PDA

View Full Version : what exactly seperates dhb and louis murphy?

superman
04-26-2009, 12:48 PM
they seem like the same player to me. and i actually like the murphy pick because of where they got him, but dhb at 7...

so besides being a tad bit faster in the 40...does dhb have better anything? hands? route running? experience?

Gay Ork Wang
04-26-2009, 12:51 PM
i think about 0.2 in the 40

JT Jag
04-26-2009, 12:53 PM
they seem like the same player to me. and i actually like the murphy pick because of where they got him, but dhb at 7...

so besides being a tad bit faster in the 40...does dhb have better anything? hands? route running? experience?Size. DHB is 6'3 210, and Murphy is 6'2 200. It's not much, but it's what gives DHB the best size/speed combo in the draft.

sbh15
04-26-2009, 12:56 PM
I really don't see THAT much separating them either. Both have huge ceilings but also big time bust potential (though Murphy wouldn't really be considered a bust in round 4). Raiders could either have one of the dirtiest sets of WR's in the league or two more guys who just didn't pan out for them.

superman
04-26-2009, 12:56 PM
i thought murphy measured in taller than dhb...

lemme check

superman
04-26-2009, 01:00 PM
they're either both 6'2" or murphy is slightly taller going by this site

JT Jag
04-26-2009, 01:03 PM
You're right, Murphy is taller, my bad.

Ok then. Besides .15 in the 40, they're basically the same.

RaiderNation
04-26-2009, 01:03 PM
DHB has #1 potenial. Murphy will be a 2 or 3

superman
04-26-2009, 01:05 PM

i'm asking why does dhb have #1 potential but murphy not?

Gay Ork Wang
04-26-2009, 01:05 PM
why though lol

superman
04-26-2009, 01:22 PM
size, what 6 lbs?

speed, dhb has the edge of every wr. so did troy.

system. put murphy in marylands system and he i'm guessing he'll catch as many balls as dhb.

Crickett
04-26-2009, 01:23 PM
DHB wasn't a Florida WR. :p

superman
04-26-2009, 01:23 PM
which by the way, isn't that impressive. i just mean he could have been marylands #1 very easily. where at uf he's stuck behind some pretty good wr's.

i'm not a fan of either player btw, just looking at this from a vicarious p.o.v.

Buttered toast sonic
04-26-2009, 01:37 PM
couple million dollars, easy, for one, and a few rounds.

JohnCandy
04-26-2009, 01:40 PM
Louis Murphy played in a spread offense if DHB would have played at Missouri or Florida or Texas Tech he would have had huge numbers.

What would have been DHBs numbers if he had 102 catches. I bet DHB did not have 102 passes thrown at him.

Iamcanadian
04-26-2009, 01:49 PM
Louis Murphy is not a dynamic player. Yes, his numbers look impressive compared to Heyward-Bey, but Bey is a game breaker and Murphy isn't. Lots of prospects have size and speed but it is how they use it on the football field that tells you if they are special or not. Harvin for Florida was special, Murphy was nothing more than a complimentary player. Murphy for all his speed has no explosion in his game and that is why he got drafted where he did.

will99890
04-26-2009, 02:07 PM
Louis Murphy is not a dynamic player. Yes, his numbers look impressive compared to Heyward-Bey, but Bey is a game breaker and Murphy isn't. Lots of prospects have size and speed but it is how they use it on the football field that tells you if they are special or not. Harvin for Florida was special, Murphy was nothing more than a complimentary player. Murphy for all his speed has no explosion in his game and that is why he got drafted where he did.

Well said, Heyward-Bey has much, much more potential. Bey plays really fast and smooth. Murphy never really stood out when I watched Florida. He could put up similar numbers in the pros but will never attract double teams like Bey COULD if he pans out.

superman
04-26-2009, 03:41 PM

but if dhb was there instead of murphy, you think he would have done anything more than murphy did? harvin would have still been the guy.

nobodyinparticular
04-26-2009, 03:46 PM
3 S's

Size, Speed, and System.

DHB's production is more impressive considering his situation than Murphy's production at a juggernaut offense was.

I think "system" is the biggest 'S' out there. Murphy comes from a spread offense and thus needs to learn a pro system to be effective. While DHB is not exactly polished, he still played in a pro-style system in college.

Also, I would say that DHB is a better deep threat while Murphy is best on intermediate routes.

Paranoidmoonduck
04-26-2009, 04:04 PM
but if dhb was there instead of murphy, you think he would have done anything more than murphy did? harvin would have still been the guy.

More balls were thrown Murphy's way at Florida.

yourfavestoner
04-26-2009, 04:50 PM
More balls were thrown Murphy's way at Florida.

Not really. Florida runs a spread, but they run the ball close to 60% of the time. Meyer's system could not be any more different than Spurrier's. The only similarity they have is multiple receiver sets.

Kid_Ego
04-26-2009, 04:53 PM
Hype and the fact that murphy has a less chance as being referred to as bust due to draft position alone.

Paranoidmoonduck
04-26-2009, 04:56 PM
Not really. Florida runs a spread, but they run the ball close to 60% of the time. Meyer's system could not be any more different than Spurrier's. The only similarity they have is multiple receiver sets.

Okay. Murphy was thrown the ball 5 more times than Harvin in that offense. Of course, Harvin was the weapon most utilized overall in that offense, but he wasn't really "the man" in the passing game compared to Murphy.

Abaddon
04-26-2009, 05:38 PM

so besides being a tad bit faster in the 40...does dhb have better anything? hands? route running? experience?

About $20 million.