PDA

View Full Version : Draft Day Nourishment

art vandelay
04-23-2009, 11:43 PM
I'm surprised there hasn't been a thread on this yet.

I'll probably go with a chicken wing pizza and a few Blue Moons. Frankly I'm glad that the draft is going to start late this year because it is supposed to be so nice out that I'll probably drink outside all day beforehand.

What is everyone else doing?

Crickett
04-23-2009, 11:54 PM
I'm strongly considering going to one of the Jets Dave & Busters draft day parties. So cheese steak sandwiches. And fries. And frazzled onions.

The Dynasty
04-23-2009, 11:56 PM
Going to my Dad's friends house and he is an excellent cook and he has this huge buffet thing going and we sit there and watch the draft and talk football. Always fun.

ratiffshabang
04-23-2009, 11:57 PM
as long as i have my tax return... i'm going with papa johns pizza (they are a special occasion pizza for me as its quite a drive to get it), home made chicken wings, nathan's hotdogs, and chips and dip... thats my plan for both days!

the decider13
04-24-2009, 12:00 AM
Blazin Buffalo Dorritos and Sprite

Matthew Jones
04-24-2009, 12:02 AM
I'm glad I don't eat much of anything. All the more room for liquor ;)

LonghornsLegend
04-24-2009, 12:05 AM
Always the same every year; Get some Friday's potato skins, Cheese Sticks, and Tostino's Pepporoni Bites so I can make my own appetizer platter early on...I'll munch on that earlier in the day for the most part..Then I get the large square Digiorno's(sp?) pepporoni pizza, that's usually the main course for the day once the beer starts to kick in.

Keep a bag of chips around, any kind of beer because I switch every year but probably Bud Light Lime this year, and the wings and other typical draft day foods are brought over by my friends.

That's been my meal for about 4 or 5 drafts now, haven't changed yet and don't plan on it :D I think I'll throw some Wingstop into the mix this year earlier though, but this start time at 4pm is screwing things up.

Draft Day food is a very sacrid event.

OneToughGame
04-24-2009, 12:05 AM
Whatever is in the house lol. Pay day is friday so I can go to the store in time at least.

trkaline
04-24-2009, 12:06 AM
Ummm some lettuce in a cigar tortilla...

Breaker
04-24-2009, 12:11 AM
I'm going to rub one out when I wake up, to celebrate the day that is called The NFL Draft.

Then I'll order pizza from dominoes(yes I saw that disgusting video, but I got a free one large topping pizza coupon and refuse to let it go to waste) and buy some drinks while sitting in front of my big screen TV with my laptop.

of course I'll wash my hands before eating.

Paul
04-24-2009, 12:18 AM
Debating between a meatball sub with some sides or getting $15 worth of stuff off the Wendy's value menu.

Nalej
04-24-2009, 12:20 AM
Debating between a meatball sub with some sides or getting $15 worth of stuff off the Wendy's value menu.

You gotta go with Wendy's!

the decider13
04-24-2009, 12:21 AM

Just get a bunch of spicy chicken sandwiches...problem solved

cdub11
04-24-2009, 12:23 AM
pizza & hot wings

ChosenOne
04-24-2009, 12:26 AM
I'm going to rub one out when I wake up, to celebrate the day that is called The NFL Draft.

Then I'll order pizza from dominoes(yes I saw that disgusting video, but I got a free one large topping pizza coupon and refuse to let it go to waste) and buy some drinks while sitting in front of my big screen TV with my laptop.

of course I'll wash my hands before eating.

LOL

Anyway,

I'll put on my 2009 Steelers Draft gear, order a pizza and sit down and watch the draft.

;-)

holt_bruce81
04-24-2009, 12:26 AM
Probably just eat some pizza, Drink some Mountain Dew and sit on my couch and watch it all day.

JRTPlaya21
04-24-2009, 12:31 AM
I'll hold off on any drinks until the Redskins make their pick. Wouldn't wanna throw it at the tv in disgust.

jnew76
04-24-2009, 12:32 AM
Great day for Carb Loading

http://www.businesspundit.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/zzbeer.jpg

bantx
04-24-2009, 12:32 AM
I was going to get wingstop and frys, but i decided to save money and just make my own wings like i did last year because i make some bomb ass wings. Chips n queso. Got a 24 pack of Dr. Pepper also and its only thursday -_-

LonghornsLegend
04-24-2009, 12:37 AM
Just get a bunch of spicy chicken sandwiches...problem solved

Hell Yea! Now that's what I call problem solving, that just made me hungry :(

Brent
04-24-2009, 12:48 AM
This has already been decided for me: 30 case of Keystone and about $30 worth of sushi for lunch. Dinner will undoubtedly be Freebird's or Layne's.

bantx
04-24-2009, 12:54 AM
Freebird, hmm I may have to get some freebird's too..

Brent
04-24-2009, 12:57 AM
Freebird, hmm I may have to get some freebird's too..
At the one here, there is a deal for the 3 tacos with chips/salsa for $6 and I get whatever is the combo every time. Before, it was a half-bird with chips/salsa, but admittedly I prefer the tacos.

hagy34
04-24-2009, 12:57 AM
Plenty of booze. I'm sure my buddies and I will order some pizzas and probably toss some wings on the grill during the 2nd round. What a great day.

bantx
04-24-2009, 01:01 AM
At the one here, there is a deal for the 3 tacos with chips/salsa for $6 and I get whatever is the combo every time. Before, it was a half-bird with chips/salsa, but admittedly I prefer the tacos.

I might be getting my chips n queso from FreeBird, cause theyre queso is amazing. But when im there i will be tempted to get me a burrito or nachos.

Don Vito
04-24-2009, 01:17 AM
Natty Light and Evan Williams, with whatever food comes my way. I will be at the Ole Miss/UGA baseball game until 4 so I should already be nice and sauced up by the time the draft starts.

ChiFan24
04-24-2009, 02:19 AM
KFC + Busch

holt_bruce81
04-24-2009, 02:52 AM
I'm debating on whether or not I want to wake up like an hour before the draft or wake up early and watch all the pre-draft shows.

3pac
04-24-2009, 02:58 AM
Pizza, wings, beers...AND it's my birthday.

What a great day.

Caddy
04-24-2009, 07:02 AM
I'm going food shopping tomorrow night!

drowe
04-24-2009, 09:30 AM
Having a Party. probably about 10 people will be at my house.

Gonna go shopping after work....

For snacks, i'll be keeping it simple. Chips and dip and chips and salsa. Mrs. drowe is making some pretty rockin' artichoke dip, and some of the guests will probably bring snacky foods too.

For meat, definitely gonna get at least 60% of the Klement's Sausage Race. Brats, Italians and Hot Dogs. might get some burgers too, but probably not, because then i'll need burger buns and cheese.

For Drinks....I'll get a case of Miller Lite for communal beer. But, most of my friends are beer nerds like me, so they'll probably all bring a 6 pack for the occasion. And I will do the same. Not sure what yet. something that will go well with grilled pork products...which is most beer. I've been in the mood for a good ESB and I saw Sierra Nevada made one. maybe I'll see if i can find that.

So, yeah, grocery shopping today. I'll wake up early and clean the house. I told people to come at 2:30 central time, and I'll probably fire up the grill at 2, so I won't have to be grilling while Mel Kiper is making the magic happen.

but, really...it's gonna be a great day.

stephenson86
04-24-2009, 09:30 AM
im having ben and jerrys half baked and doritos cool original

Bengals78
04-24-2009, 09:43 AM
Me and a few friends will probably get a case or two, order pizza and wings and most likely drink away our teams draft failures by the end of the night.
Good times, good times.

tylerb929
04-24-2009, 09:44 AM
Fire up the grill, drink a few cold ones.

On a similar subject, anyone have any good ideas for a draft drinking game? Last year we took a shot everytime there was a trade, and just drank beer at our own pace. I was thinking maybe you have to make a guess before each pick, and if your wrong you have to drink?

3pac
04-24-2009, 09:47 AM
Fire up the grill, drink a few cold ones.

On a similar subject, anyone have any good ideas for a draft drinking game? Last year we took a shot everytime there was a trade, and just drank beer at our own pace. I was thinking maybe you have to make a guess before each pick, and if your wrong you have to drink?

I'd go with the latter, but some bozo with no idea what he's talking about could end up piss drunk by the time his team picks.....

eaglesalltheway
04-24-2009, 09:53 AM
Lunch-Making burgers on the grill.

Dinner-Pizza

Snacks-Doritos

Beverages-Mountain Dew/Coke

Best day evar!!!

drowe
04-24-2009, 10:00 AM

couple different ways you can go with this.

i find the whole 'drink everytime something happens' games to be stressful.

1-pick a team or 2. take a shot of beer every minute they're on the clock. if they take the full 10, you could have a beer down in 10 minutes. more fun if you each pick multiple teams.

2-for shot taking, last year, i took bets with people. bet on what player is going to the team on the clock. winner picks a shot for the loser to take. if you're both wrong, it's either a wash, or ya both take one. you could also get cocky and bet one guy against the rest of the field.

lordquas
04-24-2009, 10:42 AM
blazin mad weed and watchin the ravens draft kenny britt

ThePudge
04-24-2009, 10:46 AM
Me and a few friends will probably get a case or two, order pizza and wings and most likely drink away our teams draft failures by the end of the night.
Good times, good times.

Better get more than a couple cases if you want to take the Bengals out of your head over the next two nights... From what I see/hear things really aren't shaping up their way

ex. Marvin Lewis likes Orakpo at 6, teams looking to trade ahead of us for Andre Smith, Eugene Monroe. Eric Wood and Alex Mack looking perhaps out of reach in the 2nd. We can only pray for a 1st Round OT, second round Center.

As for me, I don't exactly have a draft food tradition. I've been to the draft the past four years and I feel they were key developmental years for food tradition. My current one may be quite different than yours...

I eat jellybeans like a fiend during draft season. I started this when I was 13 and started making player rankings. I guess it happened like that because of the draft's proximity to Easter. Since then, family and friends know and send me a ******** of jellybeans around this time, so perhaps because of that alone, it stands. Typically when I'm doing my rankings/big boards I'm eating either Starburst jellybeans or Jelly Bellies.

Draft day I eat a big breakfast/lunch then have to take the 7 hour food break that is the draft at Radio City (maybe throw in a hot dog somewhere, but it's like 6$.) After , typically my friend and I grab a Pizza at Famous Ray's.. but this year it's a new friend, so maybe a new tradition, who knows.

Be sure to keep an eye out for a good-looking tall, skinny guy in a Bengals jersey (Palmer) with long hair and most likely a hat on and also a poor excuse for a Flyers playoff beard with a fat Eagles fan.... Obviously I'd be the Bengals fan in that equation

Pitt
04-24-2009, 10:48 AM
Going to my Dad's friends house and he is an excellent cook and he has this huge buffet thing going and we sit there and watch the draft and talk football. Always fun.

That's what it's all about right there.

CashmoneyDrew
04-24-2009, 10:59 AM
Hoping my best friend's dad isn't working so I can go to his place and get some of his grilled burgers and dogs. If he has to work, we're gonna watch it at my place and probably just get a bunch of wings and stuff like that.

Brothgar
04-24-2009, 11:03 AM
http://www.gearos.com/images/Megafries.jpg

Beans
04-24-2009, 11:09 AM
'nourishment' probably isnt the best term to use

anyway, ima be getting some buffalo chicken pizza this year, maybe some other stuff

bantx
04-24-2009, 11:22 AM
new plan thanks to brent, for lunch going to Freebird's to get a burrito and get my chips n queso, then later make my wings for dinner.