PDA

View Full Version : Final Mock Draft Live!

Scott Wright
04-25-2009, 07:22 AM

I just Made My Final Mock Draft Live!

You Can Check It Out Via the Main Page:

http://www.draftcountdown.com

eagles nut
04-25-2009, 07:25 AM
I think Jerraud Powers is more of a 5th round player than a 3rd round player.

CLong4Heisman
04-25-2009, 07:26 AM
I dont like the Josh Freeman to the Jets pick. I believe that they're ready to win now and will not spend a pick on a developmental QB when they can take a Malaluga to replace Eric Barton or 3-4 DE.

OneToughGame
04-25-2009, 07:27 AM
Sorry Scott but the Seahawks not going CB or S in the first 3 rounds in your mock? I'm confused.

T-RICH49
04-25-2009, 07:29 AM
ughhh not another Jackson pick.drafting a DE who can't rush the passer is far from a smart move IMO and KC is appearantly playing a 4-3 under at least that's what they workd out in at the minicamp recently

drowe
04-25-2009, 07:38 AM
Eugene Monroe in the first is great.
Everette Brown in the second is even better.

if the draft falls that way, i'd be f'ing thrilled.

not crazy about the 3rd round picks though. but, that's a problem for tomorrow.

thanks for all the great coverage. it really seems to get better every year.

killxswitch
04-25-2009, 07:51 AM
I appreciate your hard work Scott but your Colts pick is terrible. DHB won't be a viable WR until Manning is almost ready to retire. They would take Wells first based entirely on value. At least you didn't give us Harvin.

Bills2083
04-25-2009, 07:56 AM
I'd be very happy if that were how the Bills' draft were to go down...
I'd be even happier if we took Duke Robinson in the 3rd rather than Freeman...
I get the feeling that he's going to be a bust, but what do I know.

Nice job anyway, Scott. And thanks for all your hard work and making this the best draft site around.

regoob2
04-25-2009, 08:17 AM
What happened to Everette Browns stock?

CJSchneider
04-25-2009, 08:18 AM
I get your point about Maybin, but I think you had it right when you had Orakpo. Once again, you've come through with a solid year Scott. Great job. Get some sleep sometime today if you can.

DallCowby1
04-25-2009, 08:21 AM
Never really thought about the idea of Harvin free fallin all the way down to #51!

Jerry did talk about pulling a name(s) back that had been previously taken off there board.

Hmmmmm........

As for McGee in the 3rd! I know they like him and he wants to be a Cowboy! This would be an area Jerry would trade down a couple of times and then draft a QB!

Addict
04-25-2009, 08:22 AM
hmmmm... I liked your last mock for the Lions better Scott. But a fine job overall. Let's see how the real thang goes!

Oaktown1981
04-25-2009, 08:33 AM
I think the Raiders would take Eugene Monroe... Cable said he really likes the top 4 OT's and Monroe would be an ideal fit for the ZBS.

JRTPlaya21
04-25-2009, 08:37 AM
Ahh man not Sanchez.

Thecollegedropout
04-25-2009, 08:40 AM
I dont like the Josh Freeman to the Jets pick. I believe that they're ready to win now and will not spend a pick on a developmental QB when they can take a Malaluga to replace Eric Barton or 3-4 DE.
Agreed, its a bad pick with Freeman. We have developmental guys already, Freeman is probably far from ready anyhow.....

Round 2 is a fine pick and I think Quinn would be a good move in the 4th round....However Quinn in the 3rd round over Ramses Barden is just bad.

Jets need a WR badly and it would be disappointing if it is not addressed in the 1st 3 rounds.

keylime_5
04-25-2009, 08:49 AM
I hope you are right, especially about picks 5, 36, and 50 ;)

DiG
04-25-2009, 08:52 AM
see now i would be OK with moving up to 8 for sanchez if we give up a third to do it and get a third for campbell. as long as we arent giving up future picks to get into the top 5 then its fine by me because i do feel sanchez is a much better prospect and player than campbell. at the same time passing on monroe would be tough.

jason williams in the third is sexy.

coordinator0
04-25-2009, 08:56 AM
I don't really like Vontae over Heyward-Bey and Pettigrew, but I've heard that we really like him so I can see it happening. The other two picks are solid for the Ravens.

Smokey Joe
04-25-2009, 09:00 AM
I think the Seahawks go with Curry. Sure, they got a lot of money invested in LB with Hill and Tatupu, but there's no telling how much longer Hill will be with the Seahawks, and do they have anyone on the roster who can replace Peterson? Also, while they got money already invested in LB, they just invested a lot of money in WR.

Plus, rookie line backers have shown they can come in and make big impacts right away. Last year was Mayo, the year before Willis, and the year before that was Ryans, and there are several more I'm forgetting. The MIKE from Oklahoma who went to Atlanta (I forget his name) made a big impact as a rookie, etc. I do believe that the Seahawks are looking to win next year, so I'm ruling out Sanchez and Monroe. HOWEVER, the wildcard I see here is Andre Smith. But I do agree with you they could go in about 5 different directions.

Also, I don't think you mentioned this, but alot of people are talking about Curry and not being able to penetrate/rush the passer. That's just false, IMO. He has had double digit tackles for loss the past 2 years, and part of that may be because he is so good at reading and reacting, but he's also had 2-3 sacks a year, when he wasn't asked to blitz. I think if asked to blitz as a SAM backer, with his size/speed/athleticism combo, he could really be a force in the pass rush.

Smokey Joe
04-25-2009, 09:01 AM
Scott, is the first time you ever projected a trade in your mock?

Splat
04-25-2009, 09:03 AM
If Scott Pioli thinks Tyson Jackson is worth the 3rd pick who am I to disagree he is the one with 3 rings not me.

YoJoeBucsFan
04-25-2009, 09:10 AM
God I hope the Bucs don't draft Mike Mamula I mean Michael Johnson. That guy is going to suck big time.

regoob2
04-25-2009, 09:10 AM
I think the Seahawks go with Curry. Sure, they got a lot of money invested in LB with Hill and Tatupu, but there's no telling how much longer Hill will be with the Seahawks, and do they have anyone on the roster who can replace Peterson? Also, while they got money already invested in LB, they just invested a lot of money in WR.

Plus, rookie line backers have shown they can come in and make big impacts right away. Last year was Mayo, the year before Willis, and the year before that was Ryans, and there are several more I'm forgetting. The MIKE from Oklahoma who went to Atlanta (I forget his name) made a big impact as a rookie, etc. I do believe that the Seahawks are looking to win next year, so I'm ruling out Sanchez and Monroe. HOWEVER, the wildcard I see here is Andre Smith. But I do agree with you they could go in about 5 different directions.

Also, I don't think you mentioned this, but alot of people are talking about Curry and not being able to penetrate/rush the passer. That's just false, IMO. He has had double digit tackles for loss the past 2 years, and part of that may be because he is so good at reading and reacting, but he's also had 2-3 sacks a year, when he wasn't asked to blitz. I think if asked to blitz as a SAM backer, with his size/speed/athleticism combo, he could really be a force in the pass rush.
Curtis Lofton.

Go_Eagles77
04-25-2009, 09:16 AM
Love the first 2 rounds for the eagles. As for the 3rd, I like the position but I think Sean Smith would be a much better value than Powers.

eaglesalltheway
04-25-2009, 09:17 AM
Love the first 2 rounds for the eagles. As for the 3rd, I like the position but I think Sean Smith would be a much better value than Powers.

This has been seconded...probably not a word...

Xiomera
04-25-2009, 09:23 AM
Lions analysis:

1a - Stafford = Cool
1b - Peria Jerry = Cool
2 - William Beatty = I like it, but I really wanted Laurinaitis (gone at 30)
3a - Cornelius Ingram = I hate this. In fact, I hate us picking a TE at all
3b - Scott McKillip = nice pick given that we didn't get a MLB earlier

I'd grade this out as a B if it happened.

billsfootball15
04-25-2009, 09:23 AM
pettigrew at 28 would make me ecstatic

Flyboy
04-25-2009, 09:26 AM
I'd be content with Jenkins.

Jenkins or Wells imo!

TACKLE
04-25-2009, 09:26 AM
Predicting a trade for the first time since you had Denver trading up to #10 to take P-Willie. Interesting. I really think that trade will happen though.

Thanks Scott for all the hard work you've put in this year.

wicket
04-25-2009, 09:28 AM
I'd be content with Jenkins.

Jenkins and not Wells imo!
fixed it for you

Flyboy
04-25-2009, 09:32 AM
No, that was just libel.

Geo
04-25-2009, 09:40 AM
Fantastic Colts' pick, Scott! Because you never get the Colts' pick right. :D

This seals it btw, there's no way Heyward-Bey reaches #27. Another team (probably the Giants) will trade up before #27 and get him.

vidae
04-25-2009, 09:41 AM
Oh Scott, you were doing so well!

Noooooo!

04-25-2009, 09:41 AM
So the Raider picks stayed exactly the same. I'm surprised you didn't switch our first pick to DHB, although both are still equal possibilities at this point.

Abaddon
04-25-2009, 10:09 AM
Did you really have Oakland passing on Eugene Monroe? For a kick returner???

Jebus...

OregonDucks
04-25-2009, 11:37 AM
You have sean smith listed from oregon instead of utah, not a big deal just thought I would throw it out there. So everette brown second round? How did he drop so dang quick, and far?

PoopSandwich
04-25-2009, 11:48 AM
If this draft happened for the Browns I would be extremely excited... I would choose Harvin at 50 but that is just me being picky.

Awesome job for us man.

GB12
04-25-2009, 11:59 AM
This draft would be so amazing I don't really know what else to say. Eugene Monroe and Everette Brown! Wow. I wouldn't even care who we'd take the rest of the draft that is awesome.

quincyyyyy
04-25-2009, 12:01 PM
Someone has yet to give me a good argument why Tyson Jackson should be a top 15 pick let alone top 3.

JT Jag
04-25-2009, 12:24 PM
What happened to Kenny Britt? You have him as your fifth-best WR, but I can't find him anywhere on the Mock. Is this intentional?

PoopSandwich
04-25-2009, 12:26 PM
Someone has yet to give me a good argument why Tyson Jackson should be a top 15 pick let alone top 3.

Someone has yet to give me why Tedd Ginn was a top 15 pick let alone top 10 to a team that didn't have a QB at the time...

It's the draft man, some **** is just messed up.

JT Jag
04-25-2009, 12:45 PM
What happened to Kenny Britt? You have him as your fifth-best WR, but I can't find him anywhere on the Mock. Is this intentional?..... Well?

Go_Eagles77
04-25-2009, 12:58 PM
..... Well?
Giants in round 1.

JT Jag
04-25-2009, 01:01 PM
Giants in round 1.Oh, whoops. Forgot the first round was split it two.

In other news, I'm not a Massaquai fan, but I can see why you picked him there.

Mr.Regular
04-25-2009, 01:03 PM
Scott, is the first time you ever projected a trade in your mock?
I know he did it in 07 for Calvin Johnson to the Bucs.

Go_Eagles77
04-25-2009, 01:05 PM
I know he did it in 07 for Calvin Johnson to the Bucs.
I believe he also predicted the saints/patriots trade from last year.

OneToughGame
04-25-2009, 01:09 PM

Tatupu made a huge impact to the Seahawks defense as a rookie also.

scottyboy
04-25-2009, 01:33 PM
Scott, I think I hope more than anyone in the world that you are right!

also, is it just me, or is this one of the hardest drafts to peg in a while? Not so many "locks" or no-brainers this year. then again, it could just be me

GB12
04-25-2009, 01:42 PM
Scott, I think I hope more than anyone in the world that you are right!

also, is it just me, or is this one of the hardest drafts to peg in a while? Not so many "locks" or no-brainers this year. then again, it could just be me
Well you'd be wrong. Even a GiantRutgersFan like you couldn't be happier than Packer fans if Scott's mock is right.

scottyboy
04-25-2009, 01:44 PM
Well you'd be wrong. Even a GiantRutgersFan like you couldn't be happier than Packer fans if Scott's mock is right.

i meant mainly just the first pick haha, but still. Britt to the Giants...oh man, I'd go crazy

mqtirishfan
04-25-2009, 01:47 PM
If the Packers got Monroe AND Everette Brown, I'd jizz in my pants.

mqtirishfan
04-25-2009, 04:31 PM
jay cutler's #1 fan banned in 3, 2, 1...

CJSchneider
04-25-2009, 05:12 PM
took long enough