PDA

View Full Version : Chargers War Room Thread

San Diego Chicken
04-25-2009, 03:58 AM
Lets get this party started.... does anyone have a clue who the hell we will draft?

UncleHulka
04-25-2009, 03:19 PM
I'm guessing Maualuga. I lost a little respect for Mike Mayock for his Chargers pick, Moreno. I thought he was better than that.

Average OT LB
04-25-2009, 05:03 PM
who the hell is larry english

sdpads24
04-25-2009, 05:08 PM
Another crazy AJ pick. I hope this doesn't mean Merriman is gone after next year.

San Diego Chicken
04-25-2009, 05:08 PM
<sigh> I feel that the team needed help now. I like the idea of adding another pass rusher, but there are still several holes that haven't been filled.

UncleHulka
04-25-2009, 05:28 PM
I'm becoming convinced that it wasn't AJ Smith who built this team. This is looking like the third consecutive draft failure. I guess they'll take a qb with their next pick.

CC.SD
05-01-2009, 01:58 AM
lol at some of the overreactions in this thread. With a weak as hell draft we managed to pick up a studly looking pass rusher, to help out our defense that let QBs take a nap before throwing the ball. The sky is falling, chicken little.

With Merriman back and English in the fold, our D can be scary again, not a pathetic oozing corpse. Winning a Super Bowl is about creating and exploiting mismatches, and this pick will allow Ron Rivera to go crazy.

Crickett
05-01-2009, 02:29 AM
<sigh> I feel that the team needed help now. I like the idea of adding another pass rusher, but there are still several holes that haven't been filled.

Think of it this way. The Chargers went from the 14th ranked pass defense to 31st and from 11-5 to 8-8. What changed? Shawn Merriman got hurt. So the Chargers got their insurance policy and really, I can't fault them for that. Especially when you consider having a stronger pass rush never EVER hurts.

San Diego Chicken
05-01-2009, 05:55 AM
Don't get me wrong - I like Larry English. I think he's going to be a good, not great, player for the Chargers. But our running game is bad, Clary is average, Marcus McNeill was shaky last year, he has a contract coming up, and health issues. The team is woefully thin at offensive tackle. Overall it was a good draft, but if you grade out this offseason as a whole, nothing's been done about safety or OL.

bantx
05-01-2009, 07:05 PM
I heard we picked up 18 UDFA's and see if we can get lucky and find another Antonio Gates in the bunch.

CC.SD
05-01-2009, 09:04 PM
I heard we picked up 18 UDFA's and see if we can get lucky and find another Antonio Gates in the bunch.

From what I saw of Beckwith at LSU, if he can't beat out Wilhelm...then Wilhelm broke his legs. Seriously another season of this joker starting will kill me. Here's hoping Burnett puts on a clinic too.