PDA

View Full Version : Colt

critesy
04-24-2009, 06:28 PM
all i got to say is the coaching staff is not confident in him to be anything more than a backup with all the talks of trading for qb's.

Addict
04-24-2009, 06:30 PM
I loved Brennan coming out... although he was a project-type guy.

D-Unit
04-24-2009, 06:40 PM
This is a much bigger issue for Jason Campbell, I'd say. The writing on the wall is clear. We don't believe in you.

As for Colt, what did you really expect? You spend $100+M on a defensive tackle and feel fully at ease with your 6th round 2nd year QB making less than a mil? That's a whole lot of crazy. Colt was drafted as a 6th round project. Realistically, all they could hope for was a solid backup type. I think that's still apart of the plan.

This whole idea got shaken up when Colt started to perform well in the preseason. He showed that maybe there's more to him than being a backup.

However, he's not there yet and it wouldn't be smart for the Redskins who spend like they want to win now, to bank on Colt like that.

I don't think the message is they've lost hope in him, but rather, they've lost hope in Campbell. Colt as a backup is still in the plans.

DiG
04-24-2009, 06:44 PM
this required its own thread? really??

Colt wasnt drafted with the mindset that he was the future dynasty starting quarterback. Yes hes looked promising in preseason and yes I personally do hope hes someday given a chance to play as our starting quarterback but he was drafted as a development. If he produces into a starter some day, GREAT, if not, then hopefully he is a more than reliable #2. I have expectations that he wears a redskins uniform for a long time.

Campbell is the one that should be worried after all of this and I'm glad we realize hes not a great qb instead of giving him a big extension.

critesy
04-24-2009, 07:13 PM
first of all, im a JC fan and i believe he has done average in his starting career.
i think they should give him this year to see if he can prove that he is liable to start. to see if he can learn an offense in the 2nd year.
how do i think he'll perform? same as last year which is indeed a failure of our expectations and mine.. but still there is that slight hope he could perform better which i would take instead of trading for another QB who is unproven who could very likely do the exact same and end up at the same point 3 years down the road. i mean i love sanchez, just not to the redskins at this moment. maybe if he came out next year and campbell pooped in the bed then yes by all means.

and yes this needed its own thread cause im sick of the colt jizzfest thats going on. if people think were just going to keep him and see if he progresses think again, when has this front office ever done anything of that sort of situation.. nothing that i can recall.

D-Unit
04-24-2009, 07:33 PM
first of all, im a JC fan and i believe he has done average in his starting career.
i think they should give him this year to see if he can prove that he is liable to start. to see if he can learn an offense in the 2nd year.
how do i think he'll perform? same as last year which is indeed a failure of our expectations and mine.. but still there is that slight hope he could perform better which i would take instead of trading for another QB who is unproven who could very likely do the exact same and end up at the same point 3 years down the road. i mean i love sanchez, just not to the redskins at this moment. maybe if he came out next year and campbell pooped in the bed then yes by all means.

and yes this needed its own thread cause im sick of the colt jizzfest thats going on. if people think were just going to keep him and see if he progresses think again, when has this front office ever done anything of that sort of situation.. nothing that i can recall.
Regardless of him having to learn a new system. He should be farther along in his progression that he is. He's a dead fish. He won't get better. The only thing his supporters keep going back to is "we don't know what tomorrow holds" for this guy. That's the weakest excuse in the book.

I truly believe you would've had a more exciting season if Colt was your QB last year... and still be in the same spot you are today. And Colt would've been further along in his progression. You wouldn't be talking about QB needs. And you'd be talking about addressing the OL or DE.

Brent
04-24-2009, 07:36 PM
I though Colt was taken to be like "Zorn's guy" one of those QB's that seems to go wherever a certain offensive coach/OC ends up. Like Zorn's pet project or something.

D-Unit
04-24-2009, 07:48 PM
I though Colt was taken to be like "Zorn's guy" one of those QB's that seems to go wherever a certain offensive coach/OC ends up. Like Zorn's pet project or something.
I don't think that has changed. Even if Zorn is fired. He could do what they did in Seattle... Brought Hasselbeck out from Favre's shadows and continued the project in Seattle where things worked out.

Zorn has history with Colt that goes on before he was the HC for the Skins. Last year Colt knew the system better than Campbell did.

critesy
04-24-2009, 08:10 PM
Regardless of him having to learn a new system. He should be farther along in his progression that he is. He's a dead fish. He won't get better. The only thing his supporters keep going back to is "we don't know what tomorrow holds" for this guy. That's the weakest excuse in the book.

I truly believe you would've had a more exciting season if Colt was your QB last year i respect what you're saying but i disagree and think it would of been a much longer season.
... and still be in the same spot you are today.
i highly doubt colt goes .500 in his rookie season, we wouldnt have to trade up to sanchez if colt started last year

And Colt would've been further along in his progression.
this is true

You wouldn't be talking about QB needs. And you'd be talking about addressing the OL or DE.
negative, we'd be talking about the same exact needs. if colt was starting last year, we still would be in the cutler talks and sanchez talks etc.

that response is the exact reason i made this thread.

bold mhmm.

critesy
04-24-2009, 08:11 PM

i dont doubt it but it wont be with the skins cause of our front office and their antics.

D-Unit
04-24-2009, 08:14 PM
bold mhmm.
Well we speculate, but we both don't know the facts about how the Redskins current situation would be.

But Colt does bring excitement, so that's more what I meant as far as having an exciting offense. Wins or losses.. I wouldn't have a clue.