PDA

View Full Version : Everyone interested in Connor Barwin

Babylon
04-24-2009, 02:42 PM
New England, Cincy, Baltimore, Cleveland. Question is what sort of interest. Those teams picking early wont take him then and teams like the Pats and the Ravens might think they can hope he falls to them in the second. The guy is rumored to just about every team in the league.

bored of education
04-24-2009, 02:45 PM
New England, Cincy, Baltimore, Cleveland. Question is what sort of interest. Those teams picking early wont take him then and teams like the Pats and the Ravens might think they can hope he falls to them in the second. The guy is rumored to just about every team in the league.

Yeha He has versaility and great number. The fact the he performed very well after only playing DE for a short time only helps his stock. I have him in the 35-45 prospect range but could get drafted earlier.

Babylon
04-24-2009, 02:47 PM
Yeha He has versaility and great number. The fact the he performed very well after only playing DE for a short time only helps his stock. I have him in the 35-45 prospect range but could get drafted earlier.

KC is interested (allegedly) but would have to trade back into the high 2nd or late 1st. I actually think 3 years at TE is a huge plus that sort of goes unnoticed with this guy.

AntoinCD
04-24-2009, 02:48 PM
I see him going between 23 and 43 at the very latest. As a prospect I wouldn't have him quite as high but his potential is through the roof. If the Patriots don't take Orakpo(trade), Brown, Maybin or English in the first I would love him at 34

04-24-2009, 02:50 PM
King has him going to the Jets at #17 in his latest mock.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/writers/peter_king/04/24/mock/index.html?eref=T1

Nalej
04-24-2009, 02:58 PM
King has him going to the Jets at #17 in his latest mock.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/writers/peter_king/04/24/mock/index.html?eref=T1

The Pats are looking to trade up to snatch Rey M (ILB)
and the Pats went with a luxery pick over him in his mock.
So basically... that mock sucks.

I don't see Barwin selected in the 1st.
He'll be gone early 2nd round though.

ThePudge
04-24-2009, 03:12 PM
He'd be a great fit for our hybrid SLB/DE that we have attempted to install in the past. A two down Strongside Linebacker, kicking down to Defensive End on passing downs. David Pollack was supposed to play this role for the Bengals, Rashad Jeanty was tried a bit, Eric Henderson started assuming the role in practice, all mostly unsuccessful. Barwin is a great fit there and would provide a solid value at 38th Overall.

Babylon
04-24-2009, 03:27 PM
He'd be a great fit for our hybrid SLB/DE that we have attempted to install in the past. A two down Strongside Linebacker, kicking down to Defensive End on passing downs. David Pollack was supposed to play this role for the Bengals, Rashad Jeanty was tried a bit, Eric Henderson started assuming the role in practice, all mostly unsuccessful. Barwin is a great fit there and would provide a solid value at 38th Overall.

You'd have to think he'd play well in Cincy and could occasionally play some TE too.

ThePudge
04-24-2009, 03:33 PM
You'd have to think he'd play well in Cincy and could occasionally play some TE too.

They could bring him on in goalline sets as an extra TE. Perhaps a rich man's Mike Vrabel in that department. He's definitely a guy you can throw around a bit and try wherever you please. Vrabel has been a common comparison, but athletically, versatility, and size wise he reminds me a bit of Adalius Thomas. I'm not saying he's either of these players, but Barwin has plenty of athletic ability and could be asked to do a number of things at the pro level. A high bust factor of course.

Brent
04-24-2009, 04:01 PM
If he fell to the Niners in round two, I'd be rather happy about that. For only playing DE one year, he sure looks a hell of a lot better than that, and you have to love that athleticism.