PDA

View Full Version : James Casey another perfect Wildcat fit?

Cigaro
04-24-2009, 08:24 PM
I was reading SI, and I came across quite an interesting article; James Casey threw in front of 28 teams, and many were impressed with his abilities. He also was used quite extensively in the Wildcat formation, rushing for six touchdowns and passing for two. He's a former pitcher and high school quarterback. We all know about Pat White, but any one else think his size, speed, and throwing potential makes him a very interesting prospect to run the Wildcat out of?

gator3guy
04-24-2009, 10:30 PM
I love this kid. I think no matter what he does, hes going to be successful.

Race for the Heisman
04-25-2009, 11:42 AM
I knew he used to pitch and he ran the Wildcat in college, but I never really thought about it as an option in the NFL. He's a better fit for it than Pat White, that's for sure, and he can be had a good two rounds later probably, so why not?

Shane P. Hallam
04-25-2009, 11:44 AM
No doubt. He reminds me of Tim Tebow in the Wildcat. I'll take it!

He also played some DE!

Malaka
04-25-2009, 11:47 AM

He also played some DE!

He would know exactly what the DE's are thinking!!!!!

Cigaro
04-25-2009, 11:48 AM

He also played some DE!

Per SI, one scout said, "he kind of looks like Tim Tebow, except he throws the ball better than Tebow."

Shane P. Hallam
04-25-2009, 11:49 AM
Per SI, one scout said, "he kind of looks like Tim Tebow, except he throws the ball better than Tebow."

Ha, no joke, I hadn't even read that. I wouldn't be surprised though.

ElectricEye
Love, love, love this guy. He can pretty much do whatever he wants.

Smokey Joe
He played DE, WR, TE, RB, FB, QB, and even LS in college. I love this guy. I would be a big fan if the bears drafted him as an H-Back who can also be used as the wildcat QB and backup long snapper as well.

IceKubes
If he had stayed at Rice another year he was going to be the front runner to start at QB. Hopefully whoever drafts him runs or implements some form of the Wildcat.

Texas Homer
04-25-2009, 12:03 PM
YES!! He is really good.

BBIB
04-25-2009, 12:19 PM
I knew he used to pitch and he ran the Wildcat in college, but I never really thought about it as an option in the NFL. He's a better fit for it than Pat White, that's for sure, and he can be had a good two rounds later probably, so why not?

Care to explain why he's for sure a better fit for it than Pat White?

No one knows the zone read quite like Pat White. And no one ran it as well over a 4 year career.

James Casey has a whopping 12 passing attempts in his career and he only completed 4 of those attempts

Race for the Heisman
04-25-2009, 02:37 PM
Care to explain why he's for sure a better fit for it than Pat White?

No one knows the zone read quite like Pat White. And no one ran it as well over a 4 year career.

James Casey has a whopping 12 passing attempts in his career and he only completed 4 of those attempts

It's (the Wildcat) more of a running threat than a passing threat in the NFL, at least if last season is any indication. Casey is a grittier, tougher interior runner than White is even if he doesn't have the same top speed. On the occasions where the formation is used to pass White will probably be superior in most cases, but I'll take Casey's running ability combined with the formation's primary tendencies over White's superior passing ability and overall speed.