PDA

View Full Version : Tony G trade = Crabtree to the Chiefs?

akvikefan89
04-23-2009, 05:48 PM
I know next to nothing about the Chiefs, but the first thing that popped into my head when I saw the news was that an offensive-minded HC with 2 real receiving threats just traded 1 of them away 48 hours prior to the draft... are the Chiefs locking in on Crabtree? Cassel, Bowe, Crabtree... that'd be a pretty sweet young core for Haley's new offense in KC.

I am ignorant when it comes to the Chiefs though, so feel free to bash away if this notion is stupid...

RaiderNation
04-23-2009, 05:57 PM
I think the Cheifs have bigger holes to fill then draft Crabtree. They should go OT or LB

Shane P. Hallam
04-23-2009, 05:58 PM
I doubt it myself. Pioli's track record with offensive players is pretty poor. I think they stick with D and look for a gem later. Remember, Mark Bradley wasn't all that bad for them last year.

eazyb81
04-23-2009, 06:09 PM
It could happen, but it certainly won't happen just because KC traded Gonzo.

Look, KC was going to be awful next year with or without Gonzalez; it's not like they have to desperately figure out a way to replace his production for a long playoff run.

akvikefan89
04-23-2009, 06:12 PM
It could happen, but it certainly won't happen just because KC traded Gonzo.

No doubt it's not like they had to trade him and now feel forced to take a WR. My thinking was more along the lines of them trading him now because they're already planning on taking a WR prospect like Crabtree.

Babylon
04-23-2009, 06:13 PM
If they trade down a WR and an OLB would be my guess for their 1st two picks.

Castle
04-23-2009, 06:19 PM
Well, Haley did come from Arizona where they had 2 superb receivers. Right now in KC, his only real offensive threat is Bowe and LJ so I would think Crabtree should at least be considered for their pick.

keylime_5
04-23-2009, 06:22 PM
Sounds like they're gonna go with Curry if they can't strike a deal with Washington or whoever wants Sanchez in a trade up. Seattle could very well take Crabtree if they don't take Sanchez.

vidae
04-23-2009, 07:10 PM
I doubt we'd go Crabtree personally. We do have much bigger needs in OLB, ILB, OT and DE. Crabtree would be a luxury pick for someone (Pioli) who believes in building in the trenches and front seven of his defenses.

CC.SD
04-23-2009, 07:15 PM
Well, Haley did come from Arizona where they had 2 superb receivers. Right now in KC, his only real offensive threat is Bowe and LJ so I would think Crabtree should at least be considered for their pick.

This. My money is on Haley recreating Q and Fitz now that he has a good excuse (no targets for Cassel).

vidae
04-23-2009, 07:17 PM
Who would be the Q? Both Bowe and Crabtree seem like really similar types of WRs. They both remind me of Q and neither really look much like Fitzy imo.

art vandelay
04-23-2009, 07:19 PM
Who would be the Q? Both Bowe and Crabtree seem like really similar types of WRs. They both remind me of Q and neither really look much like Fitzy imo.

"Q and Fitz" = two elite WR's

Which is what Pioli could do with Bowe and Crabs...nothing to do with looks, lol.

T-RICH49
04-23-2009, 07:28 PM
as much as I want Curry I think there is a great chance Crabtree is the pick

parrish_lemar24DBSkins
04-23-2009, 07:45 PM
I hope Pioli listens to what the HC says he needs to be successful, and instead doesn't follow blindly some Patriot blueprint for building a successful franchise.

From what I recall, the Cards didn't really feature a TE in their passing offense, so maybe a 2nd for Gonzalez allows them to pick one of the 3-4 OLB/DE prospects later and grab Crabtree early.

I bet Crab is the pick Haley would make if it were up to him.

Splat
04-23-2009, 08:05 PM
I hope Pioli listens to what the HC says he needs to be successful, instead doesn't follow blindly some Patriot blueprint for building a successful franchise.

He helped make that blueprint and it works pretty dang good last time I checked.

Smokey Joe
04-23-2009, 08:32 PM
I've thought about this for a while, and I wouldn't be shocked. Right now, I think the Chiefs are between Tyson Jackson, Aaron Curry, Eugene Monroe, and Michael Crabtree. I think if they could trade down even 2-3 spots, Jackson would for sure be the pick.

I've been thinking... could the Browns trade Quinn, and then use one of their extra picks to trade up to 3 and secure Sanchez?

GhostDeini
04-23-2009, 08:46 PM
Bowe & Crabtree on same field ? Sick ! Forget about Aaron Curry, he is this years A.J. Hawk. Drafting 4-3 outside lb's that high is beyond ridiculous. How many times have you heard Hawk's name since Taggs called his name ? Exactly.

parrish_lemar24DBSkins
04-23-2009, 09:20 PM
Yeah, AJ Hawk isn't a bust, but he sure isn't a pro bowler yet either, and certainly not the type of LB who jumps off the screen with his superior level of play like he did at Ohio State.

Hawk's less than Superman arrival in the NFL is why teams are sleeping on Laurinaitis in the 1st round, because AJ Hawk was an even better LB in college than James was.

ruthlessrussian
04-23-2009, 09:26 PM
Hypothetically:

Crabs at 3 makes sense but the Chiefs do have more glaring holes that do need to be filled and they don't pick again for awhile.

So with that out of the way I ask this...

Do the Chiefs use their extra second next year to make any moves in this draft?

bergo23
04-23-2009, 10:01 PM
The stuff I hear about Crabtree make me think the new regime in KC wouldn't touch him with a 10 ft pole!!! Bowe already has some diva characteristics they don't like. Its gonna be fun!!! 48 hours.

Matthew Jones
04-23-2009, 10:17 PM
I really don't think Crabtree will be the pick. It wouldn't be a terrible one, I just highly doubt it happens.

gpngc
04-23-2009, 10:23 PM
Everyone keeps saying the Chiefs have "other holes" when they can't fill any of those "holes" at #3 anyway because no 3-4 fits are worth that pick and a RT isn't worth that money.

The best pick they can make is Crabtree and as a Seahawks fan I'm still afraid they're going to make that pick.

Flyboy
04-23-2009, 11:50 PM
This is the first thing I thought of when I saw Tony G. was traded..

hagy34
04-24-2009, 01:07 AM
I know nothing about KC either, but it sure would be fun to see them spread it out with Bowe and Crabtree. That would be one of the top young duos in the league for years to come.