PDA

View Full Version : 5 Questions

JoeyJr09
04-23-2009, 03:40 PM
Just before the draft. Figured we'd have some fun. Here are 5 questions for us Dolphin fans. Post your answers and discuss. My answers in red.

1.) Would you trade Ronnie Brown for a pick in the top 45? Yes
2.) What player do you think is in line for the biggest breakout next season? NT Joe Cohen
3.) Who (besides Ernest Wilford) would you most like to see gone from the roster? Greg Camarillo
4.) Predict next season's record. 7-9
5.) Predict this year's 1st round pick. Rey Maualuga

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
04-23-2009, 03:49 PM
Why would you want to trade Brown??? He is your best player.

JoeyJr09
04-23-2009, 03:55 PM
Why would you want to trade Brown??? He is your best player.

A RB coming off an ACL injury, about to hit 30 years of age and only crack 1,000 yards rushing once.

I've been waiting for him to breakout for years. At this point I think he is what he is and it's nothing that can't be replaced with a midround pick.

If we can get a high 2nd rounder for him while he still has good value, I'd rather do it and draft a guy in the 3rd round (Shonn Grenne? Rashad Jennings?) who could easily put up the same kind of numbers for a lesser price and at a younger age.

We are still a few years away from really being able to make a run at a Superbowl. By that time Ronnie will be shot. Might as well get value for him now and draft a younger replacement.

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
04-23-2009, 03:56 PM
Almost 30? I didn't know he was that old.

JoeyJr09
04-23-2009, 03:59 PM
Not to mention, we'd have to give him a huge contract pretty soon.

He isn't a workhorse type of back.

As much as I love Ronnie, he really is a dime a dozen. Kevin Smith, Matt Forte, Steve Slaton were all mid round picks last year that did as well if not better then him and have less wear more upside and better contract situations.

No reason to think we couldn't do the same with a coach that was able to get Marion Barber in round 4.

JoeyJr09
04-23-2009, 04:00 PM
Almost 30? I didn't know he was that old.

He's 28 this year. If we wait any longer to trade him, his value will be gone do to age. RBs hit the wall at age 30. He'll be slowing down big time right when we expect our team to be true contenders.

draftguru151
04-23-2009, 04:25 PM
1.) Would you trade Ronnie Brown for a pick in the top 45? Yes
2.) What player do you think is in line for the biggest breakout next season? Merling (bit obvious, but don't see too much to choose from)
3.) Who (besides Ernest Wilford) would you most like to see gone from the roster? Ricky (bit hard to choose but the #2 RB could definitely be upgraded)
4.) Predict next season's record. 8-8
5.) Predict this year's 1st round pick. Hakeem Nicks (tons of choices but I like Nicks the most :) )

Da-Phins
04-23-2009, 06:45 PM
1.) Would you trade Ronnie Brown for a pick in the top 45? No
2.) What player do you think is in line for the biggest breakout next season? WR Brandon London
3.) Who (besides Ernest Wilford) would you most like to see gone from the roster? Paul Soliai
4.) Predict next season's record. 8-8
5.) Predict this year's 1st round pick. Darius Butler