PDA

View Full Version : Madden 2010 Official Cover Released - Picture Inside

Mr. Goosemahn
04-24-2009, 04:57 PM
The Madden 2010 Official Cover has been released, and the athletes are Pittsburgh Steelers' strong safety Troy Polamalu, and Arizona Cardinals' wide receiver Larry Fitzgerald. I think the design of the cover is great.

Oh, and the game is called Madden 10.

Enjoy.

http://i42.tinypic.com/2m85n2r.jpg

Nalej
04-24-2009, 04:58 PM
So the Cards are going to trade Q while Fitz goes on the DL.
That rookie last year better be ready to step up even more.

3pac
04-24-2009, 05:05 PM
total rip off of the street fighter 4 cover. black white yellow and red color scheme, black and white on left staring down red and yellow on left, looks like it was painted on, etc...

such a rip off.. BUT I LIKE IT

http://www.cuttingedgeguy.com/store/catalog/images/streetfighter4_xbox360_cover.jpg

bored of education
04-24-2009, 05:05 PM
Locks of Love <3

So sexy!

TitanHope
04-24-2009, 05:07 PM
Do the Cards and Steelers play this season? Cause it'd be ironic if both players got hurt at the same time or something...

regoob2
04-24-2009, 05:07 PM
So the Cards are going to trade Q while Fitz goes on the DL.
That rookie last year better be ready to step up even more.
This aint baseball. :p

Mr. Goosemahn
04-24-2009, 05:09 PM
Do the Cards and Steelers play this season? Cause it'd be ironic if both players got hurt at the same time or something...

They play in the preseason only.

Prowler
04-24-2009, 05:11 PM
the only thing about that cover is that troy is looking to blast fitz, while fitz is looking for the quickest opportunity to run out of bounds

Nalej
04-24-2009, 05:12 PM

haha... that would be EPIC!
Maybe in the Preseason

BmoreBlackByrdz
04-24-2009, 05:12 PM
LOL, I just got back from GameCrazy where I was reserving my copy. That looks AMAZING. EA Sports did a great job.

fenikz
04-24-2009, 05:17 PM
Amazing design, about time Madden finally did something different with the cover, poor Poly is going to get hurt his year

not fitz though, he is invincible

DeathbyStat
04-24-2009, 05:21 PM
Double the pleasure double the curse

TitanHope
04-24-2009, 05:33 PM
I think it's really cool that they have the Super Bowl football on the cover with the two signature players from both teams in the most recent SB.

etk
04-24-2009, 05:39 PM
Awesome cover. Simple but creative.

Addict
04-24-2009, 05:49 PM
nice cover.

game's gonna be crap (again).

BradysKnee
04-24-2009, 05:55 PM
Game has been crap last few years, hopefully backbreaker makes them shape up.

ChezPower4
04-24-2009, 06:01 PM
nice cover.

game's gonna be crap (again).

It's really going in the tank now that the big man has called it quits.

SaintsFanForLife
04-24-2009, 06:02 PM
Like the cover and even though the game is crap I will buy it.

Addict
04-24-2009, 06:07 PM
besides obviously not being as awesome as it could be, Madden is going to be confusing as hell from this point. Madden 10? Madden 2010 or the 10th game? Just seems stupid to me. Just name the damn game 2010 and avoid all and any confusion.

CC.SD
04-24-2009, 06:13 PM
Best Madden cover ever, I like it a lot.

I've skipped the last few Maddens, ever since I got a 360. Maybe it's time to pick up the update.

Sigh, 06 rocked, I had an epic Saints dynasty 20 years in the future, but it was sadly erased by a roommate tripping over a cord mid-save.

LonghornsLegend
04-24-2009, 06:14 PM
I guess we'll just have to get used to it, hell for all we know they may stop calling it Madden here pretty soon anyway...I like the cover, I still think Fitz is going to beast next year, but either way I'll just send out trade offers for him in all my fantasy leagues if people are that concerned :D

PACKmanN
04-24-2009, 06:33 PM
wow, the old cover was so much better. This one is just too messy and has no meaning since Troy was terrible in the Superbowl, if that was the idea behind the cover.

OLD COVER FTW!

edit: is it me, or did the person who designed this make a terrible attempt at cutting Troy's hair?

mqtirishfan
04-24-2009, 06:36 PM
I'm very optimistic about Madden this year. The producers have been very open with the gaming community and seem to have paid a lot of attention to suggestions.

mqtirishfan
04-24-2009, 06:41 PM
wow, the old cover was so much better. This one is just too messy and has no meaning since Troy was terrible in the Superbowl, if that was the idea behind the cover.

The theme behind the cover is "fight for every yard."

Addict
04-24-2009, 06:41 PM
I'm very optimistic about Madden this year. The producers have been very open with the gaming community and seem to have paid a lot of attention to suggestions.

like when they made the big jump to the next gen? Or when they paid special attention to the running game?

Face it, madden will never be what it can be.

mqtirishfan
04-24-2009, 06:42 PM
like when they made the big jump to the next gen? Or when they paid special attention to the running game?

Face it, madden will never be what it can be.

They certainly were not this open with the community in those years. Have you bothered to read the developer blog?

Saints-Tigers
04-24-2009, 06:45 PM
The only reason I have ANY hope this year for Madden is the fact that Josh Looman, the head developer of head coach this year, will be heading the franchise mode. HC was a masterpiece.

Anyway, does this mean both guys get cursed, or do they both get half a curse?

fenikz
04-24-2009, 07:05 PM
maybe the double cover breaks the curse

AJHawk50
04-24-2009, 11:49 PM
Awesome looking cover, better than just the plain ol' front.

jsa230
04-25-2009, 12:45 AM
I like the idea of having the superowl opponents. But, in all honesty, i really don't like it.

LonghornsLegend
04-25-2009, 02:17 AM
The only reason I have ANY hope this year for Madden is the fact that Josh Looman, the head developer of head coach this year, will be heading the franchise mode. HC was a masterpiece.

That's some interesting stuff, good to know...Whether or not you liked HC, if they could incorporate more of that format into Madden it would made the franchise mode 10x better.

Flyboy
04-25-2009, 02:21 AM
*yawns*

*goes off to play ESPN NFL 2K5*

Addict
04-25-2009, 02:22 AM
All I know is I bought 09, massive dissapointment. I'm waiting to see gameplay, graphics, and at least 10 reviews before I even consider buying it.

etk
04-25-2009, 08:15 AM
I bought 09 and I liked it but I never play it. I don't like sports games anymore because I'm one of those "it's not realistic" people.

Gay Ork Wang
04-25-2009, 08:17 AM
**** Madden for not making Madden 2010 for pc

etk
04-25-2009, 08:19 AM
Get a real ******* console and stop whining!

Even if you're dirt poor you can afford a PS2.

D-Rod
04-25-2009, 09:22 AM
anyone think it's a little odd how they are gazing into each other's eyes... very tender.

Gay Ork Wang
04-25-2009, 11:29 AM

why would i buy a whole new console though just for 1 game.

Damix
04-25-2009, 11:43 AM

PC > Console.

Thanks for playing.

etk
04-25-2009, 11:53 AM
why would i buy a whole new console though just for 1 game.

You could buy an XBOX 360 on sale for many games. If you're not a hardcore gamer then I guess the PC is enough.

PC > Console.

Thanks for playing.

In what way?

Gay Ork Wang
04-25-2009, 11:55 AM
You could buy an XBOX 360 on sale for many games. If you're not a hardcore gamer then I guess the PC is enough.

In what way?
they use computers to write console games.

seriously though, Hardcore Gamers play the PC. always. all over the world.

Prowler
04-25-2009, 01:18 PM
xbox live is where its at. PCs to me are more for civilization, mmorpgs, and flight simulation games, consoles are for the finger twitching FPS and sports games where people want to play against other people. i haven't played on playstation network, but i'm sure its similar to xbox live. consoles just do things better for these fast paced games because everybody has an equal system and instant access to tens of millions of gamers. atleast that's the word on the street over here.

bearfan
04-25-2009, 01:24 PM
Eh the cover is ok. Just as long as franchise is good, Ill be fine. Has anyone else not likes how you have to develop players this year? Even if you sim and have a great year, QB doesnt improve that much.

Nalej
04-25-2009, 01:35 PM
I haven't played Madden since 07. Madden 10 better be great.

steelersfan43
04-25-2009, 02:04 PM
PC > Console.

Thanks for playing.

I like console because your all on the same playing field with the same equipment(besides internet speed, but mine is good) and you never have to worry if you can run a game or not.

I like pc for age of mythology and empires. No true rts games for console because halo wars is a really dumbed down rts.

Staubach12
04-25-2009, 02:11 PM
Why did they have to sentence TWO players to horrible careers this year? Even worse, I like both of them!

Prowler
04-25-2009, 02:19 PM
madden will be awesome the year before they decide to switch to a new generation of consoles. then it will spend several years of mediocrity until perfection, and then repeat.

senormysterioso
04-25-2009, 02:29 PM
madden will be awesome the year before they decide to switch to a new generation of consoles. then it will spend several years of mediocrity until perfection, and then repeat.

I agree, It seems like every year is too much for a game like this. They should just sell a roster update and like a new uniform/stadium patch and develop a good new game every other year or so.

rockio42
04-25-2009, 02:34 PM
As long as the running game and blocking isn't as ******* TERRIBLE as they were in in 2009 then I will be happy...also they better not make every OL a fatass again, that **** pissed me off

Prowler
04-25-2009, 02:59 PM
i don't even draft linemen anymore in franchise, they all disappoint me.

JLaw45
04-26-2009, 01:57 PM
Sigh, 06 rocked, I had an epic Saints dynasty 20 years in the future, but it was sadly erased by a roommate tripping over a cord mid-save.

I hate when that happens.

09 was a disappointment for me, both NCAA and Madden(I get them in a package because I import classes everytime). The class import feature is important to me and 09 botched that up big time. It was easier to import on 05 which I'd been playing up until this year, and that was just ridiculous.

I'm waiting for like a dozen reviews and 500 photos/walkthroughs before I even consider buying this.

LonghornsLegend
04-26-2009, 06:46 PM
Player import is so screwed up on 09 it's not even funny.

For one all the good black WR's come in to the NFL as dark as possible with dreads, doesn't matter who; Crabtree, Maclin, Harvin, for some reason all my imported college WR's who were good had dreads and I couldn't change it, annoying as hell.

Not only that but the rookies were WAYYYYYY too juiced, and they didn't figure out how to make them come in at a reasonable rating...Demarcus Granger is a 94 coming out, Carlos Dunlap is a 95, Crabtree was a 92, Taylor Mays was a ridiculous 97 and stronger then most LB's already in the game, the list goes on and on.

Not only do they come out good, but their pay scale is according to their overall, so you have to pay them more then anyone on your team, and by year 4 or 5 they will be making 13 million a year that you have to eat up.

My favorite part of Madden is saving 4 draft classes in a row, so all my franchises start with some realism and I'll have players I know, but even with all the updates they never fixed that and it's bugged me for a long time.

CJSchneider
04-26-2009, 07:17 PM
**** Madden for not making Madden 2010 for pc

I'm with you man, without Madden for the PC, We not American football.

RCAChainGang
04-27-2009, 08:39 AM
They decide to curse two players this year.......

nepg
04-27-2009, 10:14 AM
I agree, It seems like every year is too much for a game like this. They should just sell a roster update and like a new uniform/stadium patch and develop a good new game every other year or so.
I'll probably buy 2010 because I haven't bought a Madden since 2005, but I agree with this. I'd buy official EA roster/stadium packs if they'd just spend more time developing each game.

rockio42
04-29-2009, 05:41 PM
Have they announced anything on the gameplay when it comes to the wildcat on offense??

JRTPlaya21
04-29-2009, 05:44 PM
All I've read is that the Dolphins have it and it's in some other teams playbooks. Of course there are ways to stop the wildcat on defense.

http://www.pastapadre.com/8269/more-on-the-wildcat-in-madden-10

rockio42
04-29-2009, 05:46 PM
All I've read is that the Dolphins have it and it's in some other teams playbooks. Of course there are ways to stop the wildcat on defense.

http://www.pastapadre.com/8269/more-on-the-wildcat-in-madden-10

well, ya, I was just wondering if they have announced how they are going to do handing off the guy in motiong or keeping it and so on

BigJohn98
04-29-2009, 07:16 PM
Player import is so screwed up on 09 it's not even funny.

For one all the good black WR's come in to the NFL as dark as possible with dreads, doesn't matter who; Crabtree, Maclin, Harvin, for some reason all my imported college WR's who were good had dreads and I couldn't change it, annoying as hell.

Not only that but the rookies were WAYYYYYY too juiced, and they didn't figure out how to make them come in at a reasonable rating...Demarcus Granger is a 94 coming out, Carlos Dunlap is a 95, Crabtree was a 92, Taylor Mays was a ridiculous 97 and stronger then most LB's already in the game, the list goes on and on.

Not only do they come out good, but their pay scale is according to their overall, so you have to pay them more then anyone on your team, and by year 4 or 5 they will be making 13 million a year that you have to eat up.

My favorite part of Madden is saving 4 draft classes in a row, so all my franchises start with some realism and I'll have players I know, but even with all the updates they never fixed that and it's bugged me for a long time.

Tell me about it. I drafted Percy Harvin in the first round and he came out an 87. I gave him a 7 year deal and it was for 70-something million, which was fourth highest in the NFL.

The thing that pisses me off the most is the running game. My running game sucks so bad. Maurice Drew averages like 3.9 ypc a game. I couldn't run anywhere. The cpu breaks 50 tackles before going down. As soon as I hit them in the backfield, the back would shed the tackle and pick up 4-6 extra yards. BS.

rockio42
04-30-2009, 08:57 AM
Tell me about it. I drafted Percy Harvin in the first round and he came out an 87. I gave him a 7 year deal and it was for 70-something million, which was fourth highest in the NFL.

The thing that pisses me off the most is the running game. My running game sucks so bad. Maurice Drew averages like 3.9 ypc a game. I couldn't run anywhere. The cpu breaks 50 tackles before going down. As soon as I hit them in the backfield, the back would shed the tackle and pick up 4-6 extra yards. BS.

I was talking about how terrible the running game was to, they defenders shed blocks so easily and they are in the backfield or they come off defenders just as you it the hole so often, they need to bring back running like it was in 07 or 08...what also pissed me off is that the my OL NEVER gets pancakes, I would have an OL of like Marcus McNiel, Davin Joseph, Jason Brown, Shawn Andrew, and Levi brown and defensive lines would just tear my running game apart, but passing was so riduculously easy...also the AI on the Superstar mode is absolutely TERRIBLE

Gay Ork Wang
04-30-2009, 09:02 AM
do u guys change up sliders?

rockio42
04-30-2009, 09:12 AM
Anything on if they are going to change what you can customize about the players (i.e. hair, how fat they look, etc.) or if they are changing the Superstar so you can change you # depending on what team drafts you??

Michigan
04-30-2009, 10:16 AM
*yawns*

*goes off to play ESPN NFL 2K5*

Still the best playing and most realistic football game out there. Do you use Action Replay to get up-to-date rosters?

LonghornsLegend
04-30-2009, 12:57 PM
well, ya, I was just wondering if they have announced how they are going to do handing off the guy in motiong or keeping it and so on

Here's some good videos on the Wildcat in Madden:

http://insideblog.easports.com/archive/2009/04/27/letting-the-quot-wildcat-quot-loose-in-madden-nfl-10.aspx

They have some videos of Pat White running it which looks pretty clean.

You can expect plenty of glitches, and plenty of cheating online with this until they figure things out mroe.

Mr. Goosemahn
04-30-2009, 10:30 PM
Here is a video of Superbowl plays redone in the upcoming Madden 10.

Enjoy.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/video/nfl/2009/04/30/0904.sizzle.SportsIllustrated/index.html

JFLO
05-01-2009, 02:45 PM
So I had some free time today, so I figured I would play Madden for an hour or two...I had three people quit on me, total waste of time that already is a waste of time.

umphrey
05-01-2009, 03:05 PM
The running game always pissed me off because it didn't matter if you had a power back or a speed back or the defender was completely blocked but if they got a finger nail on you it slowed down the runner so much that another defender would get him before he could gain another yard.

rockio42
05-02-2009, 01:35 AM
Watching those two clips it seems as though they have fixed the terrible running game from Madden 09 and seem to be a lot more like 07 or 08

rockio42
05-05-2009, 09:43 AM
I have been looking at a bunch of videos because I am a huge Madden fan, mainly because I love creating fantasy teams and building them, but the more and more I see the better it's starting to look...

they seemed to also have fixed the problem that you QB would like be sucked into the blitzing defender once he got close and now you will have, just like in real life, up to the last second before you get hit to throw the ball, also they are creating a new thing so that when you are personally looking downfield and you get blitzed or a guy gets through that you controller will start to rumble and then you will be able to flick one of the analog sticks and will step up in the pocket or do a certain move to aviod the sack (obviously it will work more with Big Ben than Mac Bulger)

mqtirishfan
05-06-2009, 03:29 PM
The new lead designer is really, really impressive.