PDA

View Full Version : 2010 Eagles Draft

Todd Bertuzzi
04-26-2009, 06:44 PM
Discuss it in this thread.

eaglesalltheway
04-26-2009, 09:34 PM
Only 364 days away!!! Honestly, I don't know who we would even pick...

Todd Bertuzzi
04-26-2009, 09:36 PM
Well at the moment we really don't have any big needs so it really is hard to say who we would take.

eaglesalltheway
04-26-2009, 09:48 PM
As long as it isn't Tim Tebow:D...

cunningham06
04-27-2009, 02:53 AM
Well, the only position I can see becoming a big need for us next year is RT because I do not trust Stacy Andrews there at all. Maybe he will do well there this season, but I definitely think he has one of the better chances to underperform at his position. There should be plenty of good tackle prospects available next year.

Another possibility is safety. Sean Jones is not a long term solution, and we should be able to tell definitively whether Quentin Demps is the future at FS. If the team doesn't bring back Jones and isn't sold on Demps, then a player such as Taylor Mays would be really attractive.

The third possibility as I see it is at CB. Sheldon Brown will most likely be gone after this season which will leave us with Asante Samuel, Joselio Hanson, Jack Ikegwuonu, and Ellis Hobbs who is already complaining about not making enough money. I do not trust Hobbs at all for one because he was a Patriot, and two because he's complaining this early. If the worst case scenario played out and Sheldon and Hobbs are gone then I could see us going CB since I like Joselio at nickelback much more than as a starter.

eaglesalltheway
04-27-2009, 06:22 AM
Well, the only position I can see becoming a big need for us next year is RT because I do not trust Stacy Andrews there at all. Maybe he will do well there this season, but I definitely think he has one of the better chances to underperform at his position. There should be plenty of good tackle prospects available next year.

Another possibility is safety. Sean Jones is not a long term solution, and we should be able to tell definitively whether Quentin Demps is the future at FS. If the team doesn't bring back Jones and isn't sold on Demps, then a player such as Taylor Mays would be really attractive.

The third possibility as I see it is at CB. Sheldon Brown will most likely be gone after this season which will leave us with Asante Samuel, Joselio Hanson, Jack Ikegwuonu, and Ellis Hobbs who is already complaining about not making enough money. I do not trust Hobbs at all for one because he was a Patriot, and two because he's complaining this early. If the worst case scenario played out and Sheldon and Hobbs are gone then I could see us going CB since I like Joselio at nickelback much more than as a starter.

Depending on how well Akeem Jordan does this season, I think WILL could be a position of need, but we typically don't address LB early. I agree about RT, but with Herremans and Shawn all capable of playing there, I doubt we go RT early. I agree on safety, it depends on what the team does with Sean Jones and how they feel about Demps. Personally, I think the team will be more than fine with either combination. I doubt CB is addressed early unless Hobbs isn't re-signed and Sheldon is traded. Asante is still here and we've got Hanson (who I agree is best suited as a Nickel) and Ike, who the coaches seem to love. I'm not sure they love him enough to not take a CB early though, especially since CB is one of the priority positions.

If Kolb gets any time and doesn't perform well, I wouldn't rule out the team doing away with that experiment.

JackieDan
04-27-2009, 06:52 AM
What picks have we got next year? I lost track of what we traded for in the draft.

Todd Bertuzzi
04-27-2009, 02:29 PM
We got Seattle's 3rd and 5th I believe. Can't remember if we got anything else.

Sniper
04-27-2009, 02:37 PM
As long as it isn't Tim Tebow:D...

We need Tebow!!!!!! He's awesome.

Eric Berry kthxbai.

JHG722
04-27-2009, 04:17 PM
Tim Tebow in midnight green, please god, please.

Thumper
04-27-2009, 08:47 PM
Give me a RB! I love LeSean and Westy but Westy is giving out and McCoy seems to me like a guy who would explode if he was in a two back system system. Jonathan Dwyer, Evan Royster, LeGarrette Blount or Charles Scott please!

Todd Bertuzzi
04-27-2009, 08:47 PM
Noel Devine FTW!

Sniper
04-27-2009, 09:17 PM
McCoy seems to me like a guy who would explode if he was in a system.

I don't get it. McCoy is in the best system for him.

Thumper
04-27-2009, 09:56 PM

lol meant to say two back system where there is a guy who can pound the defense and then he steps in and just burns them.

Sniper
04-27-2009, 09:57 PM
lol meant to say two back system where there is a guy who can pound the defense and then he steps in and just burns them.

I see. I agree with that. I think he's going to have a big year (for a backup) this year. An early prediction from me is 800 total yards and 9 TD.

eaglesalltheway
04-28-2009, 12:31 PM
We got Seattle's 3rd and 5th I believe. Can't remember if we got anything else.

We also got either New Orleans or Indy's 6th, cant remember who. And we have that comnditional for Lito from the Jets.

That conditional, it ranges from a 4th to a 2nd, right?

eaglesalltheway
04-28-2009, 12:32 PM
We need Tebow!!!!!! He's awesome.

Eric Berry kthxbai.

I hope to god you are joking about Tebow, we already have a FB;)...

Eric Berry will go too high for our pick, barring some crazy accident...

eaglesalltheway
04-28-2009, 12:35 PM
Give me a RB! I love LeSean and Westy but Westy is giving out and McCoy seems to me like a guy who would explode if he was in a two back system system. Jonathan Dwyer, Evan Royster, LeGarrette Blount or Charles Scott please!

I love Evan Royster! as a PSU fan I've seen every game and this kid is going to be a great RB in the NFL. He won't time exceptionally fast, he may not even test out as a freak, but this kid is a flat out player, and will be a great RB. He would compliment McCoy well, but I doubt we go RB early, which is where Royster will go, assuming he declares. We won't address Rb early two years in a row, unless there is some crazy situation.

eaglesalltheway
04-28-2009, 12:38 PM

This is his best system, but I think he means that McCoy will benefit from having his touches split. I wouldn't mind another RB early, unless McCoy shows us something crazy and we wouldn't need it, but I certainly wouldn't put RB high on the priority list. Another RB would be more for when Westy leaves and the two (future RB and McCoy) could split touches, thus getting the max out of both of them.

eaglesalltheway
04-28-2009, 12:41 PM
I see. I agree with that. I think he's going to have a big year (for a backup) this year. An early prediction from me is 800 total yards and 9 TD.

I'd agree with that. At first I say the 800 and thought no way he rushes for that much, but 800 rushing+receiving yards is easily within the realm of possibilities. I think it could even be more if Westy would miss a game or two. 9 TDs might be a little much though. He is money in goal line situations though, so maybe 9 is possible.

I predict he will have one totally monster game this season, bordering 100 rushing yards and 75 receiving yards, and will total 3 TDs.

Sniper
04-28-2009, 12:46 PM
I hope to god you are joking about Tebow, we already have a FB;)...

I'm not. I think that Scott Loeffler will help Tebow a lot with his release, and he has enough raw talent to go in the first. Yeah yeah, his release is slow, he throwing motion sucks, blah blah blah. He also happens to have two NCs, a Heisman etc... He has 67 career TD passes with just 11 INT. I think that a year with Loeffler will do wonders for him. The guy wins, is a true leader and his character probably outweighs his talent, which is saying a lot.

Eric Berry will go too high for our pick, barring some crazy accident...

Eric Berry is the type of player you trade up for.

Sniper
04-28-2009, 12:47 PM
I'd agree with that. At first I say the 800 and thought no way he rushes for that much, but 800 rushing+receiving yards is easily within the realm of possibilities. I think it could even be more if Westy would miss a game or two. 9 TDs might be a little much though. He is money in goal line situations though, so maybe 9 is possible.

I predict he will have one totally monster game this season, bordering 100 rushing yards and 75 receiving yards, and will total 3 TDs.

Well, he had 36 total touchdowns in two years, so I think 9 is definitely possible. He'll also have a hell of a lot more to work with than he did at Pitt.

eaglesalltheway
04-28-2009, 01:09 PM
I'm not. I think that Scott Loeffler will help Tebow a lot with his release, and he has enough raw talent to go in the first. Yeah yeah, his release is slow, he throwing motion sucks, blah blah blah. He also happens to have two NCs, a Heisman etc... He has 67 career TD passes with just 11 INT. I think that a year with Loeffler will do wonders for him. The guy wins, is a true leader and his character probably outweighs his talent, which is saying a lot.

Eric Berry is the type of player you trade up for.

Maybe if Tebow starts showing more of those things this season I'll change my tune, but as of now, he is a no want in my book. Its not a knock on him as a player or person at all. As has been said billions of times, his intangibles are the best of anyone in the history of college football, and he is a natural born leader. I love those attributes. But as of now, there are at least 4 or 5 QBs I'd take over him.

I don't think any team has traded from 32 up to 1 before...;). Maybe the Eagles are the first. I love Eric Berry, and if Sean Jones doesn't pan out, I'd love him as a pick, I just think its very unlikely we are in a postion to draft him.

eaglesalltheway
04-28-2009, 01:10 PM
Well, he had 36 total touchdowns in two years, so I think 9 is definitely possible. He'll also have a hell of a lot more to work with than he did at Pitt.

Its not a knock on his talent at all. Its more of a compliment to the talent around him. There are so many playmakers on this offense that his opportunities to score will be limitted.

Dr. Greenthumb
04-30-2009, 10:30 AM
It's hard to tell at this point but right now I'd say it looks like linebacker might be a need, possibly interior offensive lineman or safety. Sean Weatherspoon, Rico McCoy, and Eric Barry all come to mind.

eaglesalltheway
04-30-2009, 11:41 AM
It's hard to tell at this point but right now I'd say it looks like linebacker might be a need, possibly interior offensive lineman or safety. Sean Weatherspoon, Rico McCoy, and Eric Barry all come to mind.

I'd agree to an extent on LB, but it'd have to be a WLB, which Weatherspoon would be a great fit there, not sure he'd be a great fit in our system as a WLB though, but I think he can be an OK fit. I could see interior OL, but it isn't a huge need, we have Shawn, Todd, MJG, Cole, Jackson, and McGlynn there, though if either Shawn or Herremans were moved to RT, I could see it as a possibility.

Thumper
10-25-2009, 01:38 PM
Woah, why isn't this stickied?

Anyways, with the acquisition of Will Witherspoon I don't think that WLB is a premier need anymore, the Eagles no longer need someone who can come in right away. Instead they can have someone who is talented but raw come in from the middle rounds and groom them behind Witherspoon/Jordan for two years. Also with Stewart Bradley coming back MLB won't be a need and Chris Gocong is IMO gone in free agency so SLB might be the spot that needs the most help but the Eagles are really high on Moises Fokou the rookie out of Maryland.

IMO the premier need is DL, the reason the linebackers look questionable so much is because there are so many blitzes and there are blitzes because the front 4 cannot get consistent pressure on the QB, Trent Cole can but no one else can. The Eagles really need a LE who can rush the passer and I've got my eyes set on Derrick Morgan out of Georgia Tech who plays just like Justin Tuck.

Also on my radar on offense is Trent Williams who is falling because he struggles with speed, but he is a perfect fit on the right side of the line which is where the Eagles need a lot of help and he has the speed to stick with Tuck and the power to withstand his bull rush, he is the top RT in the draft and luckily for the Eagles right tackles never go very high unless your name is Jeff Otah or Gosder, both of whom IMO are much more powerful than Williams.

I would also really like to get a power back and I really like Toby Gerhart out of Stanford as the power back the Eagles should grab. And with Jason Avant possibly heading into free agency the Eagles might need a new slot receiver and I like Blair White and Eric Decker for that spot, and both of them have potential to play outside as well but I like them inside where they can use their size and strength to outmuscle smaller nickel corners.

Rob331
12-18-2009, 07:04 PM
The Eagles have a 1, a 2, two 3's (Seattles), two 4's, and a 6 in the draft. Without trades that spells 1-DE, 2-RB, 3-CB, 3-OLB, 4-ILB, 4-S and 6 DL. Wow - only one player on offense.

It changes a little if you look into the crystle ball and see Vick being traded. Based on his performance so far, maybe he gets us a 5 and a 6. Figure a WR and a QB if that happens.

Then we have free agancy to consider. If it's an uncapped year we get to keep Weaver, Avant, Gocong, Jean-Gilles, Gaither and Cole. If there's a labor agreemetn they're all free agants. Since I already think we'll draft 2 LB's Gaither can walk. I;d like to see gocong resigned. Jordan is a RFA.

ljk2171
12-19-2009, 10:52 AM
The Eagles have a 1, a 2, two 3's (Seattles), two 4's, and a 6 in the draft. Without trades that spells 1-DE, 2-RB, 3-CB, 3-OLB, 4-ILB, 4-S and 6 DL. Wow - only one player on offense.

It changes a little if you look into the crystle ball and see Vick being traded. Based on his performance so far, maybe he gets us a 5 and a 6. Figure a WR and a QB if that happens.

Then we have free agancy to consider. If it's an uncapped year we get to keep Weaver, Avant, Gocong, Jean-Gilles, Gaither and Cole. If there's a labor agreemetn they're all free agants. Since I already think we'll draft 2 LB's Gaither can walk. I;d like to see gocong resigned. Jordan is a RFA.

Very good analogy. I think round one is definitely DE/CB and round 2 will be the other, while RB will be addressed with one of the third rounders. Offense will be ignored for the most part, since they are young and have pretty good depth.

eaglesalltheway
12-19-2009, 11:06 AM

The Eagles can't really trade Vick, since technically, his contract was a one year deal with a team option for a second year. If the team decides to go with the second year (which I doubt), they won't be trading him, they'd keep him.

As long as Bradley is healthy, ILB is not a need AT ALL, and OLB is only a need if Gocong isn't re-signed (very possible). Even if Gocong isn't back, we have some potential options at SAM, or could slide Bradley over if the team would feel comfortable with it, and put Witherspoon at MIKE.

OL is also a need, where the team could lose MJG, and even if they don't I expect OL to be addressed fairly early this year. With Shady being a high pick, I doubt we use a high value pick on RB, especially with needs at positions (OL, DL, Secondary) the team has a history of valuing more than RB. Maybe as early as the third round, where the Eagles have a history of picking their RBs, but I don't see it any earlier than that...

eaglesalltheway
12-19-2009, 11:16 AM
Very good analogy. I think round one is definitely DE/CB and round 2 will be the other, while RB will be addressed with one of the third rounders. Offense will be ignored for the most part, since they are young and have pretty good depth.

Am I dumb? I didn't see any analogies anywhere in that post, lol.

I think positions on offense that could be addressed are OL (specifically interior OL) RB, WR, and QB. It is impossible to say that we will do anything with regard to the draft plans at this point because the draft is so far away, and it isn't even close to being a finished process yet. Count on this, you know AR always drafts one O-linemen every year to at least challenge depth. Expect that, or maybe earlier since we could use potential upgrades there, and with question marks about the Andrews brothers. If things go as I expect, Vick will not be brought back next year and that leaves just 2 QBs on the roster. When was the last time the Eagles had just two QBs on the roster for an entire season? Certainly not ever under Reid. I have a feeling that WR will be addressed somewhere around the 4th to 5th round range, especially if we lose Avant to FA. If the Eagles are able to keep him, it wouldn't surpise me if they released Curtis, though I'm not sure on that because I don't know what the penalty would be for doing so. RB has two possibilities. With Westy's tenure as an Eagle most likely over after next season, I think they will get an RB in this draft. However, if the value isn't there, they may hold off until next year. They can do that because I see Buckley as a good 3rd RB option.

I definitely expect DE and CB to be addressed early, but after that, it is impossible to know right now how things will play out. OL could be addressed early, as could LB or S or even RB if the right situation would come up come draft time.

superman8456
12-19-2009, 11:23 AM
I'm looking at Jason Pierre Paul attentively now. I think there is a solid chance he might end up an Eagle. How do you guys feel about it?

Todd Bertuzzi
12-19-2009, 11:35 AM
No thank you. He's being over hyped right now.

ljk2171
12-19-2009, 04:23 PM
Am I dumb? I didn't see any analogies anywhere in that post, lol.

I think positions on offense that could be addressed are OL (specifically interior OL) RB, WR, and QB. It is impossible to say that we will do anything with regard to the draft plans at this point because the draft is so far away, and it isn't even close to being a finished process yet. Count on this, you know AR always drafts one O-linemen every year to at least challenge depth. Expect that, or maybe earlier since we could use potential upgrades there, and with question marks about the Andrews brothers. If things go as I expect, Vick will not be brought back next year and that leaves just 2 QBs on the roster. When was the last time the Eagles had just two QBs on the roster for an entire season? Certainly not ever under Reid. I have a feeling that WR will be addressed somewhere around the 4th to 5th round range, especially if we lose Avant to FA. If the Eagles are able to keep him, it wouldn't surpise me if they released Curtis, though I'm not sure on that because I don't know what the penalty would be for doing so. RB has two possibilities. With Westy's tenure as an Eagle most likely over after next season, I think they will get an RB in this draft. However, if the value isn't there, they may hold off until next year. They can do that because I see Buckley as a good 3rd RB option.

I definitely expect DE and CB to be addressed early, but after that, it is impossible to know right now how things will play out. OL could be addressed early, as could LB or S or even RB if the right situation would come up come draft time.

Wow....too much shoveling, analysis is what I was going for.

frubulubu
01-24-2010, 12:12 AM
De, Lb, Cb, S. The draft cant come soon enough, But I got to consider what the team does in FA. They will probably take one of those in FA. Leaving the draft for the rest.