Primetime
Casserly

Lukewarm:
Wyche
Eisen

Despise:
Charles Davis
Jamie Dukes

There's a quick list, I'm a pretty easy guy to please, as long as you have some clue what your talking about and don't come off as a moron. Jamie Dukes and Davis have neither of those qualities. I think my favorite is Mayock, or Schefter, both are articulate and have a clue about things.

eaglesalltheway
04-24-2009, 08:15 AM
No ESPN guys? For the most part I agree with those guys, but I'd put Eisen in "Like" as well as Wyche, and put Prime in the Lukewarm. I too, am very easy to please.

bigmac076
04-24-2009, 08:16 AM
Like:
Mayock
Eisen
Wilcots
Faulk
Deion

Hate:
Dukes
Davis
That new guy on NFLN who was showing off his NFL Draft Press Pass last night
Merrill Hodge

BradysKnee
04-24-2009, 08:19 AM
Like:
Mayock
Eisen
Wilcots
Faulk
Deion

Hate:
Dukes
Davis
Merrill Hodge

Yes they both sucked ass. Merrrill Hodge is a doosh.

BradysKnee
04-24-2009, 08:20 AM
No ESPN guys? For the most part I agree with those guys, but I'd put Eisen in "Like" as well as Wyche, and put Prime in the Lukewarm. I too, am very easy to please.

I guess I kinda like Eisen too, sometimes I think the poor guy tries to hard though lol. Don't got a good enough feel for Wyche yet.

Splat
04-24-2009, 08:39 AM
ESPN's Michael Smith is really starting to come on as an Insider IMO I know you asked for analysts but some thing I have be thinking about.

As for Merrill Hodge it would not be so bad if he would stop talking about the Steelers for two seconds but he can't.

LookItsAlDavis
04-24-2009, 08:47 AM
I like Jaws when he's talking about young QBs. An anchor who is growing on me is Josh Elliot. Mayock is pretty legit too. I hate Charles Davis and McShay.

MooshooGawd
04-24-2009, 08:59 AM
Like:
Eisen
Wingo
Mooch
Mayock
Dilfer
Wilcots
Faulk
Schefter
Schlereth

Hate:
Hodge
Dukes
Wiley
Carter
Mort
Glazer
Berman
Clayton
Keyshawn

REALLY Hate:
Mcshay

falloutboy14
04-24-2009, 09:05 AM
Hate:

Are you talking about the guy with the gray greased-up combed-back hair and the New York accent? I mute the TV when he comes on. He's a complete jerk to whomever he talks with, and has a horrid attitude. I'd rather have TO as a co-worker then this guy.

For the most part I like most of the people on the air, aside from Dukes. The one pair that I don't like are Baldinger and Sterling Sharpe. During the season they have a show where they do film study for that week's match-ups, and it seems they spend more time complimenting each other then talking about the film.

Thunder&Lightning
04-24-2009, 09:20 AM
Like: Mayock, Kiper, Mcshay, Eisen
Dislike: Dukes, Charles Davis, HODGE

Brent
04-24-2009, 09:21 AM
Like: Michael Irvin, Steve Young, John Clayton
Dislike: [Insert any other person talking you want]

Also, when people are listing the hosts of shows (Rich Eisen, for example), they aren't analysts.

stephenson86
04-24-2009, 09:36 AM
eisen > everyone else

bigmac076
04-24-2009, 09:46 AM
Are you talking about the guy with the gray greased-up combed-back hair and the New York accent? I mute the TV when he comes on. He's a complete jerk to whomever he talks with, and has a horrid attitude. I'd rather have TO as a co-worker then this guy.

For the most part I like most of the people on the air, aside from Dukes. The one pair that I don't like are Baldinger and Sterling Sharpe. During the season they have a show where they do film study for that week's match-ups, and it seems they spend more time complimenting each other then talking about the film.
Exactly the guy Im talking about, who in the world is that guy?

BuddyCHRIST
04-24-2009, 09:54 AM
Did someone just say they hate John Clayton? Is it possible to hate John Clayton? Anyways I really hate Merril Hodge, he's an idiot, and I just have this image of him in my head of slapping women's asses off camera like in Anchorman or something, random image I know. Trent Dilfer is growing on me, except he gets a 10 inch woody everytime someone mentions Mark Sanchez.

lordquas
04-24-2009, 10:40 AM
i hate skip bayless more than anyone else on this earth

killxswitch
04-24-2009, 10:49 AM
Like: Mayock, Davis, Casserly, Eisen, Schefter, hot chicks on NFLN and ESPN, Jaws, Clayton, Michael Smith, Troy Aikman when he gets a chance, Dan Marino, sometimes Phil Simms, sometimes Collinsworth, Tom Jackson.

Dislike: Skip Brainless, Tony Kornheiser, Steven A. Smith, Jamie Dukes, Deon Sanders, Keyshawn Johnson, Chris Berman, Mel Kiper, Boomer Esiason.

Bengalsrocket
04-24-2009, 11:22 AM
I don't really dislike any analyst enough to put them in an overall category. I don't like Phil Simms or Skip Bayless when they get angry (at times it seems like they only get angry just for attention). But both can be entertaining and bring interesting, thought provoking discussion to the table -- when they're not ranting, of course.

Everyone on NFLnetwork (besides Eisen) gets a little over the top, especially in regards to the rumors / small stuff (it's a network 100% devoted to a sport that is only "active" for 20 of the 52 weeks in a year -- what are you going to do, right?) and of course that's a little annoying. But even so, I don't share the Charles Davis, Jamie Dukes or Deon Sanders hate.

Collinsworth seems to be my favorite analyst. He's not grumpy, he's fairly professional & he generally knows what he's talking about.

my least favorite analyst is probably Keshawn Johnson(if you can even call him an analyst). His lack of overall knowledge for the majority of the subjects he discusses is astounding.

AntoinCD
04-24-2009, 11:36 AM
I really dislike Tom Waddell from NFLN. When him and Jamie Dukes done that show last year it was painful to watch. I like Mayock Brian Billick and I like watching Deion but he talks nonsense

Byrd430
04-24-2009, 11:45 AM
I love Skip Bayless. Not because he is sensible, in fact, I disagree with most of the things he says. But he can make an argument out of anything. I think that's what they pay him for.

I also really like Todd McShay, even more so than Mel Kiper. I don't really dislike any analyst out there, as I have respect for all. I watched Hasselbeck and McShay debate on Mark Sanchez last night, and Hasselbeck certainly held his own, so I have a growing respect for him.

georgiafan
04-24-2009, 12:27 PM
Like:

Do you mean this guy Steve Wyche? He use to work for the atlanta paper and unlike many people there. I've never had anything agianst him.

http://www.mije.org/files/u426/mug_steve_wyche.jpg

bigmac076
04-24-2009, 12:29 PM
Do you mean this guy Steve Wyche? He use to work for the atlanta paper and unlike many people there. I've never had anything agianst him.

no not Wyche, the older guy with the his hair all slicked back who can barley put a sentence together.

Menardo75
04-24-2009, 12:57 PM
The guys I hate the most: Charles Davis, Todd McShay, Jamie Dukes, Skip Blayless

j05son
04-24-2009, 01:12 PM
I like: Mayock, Casserly, Kiper, M. Smith, McShay, Billick, Davis, Schefter, Wilcotts, Mooch,

Dislike: Dukes, Bayless, Hodge, Dilfer, Sanders, Berman, Clayton.

T-RICH49
04-24-2009, 01:28 PM
Like:

Eisen
Faulk
Mayok
Micheal Smith
Deion
Mooch
Casserly
Schefter
Billick
Dilfer

Dislike:

Mort
Boomer
Emmitt
Clayton
Bayless
Stephen "I love T.O" A. Smith
Jamie Dukes

Whistler6
04-24-2009, 01:52 PM
God almighty... I don't mind Trent Dilfer. But he has a massive chubby for Mark Sanchez. He will not stop worshipping the ground where this guy walks.

The Unseen
04-24-2009, 01:56 PM
Like:
Michael Smith
Deion Sanders
Ron Jaworski

Hate:
Skip Bayless

TitanHope
04-24-2009, 02:00 PM
Always like Michael A. Smith and Mark Schlereth. Not a big fan of Trent Dilfer or Tim "Repeat after you" Hassellbeck.

Flippityskip91
04-24-2009, 02:09 PM
I love Skip Bayless. Not because he is sensible, in fact, I disagree with most of the things he says. But he can make an argument out of anything. I think that's what they pay him for.

It certainly is. Half the time I just want to smack his face off, but I don't strongly dislike him or anything. I'm not sure that he really is giving his true opinion most of the time, just doing his best to make it an interesting argument.

Whistler6
04-24-2009, 02:27 PM
It certainly is. Half the time I just want to smack his face off, but I don't strongly dislike him or anything. I'm not sure that he really is giving his true opinion most of the time, just doing his best to make it an interesting argument.

I used to think Bayless was just a loud mouth, but he has some massive credentials. He has been around a long time, done a lot of really legit writing and reporting and so on.

Whether he comes across as incredibly arrogant or not, the guy knows his stuff.

tjsunstein
04-24-2009, 02:29 PM
I actually like McShay. I can't stand Merril Hodge, though.

tjsunstein
04-25-2009, 12:30 PM
To add on to this, I really don't like Jaworski. His voice and attitude just get under my skin but what he is saying is better than most these guys.

Splat
04-25-2009, 12:32 PM
Thought this was a good thread for this.

Schefter Resurfaces As Part Of Sprint’s Draft Coverage (http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/04/25/schefter-resurfaces-as-part-of-sprints-draft-coverage/)

yodabear
04-25-2009, 02:25 PM

He is the man scaring me saying the Rams have a plane ticket for Mark Sanchez.

Donno
04-25-2009, 09:22 PM
Todd McShay is a douche.

the decider13
04-25-2009, 10:58 PM
I was really starting to hate steve young...idc if he wants Cutler's babies, we don't want to hear about it anymore.

yodabear
04-25-2009, 11:50 PM
I was really starting to hate steve young...idc if he wants Cutler's babies, we don't want to hear about it anymore.

He was plain out AWFUL!!!! I was thinking he might tell everyone to take a QB by days end.

BuddyCHRIST
04-26-2009, 09:22 AM
I couldn't understand what Steve was talking about at the Draft, I think he had too much coffee or something because I would think he is trashing a pick and then be talking about how he likes it, I could never follow the point he was making. Also the incessant QB talk was a bit ridiculous, he's usually better than that.

Shiver
04-26-2009, 01:43 PM
Best quote of the day by a mile:

*after the Texans took Cushing*

Rich Eisen: Now the Texans have more Cushing ... for the pushing.."

I was literally ROTFL'n.

Tansey81
01-04-2010, 09:10 PM
Yes they both sucked ass. Merrrill Hodge is a doosh.

It's "douche" moron

BaLLiN
01-04-2010, 09:19 PM
Although Woody Paige is pretty weird and not a big football analyst, he's funny as heck sometimes, he's the only reason why i watch Around the Horn. Him and Mariotti are just plain funny

CC.SD
01-04-2010, 09:21 PM
It's me, I am the best analyst. I will kick Woody Paige's ass. Then I will hold up a stupid sign about how great I am and wave it around while other people are talking.

Go_Eagles77
01-04-2010, 09:32 PM
How can anyone hate Charles Davis? He seems like such a nice guy haha.

Whistler6
01-04-2010, 10:24 PM
I'm not sure why this bothered me so much, but Chris Collinsworth called Mark Sanchez, "The Old Rook" about 3 times last night... Completely ruined my listening experience.

What the hell does that even mean...Old rookie? Really?

01-04-2010, 10:26 PM
I'm not sure why this bothered me so much, but Chris Collinsworth called Mark Sanchez, "The Old Rook" about 3 times last night... Completely ruined my listening experience.

What the hell does that even mean...Old rookie? Really?

Possibly in reference to his poise and demeanor on the field. All you have to do is see how he interacts with his coaches and teammates to know.

Paul
01-04-2010, 10:27 PM
Jamie Dukes maybe the dumbest man on television.

PackerLegend
01-04-2010, 10:41 PM
- Tom Jackson
- Steve Young
- Chris Berman
- Mel Kiper
- Al Michaels

Hate
- Skip Bayless
- Trent Dilfer
- Matt Millen
- Chris Collinsworth
- Chris Carter
- Stephen A Smith
- Todd McShay

I give up for now.

CC.SD
01-04-2010, 10:41 PM
I still love Gruden.

TACKLE
01-04-2010, 11:03 PM
How can anyone hate Charles Davis? He seems like such a nice guy haha.

He's overly nice. I don't think I've ever heard him say something bad about anyone.

MetSox17
01-04-2010, 11:19 PM
I despise a lot of people on ESPN. But few make me wanna turn a screwdriver into my eardrum as much as Chris Berman does. Jaws is pretty up there also.

Raider_fan_Canada
01-04-2010, 11:54 PM
On top of my head;

some guys I like;

Rich Eisen (voice of the fan!)
Adam Shefter (well spoken, always accurate, respectfull)
Steve Mariucci (has a big heart, very good man)
Matt Millen (much better analyst then GM!)
Mike Mayock (his work around the draft is tremendous, you know he loves what he's doing)
Charlie Casserly (offers a great inside look every draft)
The MNF trio: John Gruden, Ron Jaworski and Mike Turrico (sp?)

I dont like;

Jason LaConfora (tries to steer the pot way too much for no good purpose, asks stupid questions such as:"Do you feel you re-established yourself as the franchise QB" to Brady Quinn after the Browns won with him comleting a grand total of 6 passes!!)

Trent Dilfer (takes too many shots at QBs that are much better he ever was, but not as lucky with the teams they are on)

Thunder&Lightning
01-05-2010, 12:05 AM
cant stand hodge

diesel
01-05-2010, 12:11 AM
On top of my head;

some guys I like;

Matt Millen (much better analyst then GM!)

I rank him under Dennis Miller. He is "turrble".

Vikes99ej
01-05-2010, 12:12 AM
For some reason I like Daryl Johnston. I just like the way he talks.

Shahin
01-05-2010, 12:18 AM
Collinsworth seems to be my favorite analyst. He's not grumpy, he's fairly professional & he generally knows what he's talking about.

i think i just threw up in my mouth.

Nobody brought up Jason la Canfora?

killxswitch
01-05-2010, 07:43 AM
Nobody brought up Jason la Canfora?

Look up about 4 posts.

Collinsworth is ok and often has good insights but I think he looks creepy. Like a vampire pedo.

Bengalsrocket
01-05-2010, 08:03 AM
i think i just threw up in my mouth.

I get why people think Collinsworth is annoying, but I guess I look at him differently. I like to believe that he's 100% self aware of what he does, and he's simply just not taking the job that serious.

General Zod
01-05-2010, 08:36 AM
Herm Edwards is great when he is on 1st and 10. He makes Bayless look like an idiot.

I love it.

prock
01-05-2010, 10:33 AM
first place - trent dilfer

Bengals78
01-05-2010, 10:40 AM
Jalen Rose on first and ten cracks me up sometimes. He talks so carefully and just goes right after Skip.
I also like Jon Ritchie on there.
I hate Boomer Esiason

T-RICH49
01-05-2010, 10:44 AM
I rank him under Dennis Miller. He is "turrble".

as a gm?absolutely.as an analyst?he's actually pretty good

killxswitch
01-05-2010, 10:45 AM
Herm Edwards is great when he is on 1st and 10. He makes Bayless look like an idiot.

I love it.

Bayless makes himself look like an idiot. He is seriously terrible. I doubt he even believes half the stuff he says, he just says it I guess to get a reaction. Which is pathetic, I'd rather have actual expertise than silly shouting.

Addict
01-05-2010, 11:22 AM
Jamie Dukes maybe the dumbest man on television.

I can't stand Dukes. I hate Sterling Sharpe too, because both of them have the annoying habit of constantly verbalizing their sentiments of agreement. Seriously, Brian "Fingerbang" Baldinger can be commenting on some tape or whatever and Sharpe is just going "ok" "uhuh" "oh yeah" "oooh" all the time. I've been on the edge of screaming at my computer scream, telling him to shut his mouth for TWO FREAKING SECONDS. But I realize that my computer screen is in fact NOT a way of communication with the guy on my screen and shut up.

tl;dr - Sterling Sharpe and Dukes are unable to shut their pie-holes.

Addict
01-06-2010, 05:13 AM
I just stubled across Merrill Hodge's site, check out his twitter entry:

http://twitstamp.com/merrilhoge/standard.png
dude can't spell.

zachsaints52
01-06-2010, 05:16 AM
Millen may be good but whenever I see him I see what he did to the Lions and I pray he doesn't pick the Saints because he might jinx them.

GhostDeini
01-06-2010, 05:22 AM
I love Schlereth. Meril Hodge has grown on me. Matter of fact, I like him alot now. Michael Smith is another guy I like.

prock
01-06-2010, 08:06 AM
I love Schlereth. Meril Hodge has grown on me. Matter of fact, I like him alot now. Michael Smith is another guy I like.

meril hodge sucks.

DoughBoy
01-06-2010, 10:08 AM
Jamie Dukes is an idiot. He was calling Chris Johnson soft because the Ravens took him out of the game by almost breaking his back in two.

fear the elf
01-06-2010, 10:38 AM

dude can't spell.

I hate Hoge too, but you may want to consider giving him a break on the spelling. I'm pretty sure he had to relearn to read.

nhlkdog411
01-06-2010, 04:00 PM
is it wierd that i freakin love shannon sharpe? haha

Babylon
01-06-2010, 04:04 PM
For some reason I like Daryl Johnston. I just like the way he talks.

I like Moose and Siragusa.

CashmoneyDrew
01-06-2010, 04:10 PM
Gus Johnson! Oh My!

Bengals78
01-06-2010, 04:42 PM

dude can't spell.

Mai name iz Murril and i playz de footballzzzzz.
All kidding aside he usually annoys me. I wont say he sucks at his job completely but I just find him annoying.

Go_Eagles77
01-06-2010, 04:51 PM
If I hear "factor back" one more time...

wonderbredd24
01-06-2010, 04:56 PM
I absolutely despise Mike Lombardi. I have no idea how he ever had a job in the NFL. If he's not giving Bill Belichick a giant mouth hug, he's getting every other team in the league wrong, especially Cleveland. The next thing he says about Cleveland that is correct will be the first.

Babylon
01-06-2010, 05:08 PM
I did like Charles Davis till he started sounding like he had money on Georgia Tech in the Orange Bowl.

wonderbredd24
01-06-2010, 05:11 PM
I did like Charles Davis till he started sounding like he had money on Georgia Tech in the Orange Bowl.

Charles Davis just seems like the nicest guy ever... to the point where he gives you diabetes

EvilNixon
01-06-2010, 05:13 PM

hahahahahahaha

EvilNixon
01-06-2010, 05:19 PM
Like:
Brian Billick
Jaws
Michael Irvin(He's so damn ignorant,yet so damn funny. He's a part of fond memories as a middle schooler watching him on Sunday NFL Countdown)
Adam Schefter(Great insider)
John Clayton(The Professor. Great insider)

Hate:
Tom Jackson(His Raider hate and constant mouth jobs to Boomer)
Keyshawn Johnson(Has no idea what he talks about,and really comes off as stupid)
Mike Ditka(Just hate to hear him talk

Bengals78
01-07-2010, 09:29 AM
Kordell Stewart.
He just tried to say Mike Zimmer might be a reason why we haven't won a lot down the stretch. I never liked him period but now I think he is terrible.

On the other hand, I like Lomas Brown.

kiranadwaney
01-07-2010, 11:34 AM
hate: the nfl network insiders they brought in to replace adam schefter dont really like terry bradshaw either

like: rod woodson because he has come on the bbc for the last two super bowls also like michael strahan on the fox half time show and brian baldinger

RockyMtn_Badger
01-07-2010, 12:10 PM
Like: Collinsworth, Lombardi (when hes not humming off The Hoody), Billick, Howie Long
Hate: Simms, Hodge, Jaws, Cris Carter

irishbucsfan
01-07-2010, 02:40 PM
How can you not like Eisen, OP? He should do sports stand up.

descendency
01-07-2010, 04:10 PM
Like: Matt Millen (he's a terrible GM, but he knows a lot about football and is a good analyst)
Herm Edwards is my favorite coach. I'd love to see him back in the NFL.
Jon Gruden is under-appreciated because everyone mutes MNF.

Hate: Troy Aikman (He consistently says the opposite of what is true. Joe Buck being beside him should help... but it doesn't. He still looks too stupid on TV.) Edit: Scratch that. All Former QBs on TV are idiots.

Raider_fan_Canada
01-08-2010, 09:39 PM
hate: the nfl network insiders they brought in to replace adam schefter dont really like terry bradshaw either

I second that statement!

From all of them Mike Lombardi is the finest. Steve Wyche, Jason Laconfora, you guys suck.

They consitently try to put a certain spin, assume stuff or make conclusions out of the little information they could find. I hate it! Your not a former player, coach, scout or personnel guy so quit going where you have no business to.

Jughead10
01-08-2010, 10:39 PM
Mai name iz Murril and i playz de footballzzzzz.
All kidding aside he usually annoys me. I wont say he sucks at his job completely but I just find him annoying.

In all fairness, Hodge had numerous concussions and basically died during a football game. I'd cut him some slack for a spelling mistake.