PDA

View Full Version : Rams in love with Sanchez

ramsfan308
04-23-2009, 09:18 PM
The buzz in St. Louis is that the Rams might possibly take mark Sanchez with the second pick. Here are some quotes from our very knowledgeble sports columnist Bernie Miklasz...

"They have a man crush on Sanchez. I think they're trying to talk themselves into taking him."

"Trust me, the Rams are considering Sanchez. There's been some late momentum to take him."

Offensive tackle isn't such a guarantee. It makes a ton of sense to pick him, even if you want a tackle and then force a team to trade with you. However, I think the Rams want Sanchez as the new face of their franchise.

3pac
04-23-2009, 09:20 PM
I'm not saying I disagree with the idea of them taking him on paper, but the simple fact that they'd then have over 100 million dollars invested in the QB slot makes that seem a bit ridiculous.

OregonDucks
04-23-2009, 09:29 PM
I would do it if I were stl, but then again I hate bulger so its obvious as to why I would do that.

ramsfan308
04-23-2009, 09:29 PM
Yes, but he could be groomed for a year (to make up for him being a junior). Then next season, Bulger could be released which would actually save the team money. If he was traded or released this year, the cap hit would be enormous.

rockio42
04-23-2009, 09:31 PM
ugh, is this happens I don't know what I'll do...it just doesn't make sense but then again I don't like Sanchez too much and would rather have Curry if we don't take an OT

HawkEye30
04-23-2009, 09:33 PM
i was reading on sites that they would take him and then trade him for more draft picks, cant list the site so take it for what its worth

Texas Homer
04-23-2009, 09:36 PM
I'm not sure that I believe it.

PossumBoy9
04-23-2009, 09:48 PM
I'm not saying I disagree with the idea of them taking him on paper, but the simple fact that they'd then have over 100 million dollars invested in the QB slot makes that seem a bit ridiculous.

They won't have that much invested in guaranteed money.

WCH
04-23-2009, 09:54 PM
"They have a man crush on Sanchez. I think they're trying to talk themselves into taking him."

"Trust me, the Rams are considering Sanchez. There's been some late momentum to take him."

This is why the Rams have sucked over the past several seasons. If it took them this long to figure out that they like Sanchez, and they're trying to "talk themselves into taking him," then they probably shouldn't take him.

ramsfan308
04-23-2009, 10:12 PM
Well they know they like him, but need to talk themselves into gambling for an OT to be there at #35. And this is a new regime, it;s not really fair to connect them to the past failures in St. Louis.

Matthew Jones
04-23-2009, 10:16 PM
I sure hope they don't do this. I like Marc Bulger okay enough that I wouldn't spend that high of a pick on Sanchez with one offensive tackle (and a fairly mediocre one at that.)

holt_bruce81
04-23-2009, 10:41 PM
I'm not against the pick. As I said before, Bulger has struggled his last 2 seasons. Everyone can say "well get a decent O-Line protecting him" but what if the Rams draft Jason Smith or Eugene Monroe and Bulger still struggles? then your looking at another top 5 pick and a huge need at Quarterback. Rams can take Sanchez, have him sit for a year behind Bulger and if Bulger struggles Sanchez would be the starter for 2010, It's not like the Rams are going to be a winning team in 2009 anyways. If Bulger gets back to his old self hey great Sanchez would be a great trade piece. If you take a QB next year your talking 2011-2012 before the Rams are competitive again.

ramsfan308
04-23-2009, 10:45 PM
If Bulger has a good year, then he is the trade piece. If the Rams keep Sanchez throughout the next year, he will be the quarterback of the future.

Staubach12
04-23-2009, 10:56 PM
I wouldn't be surprised. With all the work he's been doing to prop up his stock lately, he was bound to rise. His agent needs some kind of award because I think if we were all to calm down and take a sober look at the tape, Sanchez is being overvalued, especially considering the fact that he only had 487 pass attempts in his career.

djp
04-23-2009, 11:11 PM
They're trying to generate interest for their pick. Every year you hear the same things. This is no different.

farfromforgotten
04-23-2009, 11:13 PM
I'm not against the pick. As I said before, Bulger has struggled his last 2 seasons. Everyone can say "well get a decent O-Line protecting him" but what if the Rams draft Jason Smith or Eugene Monroe and Bulger still struggles? then your looking at another top 5 pick and a huge need at Quarterback. Rams can take Sanchez, have him sit for a year behind Bulger and if Bulger struggles Sanchez would be the starter for 2010, It's not like the Rams are going to be a winning team in 2009 anyways. If Bulger gets back to his old self hey great Sanchez would be a great trade piece. If you take a QB next year your talking 2011-2012 before the Rams are competitive again.

I use a similar argument against those that say the Lions should select an OT #1 overall and not Stafford.

Congratulations, you still have Culpepper and nothing else at QB going into next season. That got your hopes up?

or

you select Stafford #1 this year and still find some OL help later on in the draft and even if he starts and struggles, he still has a year of NFL experience and you can draft more OL help next year if its still needed.

Why wait to draft a QB early next year? Thats just another year gone by and you still need a franchise QB. Is it more important for that QB to have a year advantage of NFL experience (starting or sitting) or that OT?

I say the QB...

PoopSandwich
04-23-2009, 11:17 PM
Bulger is getting up there in age and his past 2 seasons have not been too great... Granted his supporting cast needs some work, but I wouldn't be surprised if the Seahawks or Rams drafted Sanchez to groom behind one of their veteran QBs.

the decider13
04-23-2009, 11:24 PM
Every team in the top 5 wants sanchez's babies

farfromforgotten
04-23-2009, 11:25 PM
Bulger is getting up there in age and his past 2 seasons have not been too great... Granted his supporting cast needs some work, but I wouldn't be surprised if the Seahawks or Rams drafted Sanchez to groom behind one of their veteran QBs.

This brings up a pretty interesting point.

Will the Rams be worried that Sanchez could very well go to a division rival in the Seahawks? And that they passed on the chance to draft him?

I'm not sure what the Rams are up to at this point. Could be a smoke screen, could be real. They could really like Sanchez that much though. Guess we'll find out real soon.

RagingColt
04-23-2009, 11:26 PM
They're trying to generate interest for their pick. Every year you hear the same things. This is no different.

Agreed. They are just trying to drum up interest for a QB needy team to trade up for Sanchez which is quite stupid imho.

MenOfTroy
04-24-2009, 03:07 AM
smoke
screen

Addict
04-24-2009, 03:16 AM
rams in love with sanchez?

...gay.

D-Unit
04-24-2009, 03:22 AM
Rams are gonna take Curry if Detroit is stupid enough to pass.

Addict
04-24-2009, 03:23 AM
Rams are gonna take Curry if Detroit is stupid enough to pass.

yeah, because drafting a outside linebacker we'll have to project to middle linebacker #1 really is the smart thing to do.