PDA

View Full Version : Any GREAT future pass rushing DEs in this draft?

whatadai
04-25-2009, 02:44 AM
Just wondering but which, if any, defensive ends in draft do you believe will end up as double digit sack threats in their career? Notice, I said defensive end, not someone listed as a defensive end that gets drafted to play a blitzing OLB.

Mr. Hero
04-25-2009, 02:49 AM
Orakpo, Maybin, Brown, Ayers, English, Barwin, Sidbury, I could see any of those guys getting ten+ sacks if they're drafted to play DE. I know I'm missing a guy or two but it's late and I just got home half an hour ago, so my stupor is going strong.

whatadai
04-25-2009, 02:57 AM
Orakpo, Maybin, Brown, Ayers, English, Barwin, Sidbury, I could see any of those guys getting ten+ sacks if they're drafted to play DE. I know I'm missing a guy or two but it's late and I just got home half an hour ago, so my stupor is going strong.

Really? You see ALL of them becoming double digit sack guys? By a double digit sack guy I mean someone who would be consistently high in sacks and get double digit sacks more than one year in his career. Pretty much a dependable guy that doesn't get one year of double digit sacks cause of a fluke year. I think half of those guys will be drafted as 3-4 OLBs.

Mr. Hero
04-25-2009, 03:15 AM
Each and everyone of them could become that guy. I've been to the future but I don't remember it so I can't tell you which one's will become that guy, but those guys have that sort of talent.

parrish_lemar24DBSkins
04-25-2009, 05:16 AM
If GT DE Michael Johnson finds his motivation in the pros, he's the only prospect who has the elite physical tools to consistently tally double digit sack numbers throughout his career.

Honorable mention; Aaron Maybin, Brian Orakpo, Conner Barwin(OLB).

Shane P. Hallam
04-25-2009, 05:22 AM
I think we will have at least 3 elite pass rushing DEs out of this draft. So many to choose from, a few will be truly special. It is all about which ones though.

etk
04-25-2009, 08:20 AM
Everette Brown is the only guy I'd guarantee for double-digit sacks coming out of a 3-pt stance.

A Perfect Score
04-25-2009, 09:11 AM
Everette Brown is the only guy I'd guarantee for double-digit sacks coming out of a 3-pt stance.

Thats because you are a smart man. Everette Brown will be the most productive DE from this class, mark it down.

TACKLE
04-25-2009, 09:16 AM
Thats because you are a smart man. Everette Brown will be the most productive DE from this class, mark it down.

Put me on board too. I've thought EB was the best pass rusher in the draft throughout this whole process.

ATLDirtyBirds
04-25-2009, 09:19 AM
Real tough. I tend to agree with JBond. I'm a fan of just about all of the early DEs.