04-25-2009, 10:33 PM
Now he's a free agent. FML.

Sniper
04-25-2009, 10:33 PM
You can de-tag someone? Sick!

I kin haz linkz?

Geo
04-25-2009, 10:37 PM
As long as that player hasn't signed the franchise tender, a team can always rescind the tag.

Excellent move by the Seahawks, exactly what I would have done after drafting Curry.

Matthew Jones
04-25-2009, 10:37 PM
Ouch. Sucks to be LeRoy Hill.

gpngc
04-25-2009, 10:38 PM
You can de-tag someone? Sick!

I kin haz linkz?

Saw it on NFLN. Now I guess they'll be going LB, LB in 2010. Just get as many 4-3 LBs as you can even though they make the least impact as any non-kicker position on the field.

Sideways move, and it's disgraceful. The team went 4-12 and somehow they didn't improve the team with the 4th pick in the draft.

Terrible.

Mr. Hero
04-25-2009, 10:38 PM
He's a stud for a team that didn't get themselves a SLB, maybe New England signs him to play inside next to Mayo?

gpngc
04-25-2009, 10:40 PM
As long as that player hasn't signed the franchise tender, a team can always rescind the tag.

Excellent move by the Seahawks, exactly what I would have done after drafting Curry.

How on earth is it a good move? They're already a bad defensive team and they're losing one of their most talented players. It's a sideways move.

Think about it- THEY COULD HAVE TRADED HILL for the exact same result. Stupid.

TitanHope
Ya hear that Bo Scaife?

Cook, Nelson, and Ingram are still available. You could be next!

Wonder who'll be suitors for Hill.

RaiderNation420
Raiders will get him if Marshall liked him.

Mr. Hero
04-25-2009, 10:42 PM
With the pats passing on rey rey a bunch of times and having Bruschi as their only ILB to play next to Mayo I could see the pats getting on this quick.

Calvin & Kevin
04-25-2009, 10:43 PM
Hmm... think he could play 4-3 MLB? Looks like the Lions won't get their MLB in the draft. THey could reunite him and Julian Peterson.

tjsunstein
04-25-2009, 10:46 PM
Aaron Curry is coming for you LeRoy. Watch your ass.

Geo
04-25-2009, 10:50 PM
How on earth is it a good move? They're already a bad defensive team and they're losing one of their most talented players. It's a sideways move.

Think about it- THEY COULD HAVE TRADED HILL for the exact same result. Stupid.
Trade him to who for what? What 4-3 team is going to be interested, really?

He was overpaid with the franchise tag, but now the Hawks don't have WAY too much money invested in 3 linebackers. They went younger, faster and better with Aaron Curry.

Plus now Hill enters the market after the Draft when teams have spent most of their money already and could fill their needs with rookies. For all you know the Seahawks could lock him up at a much cheaper price because of that.

Otherwise, you just have to cut your losses and look toward the future.

Xiomera
04-25-2009, 10:54 PM
I wonder if he can play the middle? Detroit needs one, haha.

Bills2083
04-25-2009, 10:55 PM
The Bills need a SLB. Plus, we have a lot of money freed up with Peters gone...

Xiomera
04-25-2009, 10:57 PM
If only the Panthers would de-tag Peppers . . .

tjsunstein
04-25-2009, 11:02 PM
If only the Panthers would de-tag Peppers . . .

No! It's too late for that. We already drafted Clay Matthews.

jsagan77
04-25-2009, 11:03 PM
Skins planned on using Orakpo at SLB but if they could get Hill they could make Orakpo a true LDE... Sick off season if they could do it...

OneToughGame
04-25-2009, 11:10 PM
Saw it on NFLN. Now I guess they'll be going LB, LB in 2010. Just get as many 4-3 LBs as you can even though they make the least impact as any non-kicker position on the field.

Sideways move, and it's disgraceful. The team went 4-12 and somehow they didn't improve the team with the 4th pick in the draft.

Terrible.

Stop pouting over not getting Crabtree already, It's annoying as ****.

BaLLiN
04-25-2009, 11:10 PM
Skins planned on using Orakpo at SLB but if they could get Hill they could make Orakpo a true LDE... Sick off season if they could do it...

i thought Popo was RDE? and where does all this money come from lol

JT Jag
04-25-2009, 11:41 PM
Hill would be an interesting pickup for the Jags. He's definately an upgrade over Clint Ingram.

CT Bronco Fan
04-25-2009, 11:43 PM
Don't really feel sorry for you, especially after the Seahawks committed Grand Theft First Round Pick on the Broncos.

21ST
04-25-2009, 11:44 PM
The redskins could sign him and then let Orakpo play DE instead of linebacker

21ST
04-25-2009, 11:48 PM
i thought Popo was RDE? and where does all this money come from lol

We already have a RDE

Cicero
04-25-2009, 11:56 PM
We get nothing for our best player on defense? ******* awesome.

Menardo75
04-25-2009, 11:58 PM
Haha just as you thought Seattle was going to get better.

gpngc
04-26-2009, 12:00 AM
Don't really feel sorry for you, especially after the Seahawks committed Grand Theft First Round Pick on the Broncos.

There have been conflicting reports about whether they got the Bears 1st round pick or the Broncos.

Preparing for the worst, the Bears pick could definitely be in the 20's.

My opinion on Crabtree has nothing to do with my thoughts on the team making a completely sideways move by adding a good young 4-3 OLB and then subtracting a good young OLB.

It's no secret I wanted Crabtree but Sanchez was a smarter pick as well.

The Seahawks went 4-12 and now have basically the same team + Housh and an upgrade at center to show for it.

the decider13
04-26-2009, 12:02 AM

Yeah, I am pissed at the seahawks. Glad I know this now...for some reason I thought it was the Panther's that ripped us off the whole time lol

TitanHope
04-26-2009, 12:04 AM
Maybe I don't understand, but wouldn't Curry be an upgrade over Hill? At least in the long run?

Cicero
04-26-2009, 12:04 AM
So much for trying to win with Hasselbeck and Jones. Their window is now closed.

gpngc
04-26-2009, 12:05 AM
Maybe I don't understand, but wouldn't Curry be an upgrade over Hill? At least in the long run?

Well traditionally you start TWO OLBs in a 4-3.

Sorry for being snappy. Not a great day.

OneToughGame
04-26-2009, 12:06 AM
We get nothing for our best player on defense? ******* awesome.

Best player? No. He's a very good LB but Tatupu >

Oh and we got the Bronco's actual pick not the one they got from the Bears.

yodabear
04-26-2009, 12:07 AM
Looking at it from a Rams fan POV, I thought it was a great day for the Seahawks. I think Curry will do good for u guys. And then got a first rounder next year in a redicously stupid move by the Broncos.

Cicero
04-26-2009, 12:09 AM

What he said.

yodabear
04-26-2009, 12:12 AM
What he said.

U guys did get what should be a very high draft pick in next year's draft tho.

Geo
04-26-2009, 12:13 AM

I get where your frustration is from, drafting Curry means letting go of Hill. Whereas if the Hawks had drafted someone else, Hill might have been kept, so that in comparison feels like a double bonus to you.

But that might not have lasted past 2009 anyways. And who's to say what Hill and his agent were looking for, if I recall didn't they already turn down an offer from the Hawks?

And also, in a nickel defense, chances are you only have 2 linebackers on the field to get an extra corner in there. Now you would know Hill much much better than I, but I wouldn't want to bench either Tatupu or Curry on third down.

Paying both Curry and Hill just isn't feasible, with Tatupu already locked up. But not having Hill franchised could free up that money for the draft picks or other players (maybe next year).

Cicero
04-26-2009, 12:17 AM

Yes, that was good move and none of us are going to argue there. Making one good move doesn't give you an excuse to make one this horrible.

gpngc
04-26-2009, 12:18 AM

Well we don't know if it's the Bears or Broncos pick. Anyone?

I get where your frustration is from, drafting Curry means letting go of Hill. Whereas if the Hawks had drafted someone else, Hill might have been kept, so that in comparison is a double bonus.

But that might not have lasted past 2009 anyways. And who's to say what Hill and his agent were looking for, if I recall didn't they already turn down an offer from the Hawks?

And also, in a nickel defense, chances are you only have 2 linebackers on the field to get an extra corner in there. Now you would know Hill much much better than I, but I wouldn't want to bench either Tatupu or Curry on third down.

I don't like the Curry pick because he's an OLB, they *had* good LBs and they were picking at #4 with a shot at a potential franchise QB or star WR.

Not a bad point about the nickel defense. But I look at it like this:

Added studly young OLB.

Subtracted studly young OLB.

That's just running in place which is not what you want to do after a 4-12 season.

yodabear
04-26-2009, 12:19 AM
Well we don't know if it's the Bears or Broncos pick. Anyone?

I don't like the Curry pick because he's an OLB, they *had* good LBs and they were picking at #4 with a shot at a potential franchise QB or star WR.

Not a bad point about the nickel defense. But I look at it like this:

Added studly young OLB.

That's just running in place which is not what you want to do after a 4-12 season.

It is the Broncos pick.

RaiderNation
04-26-2009, 12:21 AM
Come on Oakland, make a good move this weekend and get this guy

yodabear
04-26-2009, 12:23 AM
Come on Oakland, make a good move this weekend and get this guy

Does he run a 4.3 40?

Geo
04-26-2009, 12:28 AM
I see what you did there.

the decider13
04-26-2009, 12:30 AM
It is the Broncos pick.

yep...everything I've read has said that the Broncos still have the first from the Cutler trade.

TitanHope
04-26-2009, 12:44 AM
Added studly young OLB.

While Leroy Hill is a good SLB, there's a good chance that Curry ends up being better. Plus, what was the contract situation with Hill? It looks like Seattle was looking at a TC holdout.

I understand you wanted a different player, but this isn't cutting Shawne Merriman cause ya got Larry English.

Nalej
04-26-2009, 12:48 AM
While Leroy Hill is a good SLB, there's a good chance that Curry ends up being better. Plus, what was the contract situation with Hill? It looks like Seattle was looking at a TC holdout.

I understand you wanted a different player, but this isn't cutting Shawne Merriman cause ya got Larry English.

True. Looks like he should have signed that tender now, don't it. Ah well.

TitanHope
04-26-2009, 01:05 AM
Hill should fire his agent. Not realizing that this was a legitimate possibility was foolish.

McBain
04-26-2009, 02:46 AM

This man speaks the truth. I would do the running man in the circle on the floor of my apartment if this happened.

wicket
04-26-2009, 03:30 AM
come to the saints LeRoy

Gay Ork Wang
04-26-2009, 03:36 AM
idk LeRoy couldnt be traded since he didnt sign the tender yet, that was like the biggest reason theyd do it. Its like Carolina cant do anything without peppers signing the tender

Scotty D
04-26-2009, 03:38 AM
Come play Mike for the Lions.

ChiFan24
04-26-2009, 03:57 AM
While the Curry pick is stupid for other reasons, this is the right move given the pick. I'd imagine the reason they couldn't trade him for anything is because no other team is willing to give him the money he wants, so the 6 year deal they offered him probably won't be topped now that he's back on the market. They could still end up re-signing him at a much lower price.

Gay Ork Wang
04-26-2009, 04:08 AM
they couldnt ask for a price because he didnt sign the tender. they had no chance of trading him

Addict
04-26-2009, 05:15 AM
if he can play inside I'd like him in detroit.

DJC
04-26-2009, 07:13 AM
Get on this Dominik! Get Leroy and I will forgive you a little for drafting Freeman.

bearsfan_51
04-26-2009, 07:18 AM
Nobody wants to come to Detroit.

Smokey Joe
04-26-2009, 07:59 AM
Atlanta makes a lotta sense. They need help at both OLB spots, and Hill is a very solid player.

HawkEye30
04-26-2009, 08:03 AM
on espn sando is saying that they havent pulled the tag but that the threat is there because they drafted curry

http://myespn.go.com/blogs/nfcwest/0-8-743/Quick-thoughts-on-Boldin--Hill--Spencer.html?post=true

hate to make you work for it but its in the comments

edit: its not out of the equation for him to come back for cheap

Splat
04-26-2009, 08:45 AM
its not out of the equation for him to come back for cheap

Why would he come back for cheap?

HawkEye30
04-26-2009, 08:52 AM
Why would he come back for cheap?

wishful thinking mostly but most teams wont have the cap to sign him because of draft picks, im just saying its not totally out of the equation for him to come back

Geo
04-26-2009, 09:01 AM
http://blogs.thenewstribune.com/seahawks/2009/04/25/hawks_pull_franchise_tag_from_lb_hill

summond822
04-26-2009, 09:16 AM
Wow. I didn't believe this since you hadn't posted a link, but I just found one (http://blogs.thenewstribune.com/seahawks/2009/04/25/hawks_pull_franchise_tag_from_lb_hill)(same link as geo's). This doesn't mean that Hill is gone, yet. It just means that he isn't going to have near the leverage that he had early on in the process. The seahawks had better get a deal done quickly if they want to keep him though.

But drafting Curry was not a sideways move. Peterson had 3.5 sacks for us last year. He wasn't a cover LB anymore. He is over the hill (sorry Detroit). Taking Curry, who is a cover LB, who is explosive, and does make plays was a huge boost for this team. They lost a lot when Peterson decided to get old, they more than replaced that with Curry. Now, they have to bring back Hill to keep this team at a high level.

EDIT: How many teams are going to be willing, or have the money, to offer the 6 year, 36 million that Seattle has already offered him? Plus, a lot of teams that would have been interested took LB's in the first day. So, this is either going to be a shrewd move by Ruskell, or a terrible one. We'll have to wait and see.

XxXdragonXxX
04-26-2009, 09:34 AM
Ruskell said in the press conference yesterday right after drafting Curry that they were still trying to get Hill signed long term....of course hours later they pulled the tag...

Leon Sandcastle
04-26-2009, 12:42 PM
Really hoping the Buffalo Bills somehow sign him. We freed some money by trading away Jason Peters.

We have a huge hole at OLB and Hill would fit.

Dick Jauron has been adamant in saying the Bills are not done in Free Agency.

d34ng3l021
04-26-2009, 12:50 PM
Before he got tagged, I was hoping the Falcons to go after him. I think he has some Atlanta roots, or at least some roots from the South. Now that he is not tagged, and we have not addressed LB in the draft, he would be PERFECT.

OneToughGame
04-26-2009, 08:49 PM
Before he got tagged, I was hoping the Falcons to go after him. I think he has some Atlanta roots, or at least some roots from the South. Now that he is not tagged, and we have not addressed LB in the draft, he would be PERFECT.

He did get busted for pot while in Atlanta. Of course he was passed out in his car at a red light though.

critesy
04-26-2009, 09:15 PM
he would be SICK in washington..
but we dont have money so. wishful thinking.

Primetime21
04-26-2009, 09:55 PM
http://blog.seattletimes.nwsource.com/seahawks/2009/04/26/update_seahawks.html

Looks like Hill has legitimate interest in staying in Seattle and Seattle has legitimate interest in resigning him long term.

CroomDawgs
04-27-2009, 12:09 AM
Hill will probably be back there. I doubt he ould h ave gotten a deal better than what seattle had offered him, and with that whole DUI thing Seattle has all the leverage. Whoever said he should fire his agent is spot on.

scar988
04-27-2009, 03:25 AM
I want him in ATL.

Gay Ork Wang
04-27-2009, 06:22 AM
he would be SICK in washington..
but we dont have money so. wishful thinking.
Washington always has money