, etc.

So...what if the Redskins traded Campbell to the Jets for a couple of picks including the 17th. Then, the Redskins armed with 2 first rounders, trade with Seattle, letting the Redskins get Sanchez. The Seahawks can take a OT at 13 if one falls or Beanie Wells, perhaps. Then at 17, get Josh Freeman.

It's pretty insane and incredibly unlikely, but that's what makes the Draft awesome.

derza222
04-23-2009, 01:52 PM
I see no way the Redskins get a first round pick, let alone a first round pick and other picks, for Jason Campbell. I could see the Jets dealing for him, but more likely trading 76 with an off chance of 52. But a first rounder and other picks? Way more than I think they're going to get if they do move him. Way more.

zdh87
04-23-2009, 01:54 PM
The other picks weren't really important to the scenario, but I think they might could get a first and give a later round pick back.

derza222
04-23-2009, 01:59 PM
The other picks weren't really important to the scenario, but I think they might could get a first and give a later round pick back.

I still think they get something in the ballpark of a third for him, so I mean they'd have to be getting 17 and giving back something in the 20's for that to work...

eaglesalltheway
04-23-2009, 02:05 PM
I think if the skins do move up to the range to get Sanchez, they will probably be giving up a future second or first. Dan Snyder isn't afraid to give away picks for people he likes.

Crickett
04-23-2009, 02:31 PM
-The Jets love Sanchez, but would have to sell their draft to get that high; not to mention a DESPERATE need for QB.
-The Seahawks claim to want Sanchez, but have needs at tackle, WR, etc.

So...what if the Redskins traded Campbell to the Jets for a couple of picks including the 17th. Then, the Redskins armed with 2 first rounders, trade with Seattle, letting the Redskins get Sanchez. The Seahawks can take a OT at 13 if one falls or Beanie Wells, perhaps. Then at 17, get Josh Freeman.

http://www.yodawgyo.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/yo-dawg-at-first-i-was-like.jpg

SeanTaylorRIP
04-23-2009, 04:56 PM
If Snyder were to ever give up future picks it would be this year. Think about it with a possible uncapped season next year, Snyder probably thinks that he doesn't even need the draft because he will offer max money to every single Free Agent he wants. Therefore he won't need next years picks. Whether or not players would actually come is one thing, but in his mind it all makes sense. And yeah btw I doubt there are more than 3 teams in this league who would give a 3rd rounder for Campbell. I still like the guy but the general consensus around the league isn't too favorable to Campbell.

Babylon
04-23-2009, 05:29 PM
The Buzz today in Seattle is the interest in Sanchez may be smokescreen to get someone to trade up. Denver and the Jets would probably make the most sense but not sure what the asking price would be. I'd take Denver's two #1s in a heartbeat.

Denver=Sanchez
Seattle=Oher and Cushing

derza222
04-23-2009, 05:32 PM
The Buzz today in Seattle is the interest in Sanchez may be smokescreen to get someone to trade up. Denver and the Jets would probably make the most sense but not sure what the asking price would be. I'd take Denver's two #1s in a heartbeat.

Denver=Sanchez
Seattle=Oher and Cushing

Don't think the Jets have nearly the ammo to get up to 4. They'd be giving up about as much for Sanchez as they would have had to give up for Cutler. Denver would make sense but all of there "we want defense" talk would have to be a pretty sick smokescreen. Really tough to figure out what's true and what isn't at this point, but it still seems like Sanchez is going to come off the board top 5 one way or another.

eaglesalltheway
04-23-2009, 08:54 PM
If Snyder were to ever give up future picks it would be this year. Think about it with a possible uncapped season next year, Snyder probably thinks that he doesn't even need the draft because he will offer max money to every single Free Agent he wants. Therefore he won't need next years picks. Whether or not players would actually come is one thing, but in his mind it all makes sense. And yeah btw I doubt there are more than 3 teams in this league who would give a 3rd rounder for Campbell. I still like the guy but the general consensus around the league isn't too favorable to Campbell.

This is part of the reason I think the Skins trade possibility includes future picks. Dan Snyder is a freaking psycho, haha.

Smokey Joe
04-23-2009, 08:56 PM
Think about it... if Campbell is worth a 1st round pick plus picks, that would make Kyle Orton worth 2 first round picks, as most teams valued Orton over Campbell.

zdh87
04-24-2009, 09:24 PM

One of the interesting parts of the uncapped year that is not being discussed, was brought up by Roger Goodell on "Mike and Mike" this morning. In order to sign a player during the uncapped year, you have to lose a player, if you were one of the last four remaining in the playoffs. Teams 5-8 have a much more complicated rule. The commissioner said that this was to prevent player movement. Also, rookies will not be able to become free agents until 2016 instead of 2014. Another important factor is 3 franchise tags instead of 1.

Link to full info on uncapped year:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d808736ba&template=with-video&confirm=true

HawkEye30
04-24-2009, 09:29 PM

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d80ff60e3&template=without-video-with-comments&confirm=true

Snyder said he will not give up his 2010 first round pick, but is it a smokescreen? lol

jth1331
04-24-2009, 10:31 PM
What? Campbell nets a 1st round pick? lol, not a chance that ever happens.
Skins couldn't even net a 2nd round pick for him when they were shopping him to try to get Cutler.
And the Broncos will NOT trade both their 1st round picks to move up to get Sanchez. They aren't that stupid.