PDA

View Full Version : Texas Tech Coach Rips Mangini

Splat
04-25-2009, 07:53 PM
Texas Tech Coach Rips Mangini (http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/04/25/texas-tech-coach-rips-mangini/)

“Michael Crabtree has been more successful as a receiver than that guy as a coach at this point,” Leach said of Mangini. “Part of the reason is he’s (Crabtree) too shy to be like that. …

“My definition of a diva is someone who’s loud and self-absorbed. Michael Crabtree is the furthest thing from loud that I’ve seen. … Let’s see how all those non-divas do up in Cleveland this year.”

gameplaya2435
04-25-2009, 07:58 PM
I don't see why he's so upset, it's not like they took a player over Crabtree when WR was a glaring need. They wanted to trade down, and got a good deal.

I could see a knock on the Raiders definitely, but not the Browns.

BRAVEHEART
04-25-2009, 08:01 PM
I don't see why he's so upset, it's not like they took a player over Crabtree when WR was a glaring need. They wanted to trade down, and got a good deal.

I could see a knock on the Raiders definitely, but not the Browns.

I guess you didn't read the link?

gameplaya2435
04-25-2009, 08:03 PM
I guess you didn't read the link?

I did not. :oops:

Saw the quote and assumed it just meant that they passed on Crabs to trade the pick.

kalbears13
04-25-2009, 08:25 PM
I never heard it was Mangini who said it. It was just a "source". Apparently he knew more.

HokiesSkins2621
04-25-2009, 08:46 PM
That's what I've always wondered. How is this guy a diva? He seems so nervous around the cameras and never really has ever shoved the spotlight on himself out of no where. The guy has obviously taken public speaking classes watching him on Jim Rome the other day.

Smokey Joe
04-25-2009, 08:47 PM
Leach needs to shut up. I can't stand him.

The Great Jonathan Vilma
04-25-2009, 09:04 PM
All things aside, Mangini is a tool

SenorGato
04-25-2009, 09:09 PM
Man Mangini must have killed someones baby or something in the past year because I don't think anyone has said a nice thing about him lately.

Personally, I think it's a good sign for his future that the people who hate him most are Jets fans. No offense to my people or anything, just that Mangini isn't an idiot. It's funny how blind many Jets fans are to the good things that happened to the Jets under him...but thats just how it is anyway.

Crabtree came off as a pretty decent dude to me...when Heyward Bey got picked I thought he looked a little pissed for a second but I guess that went away quickly enough.

ChezPower4
04-25-2009, 09:23 PM
Mike Leach is a badass

bearsfan_51
04-25-2009, 09:36 PM
When Crabtree was on ESPN talking about the question of him being a diva, he followed up with a comment about being unable to decide what suit he was going to wear to the draft.

Just sayin'

Byrd430
04-25-2009, 09:41 PM
I definitely think Crabs will hold a grudge against those teams that passed him up. If he becomes as good as advertised and the Niners become winners, I could definitely see him become a diva.... then again, maybe I would too...

Geo
04-25-2009, 09:45 PM
Like someone in the pros gives a damn what Leach has to say, lol.

Crabtree had multiple faults and was lucky the fledgling 49ers decision makers took him where they did, otherwise he would have fell further.

parrish_lemar24DBSkins
04-25-2009, 09:51 PM
Regardless, it's ironic that Belichick's top proteges have a reputation for being arrogant, self-absorbed a@@holes.

Weis, Mangini, and McDaniels make an effort to be jerks, which I think is a big part of the reason why Mangini was let go prematurely by the Jets.

I'll be shocked if McDaniels keeps his job in Denver for more than 2 years, and if Weis doesn't win 10 games next year, he's probably gone too.

bearsfan_51
04-25-2009, 09:58 PM
Regardless, it's ironic that Belichick's top proteges have a reputation for being arrogant, self-absorbed a@@holes.
How is that in any way ironic?

XxXdragonXxX
04-25-2009, 10:32 PM
How is that in any way ironic?

Because its like 10,000 spoons when all you need is a knife.

shavedaeyebrow2
04-25-2009, 10:48 PM
Personally, I think it's a good sign for his future that the people who hate him most are Jets fans. No offense to my people or anything, just that Mangini isn't an idiot. It's funny how blind many Jets fans are to the good things that happened to the Jets under him...but thats just how it is anyway.

I thought Mangini was a pretty good coach and he has set the Jets up nicely for the future, but the one thing that has made me change my thoughts on him was how all last year, he was Brett Favre's lapdog. The man named his son after Favre, even though Brett had not played one snap yet for the Jets. I just really didn't like the way he acted with Favre last season, and as a result, I lost a lot of respect for the man. Whatever Favre wanted, Mangini gave him. I know he is Brett Favre but Mangini was essentially Favre's *****

CroomDawgs
04-25-2009, 10:54 PM
“My definition of a diva is someone who’s loud and self-absorbed”
Is he talking about himself here? Leach is such a dolt I hate him.

Nalej
04-25-2009, 10:59 PM
I love that a coahc would still have a players back even though he no longer plays for him.
It shows loyalty. I can respect that. Not a Leach fan but he earned some points with me with this.
Regardless if his point is valid or not- I just like the fact that he's got his boys back

Burger
04-25-2009, 11:00 PM
I thought Mangini was a pretty good coach and he has set the Jets up nicely for the future, but the one thing that has made me change my thoughts on him was how all last year, he was Brett Favre's lapdog. The man named his son after Favre, even though Brett had not played one snap yet for the Jets. I just really didn't like the way he acted with Favre last season, and as a result, I lost a lot of respect for the man. Whatever Favre wanted, Mangini gave him. I know he is Brett Favre but Mangini was essentially Favre's *****

That had to do with the owner partially.

phlysac
04-26-2009, 12:21 AM
Crabtree had multiple faults and was lucky the fledgling 49ers decision makers took him where they did, otherwise he would have fell further.

May I ask what these multiple faults were?

Geo
04-26-2009, 12:27 AM
Speed, character, and route-running for me.

Brent
04-26-2009, 01:48 AM
I asked Leach about Crabtree's speed. He answered, "I happen to have coached the leading receiver in the NFL for the last two years (Wes Welker, 223 receptions in '07 and '08), and suffice it to say that Michael Crabtree's faster than he is."
That made me smile haha.