PDA

View Full Version : Marshawn Lynch possibly falling to us in 1st Round

ChefMike
03-07-2007, 08:28 PM
If you go by this draft site that has not been updated since the Travis Henry signing in Denver...

http://www.footballsfuture.com/2007/nflmockdraft.html

and if this plays out close Lynch would probably fall to us in the 1st rd... that would be the steal of the draft. The only Teams that are drafting a head of us in the latter half of the draft is NY Giants who are in discussions with Dominic Rhodes and Tennesee which is need of a reciever more than a RB being that reports are reading now that they want Chris Brown back and they spent a 2nd rder on LenDale White last year... so Lynch could fall in our laps... so maybe we wait til next week to pull the trigger on the McGhee deal to see if the Rhodes and Brown deals work out as they are looking... plus Jamal is looking more and more like he is going to be in Green Bay or Cleveland which could shake up the whole face of the draft with any team that needs a Running Back

Ravens1991
03-07-2007, 08:31 PM
if we get McGahee and then Lynch falls to us will go phsyco.

KCJ58
03-07-2007, 08:31 PM
no way bro

ChefMike
03-07-2007, 08:51 PM
If you look at where the picks are falling and based on needs...Lynch is got a good shot of falling to us....

ChefMike
03-07-2007, 09:27 PM
The McGhee deal could happen tonight... but not likely Ozzie is not a rash guy so just because Jamal signed today in Cleveland doesnt mean he is going to have the knee jerk reaction to pull the trigger on the deal with McGhee. We should wait a few days and see what the other teams are offering... They want him out and McGhee wants out... the longer we wait the less we have to offer... and the less he will sign with us for just to make the deal happen..

Yung Flippa
03-07-2007, 09:30 PM
I Think There Is No Way Green Bay Passes Up On Him
They Are In Desperate Need Of A RB

niel89
03-07-2007, 10:50 PM
no chance. i see buffalo, green bay and the jets taking a shot at him. i would love marshawn in baltimore though

bennybee38
03-07-2007, 11:30 PM
WE MIGHT GET MCGAHEE! but if not....why would the jets take a running back if they just got Thomas Jones? If the Bills get Dillon and if the Packers land Betts or Chris Brown then Marshawn will trickle his way into our arms. If he does become a raven, i say we trade Mike Anderson for whatever we dont address in the draft.

ccB
03-07-2007, 11:37 PM
WE MIGHT GET MCGAHEE! but if not....why would the jets take a running back if they just got Thomas Jones? If the Bills get Dillon and if the Packers land Betts or Chris Brown then Marshawn will trickle his way into our arms. If he does become a raven, i say we trade Mike Anderson for whatever we dont address in the draft.

I dont think that if a team got Dillon or Brown that would stop them from drafting Marshawn.

EdReedUnstoppable
03-08-2007, 01:06 AM
I dont think that if a team got Dillon or Brown that would stop them from drafting Marshawn.

Agreed, Chris Brown doesnt inspire enough confidence to pass up on a future workhorse back like Lynch.

EdReedUnstoppable
03-08-2007, 01:07 AM
The McGhee deal could happen tonight... but not likely Ozzie is not a rash guy so just because Jamal signed today in Cleveland doesnt mean he is going to have the knee jerk reaction to pull the trigger on the deal with McGhee. We should wait a few days and see what the other teams are offering... They want him out and McGhee wants out... the longer we wait the less we have to offer... and the less he will sign with us for just to make the deal happen..

Dear god please let the Giants swoop in and trade for him tonight while we're not looking.

SeanTaylorRIP
03-08-2007, 07:14 AM
Man I sure hope that we get Mcgahee because I predict what happened to the Colts will happen to us. They were praying for Maroney and Deangelo and when they were gone they had to reach and settle for Addai, and while Addai ended up being a beast pick I will snap if we "settle" in the first round with Irons or Bush.

ccB
03-08-2007, 07:36 AM
Man I sure hope that we get Mcgahee because I predict what happened to the Colts will happen to us. They were praying for Maroney and Deangelo and when they were gone they had to reach and settle for Addai, and while Addai ended up being a beast pick I will snap if we "settle" in the first round with Irons or Bush.

Yeah man I thought of this exact same situation. If we dont trade for McGahee we need to trade up in front of GB and PRAY we get Marshawn, that would be too risky and I think we should just try and land McGahee.

RaVeNFaNaCtIc
03-08-2007, 07:46 AM
If Mcgahee does come to Baltimore and Marshawn falls to us what do you guys think we should do? Take him or adress another need.Remeber thou, if we do take Willis we dont pick until round 3 so the first round selection is important.

ccB
03-08-2007, 07:49 AM
If Mcgahee does come to Baltimore and Marshawn falls to us what do you guys think we should do? Take him or adress another need.Remeber thou, if we do take Willis we dont pick until round 3 so the first round selection is important.

I think its possible we could take him still, also we are not sure if we are giving up a 2nd or 3rd yet. Espn said its either a 2 and a 6th or a 3rd and a 5th.

go_ravens94
03-08-2007, 10:25 AM
Marshawn or McGahee. In Ozzie I trust.

ChefMike
03-08-2007, 11:56 AM
Well McGhee has agreed to deal with us. Which means we are going to have to give him a at least a 3 year deal doubt he comes if we restructure his last year of his contract. Doesn't rule out us taking Lynch if and when he drops to us in the 1st, and being at that point he would be part of the "Best Player Available" theory he would quickly become a Raven. The Giants aren't going to pick him and the Packers are trying to sign someone that can come in now and play not play a few years down the road...Not when your talking trading for Randy Moss and you have an aging HOF QB that wants to win now...

toonsterwu
03-08-2007, 12:00 PM
Not to try and bash another site, but ff was the site that had some odd mock last year, keeping Jonathan Scott in the first round until awfully late, and so forth. Maybe they are onto something, but most indications are that Marshawn Lynch will be long gone. A number of teams are likely to look RB. RB is the one position where a youngster, if he's good, can come in and play immediately, and skillwise, Marshawn is good. The Packers options are dwindling, so I'd look for them to make play to move up ahead of Buffalo to secure a RB. Buffalo likely will look RB early, as none of the RB's on the board are likely to be long term solutions, and they are building a young core. With depth at LB/CB, the Giants are likely to take a long look at Marshawn if he inconceviably slips there.

JoeMontainya
03-08-2007, 12:21 PM
Lynch wont fall that far. Buffalo, GB, Giants etc... will jump him

If hes still there at #29, exspect teams to trade up.

ccB
03-08-2007, 12:22 PM
Not to try and bash another site, but ff was the site that had some odd mock last year, keeping Jonathan Scott in the first round until awfully late, and so forth. Maybe they are onto something, but most indications are that Marshawn Lynch will be long gone. A number of teams are likely to look RB. RB is the one position where a youngster, if he's good, can come in and play immediately, and skillwise, Marshawn is good. The Packers options are dwindling, so I'd look for them to make play to move up ahead of Buffalo to secure a RB. Buffalo likely will look RB early, as none of the RB's on the board are likely to be long term solutions, and they are building a young core. With depth at LB/CB, the Giants are likely to take a long look at Marshawn if he inconceviably slips there.

Yeah I agree, Just because a team is looking at Dominic Rhodes or Chris Brown does not mean thats their long term answer.

go_ravens94
03-08-2007, 12:32 PM
Yeah I agree, Just because a team is looking at Dominic Rhodes or Chris Brown does not mean thats their long term answer.

Of course, CCB. Rhodes is a good fit in a 2-back system.

ChefMike
03-08-2007, 12:39 PM
Lynch wont fall that far. Buffalo, GB, Giants etc... will jump him

If hes still there at #29, exspect teams to trade up.

Well if thats the case...we should entertain all offers to pick up some extra picks next year or in the 2nd rd this year...I would let Lynch fall if we could pick up Pittman or Bush or Irons in addition to the OL in the 2nd rd and get a pick next year with it... I don't see a huge dispartity between Lynch and next 3 or 4 RB's in the draft behind him not like there is between say Adrian Peterson and the rest of the class of RB's this year...