PDA

View Full Version : Peter King: Seahawks to Choose Between Curry and Crabtree

gpngc
04-24-2009, 05:44 PM
He made it a point to change the mock draft he just printed and give the Seahawks Crabtree.

Says "I've heard from someone I trust".

Why even change the pick in your mock unless you're pretty sure...?

Adjust you're mocks accordingly. I'm very happy.

keylime_5
04-24-2009, 05:46 PM
Adjust your mocks IF you trust King's source more than the other sources saying it'll be Sanchez. I'm hesitant on King's info considering how crappy his mock looks.

Addict
04-24-2009, 05:46 PM
well if King says it.... (I'm not being sarcastic, he tends to be right)

gpngc
04-24-2009, 05:53 PM
I just don't see any reason for him to go ahead and change his original projection right now unless he's sure.

Plus all the signs point away from OT or Sanchez and to Crabtree or Curry.

MenOfTroy
04-24-2009, 06:13 PM
Yeah, and I can't really see how Crabtree would be a smokescreen as opposed to saying it's Sanchez.

I'm guessing it's legitimate, but if I were them, I would take Curry there.

BigBanger
04-24-2009, 06:16 PM
They dumped a lot of money into an aging WR with the same skill set. Why would they want another possession WR... and make him the highest paid WR in the NFL? Might as well take a potential franchise QB.

Then again, this is the same team that wouldn't pay one of the top 3 guards in the NFL (Hutchinson) 49 million over 7 years, and instead gave the contract Hutchinson got to a WR by the name of Nate Burleson, so... who knows. Maybe they're trying to have the most expensive WR corps in the NFL.

I still say its Sanchez.

ChezPower4
04-24-2009, 06:17 PM
I'm guessing that Curry will be gone by 4. Crabs is a solid pick for the Seahawks.

TheMolecularMan
04-24-2009, 06:21 PM
Why wouldn't the Seahawks take Eugene Monroe at #4?
Walter Jones is 35 years old and Monroe is a safe pick that can play for the next 10 years at a pro-bowl level.

The potentiality of taking Curry doesn't make sense to me since they have so much money invested in their LB core.

Crabs I can understand but I think they have bigger than needs than WR.
The best move IMO is to take Monroe or Sanchez.

Addict
04-24-2009, 06:24 PM
I'm guessing that Curry will be gone by 4. Crabs is a solid pick for the Seahawks.

Unless the Chiefs take him, Curry will be right there.

espnhatesthe49ers
04-24-2009, 06:25 PM
King says Seattle wants a field stretching receiver to compliment Hous.

Seattle needs better scouts because that's not Crabtree. If Seattle is trying to bring the bubble screen offense to the NFL then they should take Crabs.

iBoldin
04-24-2009, 06:29 PM
Why wouldn't the Seahawks take Eugene Monroe at #4?
Walter Jones is 35 years old and Monroe is a safe pick that can play for the next 10 years at a pro-bowl level.

The potentiality of taking Curry doesn't make sense to me since they have so much money invested in their LB core.

Crabs I can understand but I think they have bigger than needs than WR.
The best move IMO is to take Monroe or Sanchez.

One Sean Locklear whom Tim Ruskell trusts with protecting the blindside and gave him a considerable contract.

Although I still like Monroe or Jason Smith to Seattle, I think Ruskell will put more stock into Sanchez and/or Curry. His offensive picks have been shaky at best.

PossibleCabbage
04-24-2009, 06:33 PM
I'll take Peter King's sources better than mine. I mean, both Curry and Crabtree are good value at 4, and Seattle can use either of them, but neither is a real slam dunk pick.

hugegmenfan
04-24-2009, 06:34 PM
He made it a point to change the mock draft he just printed and give the Seahawks Crabtree.

Says "I've heard from someone I trust".

Why even change the pick in your mock unless you're pretty sure...?

Adjust you're mocks accordingly. I'm very happy.

Surprise Pick of Tomorrow: Crabtree to the Seahawks

I think the Seahawks got rid of Peterson because they think they are solid with the guys that had and will not select Curry. I think the Seahawks despite signing Housh, want to win now, and they want to give Hasselbeck as many weapons as possible...Branch, Housh, Crabtree and Burleson as the #4...thats a mighty offense

gpngc
04-24-2009, 06:36 PM
They dumped a lot of money into an aging WR with the same skill set. Why would they want another possession WR... and make him the highest paid WR in the NFL? Might as well take a potential franchise QB.

Then again, this is the same team that wouldn't pay one of the top 3 guards in the NFL (Hutchinson) 49 million over 7 years, and instead gave the contract Hutchinson got to a WR by the name of Nate Burleson, so... who knows. Maybe they're trying to have the most expensive WR corps in the NFL.

I still say its Sanchez.

They have a lot of money invested in OTs too (Jones, Lock, Willis). Plus a QB with two years left at big money. Plus two LBs due for big money. No pick at #4 is going to make much sense financially. Pretty moot anyway because we're on our way to an uncapped year in 2010.

As for Hutchinson/Burleson- look up the poison pill concept before you try to talk about something you don't know anything about.

gpngc
04-24-2009, 06:37 PM

I think the Seahawks got rid of Peterson because they think they are solid with the guys that had and will not select Curry. I think the Seahawks despite signing Housh, want to win now, and they want to give Hasselbeck as many weapons as possible...Branch, Housh, Crabtree and Burleson as the #4...thats a mighty offense

There is also still an outside chance they cut (or maybe trade) Branch or Burleson.

espnhatesthe49ers
04-24-2009, 06:38 PM

I think the Seahawks got rid of Peterson because they think they are solid with the guys that had and will not select Curry. I think the Seahawks despite signing Housh, want to win now, housh is 30, and they want to give Hasselbeck as many weapons as possible...Branch, Housh, Crabtree and Burleson as the #4...thats a mighty offense

Until Hassleback tries to throw the ball 20 yards down the field. Hous and Crabs are possession receivers and don't compliment each other well. Nobody fears any of those guys going deep.

Seattle has completely forgotten what made them so good. It wasn't their receiving core it was their power rushing attack. Their offensive line is a shell of itself and their running backs are garbage. Please Seattle take Michael Crabtree. Have 150 million dollars invested in an incomplete receiving core while your running game blows chunks.

gpngc
04-24-2009, 06:53 PM
Until Hassleback tries to throw the ball 20 yards down the field. Hous and Crabs are possession receivers and don't compliment each other well. Nobody fears any of those guys going deep.

Seattle has completely forgotten what made them so good. It wasn't their receiving core it was their power rushing attack. Their offensive line is a shell of itself and their running backs are garbage. Please Seattle take Michael Crabtree. Have 150 million dollars invested in an incomplete receiving core while your running game blows chunks.

What at #4 is going to improve their running game? Nothing.

And they'll likely improve the RB spot at some point over the weekend. Interior OL is also something I suspect they'll address.

But at #4, Crabtree is the best pick because he's the best player- it's just that simple.

BigBanger
04-24-2009, 07:11 PM
They have a lot of money invested in OTs too (Jones, Lock, Willis). Plus a QB with two years left at big money. Plus two LBs due for big money. No pick at #4 is going to make much sense financially. Pretty moot anyway because we're on our way to an uncapped year in 2010.

As for Hutchinson/Burleson- look up the poison pill concept before you try to talk about something you don't know anything about.
Yeah, I agree. They have no idea how to spend their money. The reason why they're picking fourth.

Even though they gave Matt a big contract, he's done, and like Saun Alexender, they should have saw that coming. They need a QB of the future and while Matt flounders for the next two years, Dirty Sanchez can wait in the wings then take it over once he's gone after learning the system. If they like Sanchez there's no reason not to take him.

ChiFan24
04-24-2009, 07:16 PM
The only thing I'm sure of is that it's not a tackle. That's not how Ruskell rolls. I'm thinking Curry.

espnhatesthe49ers
04-25-2009, 12:40 PM
What at #4 is going to improve their running game? Nothing.

And they'll likely improve the RB spot at some point over the weekend. Interior OL is also something I suspect they'll address.

But at #4, Crabtree is the best pick because he's the best player- it's just that simple.

Andre Smith is the best run blocking offensive lineman to come out in the 5 years. He'd instantly dramatically improve their run blocking.

Sh*t Beanie Wells is a better pick for Seattle than Michael Crabtree is. Granted that's not going to happen because it's too high for a running back w/o the talents of an AD.

Monroe is a better prospect then Crabtree btw.

Smokey Joe
04-25-2009, 12:49 PM
I think for sure it'll be Curry. I don't think Crabtree really compliments TJH all that well and instead they look for a speed receiver in the 2nd or 3rd.

Shane P. Hallam
04-25-2009, 01:10 PM
I agree with King, but I went with Curry. Ruskell does want the instant impact guy. I would def. applaud the Crabtree pick.