PDA

View Full Version : maybe parcells sees something in cam wake?

superman
04-26-2009, 12:17 PM
i mean, who would have guessed they wouldn't take an olb yet? the myths of him being a freaks freak could be true.

or they plan on signing jason taylor...

TACKLE
04-26-2009, 12:31 PM
I've seen every game Cam Wake has played in in the past to years and the guy is stud. You mentioned his freakishness (46 inch vert) but he is a very explosive athlete and just a terrific pass rusher. He is a perfect fit as an OLB in a 3-4. He's had 39 sacks in 2 seasons in the CFL. Obviously the quality of competition is a question but know that in the CFL there is a 1-yard buffer between the O and D-Line so getting that many sacks is very impressive. Chris Wilson, who is now a solid rotational DE for the Redskins, played for the BC Lions before Wake and Wake was WAY better than Wilson. Wilson was good but he was not on Wake's level.

superman
04-26-2009, 12:46 PM
as a dolphins fan, i'd rather have wake live up to his hype than anybody they could have drafted yet. if that guy was a lil younger and was re-entered into the draft i'm not sure he wouldn't have been a 1st rounder himself.

TACKLE
04-26-2009, 12:56 PM
as a dolphins fan, i'd rather have wake live up to his hype than anybody they could have drafted yet. if that guy was a lil younger and was re-entered into the draft i'm not sure he wouldn't have been a 1st rounder himself.

I don't necessarily expect him to be a double digit sack guy but I think he offers them more than some rookie in the 3rd round.

superman
04-26-2009, 01:01 PM
I don't necessarily expect him to be a double digit sack guy but I think he offers them more than some rookie in the 3rd round.

yeah, not this year anyway

parrish_lemar24DBSkins
04-26-2009, 02:24 PM
Wake is a player with Pro Bowl upside. Cam Wake used to be called Derek Wake in HS when he played for DeMatha in DC. When he was recruited to Penn State, the one player I repeated heard him compared to athletically was Lavar Arrington.

Wake suffered from injuries and lack of instincts to be a great OLB, ( he only played organized football I think 2 years in HS), but at DE in the CFL where all he had to worry about was rushing the passer, he was special.

Skins DE Chris Wilson may start this year at OLB for the Skins, and many consider him to be one of Washington's better pass rushers, (even though we still have no pass rush!!)

Wake was dirt cheap for Parcells to sign, and if he can get up to speed in training camp, he projects as better than anyone the 'fins could have drafted on the first day, IMO.