PDA

View Full Version : Jason Watkins+Gerald Cadogan???

SeanTaylorRIP
04-26-2009, 06:14 PM
Strange Scott had them both as mid round prospects, personally I had both has 3rd round prospects, strange to see them both probably go undrafted especially with tackles being such a demand in the league.

coordinator0
04-26-2009, 06:38 PM
I can't believe Cadogan went undrafted. If the Ravens weren't stacked at OT he would definitely be one of my top priorities.

Mr. Hero
04-26-2009, 07:19 PM
I'm surprised as well. I think Cadogan will be a very good UDFA pick up for some team and I hope it's the giants, work him in at OG for now and when Whimper walks next year and Beatty becomes a starter have him take over as our backup swingtackle.

DiG
04-26-2009, 09:23 PM
i wasnt really surprised actually. i had cadogan as a 5/6 round and watkins as a 6th. i think both are not very versatile and have some serious question marks.

Mr. Hero
04-26-2009, 09:24 PM
i wasnt really surprised actually. i had cadogan as a 5/6 round and watkins as a 6th. i think both are not very versatile and have some serious question marks.

HWat? Cadogan looks like a swing tackle who could also play guard, sure he probably can't play center, but I like his versatility.

TitanHope
04-26-2009, 09:43 PM
...because, no disrespect independent...

...huh?

Your theory rests upon the assumption that all NFL teams think alike and have similar opinion of players.

Fact is that every NFL team grades players out independently. The Oakland Raiders graded the safety they took in the 2nd RD as a 2nd RD prospect. Another team had the same player graded out as a 3rd RD prospect. Mel Kiper had him graded out as a 5th RD prospect. Other NFL teams had him as a late-round pick.

Everyone's opinion is different, which is actually why STRIP made this thread.

2nd Day OL slipped, all together. We saw OL's who weren't neccessarily as polished but had higher ceilings go higher. This draft was top heavy at OT, so I wonder if that had something to do with the 3rd tier and worse OT's slipping. I wonder if Florida's offensive scheme had something to do with Watkins slipping. No clue about Codagon really.

I know Titans OL coach Mike Munchak hand selected Troy Kropog, who the Titans selected in the 5th RD. I'll pay attention to his thoughts and such in coming interviews.