PDA

View Full Version : Edwin Mulitalo

Non_Sequitur
03-07-2007, 09:33 PM
For our RG hole?

nyjets5125
03-07-2007, 09:35 PM
hes a LG, idk how hell fair at RG, but if he can play, then for a short-term deal i wouldnt mind it cuz hes32

Non_Sequitur
03-07-2007, 10:22 PM
hes a LG, idk how hell fair at RG, but if he can play, then for a short-term deal i wouldnt mind it cuz hes32

Younger than Kendall I believe.

Crickett
03-08-2007, 12:30 AM
Younger than Kendall I believe.

By one year. And with contracts going the way they are this year, I really think the Jets are better off looking for a guard in the draft.

Non_Sequitur
03-08-2007, 01:43 AM
By one year. And with contracts going the way they are this year, I really think the Jets are better off looking for a guard in the draft.

Mulitalo won't command high dollars, won't cost a high draft pick, will be an upgrade over Moore, and will allow us to draft a developemental RG in the draft on day two, and give him a couple years to progress.

Crickett
03-08-2007, 01:48 AM
Mulitalo won't command high dollars, won't cost a high draft pick, will be an upgrade over Moore, and will allow us to draft a developemental RG in the draft on day two, and give him a couple years to progress.

If Langston Walker can command high dollars, anyone in the NFL can.

hcbrad08
03-08-2007, 10:53 AM

He won't cost a high draft pick that's about it...No player in this market will just NOT command high money Muliato is a proven veteran on a stout line...G is not a position we need to worry about... Brandon Moore has been playing well but Clement was the weak spot on our line and as a result made the Right side and moore look poorer than the should... If he were younger maybe 28/29 I would say yes because he is better than Moore but it wont and shouldnt happen...Also drafting developmental OLs is awful unless you've already drafted OLs in the draft...How many OLs sit on the bench and never play thats what a 2nd day development guy for 2years would do and wouldnt be worth the pick the Jets if they go guard do it for a solid backup behind Moore and or Kendall so when their contracts are up they can plug them in and by then Brick and Mangold will be veterans. Plus the Jets like Wade Smith bc he can play T G & C.

Crickett
03-08-2007, 01:49 PM
He won't cost a high draft pick that's about it...No player in this market will just NOT command high money Muliato is a proven veteran on a stout line...G is not a position we need to worry about... Brandon Moore has been playing well but Clement was the weak spot on our line and as a result made the Right side and moore look poorer than the should... If he were younger maybe 28/29 I would say yes because he is better than Moore but it wont and shouldnt happen...Also drafting developmental OLs is awful unless you've already drafted OLs in the draft...How many OLs sit on the bench and never play thats what a 2nd day development guy for 2years would do and wouldnt be worth the pick the Jets if they go guard do it for a solid backup behind Moore and or Kendall so when their contracts are up they can plug them in and by then Brick and Mangold will be veterans. Plus the Jets like Wade Smith bc he can play T G & C.

Don't forget Pete Kendall is 34. And while Wade can play T, G & C, so could Jonathan Goodwin. IMO, guard is a need for the Jets, especially a run blocking guard considering how many times the Jets OL was simply mauled on third and short running situations.

BroadwayJoe10
03-08-2007, 02:35 PM
yaa exactly...i believe we'll be better off with a year under mangold and D'brick as well as the addition of TJ and Barnes but i couldnt agree more we def need someone to help with run support on the right side

derza222
03-08-2007, 03:48 PM
I don't think we should sign Mulitalo but I agree with Crickett we could use a nasty run blocker for the future. I was thinking, could the Thomas Jones trade have put us in position to nab a second tier guard in this draft? Maybe we grab a guy before he goes in the third. I think Manuel Ramirez would be a realistic option for us to look at, maybe in the third round though.

nyjets5125
03-08-2007, 03:57 PM
Mulitalo will probably command high dollars, havent you seen the deals others are getting???, mulitalo is a great proven OG

nyjets5125
03-08-2007, 03:58 PM
i htink somewhere this offseason we should get an OG, whether its draft or FA, moore is not what we expected and kendalls old, unless we move jones inside to OG and think hell be good there

hcbrad08
03-08-2007, 04:36 PM
If you want a sick run blocking OG then look to the draft and Manny Ramirez they say he's an absolute freak of nature and stonger than anything. We don't need a 32 year old to come in a just play RG bc if you're saying Kendall is 34 then next year both LG and RG will have to be rehauled Brandon Moore is Young and effective. You draft Ramirez for next year and put him on at RG next to Colombo or whoever is playing RT and move Moore to the Left Side next to our 3 year vet Brick. Then you have in 2008 Brick Moore Mangold Ramirez Colombo/Blalock/RT 75(as they say in madden) and you've got a great great front 5.

derza222
03-08-2007, 04:42 PM
I'm with you hcbrad, I really think we need to give Ramirez a long, hard look on draft day.

Crickett
03-08-2007, 05:10 PM
If you want a sick run blocking OG then look to the draft and Manny Ramirez they say he's an absolute freak of nature and stonger than anything. We don't need a 32 year old to come in a just play RG bc if you're saying Kendall is 34 then next year both LG and RG will have to be rehauled Brandon Moore is Young and effective. You draft Ramirez for next year and put him on at RG next to Colombo or whoever is playing RT and move Moore to the Left Side next to our 3 year vet Brick. Then you have in 2008 Brick Moore Mangold Ramirez Colombo/Blalock/RT 75(as they say in madden) and you've got a great great front 5.

This would certainly be the ideal situation for the Jets offense IMO. Plus the Jets will another 2 day 1 picks to address defense.

nyjets5125
03-08-2007, 05:29 PM
i would like ramirez in round 2 or 3...you think theres a good chance he falls to us at round 3?

Crickett
03-08-2007, 05:34 PM
i would like ramirez in round 2 or 3...you think theres a good chance he falls to us at round 3?

IMO, it is somewhat of a risk to hope he falls to the late third. He could like Max Jean-Gilles, but what if he doesn't?

derza222
03-08-2007, 05:38 PM
I agree with Crickett, that's why I think the Bears' second rounder is great position for us to grab him just in case he doesn't fall. We're not afraid to make reaches, and that is a reach I would definitely like.

BroadwayJoe10
03-08-2007, 08:39 PM
i think thats the flexibility that tannenbaum constantly talks about, which i fully agree with....going into the draft with every spot or as many spots as possibly filled then there wont be any poor judgements or reachs in the draft, which looks like what we've been doing...if theres no outstanding position we needed we have the flexibility to draft a Manny Ramirez with our second rounder instead of picking someone who we need and praying that he falls to us with the third rounder...its definately the ideal situation and am really confident with tannenbaum and mangini, more and more so as time goes on

derza222
03-08-2007, 08:43 PM
Only spot I'm unsure of at this point (besides NT, which I don't think we'll be able to fill this year) is how we're going to work out the need at right tackle.

BroadwayJoe10
03-08-2007, 08:49 PM
not 100% sure but if we dont get colombo can't we have adrian jones play RT??

derza222
03-08-2007, 08:51 PM
I think Jones is lightish for a RT and not very strong, I'd rather a mauler who can move people in the run game.

BroadwayJoe10
03-08-2007, 09:04 PM
what about wade smith?? if at all necesarry is he able to play RT??

nyjets5125
03-08-2007, 09:19 PM
well rigth now were targeting colombo and smith (who were both previously mentioned) to fill in that RT spot, and then if we draft a guy like Manny Ramirez we can have him battle Moore out for the job (which i would expect Ramirez to win) and then have the loser be pete kendals eventual replacement, also i think adrian jones would maybe be a better fit inside at OG

BroadwayJoe10
03-08-2007, 09:25 PM
i definately like what we're doing in free agency filling up these holes and allowing us to go into the draft with flexibility....it allows us to take a manny ramirez maybe a little higher than he should go ...i never really saw him play in college is he that much of a beast as a run blocker?? and is he poor at pass blocking or just not as good in comparison to his run blocking?

Non_Sequitur
03-08-2007, 11:51 PM

I haven't given up on Moore yet, I think he'll make a better LG than RG. But we need to get a true RG and put Moore behind Kendall.

hcbrad08
03-10-2007, 02:23 AM
I say we fill all our holes in FA with guys who can play for us and then that gives us flexibilty inj the draft thats what i've heard from the front office that's what I've heard.

I've also heard that if we can sign a cb and rt FA then we may trade up in the 1st with 35 59 63 and barton or mcareins to the tope 5 and take Thomas and or Johnson but only if needs can be filled in FA... I heard this from Jets Insider and ESPN Radio John Clayton talkuing about matt millen maybe wanting to trade down in round one (so we'd have a choice btwn Thomas and Johnson who would you take? I'm postin this as a topic)

BroadwayJoe10
03-10-2007, 10:22 AM
I say we fill all our holes in FA with guys who can play for us and then that gives us flexibilty inj the draft thats what i've heard from the front office that's what I've heard.

I've also heard that if we can sign a cb and rt FA then we may trade up in the 1st with 35 59 63 and barton or mcareins to the tope 5 and take Thomas and or Johnson but only if needs can be filled in FA... I heard this from Jets Insider and ESPN Radio John Clayton talkuing about matt millen maybe wanting to trade down in round one (so we'd have a choice btwn Thomas and Johnson who would you take? I'm postin this as a topic)

WOw havn't heard this one, but pretty sure this is gonna cause some serious rumors haha... i know we resigned wade smith and im not too displeased with the way moore played, i feel it was clements who made the right side look so poorly, which made moore look worse than he really played...in that case if we did trade up than i would more than definately want calvin Johnson, for a few reasons...i think joe thomas is a beast, and i beleive we would probably then plug him into the RT spot becuase we sure as hell aren't going to move D'brick to RT. IF that is the case than i can't justify using the 2nd overall pick from detroit on a RT no matter how good he is. Second i think Calvin JOhnson is the best player in the draft and would def make quite the end zone threat as well as make us have one of the best recieving cores for a couple years than once coles retires we'll have 2 legit #1 receivers...also, if chad gets injured or takin over by clemens than what better way to help a young QB than with CJ and cotchery....i dont see it happening, personally i see them pulling the gun for moss instead, especially if theres a chance hes gonna go to the pats

nyjets5125
03-10-2007, 11:42 PM

i doubt this happens, but the player i would choose would depend on who we sign in FA, i would probably rather CJ though just cuz hes not human