PDA

View Full Version : Final Rankings

Scott Wright
04-23-2009, 10:47 PM

My Final Rankings are Now Live!!!

http://www.draftcountdown.com/sub/Rankings.php

Scott Wright
04-23-2009, 10:55 PM
F.Y.I.: The final tally has 367 players in the rankings and each has a scouting report!

JRTPlaya21
04-23-2009, 10:57 PM
Excellent work Scott!

billsfootball15
04-23-2009, 10:59 PM
very impressive, good job.

one q about a potential player for my team come saturday.

why do u only have Robert Ayers at 28. i know his stock has gone up like crazy this past month but 28 is relatively low for a guy who could go 11

Nalej
04-23-2009, 11:07 PM
Scott, what's your thoughts on Michael Mitchell (S) Ohio?
I've only seen a youtube video on him and seen his stats.
Seems like a decent player but he didn't make your final rankings.

Got anything on him?

art vandelay
04-23-2009, 11:14 PM
Aww you removed Ryan Durand from Syracuse and Chris Crane from Boston College! Was waiting for a scouting report for both.

Strongside
04-23-2009, 11:16 PM
F.Y.I.: The final tally has 367 players in the rankings and each has a scouting report!

That's beastly. GJ Scott

TitanHope
04-23-2009, 11:48 PM

Now, enjoy your offseason aka this weekend!!! :D

thebow305
04-24-2009, 12:10 AM
Good work Scott!

Your hate for Sean Smith continues to completely baffle me though. :confused:

Handel
04-24-2009, 12:13 AM
Great job Scott. Many thanks.

art vandelay
04-24-2009, 12:14 AM
Also, looks like you are drinking the Donald Washington Kool-Aid. I'm not feeling it.

jnew76
04-24-2009, 12:18 AM
Scott, I think these are the best rankings I have seen from you since I have been on the site. I like your slotting better this year than any year previous. Don't know if it is because you are getting better with age, or if I have learned so much from reading your scouting reports for the last 3 years. Either way I think you help prepare everyone here better for the draft every year and I thank you for that. +rep

Brent
04-24-2009, 12:58 AM
Scott, I'd love to shake your hand. I cannot begin to tell you how much I love this site.

hagy34
04-24-2009, 01:08 AM
Scott, nice work my friend. This place is awesome and the information you provide is second to none. Can't for draft day!

Scott Wright
04-24-2009, 01:21 AM
Just got the stars all updated too!

The big news is Aaron Curry lost a star. He is still my #2 overall prospect but I just couldn't justify giving him my coveted "Elite" grade when I don't see him being a superstar, DeMarcus Ware-type of player. Very, very good? Yes. Elite? No.

That means for the second year in a row only one prospect has received my top grade.

Congrats to Georgia's Matthew Stafford.

Flyboy
04-24-2009, 01:39 AM
Props as always to you, Scott.

Good to see Beasttree in your Top 5 overall.

wicket
04-24-2009, 01:55 AM
good job as always. IMO you have laurinaitis and vontae davis way to high but thats just a disagreement. Funny how david bruton actually has dropped in your rankings after the combine. Cant have anything to do with the combine cuz he dominated there. Prolly wont have anything to do with pre draft interviews either because he is a really good kid.

holt_bruce81
04-24-2009, 03:26 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TkZAasZ_5tY

It's a shame that guys not in your rankings :)

RWills
04-24-2009, 06:55 AM
I would also like to echo Mike Mitchell from Ohio

Sveen
04-24-2009, 07:00 AM
I'm sad to see Terrill Byrd go.. :(

MooshooGawd
04-24-2009, 07:38 AM
Jasper Brinkley moving on up!

marshallb
04-24-2009, 08:52 AM
Great job Scott, I have several disputes, but it looks very good. A couple of my questions are on the rise of Donald Washington and the fall of Trevor Canfield.

CaliPanthers420
04-24-2009, 12:57 PM
No offense, but your rankings have totally change throughout the whole season and look very similar to the ones that are hyped up in the media. As an example, Sanchez was like #12 and now he is #6 with all this talk about him in the media. What has changed in a few weeks that make you move him up, I just dont get it. If you see film on the guy, you should have a clear ranking for him. Rankings should not changed because of the media. Just my two cents and I know im gonna get a lot of crap for that but its the truth.

Just so you know, Ive had Sanchez as my #1 player since January where I rewatched a handful of his games. The guy is the real deal.

Scott Wright
04-24-2009, 01:00 PM
No offense, but your rankings have totally change throughout the whole season and look very similar to the ones that are hyped up in the media. As an example, Sanchez was like #12 and now he is #6 with all this talk about him in the media. What has changed in a few weeks that make you move him up, I just dont get it. If you see film on the guy, you should have a clear ranking for him. Rankings should not changed because of the media. Just my two cents and I know im gonna get a lot of crap for that but its the truth.

Just so you know, Ive had Sanchez as my #1 player since January where I rewatched a handful of his games. The guy is the real deal.

Mark Sanchez is where he has been for the last four months, my #2 quarterback. It's not like I changed my entire opinion on him and Stafford a week before the draft like some people...

In terms of the overall rankings, going from 12 to 6 is not that big of a deal. I think most people who do overall rankings will admit that a lot of times there isn't much separating certain groups of players and how you feel about them on any given day can make a 3-4 spot difference.

bored of education
04-24-2009, 01:02 PM
Mark Sanchez is where he has been for the last four months, my #2 quarterback. It's not like I changed my entire opinion on him and Stafford a week before the draft like some people...

In terms of the overall rankings, going from 12 to 6 is not that big of a deal. I think most people who do overall rankings will admit that a lot of times there isn't much separating certain groups of players and how you feel about them on any given day can make a 3-4 spot difference.

oh snap you edited it just in time! ;)

Scott's rankings don't reflect media hype that is one thing I have come to learn. Also if they did he would have Ayers as his number 1 overall prospect

AntoinCD
04-24-2009, 01:04 PM
What! No Robert Ayers in the top 5??? Have you not been keeping up with the experts lol. No but seriously is Andre Smith at 13 mainly on concerns of maturity etc or his actual ability, because I would have thought when it comes down to playing the game he would definitely be top 10

EDIT; BOE you wrecked my joke lol

CaliPanthers420
04-24-2009, 01:13 PM

Fair enough, good answer.

Scott Wright
04-24-2009, 01:24 PM
What! No Robert Ayers in the top 5??? Have you not been keeping up with the experts lol. No but seriously is Andre Smith at 13 mainly on concerns of maturity etc or his actual ability, because I would have thought when it comes down to playing the game he would definitely be top 10

On sheer talent Andre Smith would have been in the Top 10, but even without the character concerns I was never as high on him as some. Regardless he definitely would have been behind Jason Smith and Eugene Monroe. Maybe Michael Oher too...

AntoinCD
04-24-2009, 01:26 PM
On sheer talent Andre Smith would have been in the Top 10, but even without the character concerns I was never as high on him as some. Regardless he definitely would have been behind Jason Smith and Eugene Monroe. Maybe Michael Oher too...

I would definitely agree with Jason Smith being above him but Monroe worries me a little with his knees. He also doesn't seem to have the same nasty streak as either Smith which is a big thing for OTs to have

mshumaker
04-24-2009, 02:32 PM
Do you see Daniel Holtzclaw being a late round pick, or undrafted?

nobodyinparticular
04-24-2009, 02:57 PM
Scott, what's your thoughts on Michael Mitchell (S) Ohio?
I've only seen a youtube video on him and seen his stats.
Seems like a decent player but he didn't make your final rankings.

Got anything on him?

I would also like to echo Mike Mitchell from Ohio

Can I be the third vote on this?

princefielder28
04-24-2009, 06:46 PM
Great work once again leading up to the draft Scott!

ManOverboard
04-24-2009, 07:13 PM
Too lazy to write a Mike Teel or Kevin Brock report so you just left them out? LOL